"Urgent" use script to share the workbook

Hi all,

I have this case
I put the excel file .xls in the server, and use some vba script to protect
the workbook and add some validation too, now when the user open this .xls,
it copy the workbook to the user local harddisk c:\program file\.....somewhere
so when the user save the xls, it only save to its harddisk, not the server
one

Any professional can tell me what should I do ?
It is a urgent case for me >_<

Thanks very much
0
Man (49)

Hey man,

Consider this.  If users did save back to the server (if it let them), it'd
overwrite changes made by other users who saved earlier.  Have you
considered using Tools, Share workbook?
--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com

"man" <man@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I have this case
> I put the excel file .xls in the server, and use some vba script to
> protect
> the workbook and add some validation too, now when the user open this
> .xls,
> it copy the workbook to the user local harddisk c:\program
> file\.....somewhere
> so when the user save the xls, it only save to its harddisk, not the
> server
> one
>
> Any professional can tell me what should I do ?
> It is a urgent case for me >_<
>
> Thanks very much

0
someone798 (944)

URGENT HELP NEEDED: resource problems
Hi, we are working on a project using MFC with visual studio 6.0 sp5 Now we have a strange phenomenon: When running our application for a while, suddenly it looks like the resources get all mixed up: - In a combo box, the dropdown arow suddenly shows the number six - The font type is different - The font size and button size increase. It is as if the whole dialog scales bigger. - Buttons with bitmaps inside suddenly don't show the bitmaps anymore. We have no idea what is going on. Can anyone help me out? Thanks in advance, Serge Desmedt Hello, Sounds to me like you have memor...

URGENT HELP NEEDED PLEASE
hi I am no longer able to see /search for disqualified leads. We used to be able to see any disqualified leads but now i cant. Is there some settings in lead views that i need to check or confirm. Can someone pleaseeeeeeeeee advice me on this. Kind Regards Ridhima Are you talking about quick find or advanced find? Quick find does not locate closed leads(Qualified or disqualified) you can only see them by using Advanced find to run the searches. This same functionality exists for all inactive objects in all entities. You can build a saved query to run however the quick find will still...

Somewhat Urgent
Good morning list...some background: My new EX07 server is called app7.myddomain.com. It is a single server (no edge role) and user mailboxes are therefore on app7. I publish mail.mydomain.com as the external SSL certificate and access point. The SSL certificate for IIS is registered to mail.mydomain.com Access to https://mail.mydomain.com/owa works great. User mailboxes are configured to look at Exchange as app7.mydomain.com inside Outlook (it is also what is 'autodiscovered'. Two questions: 1. Users inside the firewall, when opening up Outlook 2007, get an SSL warning that th...

OWA/IIS has started playing up
Hi everyone, this is the 3rd time this has happened. The box is running Exch2k with OWA. The IIS server is using a SSL cert from a 3rd party supplier and it was working for the last 8 months. Last week, users (OWA) started receiving "The page cannot be displayed" errors. Checking the IIS virtual folders, 2 had the red "STOP" on them: Exchange (M:) \Public folder and \MBX. When I manualy browsed to the folders they seemed to be fine again but the OWA only works after a server restart. I have tried restarting the IIS services from within IIS and that does not fix it either....

Urgent! Domain controller lost
I used to have two 2003 domain controller servers (SERVER1 and SERVER2). One of them (SERVER1) broke down and it's not available anymore. I need: - To safely remove SERVER1 from DC list in AD (in SERVER2). - To install a new server as DC (SERVER3). I googled a lot searching info on removing a failed DC but it doesn't seem like an easy task. What security measures must I take on SERVER2 before removing? Thanks a lot! Hello Gaspar, See my article about metadata cleanup, this includes also the information about the running DC: http://msmvps.com/blogs/mweber/arc...

Restricting Chart Colours
We have implemented a corporate chart template by inserting the corporate charts into the user-defined charting section. I am finishing here tomorrow (Friday Australia time), and they have decided that although the charts have the required colours they would also like to restrict the charts to those colours. Can someone in the know just tell me it can't be done so I can tell them that please. (although if it can be done let me know that as well so I can at least tell them what to do). Thanks Derek Derek - I suppose you could change everyone's color palette. The bottom tw...

urgent : hyperlinking excel #2
Dear All, I have been asked to create a report with a list of projects. When I click each name of the project, a new sheet should open with details.. Now my problem is this : 1. I have to email this report. So where can I save these details worksheets, so that others can access it? 2. Can I set the size of the worksheet window which opens? 3. How can I enter a 'back' link to go back to the main page? Plz help Best Regards, Rosetta ...

Invisible Pictures
Never had a prob before, but since yesterday, when I try to put a picture into MS Publisher (2003) it's invisible. It's there, because the placeholders adapt to the new shape and size - but no picture is actually visible. I've tried it with images I've used previously just to make sure it wasn't anything to do with the actual image I was trying to put in, but no joy. Can't find anything in Help or Troubleshooting to address this problem. Much appreciate any ideas as I need to do this for our shop publicity. The third FAQ here Q: Why can I not see images/shapes...

Error in max character limit(urgent help)
Hi I am submitting my data from my application to excel sheet but i have an error. Basically my data is about 1000 characters. so when I iam submitting, its no working caz data is too large to enter. But when I used data upto 255 character its working. My datafield type in excel is General.So plz help me I need it urgently Thnx in Adv In ExcelXp it is 32767 characters, but only 1924 display. Look in Help, Specifications, for the limits in your version of Excel. -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Asim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

Unable to read file
Could anybody please help me urgently? I have just been updating a very important spreadsheet in MS Excel 2000, and when I have gone to reopen it the background of the spreadsheet unopens (without columns or rows) and then a message comes up saying "unable to read file." Anybody got any ideas how to sort this out? I am using Windows 98 SE. I have opened the file in Notepad and the info appears in there, but it is all jumbled up (script form maybe?) and I cant make head nor tail of it! Please please help! PS: Yes I know i should have made a back up of it, but I aint! Thanks Tr...

Server Error in '/' Application. ==> Login failed URGENT ISSUE
Hi all, i am getting the follwong error when i try to run my CRM 4.0 on web client. I have done all installation correct and still struck with this problem. Your help in solving this issue will be very helpful as this is an urgent issue with us. I am attaching the error i got below ==================================== Server Error in '/' Application. ________________________________________ Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON'. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace...

URGENT: After system crash: VS6 menus missing
Please help! After a normal system crash :) and reboot, when I launched VS6 SP6, the entire menu bar (File, Edit, View...) is missing! I can't get it back, although I restored all the toolbars. Please!! How to get them back? Thanks, Rick ...

URGENT: Need your help to ship MSCRM v3.0!!
Hey everyone, We are literally down to the wire now on MSCRM v3.0 and I'm make this personal plea for your help. There are currently 6 active bugs we're working on that are stopping us from shipping. One of them is really complex and we are sorely lacking the data necessary to make the right call on it. I need your help, especially if you have customer running non-english versions of MSCRM v1.2 My ask: If you have a customer running MSCRM v1.2, could you please please get them to run the upgrade advisor tool at: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=e4a7ef8...

Urgent: CRM Crashing
When User trying to update the Ownership for the Accounts Records, CRM Service become unavailble and i have to restart CRM Security service again. When i assign it to other user which is a Valid system user, It 1st take some time and then it crashed. Below is the EVENT LOG. -------------------------------------------------------- Event Type: Error Event Source: Application Error Event Category: (100) Event ID: 1000 Date: 6/6/2005 Time: 5:17:22 PM User: N/A Computer: CRMTest Description: Faulting application CrmSecurityService.exe, version 1.2.3297.0, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5...

Urgent: How to block access to all users for administrative purposes?
Hi My mailbox file is at his 16GB limit. I'm now defragmentating the file to be able to mount it again, but I need to restrict the user connections to be able to make some cleaning in the mailboxes. How can I do that without loosing Exchange functionality? Thanks in advance -- Faustino Dina -------------------------------------------------------- If my email address starts with two 'f' drop the first 'f' when mailing me. I dont get it, jsut pull the ethernet cable out. If its at its limit then users cant connect to the databse anyway so what are you talking about? ...

IMF help please, kind of urgent
Hi, I installed Exchange SP2 yesterday with IMF and am using IMF. I am unclear about how the junk email folder bit works. I enabled the send to junk mail folder at the default level... however nothing has been moved to my junk email folder. The archive option is also enabled, and it is archiving email correctly, however nothing is being moved to my junk email folder. I assume that I do not need to have the junk email filtering on in outlook do i? Outlook is currently not set to do any junk email filtering. I was hoping that exchange would move the mail to the junk folder rather t...

Redeploy in the same domain- Urgent
Hi, We had implemented CRM in native domain. Since some users are complaining regarding the slow performance, we plan to redeploy the same data into new server under the same domain using the same OU. Furthermore, we also want to use the same site in order to access CRM. Are they possible? In this case we will have 2 server with the same name and under the same domain? Or are there a better way in order to redeploy the old data into new server? Thx, Carrie You do not need to redeploy. The redeploy is used only when you are changing domains. Just run setup on the new server and poi...

Outlook Problem URGENT
I can't get it to open. It locks up the machine. I have done repair and restore, loaded SR1, even uninstalled and reinstalled. Any ideas? There are a few options that I can suggest: 1) Close Outlook. Search your computer for the HIDDEN file outcmd.dat Rename it outcmd.old and try to open Outlook. 2) Try using the "Detect and Repair" tool on the HELP menu. 3) Try opening Outlook using the ".../Safe" switch. This will perhaps allow you to open Outlook in Safe mode which disables all automation that may be hanging you up. However, you still wan...

Urgent Help Needed with coloumn compare
Hi All, I need some advice and guidence comparing 2 columns of data and finding the difference between the two. The cell info is: A B C 1 27/07/2005 10:00 27/07/2005 10:30 The answer in minutes difference Column 'C' is where I need the answer. I have tried right formulars to only catch the last 5 characters and then in the next colum try a simple minus formular but I get an error in that cell '#VALUE!' Please Help I'm in desperate need of the answer. Thank you. Brent -- Brento ------------------------...

Simple Formula Question
hi, I have the following simple formula: =A61*E61 I need to know how I can highlight a block of cells - Let's say row 62-86 and have that formula update itself to reflect each row number (A column & E column remain throughout only the numbers of the row change) Hope that made sense. I know it's a simple proceedure I just can' remember how to do it. Your help would be greatly appreciated as I' really up against a deadline. Thanks!! : -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com just copy the formula for all rows. Excel will change the formula accordingly Frank ...

URGENT
Hey buddies, I am looking for a web site containing .NET growth surveys / statistics North America (mainly) and all over the world. Can anybody help me ??!!! Thx. http://www.aspfaq.com/etiquette.asp?id=5003 "TO" <mcbueno2k@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:fFCMb.6516$881.864396@news20.bellglobal.com... > Hey buddies, > > I am looking for a web site containing .NET growth surveys / statistics > North America (mainly) and all over the world. Can anybody help me ??!!! > > Thx. > > > ...

Urgent help...
Hi all, I have a data as below, each gourp have time with 1st row is Calls Offered 2nd row is Calls Answered 3nd row is Calls Terminated 4rd row is calls Abandoned i want my out put A B C D E F G H I J _____________________________________________________________________________________ Group Time Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Total _____________________________________________________________________________________ APP_OPR 01:00 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 1st Row _____________________________________________________________________________________ 0 1 1 1 1 0 1 5 2nd Row _______________________...

Typed DataSet & SQL XML/Urgently help needed.
Hi Guys i having the same problem with Strongly typed dataset, I have created a stronsetly typed dataset by draging table from Server explorer and now i have retreived xml from SQL server 2000 and tried to populate dataset but it populates 0 rows even though ml contains rows. If i use regular Dataset instead of Typed dataset, then everything works just fine..please help me as soon as possible, here is my code snippet. I think you have solution to this prolem and could you please code snippet to solve this problem. using Microsoft.Data.SqlXml; private void button3_Click(object sender, Syst...

Urgent! Error when move public folder
Hi, I am migrating SBS 2003 to 2008. I got an error message "The token supply to the function is invalid. ID no: 80090308. Exchange system manager" when I move public folder. It seems related to the certificate, but don't know how to fix. My trusted certificate was original purchased for website “webmail.mycompany.com”. When I do the Internet Address migration, I accidently select "Remote" in the wizard as the domain prefix. It is in the wizard by default after click Advanced button. so my server became remote.mycompany.com. Even I imported the vali...

HTML CODING URGENT
Hi, I am running a retail store and having problem in showing receipt on net display because it only show price not extended price for non-weighable items it's ok but for weighable items it give great shock to my customers because if they buy half Kg and on net display it shows the price of one Kg they way I enter price in item is any one out there who can help me in this case I will be very thank full to him. Regards, Hussain ...