"Print Titles" in Excel is disabled. How to enable it?

The "Print Titles" while doing Print preview for an Excel worksheet(s) is
coming as disabled. I am unable to select row(s) and/or column(s) to repeat
on every page while printing. What should be done to enable this?
0
Ravi (33)

That option is always disabled in the print preview.
Use the Page Setup command in rhe File menu.

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Ravi" <Ravi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The "Print Titles" while doing Print preview for an Excel worksheet(s) is
> coming as disabled. I am unable to select row(s) and/or column(s) to
> repeat
> on every page while printing. What should be done to enable this?

0
nicolaus (2022)
7/19/2005 7:31:23 AM
Thanks,
It worked - quite simple.

Regards,
Ravi

"Niek Otten" wrote:

> That option is always disabled in the print preview.
> Use the Page Setup command in rhe File menu.
>
> --
> Kind regards,
>
> Niek Otten
>
> Microsoft MVP - Excel
>
> "Ravi" <Ravi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > The "Print Titles" while doing Print preview for an Excel worksheet(s) is
> > coming as disabled. I am unable to select row(s) and/or column(s) to
> > repeat
> > on every page while printing. What should be done to enable this?

0
Ravi (33)
7/19/2005 4:15:05 PM
Wow.  Grrr!  thanks, I never would have known!

"Niek Otten" wrote:

> That option is always disabled in the print preview.
> Use the Page Setup command in rhe File menu.
>
> --
> Kind regards,
>
> Niek Otten
>
> Microsoft MVP - Excel
>
> "Ravi" <Ravi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > The "Print Titles" while doing Print preview for an Excel worksheet(s) is
> > coming as disabled. I am unable to select row(s) and/or column(s) to
> > repeat
> > on every page while printing. What should be done to enable this?

Print Titles
-- MM ...

print titles won't appear on some pages
i want to repeat some columns and rows for titles and labels on every page of my worksheet...........no problem with the column titles coz it appear on every page....my problem is with the rows coz it DOESN'T appear on the succeeding pages when I've already declared these rows as print titles on the sheet tab in the page set-up. help...... Hi amzy i would check the paper size settings in both my default printer (file / print / click on properties button - somewhere in there, each printer is different ... ) and under file / page setup in excel Cheers JulieD "amzy19"...

Print titles
Can anyone tell me why I am unable to select this option in the print dialogue - it's unselectable! I just want to repeat the column headings on each page... Do you have grouped sheets (i.e., does your title bar have "[Group]" after the workbook name)? If so, ungroup the sheets and apply the print titles to each individual sheet. In article <00da01c425b4$14709500$7d02280a@phx.gbl>, "Carla" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Can anyone tell me why I am unable to select this option > in the print dialogue - it's unselectable! >...

Page Setup: Sheet: Print Titles: Rows to Repeat at top
In excel I am getting different results when I go to set up a page for printing and I don't understand why. In the page setup dialog on the sheet tab there is a section labeled Print Titles, and there is a selection area for selecting rows to repeat at the top of a page, say for column headers. On some worksheets I can edit this and choose the rows, while on other worksheets this feature appears to be disabled. I am at a loss to understand how the worksheets are different or how to get back the control on those worksheets where this is disabled. Can anyone help me on this? Than...

Why is the Print Titles option in Page Setup:Sheet greyed out?
I am trying to print the column labels on each of a 10 page list. When I go to Page Setup, then the Sheet tab, the items under Print Titles are greyed out. i.e. I can't enter a row for the "Rows to Repeat at Top" option. Anyone know why? Can't find anything in the help file. Thanks, Tim timz Wrote: > I am trying to print the column labels on each of a 10 page list. When > go > to Page Setup, then the Sheet tab, the items under Print Titles ar > greyed > out. i.e. I can't enter a row for the "Rows to Repeat at Top" option. > > Anyone...

"Print Titles" in Excel is disabled. How to enable it?
The "Print Titles" while doing Print preview for an Excel worksheet(s) is coming as disabled. I am unable to select row(s) and/or column(s) to repeat on every page while printing. What should be done to enable this? That option is always disabled in the print preview. Use the Page Setup command in rhe File menu. -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Ravi" <Ravi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8916AA2A-87A3-4FB1-A7C8-79B2B94F2DD2@microsoft.com... > The "Print Titles" while doing Print preview for an Excel worksheet(s)...

"Print Titles" Disabled
The "Print Titles" option on the "Page Setup" - "Sheet" tab is disabled, or greyed out in my Excel 2002 SP-2. Anyone know why? Without it I don't know how to repeat the column headers on each printed page. They're disable if you try to get to them via print preview. But File|page setup should work ok. AlbemarleMike wrote: > > The "Print Titles" option on the "Page Setup" - "Sheet" tab is disabled, or > greyed out in my Excel 2002 SP-2. Anyone know why? Without it I don't know > how to repeat the colum...

Excel Printing Problem
Hi folks, I am trying to use the "Print area" and "Print Title" selectors on the Sheet Tab of Page Setup but they are greyed out. How can I make them active. I have the same problem on two different computers each running Office 2000 Pro and one with a Windows 2000 Pro OS and the other with a Windows XP Pro OS Any tips on how to rectify this would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks in advance Doug You probably try to do that from the Print Preview menu. Doesn't work. Use File>Page Setup instead. -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "John" <eewrwe...

Print titles
The "print titles" option under page setup/sheet is grayed out. How can I get it to work since I have multiple sheets that I need to carry over the titles when I print out the sheets? The titles I need are not in the first column or row. I see how it is done if it was available. GA -- My address is spoofed, so do not reply directly. If you are accessing Page Setup from the Print Preview screen, thos options will be grayed out. You need to access it from the main menu File>Page Setup | Sheet. Does this work for you -- swatsp0 -------------------------------------------...

Excel print titles
I have a 12 mth spreadhseet with Jan to Dec running left to right. On the very right I have a Totals column. in col A I have names I have set Print titles for Col A as well as rows 1 to 3 I have the page breaks set for each three month quarterly grouping. Is there some way that I can get the "TOTALS" column (Which is on the last page) to also print as a "Title" column but on the right hand side of each of the preceding 3 pages? Thanks I_AMCDN@HOTMAIL.COM No sure that I understand your layout or the content but if your Total is in Cell M15 couldn't you u...

Print titles must be contiguous and complete rows or columns
I have a workbook in which I need to print all the pages, with continuous page numbering... I can usually select all sheets and print them, but I have some workbooks that won't even go into print-preview, and get the following error message: 'Print titles must be contiguous and complete rows or columns' I know that this can be because of incorrect entries in 'Rows to repeat at top', or 'Columns to repeat at left' but none of my sheets have anything at all in either box. I believe that it can also be because of embedded objects with the wrong pr...

Why is the Print Titles section grayed out?
When I try to set the top row of my spreadsheet, to Print Titles section is grayed out. Some items on that dialog are disabled if you're in PrintPreview mode. Or if you have multiple worksheets grouped and go through File|page setup. Cindy N wrote: > > When I try to set the top row of my spreadsheet, to Print Titles section is > grayed out. -- Dave Peterson Thanks, Dave. That was it. I was in preview. "Dave Peterson" wrote: > Some items on that dialog are disabled if you're in PrintPreview mode. > > Or if you have multiple worksheets grou...

Print titles must be contiguous and complete rows or columns
Excel 2003 - Printing titles - I'm Getting "Print titles must be contiguous and complete rows or columns" when I select more then one rows to repeat print on everypage. What am I doing wrong. Hi SG- Make sure to click the Row Number of the row containing the content to reprint. If more than one row, they must be consecutive (1,2,3 not just 1 & 3). It may also help to drag or Shift+Click to select multiple rows -- make sure to _not_ use the Ctrl key. If this still does not work, it may be that the row you are selecting contains merged cells from more than one row. HT...

Cannot print titles (top row) even though worksheets not grouped
Even though my workbook only has one sheet, which means I don't have any grouping, I am still unable to use Page Setup->Sheet->Print Titles. This option is always dimmed. How can I correct this situation? Thanks. Hi Elson Don't know if you use File>Page Setup or the Printpreview ? But It is not working if you are in printpreview . -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "Elson" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:044b01c3ef5c$0c706cb0$3a01280a@phx.gbl... > Even though my workbook only has ...

Print Titles
Hi, I need some help please. I have a sheet with lists of peoples names and other specific data. I'm able to sort these and sub-total them into groups of the same name and print these on separate pages. I've set up a header so it prints at the top of every page through "print titles". This is fine and I'm happy with this. What I'm trying to do is to have the name of the person in the "header" that appears at the top every page. But how? Many thanks MM Are all these groups on the same worksheet? If so, you are allowed only one &qu...

Print Titles won't appear as wanted
I really need help for this problem. I already fill in row number 1-3 a my print titles in the page setup menu but everytime i print out m worksheet row number 5-7 always on top instead of 1-3. Anyone please help -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Maybe I'm missing something but, do you actually have anything in Rows 1->3? -- Regards; Rob ------------------------------------------------------------------------ "taylorv" <taylorv.yrqda@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:taylorv.yrqda@excelforum-nospam.com... > I really need help for this p...

Print Titles greyed out in print preview
Hi. I can go underneath page setup and use the Print Titles option (under sheet) fine. When I go into print preview, then go to setup, it is greyed out all of a sudden. Seems to happen with any file, one sheet or multiple. Using Excel 2K. Anyone have an explantion of why this is happening? Thanks Print Titles and Print Area cannot be changed while in Print Preview mode. That's the way Excel works. HTH, Gary Brown >-----Original Message----- >Hi. I can go underneath page setup and use the Print >Titles option (under sheet) fine. When I go into print >preview, then go ...

Print titles #2
In Excel 2002 I would like to have the first two rows show only once at the top of the first page of any printout. I used $1:$2 but it doesn't work as it did in my old Excel 5. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Roger Roger To have the top two rows print only on the first page, do not set "Rows to repeat at top". Leave it blank or they will print on every page. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 05:44:48 GMT, rb10@canada.com (Roger Bedford) wrote: > >In Excel 2002 I would like to have the first two rows show only once at the >top of the fi...

Print Titles Disabled
The "Print Titles" option on the "Page Setup" - "Sheet" tab are disabled, or "greyed out" in my Excel version 2002-SP2. Anyone know why? They're disable if you try to get to them via print preview. But File|page setup should work ok. AlbemarleMike wrote: > > The "Print Titles" option on the "Page Setup" - "Sheet" tab are disabled, or > "greyed out" in my Excel version 2002-SP2. Anyone know why? -- Dave Peterson ec35720@netscape.com Also disabled if two or more sheets are selected(grouped). ...

Print Titles: "Rows to repeat at top:" option is greyed out.
The "Rows to repeat at top:" and "Columns to repeat at left:" options are both greyed out in the sheet tab in the print settings menu. Any idea why or how to fix? (using Excel 2000 SP3) Hi do you have grouped sheets (e.g. do you see [grouped] in the caption ) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "pgrams" <pgrams@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:838607DB-BB55-4A17-8783-048FE87FC328@microsoft.com... > The "Rows to repeat at top:" and "Columns to repeat at left:" options are > both greyed out in the sheet...