2007 pivot table display data in row label

I have data in a row label that I want displayed as currency ALL the
time....BUT...when I refresh, the data changes back to the default. Any
suggestions?
Thanks

Format the cells as Currency and save.

Please hit Yes if my comments have helped.

Thanks.

"Tim" wrote:

> I have data in a row label that I want displayed as currency ALL the
> time....BUT...when I refresh, the data changes back to the default. Any
> suggestions?
> Thanks
Also, right click on the PT>Table Options>uncheck Autoformat table

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"trip_to_tokyo" <info@pierrefondes.com> wrote in message
> Format the cells as Currency and save.
>
> Please hit Yes if my comments have helped.
>
> Thanks.
>

> "Tim" wrote:
>
>> I have data in a row label that I want displayed as currency ALL the
>> time....BUT...when I refresh, the data changes back to the default. Any
>> suggestions?
>> Thanks

> signature database 4743 (20100104) __________

> http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4743 (20100104) __________

http://www.eset.com

0
Roger
1/4/2010 10:26:16 PM
Hi there...tried this already, but still not displayed as currency. Thanks

"trip_to_tokyo" wrote:

> Format the cells as Currency and save.
>
> Please hit Yes if my comments have helped.
>
> Thanks.
>

> "Tim" wrote:
>
> > I have data in a row label that I want displayed as currency ALL the
> > time....BUT...when I refresh, the data changes back to the default. Any
> > suggestions?
> > Thanks

#DIV/0! displayed in Pivot Tables
I create Pivot Tables that use calced fields. Sometimes the calced fields divide zero by zero which results in #DIV/0! showing up in the RowTotals and TotalTotals. I can use the Table Options For Error Value Show (blank), which removes the #Div/0! from the table display, the only problem with doing this is the TotalTotal cells also show up as blank. Here's my code for creating the calced field. ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable2").CalculatedFields.Add "Weighted Avg Price", _ "=rev / PosSold" With ActiveSheet.P...

2003 moves minus signs to trail data labels!
My "minus signs" are trailing their data labels on my excel charts. Instead of: -27.6% It's displaying: 27.6%- The numbers in the reference cells are formatted normally with the minus sign before the number (-27.6). My only thought is I just upgraded from 98 to 2003. I did not have this problem in 98. What do I do? John - Sounds like somebody applied a custom number format. Select the labels, press CTRL+1 to format, and on the Number tab, select one of the standard percentage formats. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Servic...

Data conversion Cam3
Has converted from Cam3 to RMS? Cam3 uses Btrieve 6.15. I have a prospect who is looking at switching to RMS from CAM. They want Inventory, Customer history and purchasing history. Any suggestions woulld be appreciated. Pat See if the program will export to a comma type file. The it is easy. "pat@arms" <patarms@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9073BC10-884B-48F7-AEDB-AF58093F65CA@microsoft.com... > Has converted from Cam3 to RMS? Cam3 uses Btrieve 6.15. I have a > prospect who is looking at switching to RMS from CAM. > They want Inventory, Custo...

Data Menu
Trying to creat a Web Query. The book says to choose Data, Import External Data. I can not find the Data menu. Can you help me? Excell 2002, VBA 6.2 Gordon Top line between tools and window. Great start. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Gordon" <gwelch1938@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1171025326.647737.6040@j27g2000cwj.googlegroups.com... > Trying to creat a Web Query. The book says to choose Data, Import > External Data. I can not find the Data menu. Can you help me? > Excell 2002, VBA 6.2 > > Gordon > Gordon, Y...

Error when opening a macro-enabled Excel 2007 file
I have a worksheet with a simple macro in it. When I go to open the file, I always get an error message saying "Excel found unreadable content....". Help? ...

Can I remove the "page and number" displayed on Excel spreadsheet
When I create an Excel spreadsheet, the word Page and a number are displayed on each page in a large font in a gray color. Is there any way to remove these from the display? They make it difficult to read the data that I enter. You're looking at the worksheet in Page Break Preview. To go to Normal view, choose View>Normal Janice Jackson wrote: > When I create an Excel spreadsheet, the word Page and a number are displayed > on each page in a large font in a gray color. Is there any way to remove > these from the display? They make it difficult to read the data that I e...

Passing data out of a dll
Hi all... I have a dll that needs to pass on some data back to the main program. But I'm not entirely sure how I can accomplish this and still keep the dll free from unnecessary dependencies. I thought of defining a struct inside the dll, and passing back a pointer to it (after the dll filled it up)... but then the main program would need to be made aware of the struct definition too. So then I thought of moving the struct definition into a separate header file and including that in both the main program and the dll. This, although solves the initial problem, would create an indirec...

Recovering my Outlook Data
Hi, I experienced a crash and had to reinstall Vista and all my applications. Fortunately I keep all my data on a separate physical drive. How can I restore my Outlook data stored in “D:\Outlook\Outlook.pst” and “D:\Oulook\Archive.pst” ? Can you also indicate how to configure Outlook to permanently point and save all data in the same location? I did this only ounce and I don’t remember how to achieve it again. Thanks, Answers are posted here daily. Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup or transfer: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm http://www...

Money 2003 Deluxe
I have Money 2003 Deluxe version and want to back up to a CD periodically, but the option for backing up to a removable device only lists the A drive (3.5 floppy). How can I modify this so I can back up to the hard drive each time I exit Money and backup to the writable CD every week or so, without having to make changes in the backup options each time? Does anyone know if Money 2004 supports this, backing up to CDs? Thanks ...

add new data to specific columns in multiple worksheets
I have a very large spreadsheet that I'd like to break down into multiple worksheets. I have only three columns that I need repeated on each worksheet. When I add new data to these columns on sheet one, I'd like that data to be inserted into sheets 2 and 3 and so on. I know I can group the worksheets to accomplish this, however I'm turning the maintenance of this workbook over to someone who is completely computer illiterate and I need to make the process as simple as possible. Chances are excellent that the person who will be maintaining the data will forget to ungroup the...

Display Last Saved Date Excel
Hi I want a cell in the top right corner of my sheet stating the date and time it was last saved as I have a rather unstable network where i work and it crashes. I know this is available in Word and it's a similar kinda thing i'm looking for. Thanks Hi, I can offer a VBA solution, I don't know Excel worksheet funtion for this purpose. Public Function timestamp(filepathandname) timestamp = FileDateTime(filepathandname) End Function Place this function in a normal module and use it as a UDF. Format the result cell as date/time! Regards, Stefi „JonniP” ezt írta: ...

Create a user-defined cell to display shape's layer name
How can I reference a shape's own layer name to display as a field? Specifically, I want to create a text box with a custom formula or user-defined field that display's that shape's one and only layer name. I can display the layerMember index by using "=LayerMember", but can't figure out the name. Please no VB/VBA. Thanks. The 1st thing to do might be just making custom propery on the page. Then please open the shapesheet of the page, add rows to the Custom Preperty Section, (or Shape Data in Visio 2007). The number of rows are as same as the number of layers. An...

how do I surpress the printout of an empty field and its label?
I have 18 products and the name and address all in one record in the original Excel spreadsheet. My customer enters a number for the amount of a desired product. Of the 18 products a person may want 3 of one and 2 of another so the other 16 fields are null and I do not want them to print out on my report. want I want to print is: Joe Shmoe 123 Any place dr. NY,NY 12345 3 Book "A" 2 Book "B" What I don't want is what I get: Joe Shmoe 123 Any place dr. NY,NY 12345 3 Book "A" 2 Book "B" Book "C" Book "D" the other 14 g...

Office 2000, Outlook 2007 and Vista????
I am running Vista and have Office 2000 apps, except Outlook, running fine. I don't feel like switching whole hog but might be interested in getting Outlook 2007 since Outlook 2000 will not run on Vista. If I get Outlook 2007 will it install properly on this machine? -- Roger Sipson It will install. You won't have all the features unless you install the full office suite. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outl...

2003 classic menues instead of 2007/2010 Ribbon Interface?
Is there a way to use classic Office 2003 menues in Office 2007/2010 instead of the Ribbon Interface? No and yes. No, as in you can't turn off the ribbon. Yes, as in you can change the ribbon so it looks similar to the Office 2003 menus. There are a couple of free add-ins out there. One of them can be found at http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Ribbon_Menu_Controls.htm (link is just below the last image) Personally, I would learn to get used to the ribbon if I were you. It is here to stay and it is becoming more and more present in other applications as well. Menus will die o...

If statement not displaying text if conditions not met
I want to do a calculation which calculates selling price from either Margin % or Margin £ and if there is nothing in either field then I want to display the text "no margin". I have tried the following formula:- Sell Ex VAT: IIf([Margin %] Is Not Null,[Cost Price]+([Margin %]*[Cost Price]),(IIf([Margin £] Is Not Null,[Cost Price]+[Margin £],"no margin"))) However, if there is nothing in either field, then it returns #Error. Anyone got any ideas? What happens if you change "no margin" to 0 (zero). Does it then work? -Dorian "Ruth&quo...

For Each Loop with Pivot Table
Hi, In trying to overcome the problems associated with corrupted pivot data (as described in my post VB corrupting pivot tables), I think I know how to solve the problem, but lack the vba expertise to code it. I would greatly appreciate if someone could suggest the correct syntax: I have a pivot table page field called "SA". Using VBA I would like to step through each value in the field to compare with a user inputed value. The value in this instance is a name. So for example, assuming the user enters the name Alex. I would like to loop through all the values stored in SA to...

Pivots tables refreshed but not updated
When refreshing data in Pivot Tables it says that it has been refreshed but the data has not been updated. This mostly occurs when linking to data in another spreadsheet ...

data lable don't appear in chart bars appear without lable
I have created six panel charts work fine but charts in panel don't lables for bars, value do appears. ...

Excel 2007
Hi, weird question. I've got several thousand single-cell alphanumeric values (e.g., CUSA000040, CUSA000041). Basically they range from 01 to 10,000. However, some numbers are missing from the sequence. Is there a way to have Excel show the ranges of values that *do* exist in this long list? As in, 40-150; 151-200; 205-4000, etc., with or without the alpha prefix? Thanks very much! Hope this question makes sense! Assume your values are in column A on Sheet1. Insert a new Sheet2 and in A2 enter this value: CUSA000001 and put this in A3: CUSA000002 Then select those 2 cells and d...

Replies and Forwarded email wont display pictures
Hey All, I have OL2003 and my wife has OL Express 6. I routinely get email alerts from Ebay which contains HTML content AND working pictures.. I have rules setup to automatically forward these to my wife. When my wife opens these in OLE 6, only the HTML tags and body are showing. It is like either my outgoing or her incoming is blocking the "grabbing" of the external picture links. I have tried every option on both sides including disabling AVG on both sides... I am at my wits end...Someone know how to get around this?? bama Another piece of data..I sent the email to myself an...

Pivot Table Problem #2
I have a pivot table I created that basically counts items so that I have am item name and count side by side after the pivot table completes as below Item1 24 Item2 15 Now my issue is that I want to count a secondary attribute of these same items (say color for example) and express it as a percent of the count already in the pivot table. I have no problem getting the count but I can't seem to figure out how to get the percentage part. I see options to have the data as a % of the column or row, but not as a percent of the existing count in the table. For example the finishe...

Why can't I see the data labels I just added?
I have a stacked column chart I created last week with three data series. I added a fourth series today. I have data labels on the original three, and tried adding data labels to the fourth series. Excel acts like I added the labels by giving me a choice to format them, but I can't see them at all. I've tried changing the font color, but they don't show up at all. Three of the four data series are in consecutive columns B-D and the fourth series is in a non-consecutive column F. Does this have anything to do with it? I have Windows XP and Excel 2007 with SP1. What am I doin...

Display Date that does not change everyday.
I want to display the date when money is received, and I do not want the date to change everyday. Ex: =IF(K24="Yes",TODAY(),IF(K24="No",TODAY(),"")) However, this formula gives today's date and changes each day. I don't want it to change. See http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/timestamp.html Regards, Peo Sjoblom "heater" wrote: > I want to display the date when money is received, and I do not want the date > to change everyday. > > Ex: =IF(K24="Yes",TODAY(),IF(K24="No",TODAY(),"")) > However, ...

selecting and deselecting rows
Hi, I am relatively new to excel 2000 and excel in general. I know that i I need to select discontinuous rows in a worksheet i can use the ctr key and the mouse to select them. What I find very confusing is that i I happen to select the wrong row with this method, I can't figure ou how to deselect just that one row. Help would be greatly appreciated, josep -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com >>I can't figure out how to deselect just that one row. I don't believe there is a way. Anyone? -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "josephwu >" <<josephwu.19...