#value! Error

From a drop down list of 15 names in A2, B1 returns a value of 1-1
depending on which name selected.
The idea is to show in column D the names of upto 24 players, the nam
chosen in A2 has played.
I use the following formula. ( a nested IF only allows 7 options??)
=IF($B$1=1,I2,0)+IF($B$1=2,L2,0)+IF($B$1=3,O2,0)+IF($B$1=4,R2,0)+IF($B$1=5,U2,0)+IF($B$1=6,X2,0)+IF($B$1=7,AA2,0)+IF($B$1=8,AD2,0
& so on to +IF($B$1=15,AW2,0)
This formula is repeated 24 times D4 through D27 to return text fro
cell reference I2, L2, O2 & so on.
It returns always returns #value! if I change text to numbers it work
fine?????
Please advise
Cheers
tallpau

             Attachment filename: bowls results.xls
Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=51615

The + operator will return #VALUE! if either of its operands are text.
You could use the concatenation operator, instead (&).

However, in this case you should use a calculated value:

D2:     =OFFSET(G2,0,$B$1*2)

In article <tallpaul.14xh65@excelforum-nospam.com>,
 tallpaul <<tallpaul.14xh65@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote:

> From a drop down list of 15 names in A2, B1 returns a value of 1-15
> depending on which name selected.
> The idea is to show in column D the names of upto 24 players, the name
> chosen in A2 has played.
> I use the following formula. ( a nested IF only allows 7 options??)
> =IF($B$1=1,I2,0)+IF($B$1=2,L2,0)+IF($B$1=3,O2,0)+IF($B$1=4,R2,0)+IF($B$1=5,U2,
> 0)+IF($B$1=6,X2,0)+IF($B$1=7,AA2,0)+IF($B$1=8,AD2,0)
> & so on to +IF($B$1=15,AW2,0)
> This formula is repeated 24 times D4 through D27 to return text from
> cell reference I2, L2, O2 & so on.
> It returns always returns #value! if I change text to numbers it works
> fine?????
> Please advise
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)

visual basic

crm 3.0 error 03-01-06

IsOutLookClient() returns wrong value

Error in Outlook Today

Re: 'Uknown Error 0x800CCC97'

stop error defeating me

Error in database....

error 553

80070005 error #2

Value is BLANK

y value vs x
In an xy scatter plot one can choose the type of line connecting the data points (smooth, straight, etc.). Once this is done, Is there a simple way of determining the y value of graph for a specific x value without doing successive approximations with 0 shifts. I'd rather not purchase a graphing program just for this simple task. You could find an equation that fits the data (see trendline) best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "ralph" <ralph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:284B39DE-20C6-40CB-AB60-39B...

Combo Box initial values question
Does anyone know how to make a combo box show a value when a sheet opens? Mine are always blank when I open them until I select a value. thanks tp Hi Teepee, Try something like: Me.ComboBox1.ListIndex = 0 --- Regards, Norman "teepee" <teepee@noemail.com> wrote in message news:4645ed29$1@newsgate.x-privat.org... > Does anyone know how to make a combo box show a value when a sheet opens? > Mine are always blank when I open them until I select a value. > > thanks > > tp > > thanks for trying. says 'invalid use of me keyword.&...

CRM Error

smtp authentification errors
Hello, I just installed Exchange 2003. It all works fine. I=B4m now=20 retrieving the emails via pop-con and pop3. However I=20 cannot send any authenticicated emails, because the=20 exchange server sends a wrong authentification account to=20 the mail provider, despite the fact, that the right one to=20 be used is enterd. The mail provider tells me that he recives a smtp call,=20 but it=B4s aborted by his server. We do not have a static IP but a dynamic IP, that changes=20 every 24 hours. If a messages is sent to an existing hotmail account the=20 following error message is displayed in the ...

interchangine catergory and values axis
How do I flip the catergory and value axis around so that the X axis becomes the catergory axis and the Y axis is the value axis? thanks 100gree Hi see: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/axes.html#SwitchXY -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "100green" <100green@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:95A7DE25-4535-4A48-8E6F-5D07F6DDE90F@microsoft.com... > How do I flip the catergory and value axis around so that the X axis > becomes > the catergory axis and the Y axis is the value axis? > thanks > 100gree Or http://peltiertec...

#error in the calculated field
Hello, I locked the data entered for some users, because their role is just to input the date of invoice for approval by Prj.Manager. My qeustion is, is it the reason we see the "# error" in the VAT checking field??. I tried to ck formula in the qrid query, nothing wrong Thanks for your explanation -- H. Frank Situmorang On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 23:33:01 -0800, Frank Situmorang <hfsitumo2001@yahoo.com> wrote: >Hello, > >I locked the data entered for some users, because their role is just to >input the date of invoice for approval by Prj.Manager. > >My q...

Error when changing average perpetual
I Have the following error in Microsoft Dynamics GP on the screen of average perpetual "Message #10577 Missing" somebody knows about this??? Thankļæ½s. Gabriela Martinez. ...

Outlook MAPI (WMS idle error message while shutting down)
I am loading the mapi32/mapisp32 dll in my program. When I shut down while my program is still running, I am getting "WMS Idle" message. 1. While shutting down, why i am not getting 'fnevCriticalError' notification in my IMAPIAdviseSink class?? and 2. What exactly is causing the WMS Idle message ? Any help will be appreciated... ...

Filter excluding selection filters out null values
I have noticed that when I use the Filter Excluding Selection button on a form it also filters out all records which have a null value for that field even though the current record and field I have selected doesn't have a null value. How do I stop this from happening? Thanks. -Scott On Wed, 23 May 2007 10:52:02 -0700, hishi <hishi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have noticed that when I use the Filter Excluding Selection button on a >form it also filters out all records which have a null value for that field >even though the current record and field I have sele...