.XLB file corrupted often

The excel.xlb file is getting currupted every week or
so.  Once replaced w. a good version things work fine for
a while.  Any suggestions on premenent fixes or what is
possibly corrupting it.  Thanks for any suggestions
0
amurray (1)

Hi Andrew,

One possibility is some rogue VBA code which is customising menus/toolbars
and not undoing its work properly. If this is the case then yoour XLB file
can get larger and larger until it falls over.

If you are running any VBA code or using addins check that they have a
workbook_close routine that removes any changes to menus/toolbars they have
made.

hth
Charles
______________________
Decision Models
The Excel Calculation Site
www.DecisionModels.com

"Andrew Murray" <amurray@plmnet.com> wrote in message
> The excel.xlb file is getting currupted every week or
> so.  Once replaced w. a good version things work fine for
> a while.  Any suggestions on premenent fixes or what is
> possibly corrupting it.  Thanks for any suggestions

0
Charles740 (233)

Corrupt Money file
Hi - I'm hoping that someone can help me figure out what is going on with our Money file. Money froze up this morning and my husband hard booted to exit the program. He also reinstalled Money 2004 to our desktop computer. However, we are unable to open our Money file - it says it is corrupt or not a Money file. I've tried restoring from our back up files (both from floppy and from CD that we have consistently kept backed up), but the restored file also gets the same error message. We recently networked out two computers and now access our Money file from both computer...

Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file...
My buddy sent me a little file, 1.25mb, and I cannot open it. He can but I cannot. I get "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the approiate permissions to access the item". XP Pro. Retail version. Have disk. This is my home computer. No administrator rights needed. No password needed. I'm the only one in the house. Computer in my name. No other users. What's up. Joe T. wrote: > My buddy sent me a little file, 1.25mb, and I cannot open it. He > can but I cannot. I get "Windows cannot access the specified > de...

Can I import a windows explorer list of files into an Excel sprea.
I was wondering if it is possible to import the list of files within a particular folder that one sees when using Windows Explorer, into an Excel spreadsheet? I am using WinXP and Office2003. modify to suit Sub GetFileList() Dim iCtr As Integer With Application.FileSearch .NewSearch .LookIn = "c:\aa" .SearchSubFolders = True .Filename = ".xls" If .Execute > 0 Then For iCtr = 1 To .FoundFiles.Count Cells(iCtr, 1).Value = .FoundFiles(iCtr) Next iCtr End If End With End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281....

File Size #9
I have an excel workbook with 3 sheets. One of the sheets has a pictur in it approx 250kb. At first the file size was around 350kb, but all of a sudden it is no 4.2meg. Does anyone know why this has happened. I need to send thi sheet through Hotmail, in which it would be too big! Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I'd look to see where each worksheet ended (via ctrl-End). If that was further down/to the right than you expected, I'd try some of the techniques at Debra Dalgleish's site: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused Then save it. If t...

hyperlinks - file location
I'm creating hyperlinks with a list of documents in an excel spreadsheet. Is there a way to tell Excel where to look when I try to add the hyperlink. The link it only to a file on a network directory ... not to a website. It's a real time-waster to have to change it 200+ times. I did change where it looks for documents, but that was ineffective. It still goes to the same "wrong" location. It only goes to the drive/directory that the excel file is located ... arghhhhh! Any ideas. Thanks in advance. Diana When I do this, I put the server/folder names in a cell (A1) and ...

Not able to open .pst file in Outlook 2007
Hi, I am trying to open Outlook 2003 .pst file in Office 2007. However, it is giving me this error: Cannot Start Microsoft Office Outlook. The command line argument is not valid. Verify the switch you are using. Pls help. ________________________________________ " If you think you can, and if you think you can't, then you are right"- Henry ford How are you trying to open the PST file? Run Outlook 2007 then use File | Open ..... -- Bill R MVP "Shilps" <shilpi_sri@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:FBE11110-4F8A-4926-9020-F222ADAEDD63@microsoft.com... &...

temp file
Every time a colleague save an excel file it saves a .tmp file at same time can anybody tell me where to switch this action off Thanks Tina Some have reported back that it's not excel--it's their antivirus program not cleaning up after itself. Maybe you could disable the AV (just temporarily) and see if the problem goes away. tina wrote: > > Every time a colleague save an excel file it saves a .tmp file at same time > can anybody tell me where to switch this action off > Thanks > Tina -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

Correction
Hello - My computer and my wife's computer are networked. I have WinXP and Excel 2000 9.0.3821 SR-1 on my computer. She has Win98 and Excel 2000 9.0.2720. When I print a spreadsheet created in Win98 with an earlier version of Excel (I'm not sure which version), I get "squiggilly" vertical lines and numbers. When I print the same file on the same printer using my wife's computer it looks fine. What is the problem? Is there a way I can convert the file so it will print correctly? Thanks Drew Have you tried copying the contents to a new workbook, and saving i...

How can I read CSV file using VBA?
I have to read CSV file using VBA. I don't want to use macros or queries like transfer spreadsheet etc. because I want to apply certain rules in a module after reading the file. Thank you -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/201001/1 I am using the following code but one of my field which has both characters and numbers is not importing at all.. How do I handle this? Sub import_csv() DoCmd.TransferText acImportDelim, "", "Test_CSV", "c:\csv_files\12-31-2009 Test.csv", ...

Corrupt hidden object in Inbox prevents Activesync to WM5 with 86000108 error?
I have an Exchange 2003sp2 and a Windows Mobile 5 device (Treo 750w) and I am having trouble synching my Inbox, getting the famous error: "Activesync encountered a problem on this server. Support Code:86000108" Calendar, contacts and tasks are synched without a problem, and when I change the settings to exclude the inbox, I do not recieve an error. After going through quite a few troubleshooting attempts, I think I may have a problem with an object in my Inbox that Activesync is choking on. But, even after emptying the Inbox of all content that I can see, I'm still ...

[OL2003] adding exchange account to profile by PRF file
Hi, a PRF file (as shown below) generates an exchange account within a separately generated profile. I would like to change the PRF file such that the exchange account is added to the already existing profile called "Outlook" such that there is no need to switch profiles all the time. What adjustments are needed? I think section 4 is the most important part. Thanks for your help. Best wishes, J. NB: XXXXXX denotes the account on the exchange server. In the code below it is the name of the profile generated by PRF, as well. ________________ ;Automatically generated PRF file from...

importing text file into excel file using macro
Hi, How to import text file into excel file using Macro? Can this proces run on form menu button? Please help and give me some ideas of doin it. I have attached a text file for your reference. Thanks, An Attachment filename: rdata.txt Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=66130 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com >Hi, >How to import text file into excel file using Macro? Can this process >run on form menu button? Please help and give me some ideas of doing >it. I have attached a text file for your r...

font printing problem of imported visio file inside power point file
I am having a problem with VISIO 2002 with PowerPoint 2000. I made a drawing with some fonts with VISIO 2002. Then I copied the drawing and pasted into PowerPoint file. In screen, I can clearly see the font. When I print the file, drawings are there but there are no font from printed paper. Would you please help me out regarding this problem? ...

pst file move
I use office xp with windows xp. I would like to move my outlook.pst file to another hard disk because the old one is full. How can I do it? The following article should provide the details you need for this request: 287070 OL2002: How to Back Up, Restore, or Move Outlook Data http://support.microsoft.com/?id=287070 -- Hope that helps!! Thank you! Sincerely, Chris Lineback, MCSE Microsoft Enterprise Messaging Support - Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only. -This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers...

Mass change of same cell in multiple files??????
I have about 180 files that are price pages from a company we sell products from. The same cell in every file, Sheet 1 P1 is a factor that is used in formulas through out the files. I guess I am wondering if there are 1 of 2 solutions. 1) Can I mass change that P1 cell in all 180 files to be a different number instead of 1.0? or 2) Can I mass change any reference to that cell in any sheet to point to one cell that we can change anytime and only do 1 update for all 180 files? Thanks in advance Hi Jim You can do this with a macro http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy4.htm You can use a form...

How to Import files from Outlook Express 6 to Outlook2003
I am trying to import my .pst files(in Outlook Express 6 into Outlook 2003. Is this possible.... whats the best way to do it? Thanks SJ >-----Original Message----- >I am trying to import my .pst files(in Outlook Express 6 >into Outlook 2003. Is this possible.... whats the best >way to do it? > >Thanks > >SJ >. > If You are using Outlook 2003 GO TO TOOLS --> Accounts -- > View Change Accounts Click on New Outlook Data File and add your PST there. In article <081f01c3c4ce$2eba1540$a001280a@phx.gbl>, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says....

Inserted picture from file must be printed over/behind footer
We want to print a picture (including company's logo) on every page of=20 a document. We insert an EPS file in one of the tile cells, and it = appears=20 on every page, EXCEPT the part of the image at the bottom of the page=20 where the footer appears. The image is cut off where the footer=20 starts. Is there one way or another to let the image be continued (over or=20 behind) the footer ? Regards, Jan ...

How do I open a new excel file independant of one already open?
I know this is going to sound like a naive newbie question and yes a did do a google search but didn't come up with anything useful. Perhaps I was using the wrong search terms. On my PC at work I have several excel files. Let's say for example I have an excel file that I have opened and am working on. There may be times when I may need to refer to another excel file. However, when I open up the new excel file the one currently opened will close before the new file will open. As my header suggests, is there are way to open up a new file without having the older one close? S...

In Excel 2007, the open file window does not display the folders p
When I'm in excel 2007 and I want to open a new file, the folders pane is gone. I used to have it and I even added folders that I used most frequently but now it's gone. I know the IT deparment did an upgrade but others still have it and I'm the only one that got affected. Please help, now I have to navigate to get the the files that I need. ...

how can I insert text file's text into my email in outlook 2007
I used to use outlook express. There is a lovely function to insert text file's text into my currently writing email. How can I do that in my outlook 2007 ? Time before, I first create a text file, say 'payment method.txt', then type in all my standard payment method information to my customer. When I was replying an email with my standard text, I simply use the "insert - text file" function, instead of openning the 'payment method.txt', copy and paste to my email. Can I do that similar in outlook 2007 ? Thank you very much Henry Fung wrote: > I used t...

Money 2001 Corrupt .dll
Money 2001 was delivered w/my computer. When I try to open the application I get this error: "The DLL file 'C:\...mpcont.dll cannot be loaded. It may have been removed or become corrupted....' Since I don't have a Money disk to run Setup (I think) I'd have to use the System Restore CD and what a pain that is! Any ideas out there? If I download the trial version of 2004 would that convert (and repair) my 2001 file? I have a lot of stuff in that file that isn't backed up (my bad!) Thanks, Janet Try opening another Money file. If you haven't removed it, the...

Publisher 2000 file growing with embedded pictures...
I have a 125MB Publisher 2000 file that is giving the Printer fits trying to print it for a non-profit organization. I found a MS Knowledge Base article (253973) that identifies the problem but no resolution. Through the newsgroup I saw that upgrading to 2003 corrects the problem. The question is if I upgrade to 2003 and open the file, will it compress it at all? Do I need to do the entire booklet from scratch? Can I copy the images from the existing file into 2003? Can I save it as a Publisher 2000 format when completed so that the Printer can print it? Any other suggestions, wo...

Large Log File?
Sorry this is very SQL orientated... I have a 14GB Log file and dont think this is correct? I run a full backup of the database every night. Shouldnt the log file only hold none completed transactions and once the transaction hits a point it writes it back to the database? please help as i think this could be affecting performance? Forget it, I solved it, set the recovery model to simple and shrank the log file... in the words of gordon ramsey "DONE" "Ian Watson" <rango20@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OStBgy$DJHA.4492@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Sor...

Retrieving archived items by opening PST file into Outlook
I find it difficult to get the hang of all this exporting and archiving business. However, I do archive my work e-mails periodically, after first deleting all attachments. Tonight I decided to see how easy it would be to retrieve some old e-mail items. In Outlook, I selected File/Open and navigated to the file Archive.pst. This created a Folder in Outlook called "Archived Folder" with the subfolders Inbox and Sent Items. Everything looks OK. But I have a few questions about this archive folder I now see. This additional folder (and subfolders) are now visible in Outlook with a large...

Outlook 2003 Shortcuts corrupt
Every few days my shortcuts pane gets corrupted; the shortcuts either disappear or the groups and shortcuts are randomly rearranged. Now the situation has gotten even worse. The pane shows three groups and I cannot delete any of them. I get the error message: "The last group cannot be removed because one group for shortcuts is required." Also none of the groups have any shortcuts, but I can't add shortcuts. I get a message about some array error. Is there any way to repair my shortcuts, or to wipe them out and start all over? TIA, Mike What happens if you do this: Close Ou...