#VALUE in cell but pop up function box show right number

I am using the XIRR funciton in Excel 2003.  The cell shows #VALUE but when I
click on the function to open the Functions Arguement box, the number is
properly calculated in the 'Formula Results'.

Any experience this problem?  Have a solution?

[I have been using Excel for financial valuation for years and I know what
the number should be so it is not a simple question of the wrong inputs -
like I said, when the Function window is up, the right answer is displayed -
I just can't read it in the cell which displays #VALUE.]
0
Dalton (3)

Hi
post yiour exact formula and the values in the referenced cells

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Ted Dalton wrote:
> I am using the XIRR funciton in Excel 2003.  The cell shows #VALUE
> but when I click on the function to open the Functions Arguement box,
> the number is properly calculated in the 'Formula Results'.
>
> Any experience this problem?  Have a solution?
>
> [I have been using Excel for financial valuation for years and I know
> what the number should be so it is not a simple question of the wrong
> inputs - like I said, when the Function window is up, the right
> answer is displayed - I just can't read it in the cell which displays
> #VALUE.]

0
frank.kabel (11126)

one field value to a page
I have a field CHSTOR that has 5 different stores I want to put one store to a page Cheers!! On Tue, 1 Jun 2010 20:21:01 -0700, Norm <Norm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a field CHSTOR that has 5 different stores I want to put one store to >a page > >Cheers!! Use the Report's Sorting and Grouping; group by CHSTOR; and put a Page Break control in the footer for that group. -- John W. Vinson [MVP] Thanks John...I was afraid it was that easy "John W. Vinson" wrote: > On Tue, 1 Jun 2010 20:21:01 -0700, Norm ...

forecast function help
This might seem a bit newbie but im having trouble with the forecas function. Say for example i have a collection of data for sales of each item ove a number of years: item 2000 2001 2002 2003 1 3 4 5 2 4 3 2 3 2 2 4 4 3 1 5 5 4 1 6 6 2 2 4 i am asked to forcast the values for the year 2003. I have read an looked at many examples on how to do this and still can't work ou where to start? Any help would ...

How can I insert a cell reference in a footer (eg for variable foo #2
Any ideas on how to do this? I'm trying to create a template with the doc reference number in the footer However, I'm trying to avoid users having to edit the footer (because this just wont get done). Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) With ActiveSheet .PageSetup.LeftFooter = .Range("A1").Text End With End Sub This code should go in the ThisWorkbook code module. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "wngg001" <wngg001@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A0F9D9E-269F-45CF-A6E3...

caption, text box, and frame
I inserted a picture (a bitmap), cropped and sized it to fill the page from side to side, and positioned it 1.5" from the top "margin" so that it would be at the top of the text area. I then clicked on Insert Caption and got the usual panel offering "Figure 1" as its label. Instead of simply inserting a paragraph in Caption format as usual, it inserted a text box with the caption label in it. When I typed the content of the caption, the following body text reduced to a single line. Dragging the picture's anchor to a different paragraph made whole paragrap...

Combo Box problem 05-07-07
I have a combo control on a form that has when I select a value the form reverts to the first record it doesn't stay with the current record. I have a NotinList procedure that opens another form to enable the user to add to the list of values in the combo control and when I close this second form the new value is recorded but again the form goes to the first record and doesn't stay with the current one. Anyone any ideas where I can start looking for the reason why this happens? Thanks Tony Tony Williams wrote: > I have a combo control on a form that has when I select a val...

VBA
I have created code that inserts lines into a financial statement but need to have certain cells in other code stay constant. B1 in certain code must stay at B1 regardless of changes to the spreadsheet. Any suggestions?? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Use the INDIRECT function. E.g., =INDIRECT("B1") The B1 will remain so regardless of inserting and deleting rows. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "bforster1 >" <<bforster1.1cmxzp@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in m...

Need to set up a slide with 4 text boxes on same page.
Want to end up with 4 "bulleted" boxes that I can to show 4 strategies and associated task on same page. Also, if possible have each one drop in individually to allow flow conrol for the presentation Are you asking a question about how to do that or having trouble with part of that? If the former, just create four separate text boxes with bulleted text, you are not limited to only one text box per slide. Use the Custom Animation, Effects Options, Text Animation settings to control the entrance of the bullet points. Since you didn't say what version of PowerPoi...

Number of active sheets
I have Office 2003 installed to Windows 2003 terminal servers but I have a problem with on of our users and excel. The issue is that when the user is trying to have multiple spreadsheets opened he keeps getting the message "This operations has been cancelled due to system restrictions- Contact your system Administrator" I can find no setting in excel to enforce a limit on the number of speadsheets a user can have open. Thanks in advance fo any advise Michael Not an expert in these matters, but; Is it possible that the user is trying to initiate another session of Excel vs....

Calender function
I want to be able to insert a drop down function in a cell in Excel that when I click on the drop down arrow, I get a monthly calender to pick dates from instead of typing them in. This feature exists in MS Project. Maybe you like this http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "John Welcher" <john.welcher@owenscorning.com> wrote in message news:057201c3a252$339c5fd0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I want to be able to insert a drop down function in a cell > in Excel that when I click on the drop down ar...

Publisher
Have set up a small report 10 pages in total but when printing page 9 I get additional blank pages printing and then my page 10 how do I stop this from happening? Open the Design Checker, see if it tells you anything. Is the page visible in print preview? What version Publisher? Is the publication setup as a booklet? Publisher works in groups of 4 when printing a booklet. With a ten page booklet setup, Publisher will print a blank page. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "charliegirl" <charliegirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F995943A-B6A5-4B6B-...

Show userform at spreadsheet open
How do you make a userform open when you open a spreadsheet? Can anyone help? Thankyou, Roger [excel2003] hi sheet or file? sheet..... Private Sub Worksheet_Activate() Load userform1 userform1.Show 0 End Sub lookup modal and modaless forms in vb help. file.... Private Sub Workbook_Open() Load userform1 userform1.Show 0 End Sub also see this site.... http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm regards FSt1 "Roger on Excel" wrote: > How do you make a userform open when you open a spreadsheet? > > Can anyone help? > &g...

Inserting specific number of records
I have a Data Entry form in which the user have to insert a specific numbrer of record, depending on the type of product he choose. Ej: The product "A" have to have 3 data, so it will need to insert 3 record on the table only, no more. I have created a simple code in VB that I supose to have to restrcit the number of record records, depending on a Textbox value **************************************** CODE **************************************** Private Sub LECTURA_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer) On Error GoTo Err_Lectura Dim Respuesta If Form.CurrentRecord <= Forms...

How to convert to absolute value?
Hello! How do I convert numbers to absolute value? Thanks Edit - Copy. Edit - PasteSpecial - Values - OK. Or do you want a code solution ? HTH. Best wishes Harald "Betsy Marlow" <cmarlow22@bellsouth.net> skrev i melding news:5WmHg.12873$j8.11911@bignews7.bellsouth.net... > Hello! > > How do I convert numbers to absolute value? > > Thanks > > Print abs(-12) 12 On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 15:16:31 -0400, "Betsy Marlow" <cmarlow22@bellsouth.net> wrote: >Hello! > >How do I convert numbers to absolute value? > >Thanks >...

Don't plot zero values
I am currently using Excel XP. I have a scatter chart and would only like to plot non zero values. These are not null values. Is there a chart setting I can do to skip plotting zero values or do I need to somehow filter/sort the data first and then plot? TIA George Hey George - If there are true zeros in the data, perhaps the easiest way to exclude them from the chart is to use an autofilter on the data that hides the rows with zeros. Alternatively, you could insert a column to hide the zeros. Say the range with zeros is in B1:B10. Select C1:C10, and enter this formula into C1: =IF...

diable command button based on field value
I have a command button which I would like to disable based on the following rules: If A = 1 then button is disabled If B = 2 then button is enabled Where you put the code depends on how the form works. If this needs to be checked for each record, use the form current event: If A = 1 Then Me.Button.Enabled = False ElseIf B = 2 Then Me.Button.Enabled = True End If But, what if A is not 1 and B is not 2? -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "barrynichols@gmail.com" wrote: > I have a command button which I would like to disable based on the >...

Operations with the same number
Hi, I am working with MS Money here in Brazil. Some banks here have the same operation numbers for different transactions in their statements. For exemple, every Friday I have to pay a bank tax and all these transactions are in the statement with the same number. So when I download them to MS Money, it discards all the transaction but the first because it finds there is already a transaction with that number. Is it possible to configure MS Money not to discard these transactions? What else I could do? Thanks, Rafael. In microsoft.public.money, Rafael wrote: >Hi, I am working with MS...

Transactions don't show latest download
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_021A_01C4EDED.8453C110 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I've downloaded my transactions from my bank, it registers in = MSMoney2004 as downloaded, but the transactions don't show in the = account. How do I force the program to recognize and list the = downloaded transactions? Chad Bresson Xenia, OH ------=_NextPart_000_021A_01C4EDED.8453C110 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DO...

Convert 2002 D/B to 2000 shows no details
When I attempt to use the [Tools];[Database Utility]; to [Convert Database]; to Access 2000 format from Access XP, the resulting database doesn't display anything in the Detail View. All tables and queries appear to be present in LIST View and ICON Views but when DETAIL View is selected the entire display is blank. Is there a "Select Details" option in Access as there is in Windows Explorer? "Tom" <tvandeveer@ldmi.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:000701c3dea6$9c1b5440$a301280a@phx.gbl... > When I attempt to use the [Tools];[Database Utility]; to > ...

displaying negative values
how do I hide the display of negative numbers? =if(A1<0,"",A1) HTH Regards from Brazil Marcelo "cfuller" escreveu: > how do I hide the display of negative numbers? Hi, That will work if cell A1 has a formula in it. If negative numbers are just typed in, you can use conditional formatting. Highlight the range of cells you want to format. Go to Format > Conditional Formatting... Enter cell value is less than 0. Click the Format... button and select Color: and then click the white icon. HTH -- Ken Hudson "Marcelo" wrote: > =if(A1<0,"&qu...

Visio File Summary Dialog Box is showing wrong file name and size
Hi all, I am using Visio 2003 ActiveX Control in my application using VB.NET 2005. I am calling "visCmdFileSummaryInfoDlg" Command to open File Summary Dialog Box. Dialog Box is open successfully but it always showing Template file size instead of open file size in General Tab. The information it shows is: Type: Microsoft Visio Drawing Location: Size :(928 bytes) Based on: Template - ValueStreamMap.vst Can any one let me know about any property or way so that it shows correct file size? Thanks Asif Can we assume that the new drawing has been saved to disk before you call th...

Using a Text / Data output as a cell reference
I am trying to use the end of a column as a divisor and need to convert what i guess is text into an actual cell reference if possible. In column A, say there are 13 data points ending at cell A13. I then try to turn that into a cell reference with the formula ="A"&TEXT(COUNTA(A1:A13,),"0") I put this formula in B1 the output of this is then A13 what i need this to do, is be able to divide any cell by A13. The reason I am going through all this trouble is that there are many columns and each has a different # of data points. I hope this is somewhat clear. Thanks ...

No way to have "event" action for query... right?
Often I create a query and corrosponding Form (in data sheet view) I then create a Double Click Event for one of the fields That opens a traditional form showing all the records fields. For instance a list of Accounts and Names. Double click the Account to open a form to see the entire Account record... or whatever. Is there any way to do this without creating the form? We need the query as we use it to select appropriate data. thanks for any help. Mel You can actually base the form off of an SQL statement, and not need to have a saved query. In the form's data tab, just paste ...

Cell QA for Bob Phillips
Good afternoon Bob: In reference to your QA: (Which sheet was the active sheet when you right-clicked on the tab? It should have been Data Sheet). Yes, I did as you said, but I am not sure I placed the text string in the right place. I pasted it in View Code on the blank area to the right of "Project / Properties" section but for some reason it is not moving the text from "Data Sheet" to the "Activity Sheet". Is it possible to communicate with you directly so I can get this worked out? Thanks John ---------------------------------------------------...

parameter values not valid #3
keep getting a window each time I try and save a new task (Outlook 2000) it says: "Could not complete the operation. One or more parameter values are not valid" I just set up Outllook, and can't figure out why it would do this. ...

autocorrect numbers?
How do I stop excel from rounding up my numbers? I already turned everything off in the autocorrect options thing???? What is the format of the cells in question? Is it "number" with a specified number of decimal places? If so, change it to "general". On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 10:15:03 -0700, "WEFIS" <WEFIS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I stop excel from rounding up my numbers? I already turned everything >off in the autocorrect options thing???? ...