100% CPU by using filter in Excel

An employee tried to use filter in one special table and the PC did nee
100% CPU time and work more than 15 min.
I checked it with other PC. The table is working and PC use only abou
50% CPU and need about 3 min to finish the job.
I installed the last SP3 for office XP and it is not solved th
problem.
The employee has German OS and english office.
Has anyone an idea? Please help

--
languate
languatec's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2654

Row limit in Excel #2
Is there a row limitation in Excel ? Reason why I ask, I have a control that reads rows out of a Database. I have the option of creating this report by dates. With one date, it will yield 5965 rows and I can open up that report. Now with just the next day's date, it will yield 6060 rows and the Excel file will be created, but it encounters a Microsoft error. There is no difference in the data. I can in fact make the dates shift and include the date range that was failing but it wouldn't go to the current - i.e. 4/23/2004 to 3/29/05 will fail but 4/24/05 - 03/29/05 will wor...

outlook not using new GAL
I didn't hear back after a while for a previous post, so I'm going to try again. We built a new GAL that we want users to use which filters out some accounts that we don't people to see. We applied this GAL to the new OAB and set the server to use this new OAB. Then we rebuilt it. Anyone who creates a new Outlook profile gets this NEW GAL/OAB, but anyone who keeps using their current Outlook profile keeps being able to see the new hidden accounts. We tried manually deleting the downloaded OAB files, redownloading, etc. Nothing has worked. We are on exchange 2003 sp2 and u...

how do I add a 'web address' to a cell in excel with a hyperlink?
how do I add a 'web address' to a cell in excel with a hyperlink? I am a new student to computers, and part of a test is to insert a hyperlink to a cell in excel linking to a web address. I have searched computer for any 'Hyperlink' connection words, but I think it not on here, Is that possible, although I have top of range computer. Anyone with a solution? I be ever so greatful. in xl2002 ctrl+k>in the link to select existing web page>either type in (at the bottom) or point to the url on your browser>enter -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austi...

GENERATE a TEXT FILE Using INPUT from a Form ??
I need to generate a Text file using (partly) information entered by the user on a form. I already have the TEMPLATE for the text file......I need to generate a COPY of the file with the word entered by the user into the form INSERTED into the text file. The text file is actually code for a web page (will have an .htm extension). The file is simply an exact copy of an existing template with only ONE ITEM of the text changed to a word that is entered into a form by a user. Example: One line within the template file is: "We have several of these items available in BLUE." I have...

Outllok Client
Hi All!! I hope someone will have an answer for me before I go nuts or re-install the machine from scratch. A user needed her laptop re-done, so I saved her old Office configurations using the Office Save Setting wizards as I always do for migrating or rebuilding a machine, but this time, this user also as the CRM for Outlok Client. After re-installing all the laptop and the office, I ran the wizard before doing CRM, and now that I am trying to install it, i ALWAYS get an error regarding the CRM address book which is totally inexistant! Anyone encounteredd that trouble and can point ...

Using Building Blocks, Content Controls and XMLMappings to generate multi-page template-generated sections in a Word Document
Dear Readers, I would like some of your insight and feedback regarding a document I am creating. Here is the scenario. The document is a package that describes a toy collection. There is supposed to be a section in the document which consists of a sequence of pages that repeat an identical one-page template for each item in the collection. I have an XML document (Excel Table mapped export) which describes each item in the collection, and I would like to programmatically generate these pages of the document from the content in the XML file and the presentation in the template. S...

How do I rotate a worksheet in Excel?
I know that it is possible to rotate content within a cell, but what if I want to rotate the whole worksheet? And yes, I know that I could just set it to landscape mode, but I want to modify it once the rows become columns and the columns become rows. You are limited to 256 columns (and therefore 256 rows). create a new worksheet Select your range on the original worksheet edit|copy go to A1 of the new worksheet edit|paste special|check transpose. MarkRulesTheWorld wrote: > > I know that it is possible to rotate content within a cell, but what if I > want to rotate the whole w...

Is it possible to merge workbooks in excel?
I am currently working on a project with a coworker in which we need to enter quality scores for employees into excel workbooks, with one sheet per group of employees. Is it possible, if we enter data for separate groups, to later merge this data into one master workbook? Thanks! Are you asking if you can move/copy your sheet for Group AAA into another workbook that has a sheet for Group BBB? If so, all you need to do is: 1) open both the source and destination workbooks 2) activate the source workbook 3) select any and all tabs that you want in the destination workbook (Ctrl-click on ...

Search folder criteria
I am using Outlook 2007. How can I customise my search folder to filter messages that contain "KSC" in subject OR belong to "Sports" category? Is there a reason why "KSC" cannot not be assigned "Sports" catagory? Melissa wrote: > I am using Outlook 2007. > How can I customise my search folder to filter messages that contain "KSC" > in subject OR belong to "Sports" category? ...

EXCEL 2003 #8
Can I take the contents ("WD4") of a cell (A2)on Sheet1, look for a match of the code ("WD4") on Sheet2 in cells A1-A20, and return the coresponding text in B1-B20 on Sheet2 to cell B2 on Sheet1. On Sheet1: =INDEX(B1:B20,MATCH(A2,Sheet2!A1:A20,0)) -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:582672AF-9360-4525-9F8F-9C236D08A1A7@microsoft.com... > Can I take the contents ("WD4") of a cell (A2)on Sheet1, look for a match > of > the code ("WD4") on Sheet2 i...

Filtering a subform ...
First, I do not know how my original message got removed from the webhost, nor do I know what individuals are playing games here. My question was and still is very legitimate. I have a simple form that I have 2 unlinked subforms (subform01 and subform2 )on. Both subforms are datasheets. What I need is to have filter buttons, like command buttons, that will filter the first subform. Very similar to the frmPhoneList only the buttons need to be on the main form, I think. I have tried every variance that I know of and any assistance would greatly be appreciated. ...

Can you use the old Lotus "/ commands" in Excel 2003?
In Excel 2000 you could use a demo mode to activate the old Lotus menu commands. Can you do this in Excel 2003? Look at Tools>Option>Transition -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "DAW" <DAW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5590E6E-DFE1-4A9A-8651-387B7F49D112@microsoft.com... > In Excel 2000 you could use a demo mode to activate the old Lotus menu > commands. Can you do this in Excel 2003? > It's gone from xl2003. DAW wrote: > > In Excel 2000 you could use a demo mode to activate the old Lotus menu > commands. Can you do thi...

create automatic response to questions in excel....
Hi, Is there a way in excel where I have 10 questions and can click on one question and get the answer to pop up in my spreadsheet? thank you, Felicia On Dec 1, 6:39 am, felicia <feli...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, > Is there a way in excel where I have 10 questions and can click on one > question and get the answer to pop up in my spreadsheet? > > thank you, > > Felicia One way, with questions in A1:A10 and corresponding correct answers in A1:A10 on a hidden worksheet with tab name "Answers"... right click the tab of the sheet with the qu...

Excel 2003 VB referencing #N/A not working but works in Excel 2007
I have a very simple macro that works in Excel 2007 but hangs up constantly in Excel 2003. Does anyone have a work around? Problem: When referencing cells that have a #N/A value, Excel 2003 craps out even if I use the ISNA application function before it. The following 2 statements will cause Excel 2003 VB to stop regardless of order if the cell that is referenced comes up with #N/A. Series = Cells(RowNumStart + X - 1, SeriesCol).Value If WorksheetFunction.IsNA(Cells(RowNumStart + X - 1, ColNum)) Then Further background.... I am actually wanting to find #...

excel formula problem #3
i want to set up a system that counts a series of dates but only say how many cells are filled, i can get this to work generally but section needs to count 3 seperate dates but only add on any one of the (eg) cell A counts the number of dates in cells B-Z but with cells D,E, i dont want all to count, only one of the three even if all are filled but it must count if any of the three are filled hope this makes sens -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try: =COUNT(B1:C1,G1:Z1)+(COUNT(D1:F1)>0) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > i want to set up a system that c...

Uses for Screen OCR technology
I have technology that is similar to OCR technology except that it determines rather than estimates its results. The main advantage over conventional OCR technology is that it is much more accurate with very small fonts. Current testing indicates that it can achieve 100% accuracy with fonts as small as 6 point. It also works with both types of font smoothing. I have thought of a few different uses for this technology, I want to see if anyone here can come up with any more uses. -- Patented SeeScreen enables programs to see anything on the computer display screen www.SeeScreen.com ...

Transposing Excel Formula
I have the following formula to calculate the probability of an option trading below price B3 Prob = =NORMSDIST((LN(B3/B2))/((B4/100)*SQRT(B5/365))) B3 = Target Price B2 = Stock Price B4 = Implied Volatility B5 = Days to Expiration I want to transpose the formula to solve for B3, assuming a value for Prob. Here's what I got, but it doesn't give the expected answer - did I make a mistake in these unfamiliar functions?: B3= EXP(NORMSINV(Prob))*((B4/100)*SQRT(B5/365))*B2 On Feb 7, 10:14=A0am, Steveal <steve_alm...@yahoo.com> wrote: > I have the following formula to calculat...

Excel VBA
I have created a custom menu bar..a section of the code below...but d not know how to create a 2nd level to look like the example below. Period > Month > Current Year (action) Any suggestions. Thanks. ' Add a new menu Set NewMenu = NewMenuBar.Controls.Add _ (Type:=msoControlPopup) NewMenu.Caption = "&Period" ' Add a new menu item Set NewItem = NewMenu.Controls.Add(Type:=msoControlButton) With NewItem .Caption = "&By Month" .OnAction = "Main" End Wit -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You should find your answer here (...

SP2 screws Excel. Now only puts in decimal numbers
I installed SP2 for office 2003 yesterday and now anything I type into my excel workbook shows up with .45 instead of 45 which I typed in.. Any ideas? Tools -> Options -> Edit tab. Uncheck "Fixed Decimal Places" HTH knut "Tboz" <Tboz@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:42223421-8753-4E47-B4BE-ACED5FD1EF24@microsoft.com... >I installed SP2 for office 2003 yesterday and now anything I type into my > excel workbook shows up with .45 instead of 45 which I typed in.. Any > ideas? tools>options>calculation>precision as displ...

How do I change the format of how my active cell in Excel is view.
I sometimes have trouble locating which cell is active in my Excel worksheet. I would like to be able to change it to something other than just a heavy black border. Here is one way that highlights the row and column of the activecell. Private Sub WorkSheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) Cells.FormatConditions.Delete With Target.EntireRow .FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlExpression, Formula1:="TRUE" .FormatConditions(1).Interior.ColorIndex = 35 End With With Target.EntireColumn .FormatConditions.Delete .FormatConditions.Add T...

Excel Worksheet menu bars customizing for limiting users to optio.
Customizing Excel worksheet menu bar for limiting users to the options provided in that menu Hi Jim Look also at the links to MS pages on the bottom of this page http://www.rondebruin.com/menuid.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "jim" <jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F8009001-5F5A-4415-9527-34C71D8DF1DB@microsoft.com... > Customizing Excel worksheet menu bar for limiting users to the options > provided in that menu ...

Does Microsoft Excel work with XP
We had Excel installed in our computor and have recently installed XP, now we cannot open the Excell files that we had/have. Can anyone suggest away around this please. Would we have to reinstall Excel Hi normally this should work without a problem. What error message do you get exactly? "pjandseinthemed" wrote: > We had Excel installed in our computor and have recently installed XP, now we > cannot open the Excell files that we had/have. > Can anyone suggest away around this please. Would we have to reinstall Excel ...

Location of certain Excel files
Hi, I need to reinstall Excel2003 but I have added many micros and specialized toolbars. Does anyone know where this information is stored such that I may saved those files? Thus after I reinstall Excel, I will be able to replace the default files with these advanced versions. Thanks, Jeff IF? you are referring to personal.xls and your .xlb file, I suggest a WINDOWS find looking for personal.xls and another looking for *.xlb -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Jeff Hopkins" <atomic58"NOSPAM"@sc.rr.com> wrote in message news:4581d...

Excel : Cursor
Hi, Nearly finished the project I have been working on so will soon sto pestering! Is there any way of hiding/removing, the cursor box off a particula sheet? So the user would have to use the hyperlink icon. Thanks Andre -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com you can try protecting/locking the cells. would that work for you? you can do that by going to tools, protection, protect sheet. "ajw150 >" wrote: > Hi, > > Nearly finished the project I have been working on so will soon stop > pestering! > > Is there any way of hiding/removing, the ...

FRx catalog print in Excel format
We're on FRx SP10. My main user wants to know if we can print out the Catalog of Reports in Excel format. I've not seen where we can but to make sure, can we? -- Sandy GP Sys Admin / Proj Sys Analyst If you can print to an Adobe pdf you can get it into Excel. After it is a pdf document you can copy/paste it into Excel. It works well for the summary catalog report but not the detail. the detail report wants to print each catalog on a separate page. "GP Guy in AZ" wrote: > We're on FRx SP10. My main user wants to know if we can print out the Catalog > o...