'problem starting the Office Assistant'

Hello,

I know this is slightly off-topic but...

I'm using Excel from Office 2000 and am getting an error on startup
which I'd really like to get rid of:

- There was a problem starting the Office Assistant. Would you like to
try installing it?

I did try to re-install it but it didn't help.

Any tips on how to get rid of this would be welcome!

 Thanks!
0
Eric354 (3)

>From Excel, along the menu at top, click Help and de-select "Show the
Office Assistant".  I'm biting my tongue, trying to resist the urge to
editorialize about THAT particular piece of code.

0
CycleZen (674)
11/22/2005 2:51:30 AM
On 21 Nov 2005 18:51:30 -0800, "Dave O" <CycleZen@yahoo.com> wrote:

>>From Excel, along the menu at top, click Help and de-select "Show the
>Office Assistant".  I'm biting my tongue, trying to resist the urge to
>editorialize about THAT particular piece of code.

Man I wish it would be that easy to fix it!
Unfortunately Help does not have "Show the
Office Assistant" as selected.

And when I select "Show the
Office Assistant" I get the error message referred to in my original
message.

 This one goes a bit deeper than normal.

0
Eric354 (3)
11/23/2005 1:22:07 AM
On 21 Nov 2005 18:51:30 -0800, "Dave O" <CycleZen@yahoo.com> wrote:

>>From Excel, along the menu at top, click Help and de-select "Show the
>Office Assistant".  I'm biting my tongue, trying to resist the urge to
>editorialize about THAT particular piece of code.

  Hi Dave,

 I figured it out though (with MS's help nonetheless!)
I went into Setup Programs to Install/uninstall programs and selected
Office 2000. I went in and found an option to deselect the Office
Assistant there.

 I'm very relieved!   :)
Man was it starting to really bug me.

0
Eric354 (3)

Install and set up the Microsoft Office Project Add-in for Outlook
The language used by the add-in must match the language used by Outlook. For example, if Outlook uses Japanese, the add-in must also use Japanese,and If the languages do not match, the add-in will not work. How can I download Japanese add-in for Japanese outlook for Microsoft project server 2007 that installed in Engilish? Have you tried the Project Language Pack 2007 SP1? http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=d322ba67-b199-4503-8aff-6813b320d708 HTH "Bahram" <Bahram@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

Updated Office, now I'm no longer Registered
Help. I downloaded the Offixe X updates, and went to open Microsoft Word, and all of a sudden, its as if I was installing a brand new product, asking for my information, and product key (which of course, I can't find). Has anyone experienced this? Or, does anyone know if Macs store any kind of registry information? I appreciate any feedback! (other than "losing your registration key was reeeeeally smart!" :)) Thanks so much. Lisette On 12/23/06 11:58 AM, in article 1166903892.442462.51840@a3g2000cwd.googlegroups.com, "lisettea@mac.com" <lisettea@mac.com> wrot...

New Problem
In 2007: In a form I created a button, used the wizard to set it to go to next record when clicked. When I click it, I get this: The expression ON CLICK you entered as the event property setting produced the following error: Ambiguous name detected: PRINT_CLICK. Now, if I wrote the VBA/Macro, I could understand it not working if I made a mistake, but this button was generated by ACCESS and doesn't work. Same problem with Previous record button and Save Record button. Thanks in advance, Vito On 13 May 2010 16:00:59 GMT, Vito wrote: > In 2007: > > In ...

Authentication mode
Hi: Currently I have installed the MS CRM 1.2 Server on a server that host another application(sharepoint portal server & project server), this application requires SQL Authentication for work,but CRM requieres Windows Authentication Mode; at least the CRM implementacion guide document recommends this type of authentication, is there any way for work with both applications on same server ?. Microsoft CRM can work with SQL in mix mode authentication. Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm San Francisco, CA "Rafael Diaz" wrote: > Hi: > >...

Problems with Access 2000 reports in Access 2003
Hi, we have a sent out a 2000 format access database to a client running Access 2003. When trying to open any of the reports they get an error - "the openreport action was cancelled" - Not sure if they get this by running the report from the database window or if it's only when done through a form (buttons that run docmd.openreport when pressed). Is anyone aware of any issues that may be causing this? I couldn't find anything elsewhere on the MS site. Thanks - Angie P.S. the reports work fine in 2000 and XP. ...

Cannot Start Outlook #2
I have just run the auomatic windows update on my local PC and now Outlook 2000 will not start. It just hangs at the splash screen. Outlook is configured to connect to Exchange. Other PCs on the same Lan which have not been updated can still connect. The updates installed were 824141, 823182, 826232, 825119, 828035, 828749. I have unistalled all of these updates and Outlook still will not start. Any ideas? Does it start if you run this command from the command line, go to Start > Run > type "outlook /safe" without the quotes but with the space before the Forward slash &...

Cusotm Office 2007 install for English, Spanish, & Chinese users
Hi, I'm working on creating a custom install of Office 2007 for my various sites. These sites include users that speak English, Spanish and Chinese. I am a bit confused on how to use language packs in order to provide multi-lingual support. From my understanding, I need to download the Spanish and Chinese language pack and place the .msp files in the Updates folder on my network install point? Does this mean when office gets installed on a Chinese computer it will be in Chinese automatically? Or does the user need to "flip a switch" to make it Chinese language? The ...

MS Office
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have Student Teacher version 2008. I have MS Office installed on three different MAC's with three individual codes (Allows for three installs). When MS Office is running on my wife's MAC Book, and I run it my iMAC, I get an error message that I'm exceeding the licenses. I'm not. How do I get this to stop?? <xVVAtc@officeformac.com> wrote: > I have Student Teacher version 2008. I have MS Office installed on three > different MAC's with three individual codes (Allows for three insta...

OFFSET problems in dynamic range
Hi, I'm having the strangest problem with the OFFSET function. I have 5 dynamic ranges in my worksheet. Aimline =OFFSET('Weekly ORF'!$F$4,1,0,COUNTA('Weekly ORF'$F:$F)-1,1) Sessions =OFFSET ('Weekly ORF'!$D$4,1,0,COUNTA('Weekly ORF'$E:$E)-1,1) WCPM =OFFSET ('Weekly ORF'!$G$4,1,0,COUNTA('Weekly ORF'$G:$G)-1,1) Date =OFFSET ('Weekly ORF'!Aimline,0,-1) Date2 =OFFSET ('Weekly ORF'!WCPM,0,-1) The problem is that the two names for Date and Date2 keep reverting to =OFFSET ('Excel Template.xls'!Aimline,0,-1) and =OFFSET (&#...

OnGetMinMaxInfo problem
Hi, I added an OnMinMaxInfo() function to my dialog so i can set the minimum tracking width and height for my dialog, I added this prototype to my dialog class: afx_msg void OnGetMinMaxInfo(MINMAXINFO* lpMMI); Then I added this function to set the min and max values: void CMessDlg::OnGetMinMaxInfo(MINMAXINFO* lpMMI) { POINT min; min.x = 200; min.y = 200; lpMMI->ptMinTrackSize = min; CDialog::OnGetMinMaxInfo(lpMMI); } It compiles but i can still resize the dialog to a smaller width/height, Any help would be apreciated :) Thx in advance, Thomas "Thomas" <Da_QuiK@fake...

out of office to internet
We r using sbs2003. Out of office only works internally even I've enabled out of office responses for internet from System Manager. any idea is appreciated.. In ESM, under Global Settings/Internet Message Formats. kazi wrote: > We r using sbs2003. Out of office only works internally even I've enabled out > of office responses for internet from System Manager. > > any idea is appreciated.. -- Text from most Windows dialogs can be copied to clipboard with Ctrl-INS. Free productivity applications suit - www.openoffice.org Free Internet calling - www.skype.com Free SQ...

Urgent Question Please Help: Credit Card Setup Problem
We have an urgent question regarding credit card setup/cash receipts/bank rec We understand that in Great Plains when setting up a Credit Card to be used by a Customer, it must be setup as a "Bank Card", not a "Charge Card", in order for the transaction to hit Bank Rec. However, we mistakenly setup all the Credit Cards as "Charge Cards", therefore after posting Credit Card Cash Receipt transactions in Receivables, the transaction does not appear in Bank Rec for us to perform Bank Deposits. Please Please Help!!! Is there any way to "fix" those pos...

Problem running MS CRM 3.0 over SSL (https)
I have setup an install of Microsoft CRM 3.0 on a high spec Windows 2003 Small Business Server and it all worked happily. I then generated an SSL certificate and applied it to the site in IIS. Initially when you load CRM (using the web client) it loads the left hand menu and navigation panes and shows the top menus and the user which is logged in however to main content area remains blank. After a time out period the error "An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator" appears. The strange thing is you can navigate the menus etc and even edit...

Downloading process for Office Standard 2007 online
I experienced a severe computer failure and when it was repaired, I lost my installed programs. I need to get back on Outlook and Word, but only have the program key for the Office Standard 2007 program. How do I get to the screen where I can input my program key to get the process started? You need the Office installation cd in order to reinstall "Jack" <Clear@view.com> wrote in message news:8777DDC2-9BED-4B0D-8EC0-F1A35D5DE37C@microsoft.com... >I experienced a severe computer failure and when it was repaired, I lost my > installed programs. I need to get...

WindowsCE problems
I have some problems building application for Pocket PC (MDA1), maybe someone could help me. I have these two problems: -I need to create modal dialog box, but after creation sometimes I need to access it (in response to system calls) and show some messages... what is the best way to access modal dialog box while it's running? -is there a way to change colors of single items in list-view control ? Currently, when I'm using SetTextColor before each InsertItem, color changes but for all items in list-view (CListCtrl) :\ Is there way make this work? I'm using Microsoft eMbedded Visu...

e-mail address for the office
I need to have one e-mail address for all office use. There are 2 ways. If a make alias - distribution group I can get e-mail, but when I Reply mesg then it's going from user mailing address (not from office@...). 2nd way. I made extra user with e-mail address office@..., I gave rights for this user accnt and this address to users accounts (as addictional mailboxes). I'm getting messages on this acc, but when I'm trying to send something, I don't have permission. Give yourself full mailbox access, send as, and receive as, to be able to open mailbox in Outlook as additio...

Draft Folder problem #2
I'm running outlook 2000. My draft folder is called draft1. Can't seem to rename it! There isn't a folder named draft so what's happening? Isn't a big problem, but I should be able to solve it and I can't. Help. Thanks in advance Peter You could try to start Outlook from the run line with the /resetfoldernames switch. Start-->Run outlook.exe /resetfoldernames Reference: http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/assistance/HP010031101033.aspx "Peter Brown" <peter.jennifer@gmail.com> wrote in message news:TErag.449$TF.2645@news-1.opaltelecom.net... &...

Out of Office Assiatance issues
Hi all, One of our users (UserA) is having issues receiving an Out of Office confirmation email when he emails a particular user (UserB). For test purposes I emailed this users (UserB) and received the out of office response. The UserA is able to receive other emails and there is no mailbox size restriction in place. What else can be done to investigate and resolve this issue. Version of Outlook the user is using is Microsoft Outlook 2002 ( 10.2627.2625 ) no Service Pack. "Leon" <ap76_at_email.com> wrote in message news:eRH1U3JdEHA.1764@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi a...

Problem of ghost unread posts?
Hi All! I'm using Outlook Express. Three times today I'm seeing unread posts reported that can't be found. Synchronizing doesn't cure the problem. When I use Edit > Mark All Read I get an OE hang up. Ctrl + Alt + Del > End Task Return to News and the ghost has gone. Anyone else? Cause? Solution? Not critical but annoying. I wonder if it's a remains of a spam that's been removed before I read it. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available fr...

Office Standard 2003, no more activations left by phone or online
I have used all of my activations, online and by phone. Am I out of luck and need to purchase a new key? Is there a way around this? If its a retail version you can install as often as you like providing you dont exceed the number of *working* PC's its licensed for. If an oem version its only licensed for the origonal PC "BettyBlue" <BettyBlue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A099EC53-A617-4083-83F7-889AECFFAD01@microsoft.com... >I have used all of my activations, online and by phone. Am I out of luck >and > need to purchase a new...

Problem Sending Mail w/Outlook 2002
I receive and send a lot of email using Outlook 2002 and my Gmail account with no problem. However, I have two friends to whom I send emails that are always returned. I get an error message like this: Technical details of permanent failure: PERM_FAILURE: SMTP Error (state 9): 550 Invalid recipient: However, if I send the emails to them directly from Gmail, they go through just fine. Can anyone explain why they fail with Outlook? Pat This sounds like an issue with the SMTP server you have setup in outlook - not outlook itself. "patetc" <PatETC@gmail.com> wrote in messag...

Open outlook express eml files with Office Outlook
How can I get my Microsoft Outlook e-mail software to open a Outlook Express .eml file save on a network. My objective is to be able to double click the .eml file or drag and drop it into my Microsoft Outlook application. Thank you, LS Lance <llscott@csicable.net> wrote: > How can I get my Microsoft Outlook e-mail software to > open a Outlook Express .eml file save on a network. My > objective is to be able to double click the .eml file or > drag and drop it into my Microsoft Outlook application. You have to open in with Outlook Express and then move it to Outlook fro...

Software Distribution
Hi, I try to install software using msi with mst. Software supplier told that I must run msi two times. First for some options and secound for another ( language option ). I try solve this with two way: 1) Add two mst to one package. I prepare mst with ORCA. After add secound mst and click OK i got error: "An error occurred accessing the software installation data in the active directory" and event log: Event id 110: Software Installation was unable to generate the script for \\dc\client.msi. The following error was encountered: Error applying transforms. Veri...

installing all clipart to hard drive in Office Professional
I want to install the whold clip art gallery to the hard drive. When it was installed some of the clip art is accessible with out putting in the orginal cd but I would prefer to have all of it on the hard drive. Which version of Publisher are you using? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "ggr" <ggr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EBF70A74-DF7F-431B-A2D8-BF4825F6CB9A@microsoft.com... >I want to install the whold clip art gallery to the hard drive. When it >was > installed some of the clip art is accessible with out putting in the >...