2003 Filter and Sort Ascending

I have a database with over 2000 entries. I generated the database in excel
2007, but my clients only have 2003. When they sort the zipcode field in
ascending order in 2003 (using the filter drop-down), the database only sorts
some of the data and not all of it. How do I solve the problem of the filter
sort ascending to capture all of the values in the database?

Rob

If full column is selected the sort should be OK.

Don't let Excel guess your sort range.  You may have a blank row.

In addition...................

Excel 2003 will show only the first 1000 unique items in the filter
drop-down list.

To find an item not shown you can use Custom.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 11 May 2010 09:51:01 -0700, Rob <Rob@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>I have a database with over 2000 entries. I generated the database in excel
>2007, but my clients only have 2003. When they sort the zipcode field in
>ascending order in 2003 (using the filter drop-down), the database only sorts
>some of the data and not all of it. How do I solve the problem of the filter
>sort ascending to capture all of the values in the database?

0
Gord

Ex 2003 SP1 is released
http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/downloads/2003/sp1.asp Anyone tried this yet... any negatives experiences to tell people before installing on their business critical servers? I have installed it a few times, I would recommend you read the release notes, especially if you use OMA -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Adam" <dontuse@email.com> wrote in message news:Xns94FB83A4789E7aacom@194.152.65.250... > http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/downloads/2003/sp1.asp > > Anyone tried this yet... any negatives experience...

Exchange 2003/ 12 Architecture and Functionality Questions
1. Can we configure intelligent message filter in Exchange 2003/ Ex12 to also act on outgoing mails? Our customer would also like to make sure no unsolicited mails originate from their organization. 2. Does the facility to configure the users’ voice messages (which automatically answer other people’s calls) fall under the PABX, or will it have to be done in Exchange 12? 3. Is it possible for two organizations to make use two Exchange 12 Edge servers, while having Exchange Mail Box servers so they can take advantage of the native encryption and signing of mails to and from the two...

outlook 2003 send sometimes skips recipients
I am supporting IT at my company. We have seen a problem with employees running outlook 2003 with exchange 2003. When employees send email to a distribution group with say numerous members bet 3 and 20 recipients all on our email server sometimes the email does not go through to all recipients. This happens when sending/forwarding email or new calendar invites. All our Outlook clients and exchange server are running the latest service packs. Has anyone seen this problem? ...

How do I edit the raw HTML of an email in Outlook 2003?
Hi How do I edit the raw HTML of an email in Outlook 2003? I tried right-clicking and then view source, and saving but it didnt change the email. thanks Ship Shiperton Henethe ship <shiphen@gmail.com> wrote: > How do I edit the raw HTML of an email in Outlook 2003? I've never seen any way to do that, but perhaps something here will help: http://www.slipstick.com/mail1/html.htm -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] I use Frontpage 2003 to edit the HTML source of Outlook messages; at the end I copy and paste the Frontpage preview into the Outlook editor. ship wrote: > Hi...

Sorting lists to remove double entries
Hi all, I am trying to transfer clients from one sheet whose name appears only once in a list onto a new sheet. For example: Sheet1: Seminar Type | Surname | First Name --------------------------------------------------- Sem1 Smith Adam Sem2 Smith Adam Sem2 Jones Mary What I want to do is put on a new sheet only those clients who have been to only one seminar type ie Mary Jones. Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks, Adam -- nicad_adam ---------------------------------------------------------...

Is 2003 and open relay by default?
I have recently sent up an exchange 2003 server in our company. It was a fresh install on a 2003 server which is also a fresh install. Is 2003 Exchange an open relay by default? If so, how can I close it? no. by default it is closed to relaying "eotrue" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0d5b01c3d949$36fe2090$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I have recently sent up an exchange 2003 server in our > company. It was a fresh install on a 2003 server which is > also a fresh install. > > Is 2003 Exchange an open relay by default? If so, how can &g...

Help with VBasic in Excel 2003
I'm using Excel 2003. I am working in a master worksheet named "SHPG RCVG RPT" which is on my desktop. After I enter all of the information and create my hyperlinks, I need to protect the worksheet and then save it to a different folder. The new name of the worksheet is determined by the purchase order # which is in cell D3. I need a macro which will: Protect the worksheet --> Name the worksheet using the purchase order # in D3 -->Save the worksheet in: F:\SHIPPING RECEIVING REPORT. I can't do this using the macro recorder because it won't let me click on the ...

Auto Accept not working Outlook 2003
Hi, I hope someone can help me with this problem. We are using Exchange with some resource mailboxes and sharing their calendars. For every meeting room we have created a resource mailbox. We would like the room to accept every metting request. But for some reason it is not working. It just doesnt accept anything. In Outlook i went to Tools | Options | Calendar Options | Resource Scheduling and checked the box Automatically accept...... Then i closed Outlook and logged of the user. I waited for 15 minutes, but it just doesnt work. I tried it with outlook 2003 and outlook 2007. We are runn...

2003 code raises error in 2007
I have a reference in VBA to a subform of a subform, which works fine in Access 2003. In Access 2007, however, it results in "you have entered an invalid reference to the property Form/Report." This is the snippet of code: Private Sub SetFormProperties() 'called from form_open, makes all forms editable if edit mode was selected Dim ctrl As Control, ctrlSub As Control Dim frm As Form If Me.OpenArgs = "Edit" Then Set frm = Me 'set main form edit options EditProperties frm 'set subform edit options For Each ctrl In frm If ct...

Outlook 2003-Failing remember name when typing into the To: field
I just got Outlook 2002 and I was informed that when you send a message and typing in the To: field that if you have emailed someone before it would remember the name. For example: If I send an email to Shawn Hedrick the next time I send one I would only have to type maybe the first few letter and then it would prefill the rest. Does anyone know about this or how to set this up? tools, options, email options, advanced options - is suggest names checked? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStar...

Can Import Email Data Filed from Office XP to Office 2003
My HD failed but I had a backup of my Office XP Pro personal file folder with a lot of emails I needed. The file is about 128MB in size. I put a new HD in and installed Office 2003 Pro. When I go to open the old file Outlook 2003 says that the file "is not a personal folders file". (It was backed up to a CD ROM prior to the crash so the source file should be good.) I really don't want to uninstall Office 2003 and put back Office XP. Any idea why 2003 won't open the file and how to work around that? Many thanks in advance to anyone who knows the solution. Alan. The only pro...

Pivot Chart Filter
I have two Pivot charts that compare similar data and have them displayed side-by-side. When I change the filters in one chart, I want to apply the same filter for the other chart. Is there a way to have one Pivot Chart Filter Pane control two or more Pivot Charts without having to click each chart and change to filter for each one? ...

Colors in Excel 2003
Hi Excel 2003: Is there a possibility, to use any RGB-color (f.e. for the background of a cell)? I have specified a color in Excel 2007 and then opened and saved the document in Excel 2003. After that, the color wasen't equal to the original specification ... it had changed to a 2003 stan- dard color. So I have the misgiving, that the free RGB-definition isn't possible in Excel 2003. Am I right? Can somebody help me? Many thanks for any help. Best Regards George Colors in 2003 are limited to 56. However you can tailor the 56 to meet your needs. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/...

Group Items on Report but do Not Sort the Group alphabetically
I have a table called "category" with a list of dropdown items in it. The table only has an autonumber key and the list of items in it. The items are listed in a specific order in the table and are not sorted alphbetically in the table nor in the query for the table. The items are listed in the table as a dropdown in this order and the query also shows the items in this order: Administration Human Resources Events Periodicals I want to group the data in my report based on the "category" listing as shown in both the table and the query. However, as soon as "group&...

Outook 2003 Email Sent Time Indicated 1 hour behind PC time
I am using Windows XP Pro with MS Office 2003. When I send email the sent time logged on the mail is 1 hour behind the actual time I sent the email?? Any ideas??? You computer time, time zone or daylight savings time settings are not correct. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list...

filter and sorting
I am trying to perform a ascending sort and keep getting an error ... this operation requires the merged cells to be identically sized. I have a table 3 top rows are the header with various merged cells, then I have a variable number of data rows (no merged cells), and finally there are several footer row with various merged cells. I am needing to sort the data rows, how can I do this? QB If you carefully select the data rows range between your upper and lower merged cells you can sort that range. Best to try to do without merged cells which cause these problems in the fi...

import- number- sort?

Report Filtering
I just added CRMAF to my query and now I get no results whatsoever no matter what filter I use. Has anyone seen this before and is there any way around it. I have a report with 3 subreports in it. All I wanted to do was be able to filter the main report but now I get nothing. Any suggestion will be appreciated. It looks there is something wrong with the filters. The common problems could be conflicting filters, for example one filtered defined using CRMAF and other filter was a static one defined in reports. You can do a SQL trace using SQL profiler. It will show up the final SQL st...

Sort.....
Hi all, I have data in A column as follows xddlstrpm.p xddostup.p xddpabs.i xddpchk1.i xddpcl.i xddpclmt.p xddpexmt.p xddpflpr.p xddpflprt.p xddpfrmt.p xddpgprp.p xddpilc2.i xddplsc1.i xddplsc2.i xddplsck.i here i wolud like all the extenctions ends with .i to be filled in column B any help.. I don't know if this wil do all you want, but in B1 enter =if(right(A1,1)="i",A1,"") and copy down to the bottton of your data. "kiran" wrote: > Hi all, > I have data in A column as follows > > xddlstrpm.p > xddostup.p > xddpabs.i > xddpchk1....

filtering colums
Can anyone tell me how I filter a column, so it shows the entries that are not present in a second column? say: column1: column2: 1 2 2 5 3 4 5 How can I get a third column showing: 1 3 4 Is this possible in Excel??? Thx.. Can you use a third column and filter on that? I'd put this in C2 (headers in Row 1): =isnumber(match(a2,b:b,0)) and copy down Then filter to show the False's in that column. benny wrote: > > Can anyone tell me how I filter a column, so it shows the entries that are > not present in a second column? say: ...

Outlook 2003 Not shutting down on XPSP2
I've had a weird problem as of late and I can NOT figure out what is causing it. Just a few weeks ago Outlook 2003 started showing shutting down problems. That is when I simply close the application the Outlook icon in the taskbar area (beside the clock) won't go away. I go into TaskManager and it still shows Outlook 2003 running with 30mb of ram being used. Well at the time I chalked it upto horrible system configuration since I hadn't reformatted in a year. So I reformatted, put all of my usual software back on and I'm still getting the EXACT SAME problem. Curren...

Microsoft Office Publisher 2003 Review
Scroll down this page for the review: http://www.activewin.com/awin/default.asp Here is a direct link for when the review has left the main page: http://www.activewin.com/reviews/software/apps/ms/pub2k3/index.shtml -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Office Publisher MVP Official Publisher MVP Site: http://www.kvalheim.org This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. To much popup spam and viruses at that website. -- After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from ���MS�Publisher��� <donotknock@nobodyhome.com>... &g...

Word 2003 Details View
In MS Word 2003, when I open a file using the menu, the dialog box shows the details view with fields such as "Album", "Artist", "Track", "Length", etc. I can change the fields to the more useful details such as date, size, etc. However they always seem to change back. What would cause MS Word - arguably a word processing program, to continually show Word documents with what appears to be music related detail fields? And how do I stop it from changing back when I fix it? -- Thank you, John Gregory ...

Problem After Migrating Windows 2003 to a New Hardware
Hi all , I recently migrated a windows 2003 server to a new hardware. I posted a question here: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windows.server.general&tid=64d45104-7516-444e-bc45-34051c9d0976&mid=8d43f772-67e0-4b43-b697-07cabb4a8514&cat=en_US_9741c575-ec92-42f8-85ba-00dfe1483cf5&lang=en&cr=US&sloc=&p=5 The migration went fine. This is an HP DL 380 G4. Until last week we found that the disk I/O is very bad on a RAID5. The server has the OS on a RAID1 on the on-board 6i card and the data on a RAI...

Outlook 2003 Not Responding #5
Whenever I leave my computer for any length of time I come back to find Outlook 2003 frozen and not responding. I have run Detect & Repair many times and have run the repair utillity from the installation disk, but the problem still persists. Any help would be greatly appreciated Liz have you tried to uninstall outlook and then reinstall? Is that an option that you can try out? "anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com" wrote: > Whenever I leave my computer for any length of time I come > back to find Outlook 2003 frozen and not responding. > > I have run D...