>> Stop sharing a workbook

Hi, I have a shared workbook. I now want to stop sharing
this workbook so that I can make some alterations to its
design.

I have tried to use the method described in online help to
turn off the sharing. But when I clear the checkbox,
respond 'yes' to the warning, the workbook remains shared
and, when I re-open the share workbook dialog, the
checkbox to allow changes by others is still
ticked/checked.

Any ideas or suggestions appreciated :-)

Thanks
Jonathan
0
anonymous (74722)

I can't reproduce this in Excel 2002, and I can't find anything about it in
the MS Knowledge Base.

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 20:13:09 -0700, "Jonathan Parminter"

>Hi, I have a shared workbook. I now want to stop sharing
>this workbook so that I can make some alterations to its
>design.
>
>I have tried to use the method described in online help to
>turn off the sharing. But when I clear the checkbox,
>respond 'yes' to the warning, the workbook remains shared
>and, when I re-open the share workbook dialog, the
>checkbox to allow changes by others is still
>ticked/checked.
>
>Any ideas or suggestions appreciated :-)
>
>Thanks
>Jonathan

0
anonymous (74722)
10/19/2004 3:26:16 AM
When you look at the title bar, do you see [Shared]?

If yes, you didn't unshare it.

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Thanks Dave, Yes it still says [shared]. Even with someone
looking over my shoulder to confirm that I am following
online help instructions I don't seem to be able to
unshare a workbook.

Jonathan

>Jonathan Parminter wrote:
>>
>> Hi, I have a shared workbook. I now want to stop sharing
>> this workbook so that I can make some alterations to its
>> design.
>>
>> I have tried to use the method described in online help
>> turn off the sharing. But when I clear the checkbox,
>> respond 'yes' to the warning, the workbook remains
shared
>> and, when I re-open the share workbook dialog, the
>> checkbox to allow changes by others is still
>> ticked/checked.
>>
>> Any ideas or suggestions appreciated :-)
>>
>> Thanks
>> Jonathan
>
>--
>
>Dave Peterson
>ec35720@msn.com
>.

0
anonymous (74722)
10/20/2004 10:32:03 PM

Thanks Myrna, I'm also using excel 2002.

Jonathan

>On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 20:13:09 -0700, "Jonathan Parminter"
>
>>Hi, I have a shared workbook. I now want to stop sharing
>>this workbook so that I can make some alterations to its
>>design.
>>
>>I have tried to use the method described in online help
>>turn off the sharing. But when I clear the checkbox,
>>respond 'yes' to the warning, the workbook remains
shared
>>and, when I re-open the share workbook dialog, the
>>checkbox to allow changes by others is still
>>ticked/checked.
>>
>>Any ideas or suggestions appreciated :-)
>>
>>Thanks
>>Jonathan
>
>.

0
anonymous (74722)
10/20/2004 10:33:17 PM
Are you sure you're unchecking that "allow changes..." checkbox?

(or did you mean you got it working??)

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Jonathan

Dave wrote:

> [...]
0
anonymous (74722)
10/21/2004 9:16:22 PM
I don't have another guess.

Can the person who was watching unshare the workbook on his/her pc?

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

thanks for sticking with this one. I've decided instead to
have linked workbooks. that is, each contibutor has their
own workbook. They are all linked to a summary workbook.

Thanks again for your persistance
Jonathan

0
anonymous (74722)

email stops receiving
Running XP Pro just loaded Office 2003 w/ Small Bus when first powered up email works OK. After a period of time I get this error message: Task 'btoomey@charter.net - Receiving' reported error (0x8004210A) : 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the receiving (POP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).' If I just ignore for awile the program may stop sending as well. Have checked numerous times w/ ISP. Everything fine. When I power down and then back up, most times the probl...

Purge deleted items from shared mailbox
How can I purge the folder "deleted items" from a shared mailbox? The RM menu item is greyed out. Environment: Outlook 2003/Exchange 2003. What permission do you have on the deleted folder? can you delete them if you open the folder and select all, Del? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook &...

OWA stopped working on one of the Cluster Nodes
Our environment has 2 FE servers and an A/A/P cluster. Recently (not sure how long ago) OWA stopped allowing logons on one of the BE nodes. I have checked the configuration for the HTTP resources and they all appear to be identical. When I move the EVS from the Active to Passive node OWA starts working properly. I had installed Symantec's SMSMSE 4.6 around the same time frame and have since removed that. I have tried to Restore the IIS configuration to an earlier date and that fixed the Passive Node but not the Active node. I have removed Exchange and reinstalled and removed IIS and...

creating links inside a workbook.
I would like to put a working table of contents into my workbook. In other words, I would like to list all of the sheet names on a master page and allow the user to jump to that page simply by clicking the page's name. Any suggestions? Please and Thank You!!!! Use the Hyperlink feature. Just do a Insert> HyperLink>. Choose place in this document. Then select the tab you want to link to. "Angelica" <Angelica@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:94B5487B-A816-4BE3-B43A-701863DCFE76@microsoft.com... >I would like to put a working table of content...

accessing shared calendar in outlook 2007
Person A has shared his calendar with person B(with B as an editor) so that B can accept meeting requests, change location/time for a meeting which will be attended by A. Person B could do that on his computer and view A's calendar, make changes using Outlook 2007. Person B got a new computer so outlook 2007 was configured on the new machine so that B could access his emails, calendars and contacts as well as A's calendar. On the new computer B can view his calendar, emails, but cannot access(view) A's calendar which he was able to do on his old computer. A is out of town ...

How to stop: Outlook keeps sending emails from outbox
One of our PCs in network had virus before. It is cleaned via Mac Fee antivirus software. The person has that computer confirm that her PC has no virus now. However, her Outlook sometime keeps sending a certain email multiple times. The other who receive that email then has the problem: some how the email is auto-replied. The Mac Fee warns that the outlook sending mail multiple times and it could be a virus. At least, there are three people in the local network has the infected emails from the first person. The Antivirus software has not found anything after scanning. They also used Micro T...

shared workbook issue
Hello All - I am using Excel 2007 and have a shared workbook that is also password protected. One user of the workbook attempted to save changes and received an error message that reads: "Caution: You are attempting to save a shared workbook that is also protected with a password. Portions of the file, including the change history, will not be encrypted. To help ensure the security of your file, unshare the workbook or delete the change history from the document. Do you want to save this file?" I would like to keep this as a shared workbook, so I attempted to delete t...

Share Point & MS CRM
In notes section, how to attach a document link on the SPS server to the MS CRM? When creating a note It only uses Upload method.. ...

How do I stop "Do you want to add this person to messenger" popups
Several times a week I'm getting popups, asking if I want to "add this person to messenger". This is getting very, very annoying. How do I turn this "feature" off? I know when someone I actually care about is going to add me to messenger, I can turn it on when that time comes. Several times a week? I get it many times a day, and it's driving me crazy! What you are supposed to do is go to Tools -> Options -> Privacy. Here, under Contact Lists you will find a check box saying "Alert me when other people add me to their contact list". Y...

password for workbook
Hello, How can i set the workbook so that when opened, a dialogu appears asking for password to open up the workbook before being abl to read or Read/write anything.... Thanks a lot From Joh -- Neo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Neo1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3032 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=53146 One simple way, although the password input is not masked '----------------------------------------------------------------- Private Sub Workbook_Open() '...

Smaller workbooks?
Hi. My Excel 2000 workbook has just increased in size from 1mb to just under 8mb !! I have added a few formulae and a long VBA macro. The workbook has 14 sheets, no graphics and quite a bit of conditional formatting. The VBA adds formulae to the various sheets on an 'as required' basis - if 30 rows are needed, then the macro adds formulae to about 20 columns on 30 rows. Thats all it does. I just did a bit more work to it and the size jumped.... Any suggestions on how to get it smaller again? Thanks. Jim Hi Jim, Does Ctrl+End properly identify your last cell or is it way down...

copy data from one worksheet to identical sheet in different workbook
I want to essentially sync the data between 2 identical worksheets in different workbooks. Essentially, I want to import and replace data in the second sheet with data from the first, is there a simple way to do this without deleting the worksheet and then copying the new sheet into the workbook? Thanks You can right-click on your source-sheetname tab, the shortmenu will reflect Copy/MoveSheet.... Select it and make 2 other choices: 1) Check to Create Copy box at bottom 2) From dropdown box at top of screen select an existing open workbook or select new-workbook. OK HTH "a...

Money Stopped Working Problem Solved! (or at least explained)
After the SP1 update my Money Plus Deluxe on Vista Ultimate would "stop working" when I selected Portfolio or Help. It turns out that the problem was a conflict with my Roboform program which is a password fill-in program that attaches itself to web pages in order to automatically enter my personal information. Because Portfolio and Help look like web pages to Roboform, it tries to attach and apparently crashes Money. If I stop Roboform before starting Money all is well. Alternatively, I can start Money "as administrator" and that will work too. In microsoft.publi...

stopping a process
I want to close an already running process in my system. Say Yahoo msngr.I can identify and hide the window but am not able to stop the Yahoo Messenger process. How can I stop that process such that the window is closed and the process is stopped as well such that that its entry from the task manager is also removed. Destroy doesnt works. you need to use windows shell command "net start/stop SERVICENAME" the service name is to be used as we can see it in Services using services.msc at run command. Sandipan Aich wrote: > I want to close an already running process in my syst...

Searching a Differnt worksheet in the same workbook.
So what I need to do is have a colum D that searches Sheet1, column E for a certain text string entered in a different sheet (either 2 or 3) column D. If they match I want the cell in column E, sheet 2 or 3 to return a text of "Found" and if there is no match I want the cell to be blank. I've been looking in these forums and have a feeling it can be done, I just can't figure out how. Thanks. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Dear Cre...

shared workbook opens slowly
I have a workbook that uses conditional formating etc has 60 worksheets one for each week and 8 for info for drop down lists and the size is 10 mb. I have shared it via a windows 2003 severer but it takes along time to open any thoughts as to what I may have done wrong Since you have 60 worksheets with conditional formatting and the same is used by many persons in sharing mode will make excel to open the file slowly. Try to Remove unwanted worksheets from your workbook and on daily basis or two days once Remove the sharing and give Cntrl+S and apply the sharing. While doing ...

Won't Stop Updating!
I downloaded an update for one of my accounts and it's large -- this was DAYS ago. It now is "updating" everytime I open it -- I can't stop it and it won't let me do anything else. HELP! I would suggest that you run a file repair. -- Neil "Sarah" <Sarah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D1396517-A28E-486A-B374-A41D6768645B@microsoft.com... >I downloaded an update for one of my accounts and it's large -- this was >DAYS > ago. It now is "updating" everytime I open it -- I can't stop it and it > won...

Saving workbook #2
We are sharing some excel books on netwrok by using several "my briefcase" linking to one master file. We cannot modify the file and update to the master file at the same time - as the computer refuse to merge them together. Is there any method that it can go real multiuser. Hi you may try the following: sub save_with_cell() Dim fname fname = worksheets("sheet1").range("A1").value fname = fname & ".xls" ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=fname end sub You should add some error checking to this (does the files exist, etc.) -- Regards Fr...

Shared Exchange Hosting
(english version below) Hallo. Ik heb de schone taak om op een server draaiende onder Server2003, met Exchange2003 en een active directory meedere bedrijven gebruik te laten maken van Exchange. Ik snap dat er dan meerdere forest en smtp-servers opgezet moeten worden, maar verder loop ik volledig vast en tast in het duister. Ik heb MCSA2000 gedaan, maar 2003 is een tikkel(tje) anders. Ik zie het even helemaalniet meer. Is er iemand die ervaring heeft met Shared Exchange Hosting en is deze persoon bereid mijn wat tips, url's, digitale uitleg, etc. te geven ? Ik zou het heel erg fijn vinden....

sharing database and getting notification when new entries are mad
I am new to Access but here's what I am trying to do. I want to put a database on a network share that will be used by several people who will be able to add in records. I would like to be notified via email when new entries are made, how would I go about doing that? Why would you want that? When the db is used frequently you'll be bombarded with emails. You might have to figure out first what it is you want to be updated for. If you want it all you will create a lot of networktraffic just by sending constant emails. Not to mention the fact that you have to catch every insert...

Auto delete stopped functioning in Outlook 2000
Hi, I have a single install on a user PC which although the option to auto empty the waste bin is checked it is not deleting or even asking whether she is sure she wants to delete. Advice appreciated, Sam ...

Stopping warning message
greetings gurus I have a workbook that I open several times a day. On opening, I always get a warning message that the file "contains macros.....". I'm given three choices - Disable Macros, Enable Macros, or More Info. How can I prevent this message from showing. I always want to Enable Macros. TQ -- cinnie Hi, It's not something I would recommend but if you set your macro security level to 'Low' then you won't get the message Tools|Macro|Security - select 'LOW' There is no way to automatically enable macros, if there was th...

Stop Internet Access
Is there a way to stop internet access from Outlook 2002? ...

Print Workbook
Hi, I've looked around and seen one answer to this that suggests a macro with a button, but I don't want to go down that route. So - how do I make excel print the whole workbook when print is selected? I have a workbook with 3 worksheets, and the users will need to print off all 3 to return to me. Rather than risk them print off only one and return that, if it auto prints all 3 I should guarantee that i get all 3 returned. Thanks, You might try this. Put this code in your workbook's ThisWorkbook module: Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) Worksheets....

Hwt stop the error indicator?
How do i switch off the little green triangle that indicates an error in a cell. thanks Ok now sorted "ss" <yamxs750@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:duOEi.171725$p7.169759@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk... > How do i switch off the little green triangle that indicates an error in a > cell. > > thanks > > On Sun, 09 Sep 2007 09:23:30 GMT, "ss" <yamxs750@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote: >"ss" <yamxs750@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message >news:duOEi.171725$p7.169759@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk... >> How do i switch o...