2 calls (month and year) to be combined as date in single cell

I want to use 2 combo boxes on a VBA form, one to specify a month, th
other to specify a year. I want Excel VBA to take these two pieces o
information (month and year) and put them as a date into *one singl
cell* in the format "December 2004

Hi,

Easy.  Say your target, or LinkedCell, for Month is
cell G1 (December); and the target for your Year combo
box is G2 (2004);You want the final result in A1.
A1 should read   =G1 & " " & G2

jeff

specify a month, the
>other to specify a year. I want Excel VBA to take these
two pieces of
>information (month and year) and put them as a date into
*one single
>cell* in the format "December 2004"
>

>---
>
>.

0
anonymous (74722)

Pivot Table
In my pivot table I tried to right click the "Date" column in order to group by month. A message popped up "Cannot Group that Selection". Is there another way to group by month? Should I create another column for month in my data source? These are my headers for data source on another worksheet in the same workbook. PC# DATE PAYEE DESCRIPTION CHECK AMOUNT PHASE CODE Thanks in advance for any help. I found the error. Some of the dates were blanks or the values in the amount column were blanks. After correcting the data, the pivot table worked fine. ...

Auto add a new record on specified date.
Hello All. Thank you for looking. I am building a database to track rent payments for a building. There are about 10 businesses/tenants that pay monthly rent. All rent payments are due on the first of the month for various amounts. I have a main table "TenantsMain" that lists the detail for each tenant. The first row is the primary key, which is "Company Name". There is another table "TenantsRent" that lists the rent history for each tenant, which has dates listing the various rents over time, that increase every few years. In the final table, "TenantsP...

Create custom outline numbering in Word (like names of months).
To create an agenda of activities by month, I have to turn off the bulleting to type in the names of the months and then turn it on again to list the activities. I would like to be able to create a custom list that Word could pull from when I select my numbering style (so it would appear with "1, 2, 3" and "I, II, III" and the rest). I would then be able to create custom lists for the months of the year, or department names within our division, or employee names within a department, to make agendas that much easier to create. ---------------- This post...

Changing Function to use a Date Input
Hi. can anyone please advise me on how to change the function keys.. sa F10, F11 & F12 to use to input a date into a cell. EG. F10 to be 01/01/04 F11 to be 02/01/04 F12 to be 03/01/04 What I require is to go to any cell and press the relevant function ke to Input the associated date Any help would be greatly appreciate Many thank Rob PS using Excel 200 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com First, I'm not sure if you entered Jan 1, 2004, Feb 1, 2004, and Mar 1, 2004 or Jan 1st-3rd, 2004. Here are a couple of macros. The first turns this on, the second turns it...

Program Year vs Calendar Year
I ran across a curious situation that someone who knew what they were doing would probably be able to solve without even thinking about it. I have to track some data about services delivered to our customers on a weekly basis. I started off with a parameter query and asked for the occurrence of each service between the date the week began and the date the week ended. This was fine until I discovered that some services were being entered and back-dated (perfectly legit but it causes my numbers for previous weeks to be off). So I got this brilliant idea to create a query that breaks down the ...

Is It Possible? #2
Is it possible to have a cell that's accumulative...in other words, if I have a cell that has a value of 4 and I want to add 2 to it by typing in the "2" and have it now have a value of 6? I'm trying to avoid having a list that adds and then link the total cell. I've never done this and don't recall ever seeing it done. press F2 and then key in +2 in the cell following the current contents documike wrote: > Is it possible to have a cell that's accumulative...in other words, if I > have a cell that has a value of 4 and I want to add 2 to it by t...

Determine cells that drive conditional formatting?
Example: Cells A1:A4 have conditional formatting set up that states if they are equal to cell A10 they will be highlighted yellow. Is there a way to quickly see what cells drive conditional formatting? In other words, we can use Edit -> Go To Special to see which cells have conditional formatting applied; however, this doesn't show us that A10 is involved. Since there isn't a formula directly involved, we can't trace precedents/dependents. Can we only know that A10 is involved in the formatting of A1:A4 by selecting those cells and going into the conditional format...

Count "," in a cell
Dear expert, Is it possible to count "," in a cell please? I used this ... but does not work =COUNTIF(FO93,",") Say below ... can it be solved? 2,5,3 22,25,5 5,2,3,4 Try this… =LEN(FO93)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(FO93,",","")) Remember to Click Yes, if this post helps! -------------------- (Ms-Exl-Learner) -------------------- "Elton Law" wrote: > Dear expert, > > Is it possible to count "," in a cell please? > > I used this ... but does not work > > =COUNTIF(FO93,",&qu...

Outlook Rules Problem #2
Hi there, I am using Win XP Pro with Office 2000 Pro, all updates applied. During the last few weeks I've had problems with e-mails being automatically put into my Deleted Items folder, from one specific address for which there is nothing in the Block Senders list and no Rule either. I have had to disable the "automatically empty deleted items folder upon exit" in order to prevent these e-mails from disappearing into oblivion. Every day they keep going in there. I often use OE6 to create HTML e-mails and I bcc these in order to capture them in Outlook to eventually go into m...

Trying to do mass update on label field in MS POS 2.0
I am trying to do a mass update on all of our items to make the labels be code 128. I am doing this so that we can print new shelf tags with the bar code on them. I am trying to make sense of the database and not having much luck. Can anyone tell me the table name and column name to do this? This is the field that appears on items in the option tab under label and bar code type. There is a drop down box that allows you to select the type of bar code. My goal is to do this in a SQL statement instead of opening up each of our 1500 items and choosing this manually. Thanks Patrick Patrick,...

1 Cell 2 Values?
Hello All, Is it possible in excel to have it return two values in one cell separated by a comma and spaces? For example I want it to count the number of times in a month the value was positive and the number of times a value was negative and in the cell I want it to show A1: +, - Is this possible? Thanks to all, Shhhh Shhhh wrote... >Is it possible in excel to have it return two values in one cell separated >by a comma and spaces? > >For example I want it to count the number of times in a month the value was >positive and the number of times a value was negative a...

text to fit in cell
How do I make the text fit in a cell. I want to be able to print the page with all of the words in the cell even if it has to make the cell larger, without going over into the next cell. How do I do this? Hi goto 'Format - Cells - alignment' and check 'Wrap text' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany DaveB wrote: > How do I make the text fit in a cell. I want to be able > to print the page with all of the words in the cell even > if it has to make the cell larger, without going over > into the next cell. How do I do this? Dave Format>Cells>Alignm...

Totaling cells from separate worksheets to master form
If I have 2 separate worksheets with individual cell values and want the total to show the sum of obth cells, how do I do it? Nelson Suppose those values are in F10 on one sheet and in G6 of the other sheet, then put this in the appropriate cell of your master sheet: =3DSheet1!F10 + Sheet2!G6 to add them both together. If your actual sheet names contain spaces you will need to include apostophes around the sheet name, like: =3D'First Sheet'!F10 + 'Second Sheet'!G6 Hope this helps. Pete On Apr 21, 10:31=A0pm, snake941 <snake...@discussions.micros...

Public folder Calendar info in GAL?? #2
I have several calendars in public folders that I would like to get listed in the GAL. My goal is to leave them in public folders, AND list them in the GAL so that users can invite them as resources when creating meetings. Is this possible? Thanks in advance!!!!! Have you mail-enabled the Public Folder? Once you do that, it should show up in the GAL. That aside, you can invite the PF's as resources all you want, but you will never be able to see Free/Busy information, and the PF's will not be able to accept meeting requests. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP "Bigfoot moe.ron&...

How do I change headings for columns from numbers to letters? #2

Logo On receipt #2
I am unable to print our store logo on to our receipts. It will show in manager but not print in manager. The image is monochromatic B&W. It is under the 20k regulation. It is correctly directed in administrator. It shows in the preview under database – registers - receipt - formats - 40 column - properties – properties. It is listed in the logo filename header and has “” around it. I go to print and no logo on receipt and no space for the logo. It will also not print in Store Operations, nor will it show on the receipt in journal viewer but it will show on the receipt in journal vi...

Sharing Outlook 2003 .pst on 2 computers (not simultaneously)
I hope someone can help me here. I have 2 different offices, both running outlook 03, and i would like to find a way to carry the .pst with me, on an ipod, or USB memory stick. can you do this?? i run into the situation where i need to access email on one computer when i'm at the other office. i get a stupid amount of emails during the day, so i have to touch each one twice. i'm trying to figure out a way that i can have just one disk, portable media or put the file on a vpn server, so when i launch outlook (only one will be running at a time), they use the same .pst file. This m...

Drop-Ship PO from a Service Call
I have a new customer who needs to create drop-ship purchase orders from a part line on a service call. I cannot determine how to do this as I can only get standard POs to create, yet I saw a KB article that states there is a Hotfix for GP 9.0 to resolve an issue of a drop-ship PO created from a service call not charging tax on all lines. Can I truly create a drop-ship PO from a parts line? If so, how? The Parts line can only transact inventory transactions. It can be used to purchase to a customer site. That is controlled on the part line by selecting 'Customer Address' a...

Event Log Error #2
We have recently upgraded a client to Exchange 2003. We used one of the MS guides to help with the process. All seemed to have gone well except we are now getting the following Event error... Source:MSExchangeMTA Event ID: 9318 An RPC communications error occurred. Unable to bind over RPC. Locality Table (LTAB) index: 202, Windows 2000/MTA error code: 1722. Comms error 1722, Bind error 0, Remote Server Name EXHANGE01 [MAIN BASE 1 500 %10] (14) For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp. We have removed the server named in the text using the method pre...

How to get rid of the gridline? #2
cool! thanks man -- slam ----------------------------------------------------------------------- slamm's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1501 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26636 ...

CRM Mobile 1.2 and territory codes
By default when choosing Terrirtory Code as a criteria in a CRM Mobile Accounts form the only choice is "default value". How can this list be populated with the correct value of Territories? ...

Format Excel cells
Anyone could help me to solve this problem : How to format the selected cells so that it allows other users to "paste values" only(number from 0 to 100) to the cells. It rejects "paste" function which put formula, format etc into the cells. Thanks a million ! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreade...

cells changing from number to date
I am putting a number in a cell, then tabbing to the next cell, the previous cell changed from a number to a date. How do I keep the number there? What are you inputting, a fraction?if so, format as # ??/?? -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "mwhite@srgmac.com" <mwhite@srgmac.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E71CED6D-8370-44D1-A4BF-9A6B352205F3@microsoft.com... > I am putting a number in a cell, then tabbing to the next cell, the previous > cell changed from a number to a date. How do I keep the number there? ...

Updater through Remote XML: Advice #2
I am implementing a very simple check routine that goes to my website and reads an XML file. The XML file basically contains all info for my apps and their current status. All I need to do is just read the version node and compare it to the current node and then advise the user to visit the website for the new version. Ive looked at ClickOnce and other methods but I would like to implement something simpler. Anyway, has anyone done this before? My XML will look something like this: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <Apps> <App id="0001"...

avery labels #2
I would like to create a label in Publisher and print on avery 5824 labels. How do I do this? ...