"Show All" in Excel

Is there a "Show All" or something similar in Excel like there is in Word?  I
am having trouble with hidden text (spaces) in the "COUNTA" function.
0
PokerPaul (1)

Paul

No "show all" available in Excel.

If you have spaces or other junk in cells, you can try the TRIM or CLEAN
Functions.

Download Chip Pearson's CELLVIEW add-in from

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/CellView.htm

Load through Tools>Add-ins.

Select the data and Chip's add-in will show you what the characters are.

David McRitchie's TRIMALL macro will also be of assistance.  Cleans up what
TRIM and CLEAN miss.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 16:07:03 -0700, PokerPaul
<PokerPaul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Is there a "Show All" or something similar in Excel like there is in Word?  I
>am having trouble with hidden text (spaces) in the "COUNTA" function.

0
Gord

How do I show all the contents of a cell?
I have a cell that has possibly thousands of characters. I've merged it with about twenty other cells, but even though there is more than enough room to spare, it still truncates my text at a given point. I've tried every setting I know how, but it won't show the rest of my text. I can't add a textbox or something like that (this is not my spreadsheet). Anybody have a suggestion? Thanks. -- Wraith Daquell ....there is only one Daquell. 1. Never use merged cells, it will usually create problems. 2. A cell can display up to 1024 characters (it can be overcome somewhat by u...

Getting a subform to Show All records
I have a single table with a main form and sub form. A combobox on the main form filters the subform - works fine. I have added a command button to "Show All" records - in essence, removing the filter condition. I've tried setting the FilterOn property of the main form to False, setting the FilterOn property of the sub form to False, and setting the filter property to "[FieldName] LIKE '*'" None of these methods work! Is there a better way to "Show All" records in the subform? Have you also included a Requery of the SubForm? dsimcox wrote: &...

overlapping text boxes show all lines.
In Publisher 2003 (unlike Publisher 2000), when I make overlapping text boxes, I do not want all lines to show, but they do. Waht shold I do? Publisher 2000 created text boxes that were not transparent by default, whereas 2003 creates text boxes transparent, maybe this is your issue. Fill your text box white. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Dorothy" <Dorothy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AC6C0270-1007-419D-B4F7-3F8FB38E86AA@microsoft.com... > In Publisher 2003 (unlike Publish...

Publisher 2003 does not show all fonts
Greetings All, I have a problem that I think is related to the "Font Schemes" of MS Publisher 2003. The facts: Have MS publisher 2003 installed. Have many, mnay truetype fonts installed on the system All my truetype fonts show up in fonts list under MS Word, Excel, etc. I have a web site that I created using one of the MS Publisher templates. The problem: When I open the web site that I created (opne the .pub file) to edit it, only a few fonts show up in the drop-down list. I think the Font Scheme of the templat ethat I chose is limiting the fonts that are displayed, but fo...

X, Plus, and Star marker styles do not show all data points
In a scatter chart, the X, Plus, and Star styles simply mark the right end of each string of data; data points to the left of that position don't show, unless I use a background color different from the Chart's background. The square, diamond, triangle, and circle styles show all the data. Is there a property of these 3 problem styles I should set to make them display like the 4 that work? Thanks for any help. Larry Mehl Larry - I've never noticed a problem like that. You're saying the markers only mark the last point in a series? Are these charts you're doing your...

start date & end date
I have a date table & a leave table which leave table contains startdate & end_date. How i do show all date in between startdate & end date . For example : Leave startdate = 1/5/2010, end date =3/5/2010. i want the data show all date - 1/5/2010 NANCY AL 2/5/2010 NANCY AL 3/5/2010 NANCY AL You can use a Cartesian Product query to generate a record for every date in the period. 1. Create a table with just one field of type Number, named (say) CountID, and mark it as primary key. Save the table as (say) tblCount. 2. Enter records from zero to the highest number of ...

set default to show all menu options
Is there a way in 2003 to show all menu options by default? Just a little annoying having to double-click the menu to see all the options. -Max On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 14:31:35 -0400, "Max" <nospam@notvalid.com> wrote: >Is there a way in 2003 to show all menu options by default? Just a little >annoying having to double-click the menu to see all the options. > Right click on the menu bar and select Customize. Then, on the Options tab, click, "Always show full menus". -- <<<SgtRich>>> Email Client: Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 News Clie...

Outlook 2003
How do I view ALL email received, grouped *by person*, in a single pane regardless of folders? BTW, Lotus Notes has a default "sort all messages by person" icon. The icon generates a view showing every email stored on the server and local drive (regardless of folder), grouped by person. Press another icon and switch back to folder view. Very handy. Thanks! Steve Sunny NY State You could create a Search Folder that would include all your mail and give that folder a group by sender view. -Peter "Qman" <Qman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

Show all filled cells
Hi All Col A & B is product code, col C... is customer list To show only the products with pricing e.g. if row 26, C1 to GR no cell is fill (no pricing), it will not show row 26. Any help? Thanks Hi You can use an autofilter to filter away rows with blank pricing cells. Select the entire table, goto Data > Autofilter. In the pricing column filter on 'non-blank' cells. Hopes this helps. .... Per "vcff" <vcff@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i meddelelsen news:7F88FAD3-C41F-47E8-83BE-11FF47BDD709@microsoft.com... > Hi All > ...

Macro - filter
Hi I have the spreadsheet with the macro that does number of things, but I am not using it - only somebody else. The problem is that this person uses it then from time to time uses a filter and if data are filtered the macro crashes. I tried use "show all data" in the macro, but it crashes when there is not filter used. Is there a way to change the macro so if there is a filter used then unfilter it, but if not do not change anything? I am still on the learning curve with the VBA. -- Greatly appreciated Eva If you want to remove the filter (and filter arrows): ...

Export don't show all Textboxes
I have a report which calculates on an condition some textboxes: Private Sub Detail_Print() If Me.Text62 > 30 Then 'Me.Text62.Visible = False Me.Textover30.Visible = True Me.Text15to30.Visible = False Me.Text2to15.Visible = False Me.Text0to2.Visible = False Me.Textfuture.Visible = False ElseIf Me.Text62 <= 30 And Me.Text62 >= 15 Then 'Me.Text62.Visible = False Me.Text15to30.Visible = True Me.Textover30.Visible = False Me.Text2to15.Visible = False Me.Text0to2.Visible = False Me.Textfuture.Visible = False etc........ End If As...

How do I automatically show all comments on a seperate worksheet?
How do I automatically show all comments on a seperate worksheet? I can select the option to print the comments out on seperate worksheet or "at the end" they call it. But can I put them, on a sererate worksheet for me to see and review in a list. They offer to review each comment one at a time and shuffle through them, but that takes a while and its nice to see a suammry of all of them. You can use programming to copy comments to a separate sheet, where you could print them. There's sample code here: http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments03.html newmember wrote: >...

"Show All" in Excel
Is there a "Show All" or something similar in Excel like there is in Word? I am having trouble with hidden text (spaces) in the "COUNTA" function. Paul No "show all" available in Excel. If you have spaces or other junk in cells, you can try the TRIM or CLEAN Functions. Download Chip Pearson's CELLVIEW add-in from http://www.cpearson.com/excel/CellView.htm Load through Tools>Add-ins. Select the data and Chip's add-in will show you what the characters are. David McRitchie's TRIMALL macro will also be of assistance. Cleans up what TRIM and C...

Show All Options in Menus
Is there an option to check/uncheck that will force to show all menu options in the toolbar (File, Edit, View, Insert, etc.). Rather than clicking on the down-pointing double errors to show all options, I would like to see all options all the time (instead of only those not being idle). Thanks, Tom Hi Tom! View > Toolbars > Customize > Options Tab Put check on "Always show full menus" OK -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available free to good homes. &...

Show all investments on home page
Money 2004 deluxe shows only the first 75 investments on the home page investment summary. How can I get it to show all of them ca. 250? Running XP home. Jonathan notice the word 'summary'........... >-----Original Message----- >Money 2004 deluxe shows only the first 75 investments on the home page >investment summary. How can I get it to show all of them ca. 250? Running >XP home. > >Jonathan > > >. > Me: NOT helpful. Money 2000 showed them all. Jonathan "me" <m@e.com> wrote in message news:0aba01c3822e$e145f270$a301280a@ph...

Filtering & 'Show all' when w/book protected
I have a workbook which is password protected and shared. Users can use the filters set up across the top row, but often it' hard to be sure that there isn't a filter in place. What would be grea is if: (1) the 'Show all' button worked when the book is protected. Why i this disabled? :confused: It's not doing anything more than removin the filter which the users _are_ able to do! At least the users coul just hit the button and be sure that all filters are de-activated. (2) Failing that - is there an alternative? e.g. a macro? Or is i possible to change the colouring of...

ldap show all mail address
is it possible to show all the mail address and name of the person in a new mail windows , is there an option to activate i know that if you douoble click on the name you can have the details...... thanks ...

Show all Records
I am using a combo box to filter my records in a List Box *2 problems the combo box is showing say "Transport" 6 times if I have transport in that field 6 times (No Duplicates Please) *When I select Transport it only shows 1 field, I am trying to get the list box to show all 6 fields (Show Duplicates) Combobox= Private Sub cmbFindSubject_AfterUpdate() Me!lstModify.RowSource = "SELECT * FROM qryClientInvoice Where [InvoiceID] Like " & Me.cmbFindSubject End Sub Query= SELECT tblInvoice.InvoiceID, tblInvoice.ClientDetail FROM tblInvoice WHERE (((tbl...

Show all contacts in subfolders
Is there any way I can make my contacts folder show all the entries for contacts in its subfolders? At the moment all contacts are in category subfolders yet I cannot get a contact list with all my contacts in. Many thanks "Steevo" <geo@uk2k.nospam.com> wrote in message news:bq5kef$2n4$1@newsg1.svr.pol.co.uk... > Is there any way I can make my contacts folder show all the entries for > contacts in its subfolders? At the moment all contacts are in category > subfolders yet I cannot get a contact list with all my contacts in. > > Many thanks > > > &g...

PST does not show all files
Hope someone can help me out here, I have a PST that is about 600MB when looking at the pst in explorer. However when I open it up in Outlook it only show 547MB. The problem that I have is I am missing alot of e-mails which kind of adds up to the missing 50MB. Does anyone have any ideas what could have happened and how do I get the full 600MB to show up. Thanks Gavin... You do not understand Microsoft math. 600 = 547 Explorer reports white space differently that Outlook. Those are identical file sizes. It's like tuning musical instruments. If you're only off by a bit, that...

Isn't there a way in Word 2007 to show all bookmarks in a document
Isn't there a way in Word 2007 to show all bookmarks in a document. I know about Word Options > Advanced > Show document content > Show bookmarks but that only gives me brackets where the bookmarks are, but I would like the bookmark names to show. The reason why I want this is because I have a number of existing documents, who each contains tons of bookmarks and I would like, in an easy way, to find out where they all are. The following macro run from a button on the QAT (Quick Access Toolbar) or a keyboard shortcut will select each bookmark in turn and pop up a m...

Join Properties
I've got a query that is linking 2 tables. However, I'm having problems with the join properties in linking these tables. Basically from what I can understand, there are 3 options: 1. Where join field from both tables are equal 2. All records from table 1 and only those from table 2 where they match 3. All records from table 2 and only those from table 1 where they match How do I go about having all records from both tables showing? The tables are as follows: Table 1 Field 1: Department Field 2: Actual Numbers Field 3: Actual Income Table 2: Field 1: Departmen...

Crystal XI will not show all possible values in a parameter field
Hello: We have a Crystal XI report that has one parameter value that is a "static" rather than "dynamic". It works fine and, when you type in a value upon refreshing the report, the data is correct. We made a copy of the report, because we want a second report where the parameter value is dynamic rather than static. We do not want a range, but we do want a parameter that will show all possible values on the left and allow you to pick and choose one or more of those values. For some reason, not all of the possible values are showing in this dynamic parameter field...

Tasks: show all attachments
Hello! Sometimes we have long tasks with a lot of inline attachments. Is tehre a possibility to see all attached files in a list? Regards, enno -- http://www.verbrennung.org This message was send early in the morning. Please don't blame me, if it makes no sense. ...

Crystal Reports Department Sales how to show all departments listi
I would like to get the department totals to list just like they do in a Batch close when a Z Reports is taken at the close of the day in a Crystal Report format. I want all the departments listed and not just the ones with sales dollars grater then $0.00. I have setup up a department report in report Crystal Report based on closing time for all closed batches. This is my what I have in my formula editor @DepartmentName IF IsNull ({Department.Name}) OR Length({Department.Name}) = 0 THEN "Unknown" ELSE {Department.Name} Open to any suggestions. Report works but not li...