"This program cannot be closed. If it is being debugged, please r

"This program cannot be closed.  If it is being debugged, please resume it
or close the debugger first."  I have a user that is getting this message
when we try to close their Excel.  What can I do or what is causing this?

0
Judy1 (93)

Programmatically Close Report
Hi. I have a report that, when opened with OpenArgs, prints the number of copies specified in OpenArgs. Shown here: Private Sub Report_Activate() If Len(Report.OpenArgs) > 0 Then DoCmd.PrintOut acPrintAll, , , acHigh, Report.OpenArgs End If End Sub I'm trying to programmatically close the report if OpenArgs exist. But no mater which method I try (Load, Current, Deactivate, etc), I'm getting the error "Run-time error '2585'. This action can't be carried out while processing a form or report event." Private Sub Report_Deactivate() If L...

Closing a child Dialog when the Mouse button is clicked outside the Parent Dialog
Hai I Have a Parent Dialog and a ChildDialog associated with that and when the mouse is clciked outside the Parent Dialog the child window has to be closed and the parent dialog has to minimized to the taskbar please let me know how to handle this situation Thanks and Regards sures h Are you referring to a dialogs that have Parent/Child relation? The reason I ask is because this is rather unusual. Modeless dialogs are used as children of the frame window as form view. Are you writing something similar to this? "Suresh" wrot...

Excel HELP Please
Hi, One of the columns in my excel has its content broken into lines. I guess each line within that column ends with a carrieage return and line feed. how can I replace these with say a "-" character? I was trying to use Find and Replace but don't know how to enter the CRLf character and if I use Alt 13 and / or Alt 10 (for cariage return and line feed) it wont fine these. Any help will be appreciated Hi Dino Take a look at the TRIMALL function http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/join.htm -- Regards Roger Govier "Dino Buljubasic" <dino@noplacelikeho...

Please Help me!!!!!!
Hello, I would like to ask your help regarding the WAN IP address I'm pretty sure somebody has invaded my Hotmail during 2010/1/4 ~ 2010/1/5 and 2010/1/12 ~ 2010/1/15 There are many privacy and important information in my mailbox. So I'm really really need your help to find out which WAN IP address was log in my mailbox during these two periods. It's really URGENT!!! Please kindly help me!!! Looking forward to hearing from you soonest!!! Thanks and best regards, Tess Chiu ...

Please Help With Goal Seek
How do I get -25% in the margin cell??? The formula I use, =D7*D9 gives me 0.25 insted of - 25%. Hourly Cost Direct Cost $30.00 $750.00 $25.00 $1,000.00 $25.00 $2,250.00 $4,000.00 Price to customer $4,000.00 Tax Rate 25% Tax Costs $1,000.00 Total Costs Staff $4,000.00 Taxes $1,000.00 Margin ?? Thank you, Laura Hi Laura, What data is in which cells? And what do you fill in in the GoalSeek dialog? -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Laura" <mzlaurajane@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:2720AC94-1B48-4730-8509-CC4...

Is there an option in Outlook '03 to confirm before closing?
Many times I will inadvertantly X out of Outlook and will have synch issues when I restart immediately. Is there an option that asks "Are you sure you want to close Outlook?" I know there is an option that asks to confirm before permanently deleting messages, but I haven't found one that will allow you to abort closing Outlook. Any ideas? "Cashman" <Cashman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FF1544E7-0D2F-4BC8-8BC0-FEA9EC40FEA5@microsoft.com... > Many times I will inadvertantly X out of Outlook and will have synch issues > when ...

Excel is multi thread program?
But why when I checked the number of threads of Excel in Windows Task Manager. The Processes tab can show threads information about the processes running on computer by selecting thread count in view option. And it shows Excel is a process with multiple threads. ?? thanks again -- maplemaple ------------------------------------------------------------------------ maplemaple's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30460 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=501262 ...

Is the statistics program, Megastat, compatible with Excel 2007?
Help, I need to purchase a statistics add-in called Megastat for my business stats class. Does anyone know if it's compatible with Excel 2007. The class is using Excel 2003, which is making it difficult enough to follow the tutorials. I'm wondering if I should just buy 2003. Thanks tzara If you decide to go to 2003 instead of paying full price you can call MicroSoft and buy a "Downgrade" from them directly. You will need to have the information to prove you have a legitimate copy of 2007. I did this back when 2000 came out and needed 97 for college. It cost me $1...

=?Utf-8?Q?Why_doesn=E2=80=99t_Microsoft_Market_Mon?= =?Utf-8?Q?ey_heavily_as_it_does_their_othe?= =?Utf-8?Q?r?=
I've used Money for sometime now and have been reasonably happy with it. My question-why doesn't MS market Money as it does their other products? The advantage of this to customers would be that a higher sales means more bug fixes, more online banks, and more features, etc. With Money being somewhat relatively 'unknown' to the world, I wonder if one day MS might end up pulling it off the market because of competition....just something to think about... They used to spend megabucks marketing it by comparison. I think they've discovered that the demand is inelastic ...

Programming IE
Greetings, I'm trying to programmatically modify some security settings in IE. I figured out how to make the appropriate changes to the registry. The problem is that they are not detected by IE until you restart it. Doing some testing, I figured out that making these changes within IE causes a WM_SETTINGSCHANGE message to be broadcast. However, I don't seem able to do this correctly (for one thing, how do you make the LPARAM string Unicode or multibyte appropriately for each application?) So I started looking into the IE object model and SetZoneActionPolicy(). Unfortunately, t...

When you open a message (in a new window), and copy one or more files contained in this message, and then close the window, the file is not kept in the clipboard. I have to copy the file and paste it before closing the window. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the...

Query Help Please
I have a relational db with a Client Table and a Project Table. The Client table holds general info that usually doesn't change. The Project table has a record for each project we've done for the client, and contains a Manager field. The manager could change from year to year. I want to show by current manager all the other projects for that client (regardless of who previous manager was). Current manager is just the manager on the latest project. I'm guessing I need a query of a query, but I'm stumped. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks. Do you hav...

help please #12
can anyone do these questions, Please send to my email at edwinjade_chui@hotmail.com thank you so very muc +------------------------------------------------------------------- |Filename: help.zip |Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=3434 +------------------------------------------------------------------- -- edwinchu ----------------------------------------------------------------------- edwinchui's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2380 View this thread: http://www.excel...

Outlook sends mail on closing program
On closing Outlook 2002 it attempts to send e-mails. I've tried Norton and McAffee to no avail. Does not pick up any virusses. Any ideas what it may be? Please!! outlook, options, mail setup / send receive, see if there is a check mark on the performa an automatic send/receive on exit "Chris" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:475701c3ff5c$5858e200$a301280a@phx.gbl... > On closing Outlook 2002 it attempts to send e-mails. I've > tried Norton and McAffee to no avail. Does not pick up any > virusses. Any ideas what it may be? Please!...

Switching Over from Netscape Messenger to Outlook 2003
Hi, I'm finally biting the bullet and switching over to Outlook 2003 from Netscape Messenger 7.1. I have a handful of questions and would immensely appreciate any assistance... 1) I have nearly a thousand important e-mails archived in folders in my Netscape Messenger. How can I transfer/import these e-mails/e-mail folders into Outlook? 2) I also have hundreds of contacts/address books in my Netscape Messenger. How can I transfer/import these e-mails/e-mail folders into Outlook? 3) If you have Outlook on a home and work computer, is it possible to sync/copy your calendar and contacts ...

Close button on tabs
I have a tab control with icons + labels. I want to include a little 'x' on the top-right corner of each tab (a close button). I suspect I'm going to need to create a custom control. My question is: Is is possible to subclass or somehow utilize CTabCtrl so that I don't have to recreate the entire control form a CWnd or CStatic control? If so, how? Thank you all. You can owner-draw the CTabCtrl. Here is a sample. http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/controls/tabcontrols/article.php/c2237 You could draw the "X" in the DrawItem() code. -SM On Sep 9, 2:56=A0am, Se...

Please help me. Creting kbarticles with SDK

Please provide me some instructions about ..inf file used to make a cab file
I've made a "big" AcitveX control, it uses a lot of .dll files In order to make a cab file ,I have to make a .inf file first. I've read related files in MSDN .But they are too short. I need a complete .inf file. Please help me. Thank u very much!!! http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/install/hh/install/create-inf_4l47.asp http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/install/hh/install/inf-format_7soi.asp Have you read this? ...

programming GPIB
Someone programmed for GPIB? Whats that? Anything to do with MFC? -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Keeper" <sergey_popkov@mail.ru> wrote in message news:O5xkyjkdEHA.1656@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Someone programmed for GPIB? > > Necessary connected with port GPIB and read data with it "Keeper" <sergey_popkov@mail.ru> wrote in message news:O5xkyjkdEHA.1656@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Someone programmed for GPIB? > Programming and interfacing with GPIB is not specifically a MFC question. However, I give it a shot. I assume ...

Please help!!! Information Store and System Attendant does not start
Hello Everyone, I have a couple of questions. Friday my exchange 2k box crashed on the windows side. I have put the exchange hard drives in a new pc. I repaired the drive by running the windows repair and bascially had to almost install windows again. However, it comes back up at win2k sp3. I reran the exchange sp3 patch on the server. All my drives look good. However, the information store and exchange system attendant will not start. I was wondering if anyone can give me advice on why this is happening? Also on a side note I can not remote desktop into this pc which is weird? I can ping...

Access will only open up 1 program now
Some time back during an update I lost the ability to open more than 1 access program at a time. Not sure how to resolve the conflict. Any help There are some ambiguities in your question. You only have ONE Access Program on your computer, unless there are multiple versions installed : 2003, 2007, etc. So, do you mean you can only open a single INSTANCE of Access at a time? or that you can only open one MDB at a time? Or that you can only open one VERSION at at time? "cruiseboy" <cruiseboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C00A26AF-F...

blacklisted
Hi gang, Our mail server has been blacklisted by DSBL as we had a one day issue with mail being relayed off of it and forwarding some SPAM. We have cleaned up our config and confirmed that we aren't relaying anymore. I am wondering if anyone has any experience with this organization, and more specifically their process for having your IP removed from their banned list. They make it quite clear in their FAQ that they have a great deal of contempt for us dumb-MS yokels who use Exchange (and don't configure it properly), and although I've tried to follow their instructions I haven...

Money still downloading Closed account online information
I have an account (duplicate) marked as 'closed' in Money 2006. However, money is still downloading the online account updates from fidelity. Any ideas on how to prevent that from happening? Thanks ...

Need to filter Outlook email with (XXX) images, please help..
Hi, Looking for a way in Outlook to filter out emails with images that open before I even click on them. (they are usually Xrated) and I do not know how to make a RULE to filter them out. This is making me not even want to use my Outlook mail!!!! Appreciate any help!!!! Thanks What version of Outlook? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, thehez2@yahoo.c...

"Program is trying to access email addresses" message Outlook 11
I have an created an excel application which e-mails predetermined recipients using the "CreateObject("Outlook.Application")". Outlook generates a warning stating "Program is trying to access email addresses" for /every/ recipient (even though the email addresses are stipulated in the excel application). It also generates a message stating that "a program is trying to send email on your behalf". Can I turn these security features off in Outlook? They kind of kill my automation. Damien See http://www.outlookcode.com/d/sec.htm for your options w...