'Save As' hangs Excel XP 2002 SP3

I have a problem in our office. For the most part Excel works fine. We can
open files and save them as long as we dont use the 'Save As' feature and try
to save it to a Network Drive. Files can be saved locally then have to be
copied to the Network Share.

Of course my first reaction was 'Permissions Issue'. BUt each user has full
access to the folder. They can right click and create a new Excel file and
rename it. BUt if they open that same file then try to 'Save As' back to the
same folder Excel hangs. Using the 'Save' feature works just fine.

I have scoured the Internet trying to find a solution. People have said try
doing this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/918165/

908531 is NOT installed and when trying to install it says the Service Pack
is already installed.

A netowrk consultant is recomending a server re-install or purchasing new
PC's. Neither solution guarantees a solution other than lining his pockets
with fees.

Someone help!

How can I print to size in Excel?
I am trying to print Excel tables and object (e.g. 10 cm x 10 cm squares) to exact size, however, the printout is always scalled differently. MS Word is printing it correctly, but I need to print the tables in Excel in exact size. Any idea of any settings to solve this? Hello- Have you checked Page Setup to make sure Scaling isn't set to less than 100%? You might also have separate settings for your printer that are causing a 'fit-to-page' effect. Regards |:>) "Bashar" wrote: > I am trying to print Excel tables and object (e.g. 10 cm x 10 cm squares) to...

Check COlumn
Hi, In excel VBA code, I have: If ActiveCell.Column =1 Then Msg "It is Column A Only" Else Msg "It is NOT Column A" End If But How can I check if the selection is actually More than Column A. Example: When user select cell in column A (A11) and cell in column B (B11), if use above code, it will still prompt "It is Column A Only". I want to avoid that because B11 is included. I think I should have something like: If ActiveCell.Column =1 Then ' Check if there is other column included If there is other column than column A included M...

using Forms and VBA within Excel
I need to develop an application with Excel which will include Forms and VBA code. I have done small projects like this before but this will be significantly larger with 6-10 forms and navigation (via command buttons) between the forms. I have heard rumors that forms within Excel can be troublesome (e.g. they can disappear without warning). I have never had problems with this before. But still wanted to ask the community - are there know issues with using Forms and VBA within Excel. The main functionality of the app will be to validate and capture data, store the data in Excel a...

Auto Save Add-in For Excel xp-2003
Is the auto save feature built into Excel XP and 2003 or is it no longer included in the professional install? Our corporate edition does not have it, has it gone away? TIA George Yes, but I believe you can copy the addin from the previous version and use it. If anyone knows different then please feel free to jump in and correct me on this as I haven't tried it, cheers. I hate Autosave as I often strip data out of sheets to see the impacts it will have, and I don't like the thought of it saving automatically. Far better to get into the habit of saving regularly yourself. -- Re...

Excel #33
how do i set up $(230) for negative values instead of "-" in excel On Aug 3, 9:37=A0am, SGM <S...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > how do i set up $(230) for negative values instead of "-" in excel On way: Format > Cells > Number > Accounting. If negative brackets are not available in the Format>Cells>Number>Number>Negative Numbers dialog. This is a function of your Regional Settings in Windows OS. Start>Settings>Control Panel>Regional and Language Settings>Regional Options>Customize>Currency>Negative Currency F...

With EXCEL 2K,I need use autofilter while protecting sheet, how?
With EXCEL 2K,I need use autofilter function while protecting a sheet, how to make it happen? You can right click on the auto filter button and click Format cell Select protection tab and make sure it is NOT locked. Now when you protect the sheet it should allow the filter to work while still protected. Hope this does the trick. Jennifer "Song" wrote: > With EXCEL 2K,I need use autofilter function while protecting a sheet, how to > make it happen? Thanks, Jennifer, but the filter button doesn't work once you protect the sheet. I am using excel 2000, I am not sure i...

macro to insert row and copy previous row + excel
I have a named range First_Table (A5:AB30 ) and a named range End_Table (A30). I would like to insert a row above the named range End_Table (A30). Then copy the contents and formula from cells F29:AB29 into the new row. However every time I run the macro it seems to insert the new row in a different place which is messing up my data. Can anyone help me please? -- Laura Always post your code. HTH Otto "Biffo" <Biffo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3B60286F-5DAD-478A-B98A-417F5EA61A7D@microsoft.com... > I have a named range First_Table ...

Excel link to website not working
Hi, I have an excel spreadsheet at work that contains links to an internal company website. Each of these links contains a query string. My problem is that the query string is being ignored when I click on the link. Here's an example link.. http://my-parr/parr/req?action=taggedmain&projid=26&tag_id=2 When I click on the link I get redirected to the main page of the site I am trying to go to. If I copy and paste the url into the browser it works fine. Any suggestions? Thanks, John Gadbois Access works really well for linking to a HTML page. check it out. in access, righ...

Excel multiple selections
I have a report that is updated each day. Within one field I have the possibility of many values that need to be added into it. I have been trying to get a combo box to return multiple selections from a listing I have created but it will only return one. How do I make it return multiple selections? Or should I be using another tool to do this? Regards, Trev I think you need to post a little more information. Are you saying your combo box only displays one item? or you need to select multiple items from your combo box? -- Bob Sweet Bsweet123@email.uophx.edu "Trev" <Trevor.Bi...

Excel VBA
To count unique values in a column in a range we can use: =SUMPRODUCT((Table!D2:D1000<>"")/(COUNTIF(Table!D2:D1000,Table!D2:D1000)+(Table!D2:D1000=""))) That is if the data range is around 1k+ but what if i want to coun lets say 60k records?? i tried using the above function to count 10 records and it hangs. Does anyone have solution to count up to 60 records? -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Give the following a try. I didn't write it, so it'll probably work ;) Cheers Sub ExtractUniqueList() Dim wksList As Worksheet Dim rngList As Range...

email as pdf print area excel 2007
I've found a flaw in excel 2007. when I filter a column in excel; I can then set the print area and launch a print preview to see the selected area of data. If I choose to send & email as a pdf instead; the same print area suddenly turns into many pages because the capture ignores my filtered area. Technically speaking; both outputs shoud get you the same data. I cannot replicate this behaviour in 2007 Saveas>PDF gives me only the filtered list. I don't know what to suggest but i don't think it's a bug in Excel. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On F...

doing my accpounts on excel
when I try to enter a number in acolumn, the date comes up! how do I just go about numbering each row 1,2,3,4 etc. for future reference? Hi Mike Sounds like the column has been formatted as Date. Select the Column>Format>Cells>Number>General If you would like the rows to be numbered automatically, if there is something in column B of the row for example, then in A2 (assuming you have headers in row 1, enter =IF(B2="","",ROW()) and copy down -- Regards Roger Govier "mike samuels" <mike samuels@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

Excel files not opening
Double click on a word or other doc on the desktop, opens word and the file, nop probs Do the same thin on an excel doc, excel opens ok, but the file does not?!?!?! To open the file i need to go, file, open, whatever.xls Happens on all excel files Hi goto 'Tools - Options - General' and uncheck 'Ignore other applications' >-----Original Message----- >Double click on a word or other doc on the desktop, opens word and the file, >nop probs >Do the same thin on an excel doc, excel opens ok, but the file does >not?!?!?! To open the file i need to go, file, o...

Word 2002 and Powerpoint 2002
Hello Does anyone out there know anything about the following issue? When I insert multiple pictures into Word 2002 or PowerPoint 2002 in XP 2002, i.e. by Insert/Picture/From File and then selecting multiple images, the last picture in the list is loaded first followed by the others in correct order. It's a minor annoyance in Word or Powerpoint that can be quickly solved by cutting and pasting, but this issue is also affecting an application I'm developing that allows a user to import images. The correct order of the images needs to be preserved. This issue see...

Error while opening an excel file without having saved it
This error is coming when I try to open directly an extracted excel file without having saved it. Why ??? ''A DDE error has occured and a description of the error cannot be displayed because it is too long. If the filename or path is long, try remaining the file or copying it to a different folder'' On Apr 15, 11:13=A0pm, George <Geo...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Thiserroris coming when I try toopendirectly an extractedexcelfile > without having saved it. Why ??? > > ''A DDEerrorhas occured and a description of theerrorcannot be displayed...

Save As Macro
I have created a macro that I use weekly. The macro names and saves the spreadsheet. Currently, when saving the spreadsheet I am asked "A file name ‘c:\filename.xls’ already exists in this location. Do you want to replace it?" Is there a way that I can amend the macro to automatically answer YES. ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:="c:\filename.xls", _ FileFormat:=xlNormal, Password:="", WriteResPassword:="", _ ReadOnlyRecommended:=False, CreateBackup:=False Thanks Application.displayalerts = false 'your code...

Excel 2003 documents migration to 2007
Hello Excel Mania.... :) I have project to convert a lot of Excel 2003 documents to Excel 2007, including its macro and chart. After I surfed some website which mostly got explanation about changes between thoose version, I hardly find a complete explanation to deal with this problem, I mean the straight bold explanation to convert, not only to analyze the differences. Any advise ?, refference site or application ? Thanks -- Chaos organized believer Hi Eldi If you want to create 2007 files from your xls files and there are a lot of them you can use this http://www.labnol.org/softwa...

Saving new document
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel When I try to save a document I can not get to any sub folders or further nested folders. My only option is &quot;Documents&quot; and drop down does not show any other folders there. They are all seen in Finder so they are there. I can open a document from Finder but can not save anything new to them. As replied to an identical question Sunday as well as numerous others prior to that :-) Seriously, first use the Forum's Search feature (upper left side) before posting a question. You'll often get your inf...

save as webpage with password
hi, When i save excel worksheet with password as webpage, there is n password in webpage. Is there any method to retain password in webpage as i dont want som people changing it in the intranet. norik -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

VBA Borders in Excel 2007
The code below is designed to put medium outline and thin inside borders on each page of a mulitpage excel worksheet. It used the BeforePrint event to do this. It worked in Excel 2003 but in 2007 on a 2 page worksheet when it calls Sub MixedBorders the bottom medium border gets erased on the first page. What do I need to change? Or is this a bug in 2007? Option Explicit Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) FormatBeforePrint End Sub Public Sub FormatBeforePrint() Dim startRow As Long Dim endRow As Long Dim startColumn As Integer Dim endCo...

save views in Outlook 2003
Hello everybody, I just wonder, whether it is possible to save a custom view I set in Outlook 2003. My problem is namely that I miss a certain view in Outlook, which I do not use always, but sometimes it comes handy. ("Current View > By sender" was available in Outlook 2000). Does anybody know, whether this option is there in 2003? Best regards, Sandor Teglasy Sorry for bothering you, I've found the solution in the meantime: View > Arrange By > Current View > Define Views Sandor Teglasy jun. "news.microsoft.com" <notpublic@notpublic.org> wrote...

how to open and save blocked attachment file...
Can anyone tell me how to open one of the blocked attatchment files (adp - access project file) by outlook? Thanks. http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm "Yong Choi" <ychoi2@csub.edu> wrote in message news:871801c4323b$6db6eae0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Can anyone tell me how to open one of the blocked > attatchment files (adp - access project file) by outlook? > Thanks. ...

outlook password won't save
I can't get outlook to remember my email account password. It lets me type it in check the box but it won't save it. I have tried to create a new profile and that didn't help. I have the current service packs installed for both the os and outlook ...

Grouping columns in excel
H, I've used the grouping function in the past to make a series of columns collapsable. This has been very useful for reading and cross referencing in documents with lots of columns. Now I have a document with few columns, but each column is very wide. I want to give column its own plus and minus button so that I can close any column, or selection of columns, as I need. If I try to do this, unsurprisingkly with a feature called "group", all the columns are added to the first plus/minus button. Is there any way that I can give each column its own plus/minus button? Tha...

Select Excel files by formula
Each of my Excel file names is a customer's last name. I print reports with the customer name down the left side and information about that customer (for example: has a certain task been completed by the forecast date?) in multiple columns to the right of the customer name. Each column has a formula similar to the one below: =IF('[Smith.xls]Buyer Progress Record'! $B$12="failed","F",IF('[Smith.xls]Buyer Progress Record'! $N$28<>"?","---------",IF('[Smith.xls]Buyer Progress Record'!$M$28<$AA$2,"! ! ! ! !&...