750 KB file saves 10 times longer than a 900 KB file

We use a spreadsheet in our office that has numerous macros. This spreadsheet is approximately 750 kb. I created another file with no macros that is about 900 kb. The 900 kb file saves enormously faster that the 750 kb file with macros

I spend a lot of time waiting for these files to save all day long. I have tried moving the macros to another sheet to see if that would help - but it only helped minutely. I have no add-ins checked (I saw that suggestion on another post). Any suggestions are hugely appreciated. Thank you.
0
anonymous (74722)

I've never noticed a difference in time based on if a workbook contains macros
(discounting a misbehaving macro).

Are you saving to the same location in your tests--local harddrive for both or
common share for both?

Any chance you can disable the antivirus software to see if that's interferring
with your save.

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Thanks for considering this situation. I reallize there could be a number of things causing the long save??

Anyway, I don't have any antivirus software installed. I double checked the saving time for the 900 kb file in the same location as the 750 kb file, and it was still extremely faster. Neither of the files are shared (is that what you meant?)

I also had a friend save the same file on their computer and it took at long time too

Is there a chance that during the saving process the spreadsheet is updating other files? I don't intend to update any other files with this spreadsheet, but there could be a cell in there somewhere that I don't know about trying to update another document - I have seen that happen when copying & pasting between two open documents. Again, I don't intend for it to do that if that is the case

Your continued help on this is greatly appreciated. Thank you

- Davi

     ----- Dave Peterson wrote: ----

     I've never noticed a difference in time based on if a workbook contains macro
     (discounting a misbehaving macro)

     Are you saving to the same location in your tests--local harddrive for both o
     common share for both

     Any chance you can disable the antivirus software to see if that's interferrin
     with your save

     David P. wrote
     >> We use a spreadsheet in our office that has numerous macros. This spreadsheet is approximately 750 kb. I created another file with no macros that is about 900 kb. The 900 kb file saves enormously faster that the 750 kb file with macros
     >> I spend a lot of time waiting for these files to save all day long. I have tried moving the macros to another sheet to see if that would help - but it only helped minutely. I have no add-ins checked (I saw that suggestion on another post). Any suggestions are hugely appreciated. Thank you

     --

     Dave Peterso
     ec35720@msn.co

0
anonymous (74722)
6/3/2004 5:31:03 PM
From a couple of private emails:

I've never seen just that cause problems.  Are you saving to a Network drive.

I have seen posts that say that some workbooks with userforms could have slow
saves.

Maybe someone will jump in the newsgroup thread.

===

I searched the MS knowledge base and found these:

http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?InCC_hdn=false&Catalog=LCID%3D1033%26CDID%3DEN-US-KB%26PRODLISTSRC%3DON&withinResults=&QuerySource=gASr_Query&Product=xlw&Queryc=slow+save&Query=slow+save&KeywordType=ALL&maxResults=150&Titles=false&numDays

If clicking on that doesn't work, this should be all one line and then paste it
into your browser.

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

#Delete Mark in Bound Memo filed

CSV File Problem

CFile (delete file)

import a 123 file

Help, I cannot Save!

.pdf save as settings

Windows Server 2008 R2 04-09-10

Public Folder link to Excel File

Invoice Numbers 10-27-07

Renaming Partial File Names

Budget Wont Save
I have have Money 2002 for awhile and have never been able to save a budget and start a new one. I decided to start over with a new file, but once I get all my info back in there, it still won't save. MS has no info in the KB about this. Anyone else have this issue? ...

printing imported gif files in Excel

GP 10 AP Reconciliation Statement
Hi All, I have one query about the reconcile feature that is available in GP 10 to reconcile the AP and AR to GL. It has come to my notice when i take a recon statement for AP it does not match with the AP historical aged trail balance after taking into consideration the unmatched and potentially matched transactions. I have taken the AP smartlist for the given period and compared it with the transaction being displayed in the recon statement. What has come to my notice is the recon statement is not taking few transaction like invoice or payment for some reason. I faced this issue with almo...

unknown .edb file

question about Time