1-52 pages, 8,000 employee numbers

Dear Excel,
I have the ultimate challenge: to do job books for 8,000 employees.
The form is completed, but the request is to make booklets of 52 pages
for each employee.

Each page of the booklet must also have each employee's number on it
(0001 to 8000).  Each page o fthe booklet must be numbered with the
week number from 01 to 52.  Therefore I need to auto generate 416,000
pages.  Ridiculous I know but nobody listens to us!

How can I export the above scenario to PDF from Excel?
Thanks

0
gatecrasherg13

On Apr 19, 2:17=A0pm, gatecrasherg13 gatecrasherg13
<gatecrasher...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Excel,
> I have the ultimate challenge: to do job books for 8,000 employees.
> The form is completed, but the request is to make booklets of 52 pages
> for each employee.
>
> Each page of the booklet must also have each employee's number on it
> (0001 to 8000). =A0Each page o fthe booklet must be numbered with the
> week number from 01 to 52. =A0Therefore I need to auto generate 416,000
> pages. =A0Ridiculous I know but nobody listens to us!
>
> How can I export the above scenario to PDF from Excel?
> Thanks

I found the following code from http://help.lockergnome.com/office/sequenti=
al--ftopict993043.html
However, 1) the code doesn't work for me and 2) that registry folder
does not exist on my computer (if I create it, what exact path would
it go in anyway?)
Isn't there any simpler solution to my question above?  Surely this
must be a common request?!  Thanks for all feedback.
Yours

      In the Thisworkbook section of the VB is the code

Public Sub Workbook_Open()
Worksheets("invoice").Range("d1") =3D False
End Sub

' Disable the general sheet printing function so its all controlled by
the print button macro

If Worksheets("invoice").Range("D1") =3D False Then
Cancel =3D True
End If
End Sub

      Then create a button on the worksheet with the code

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()

Dim CopiesCount As Long
Dim CopieNumber As Long
Dim nNumber As Long
' Set the location of the registry entry to hold the sequential number
outside Excel
'use Start--> run--> regedit to open the registry
'registry location is 'Software-->VB and VDA Program Settings-->Excel--
>"Invoice"-->Invoice_Key"
'"Invoice" is the sheet name used in this example it needs to be your
sheet name.
'"invoice Key" is just a registry entry name - it can be anything you
want for your application
Const sAPPLICATION As String =3D "Excel"
Const sSECTION As String =3D "Invoice"
Const sKEY As String =3D "Invoice_key"
Const nDEFAULT As Long =3D 1&
nNumber =3D GetSetting(sAPPLICATION, sSECTION, sKEY, nDEFAULT) 'retreive
the last sheet number printed from
' the registry

' Ask the user how many copies of the template to print
'You can modify this line to say default print 100 copies or whatever
you need

CopiesCount =3D Application.InputBox("How many Copies do you want to
print?", , 1, Type:=3D1)

For CopieNumber =3D nNumber To (nNumber + (CopiesCount - 1))

With ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Invoice")

With .Range("B2")
If IsEmpty(.Value) Then
nNumber =3D GetSetting(sAPPLICATION, sSECTION, sKEY, nDEFAULT)
..NumberFormat =3D "@"
..Value =3D Format(nNumber, "0000")
Else
..Value =3D Format(CopieNumber, "0000")
End If
End With

Worksheets("invoice").Range("D1") =3D True
'Print the sheet
..PrintOut
End With

Next
nNumber =3D CopieNumber
SaveSetting sAPPLICATION, sSECTION, sKEY, nNumber&
Worksheets("invoice").Range("D1") =3D False
End Sub

0
gatecrasherg13
4/19/2010 5:31:54 AM
On Apr 19, 2:17=A0pm, gatecrasherg13 gatecrasherg13
<gatecrasher...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Excel,
> I have the ultimate challenge: to do job books for 8,000 employees.
> The form is completed, but the request is to make booklets of 52 pages
> for each employee.
>
> Each page of the booklet must also have each employee's number on it
> (0001 to 8000). =A0Each page o fthe booklet must be numbered with the
> week number from 01 to 52. =A0Therefore I need to auto generate 416,000
> pages. =A0Ridiculous I know but nobody listens to us!
>
> How can I export the above scenario to PDF from Excel?
> Thanks

Can I configure my form using a lookup table for the week (01 - 52)
and employee number (0001 - 8000)?  Can I export from Excel so that it
prints every combination of those two lookups?
Thank you very much
0
gatecrasherg13
4/19/2010 6:13:51 AM
I'll make an offer:  I'll help you cut down a large portion of a good sized
forest to print these things if you'll get in touch with me via emal at
(remove spaces):
Help From @JLatham Site. com
Make a reference to your posting here, or at least mention 'gatecrasher13'
and remind me of what it is you need to do.  We can start figuring out how to
get it done.
Tell me:
What version of Excel you are using;
What version of Windows you are using;
and what do you have installed on your system as a PDF printer.
If at all possible, a copy of the file to be printed would be MOST!!
helpful, or at least something with the same number of sheets and layout on
them even if the data is somehow dummied up.

"gatecrasherg13 gatecrasherg13" wrote:

> On Apr 19, 2:17 pm, gatecrasherg13 gatecrasherg13
> <gatecrasher...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Dear Excel,
> > I have the ultimate challenge: to do job books for 8,000 employees.
> > The form is completed, but the request is to make booklets of 52 pages
> > for each employee.
> >
> > Each page of the booklet must also have each employee's number on it
> > (0001 to 8000).  Each page o fthe booklet must be numbered with the
> > week number from 01 to 52.  Therefore I need to auto generate 416,000
> > pages.  Ridiculous I know but nobody listens to us!
> >
> > How can I export the above scenario to PDF from Excel?
> > Thanks
>
> Can I configure my form using a lookup table for the week (01 - 52)
> and employee number (0001 - 8000)?  Can I export from Excel so that it
> prints every combination of those two lookups?
> Thank you very much
> .

How do I calculate the 3 sigma of a number?
The number I'm working with is 1.67E6, and I need the 1st and 3rd sigma points. A single number doesn't have a sigma value. Sigma is the standard deviation of a group of numbers; look up the STDEV function in Excel help. -- David Biddulph "OGWONE" <OGWONE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B4D41FFD-92FF-4654-B467-46420D6B0A3B@microsoft.com... > The number I'm working with is 1.67E6, and I need the 1st and 3rd sigma > points. ...

Putting a Page Skip in a txt File?
I'm sending text lines to a txt file and would like to skip to another page at times. What sequence of characters do I need to do that? I tried a simple chr(12), but that did nothing on either of two printers I tried. W. eWatson wrote: > I'm sending text lines to a txt file and would like to skip to another > page at times. What sequence of characters do I need to do that? I tried > a simple chr(12), but that did nothing on either of two printers I tried. There are no pagination boundaries in a *text* file. If you look at an ASCII character chart, none of the...

Print Correct Page Number
I have a Visio 2003 file with foreground footers on 3 pages. If I print all pages, I get the correct footers, page 1 of 3, page 2 of 3, etc. However, if I print just page 3, it comes out as page 1 of 1. How do I get it to print the correct page number and total pages? Thanks in advance! ...

=?Utf-8?Q?Devoluciones_autom=C3=A1ticas_valide_?= =?Utf-8?Q?que_no_se_devuelva_mas_de_lo_fac?= =?Utf-8?Q?tu?=
En procesamiento de Ordenes de Ventas al procesar una Devolución automática, esta no deberia permitir que por artículo se devuelva mas de lo que se facturo originalmente y si lo permite, deberia existir en la configuracion una opcion para que el cliente decida entre una de las dos opciones, a continuacion detallo un ejemplo de lo que hace actualmente: 1) Existe una factura con varias líneas de articulos, a la cual se le asocia una devolución automática que puede ser parcial o total y la factura puede estar historica o abierta. a) Si en una factura se vende...

display a category total on man page?
When working in an account at the bottom of the page it shows "Cash flow forecast" Is there any way to change that to another type of chart or total. I would like to be able to display the total spending in a certain category for the year instead. Like how much I've spent on food so far in the year etc. Is there a way to do this and have it visible all the time..Thanks What you see is what you can get. "MHF" <caad5@rogers.com> wrote in message news:VrQ6b.416595$4UE.131613@news01.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com... > When working in an account at the bottom o...

how to print a row on the bottom of every page
Is there an easy way to print a row or rows at the bottom of every page on a worksheet? For example i have a worksheet with about 100 rows of info i have to total at the bottom. Well 100 rows won't fit on just one page, but i would like the total to be at the bottom of page 1 and 2. so what I would like to do is have the totals on the last row and then have it print on all the pages. any ideas? It is not provided for in Excel. I kind of think a total would be confusing if were the same on each page, or do you mean a page subtotal. In any case it is not provided for in Excel and ...

My printout show page default instructions as well!
Hi - I am VERY new to publisher and when I print out my new creation the page instructions are being printed as well. So my page comes out with my flyer printed on top of the default instructions which I don't want printed as well. Hope this makes sense. Can anyone help me please. I am sure it is something simple, but I have no idea. Thankyou Huh? If you would, send the file to me and let me see if I can figure it out. Send it to jl dot paules at gmail dot com. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "HelpMePlease" <HelpMePlease@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

page breaks
Out of the blue a spreadsheet has page breaks at every cell turning a 10 page sheet into 150 or so. What happened & how can I fix it? Thanks Bill Bill, If they're automatic page breaks (dotted lines in either Normal or Page Break Preview), check your margins: Turn on the Margins button in Print Preview. If they're manual page breaks (solid lines), someone or something put them there. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Bill" <wjeannette@meeci.com> wrote in message news:e%233KGLtoDHA.2444...

Upsizing and Limit of number of fields
Hi, Does anyone know if you upsize your Acess 2002 db does the limitation of 255 fields per table go away (the new limit would be that of SQL- 8000chars)? I know...I shouldn't have a table with 255 fields, but let's assume I do. thanks, Cheri wrote: > Hi, > Does anyone know if you upsize your Acess 2002 db does the limitation > of 255 fields per table go away (the new limit would be that of SQL- > 8000chars)? I know...I shouldn't have a table with 255 fields, but > let's assume I do. thanks, It goes away as far as building the table on SQL Server is concern...

Test For 1,024 Characters
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0044_01C67037.C037C370 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello, Group! I know that Excel will only display 1,024 characters in a cell. Is = there an easy way to test all worksheets in a workbook to see if any = cells exceed this limit? Thank you very much in advance! --=20 ------=_NextPart_000_0044_01C67037.C037C370 Content-Type: text/html; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W...

how to get a name just by typing a number?
I am doing my schedule using number for each of my employees. The problem is that I know who corresponds to each number, but that not the case of my employees or patients... so I have to retype a special schedule for them... is it possible to affect a name to a number so that when I type 1 in a case I will get Mark for example? thanks for your help You'd need to create a table that lists all numbers and corresponding names, and then use a VLOOKUP formula to pull in the name. See these sites for examples: http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html http://www.techonthenet.com/exce...

=?Utf-8?Q?=C3=A5bne_allerede_=C3=A5bnet_fil?=
Når man åbner en excel-fil fra et netværksrev der allerede er åbnet, får man valget om at åbne den skrivebekyttet eller give besked når filen er ledig. Kan man sætte excel op til ikke at give noget valg, men f.eks -1 kun at give mulighed for at få en besked når filen er ledig -2 blot at konstatere af filen er i brug med bekeden "prøv senere" ...

How to I save this page in xls and keep the formatting?
http://www.mol.gov.ae/documents-en/WageRegister(N).htm Thanks! Any help wil be greatly appreciated. I've tried export from excel but it doesn't keep the formatting. Does anyone have any suggestions? Under the "File" menu, select "Edit with Microsoft Office Excel" (3rd option, I think). Once Excel is open, you can "Save As" a .xls file wherever you wish on your computer/network. Hope this helps, Jim "J Sedoff" wrote: > Under the "File" menu, select "Edit with Microsoft Office Excel" (3rd option, > I think). O...

Cell display is 38727.4101273148 Formula Bar is 1/10/2006 9:50
Excel 2003 I populate a cell with Now() (via the VBA line next) With Sheets("Error Cells").Cells(Rows.count, 1).End(xlUp) _ (2, 1).Value = Now() In the cell itself the display is: 38727.4101273148 even though the custom format assigned is: m/d/yyyy h:mm Interestingly, the presentation in the Formula Bar is: 1/10/2006 9:50:35 AM which is exactly want I want in the cell presentation; what am I doing wrong? I have attempted to change the cell format to no avail. Thanks Dennis On Tue, 10 Jan 2006 07:28:02 -0800, Dennis <Dennis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: ...

A check for this employee has already been posted...
When entering an employee into Manual Check transaction for payroll, this message appears: A check for this employee has already been posted. Please close this window and print posting journal. The user has closed the window, exited GP, restarted her computer, printed the posting journals through the report options, but can't seem to get this message to disappear to be able to enter the employee ID to enter a manual transaction. Any thoughts on if there is any records out there that may be marked that needs to be changed or something in GP that needs to be changed? Thanks! ...

Employee Advances and Customer Vendor Consolidation [CVC]
Hi, I am implementing CVC at a client to handle their employee advances. -Employee gets cheque cut [through bank and then manual payment] -employee returns with expense report and cash not spent -expense report entered in A/P -cash received back in A/R -3 transactions consolidated[manual payment/a/P voucher/cash receipt] It is very cludgy and does not track the advance through a separate G/L account unless we use the advance account as the A/P and A/R control account in the transaction. Also, we need a transfer account which raises questions from auditor's. I regret using the Custom...

reports page won't load
I am running SBS 2008 and all of a sudden stopped receiving our server reports. When I open the consule and click on the reports tab, it says "There is an error while loading data for this page". I tried to repair the console and still the same problem. HELP In 2003 one solution to this was to run the server cleanup wizard directly from WSUS console. In SBS 2008, there have been random cases where the reports were delayed and appeared later than normal, the next day, or never, but then started back up again. How long has this condition been going on? What steps h...

Overtime past 8, 12 and 40 for the week
I'm creating a new spreadsheet that will take the total time each day worked from a separate workbook. The easy part is calculating if it's past 8 hours and past 12 hours. The problem I'm running into is that the workweek is Sun-Sat, pay period is from the 1-15, 16-31 If I work more than 8 hours it is x1.5, 12 hours is x2. Anything more than 40 is x1.5 Now kick it to the next level, ANYTHING on the 7th consecutive day worked (Sun-Sat) is x1.5 and OVER 8 is x2 Is this going to be WAY too much work? Is there a easier way? I think this might help. Assuming that the daily hours for ...

Formatting cells with numbers
I am wondering if there is anyway in excel to format cells with numbers in order in a column. For example: 12345 in the top row 12346 in the second row 12347 in the third and so on... I know this is expecting a whole lot, but I need soemthing like that. Thanks, Vanessa One way - In cell A1, enter 12345 In cell A2, enter =A1+1 then copy cell A2 down as many cells as you wnt numbers in. If after doing this, you want to convert the cells from formulas t actual numbers, highlight the cells, select COPY and then select PAST SPECIAL and choose value -- Message posted from http://www.Excel...

Reset Number each year
Dear friends, your valuable help is needed again, I have a table - T_Issues with the following fields: RadioSN (text) - Primary key DateIssued (date) - Primary key EmployeeCode (text) - Primary key SN - Number Integer On a form, based on this table I need to increment the SN by one (this is easy, using the dmax +1). My difficulty is to reset the SN each year, e.g. I have recorded 200 records in year 2007 and therefore the greatest SN is 200. Now, at the beginning of 2008 (and following years) I need to reset the SN back to 1 and then to be increased by 1. Thanking you in advance, Ge...

Error on Page 11-15-04
Hello, When I launch CRM and go to Service, Cases, New Case and click on Customer in the Customer Information section, I get error on page in the lower left hand corner of the window and nothing happens. All other fields with drop downs or lookup are working. Aummy Can you include what the text of the message says? What loss of functionality are you experiencing? Have you made any customizations or added any ISV solutions? Perhaps if you give me some more detail, I can help you solve your problem. "Aummy" wrote: > > Hello, > > When I launch CRM and go to...

Page Count
I thought Excel used to display the number of pages with data on the bottom status bar. I that option gone or is it only in Word? -- pk Excel has never, in my memory, given that information on the status bar. Perhaps you once had some code that gave you a page count. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 15:01:02 -0800, "pkferret" <pkferret@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I thought Excel used to display the number of pages with data on the bottom >status bar. I that option gone or is it only in Word? ...

Function is not availalbe in expressions in query expression error message (0/1)
I recently received this error message when opening the source DB in Access 2007. I have attached two jpg pics. Does this error message give enough details for someone to point me in the right direction for a fix? The last time I developed and worked in this DB everything worked fine. I get this error when clicking on a control that runs a query macro against a backend DB consisting of about 15 tables. I should mention the error comes into play when trying to run the frontend on a client W/S. I don't see the error while on my W/S which is my developer W/S and has Acce...

Excel sheets 1 2 3 so on
I am making forms and want to know how to import information from sheet 1 to sheet 2 or 3 or so on. Like sheet one in A1 FIRST NAME: B1 MIDDLE NAME: C1 LAST NAME: NOW ON SHEET 2 TO GET IT TO SHOW SAY IN D4 FIRST NAME: E4 MIDDLE NAME: F4 LAST NAME: WHAT FORMULA WOULD I USE TO GET THE INFORMATION FROM SHEET 1 TO SHEET 2 OR SO ON. Same as with a number or what ever. Does that make since? DO Henders...

=?Utf-8?B?0JIg0L/RgNC40LLRi9GH0L3QvtC8INC/0L7Rh9GC0L7QstC+0Lwg0Y/RidC40Lo=?= =?Utf-8?B?0LUg0LjRgdGH0LXQt9C70Lgg0LLRgdC1INCS0KXQntCU0K/QqdCY0JU=?=
Всегда пользовался обычным ящиком на Яндексе. Теперь решил активировать Outlook 2007. Активировал, посмотрел что это такое - понял, что мне это не нужно, что пользоваться не буду. Но оказалось, что активация этого продукта была гораздо большей ошибкой. На работе вошёл на привычный ящик в Яндексе и обнаружил, что вся папка ВХОДЯЩИЕ, остро необходимая мне СОВЕРШЕННО ПУСТА! Дома включил Outlook и обнаружил, что все мои ВХОДЯЩИЕ в нём в сохранности. Но что толку? Они мне до зарезу днём, на работе были нужны. И как вернуть их на место? Что бы они всегда осавались на почтовом сервере. Есть...