#N/A error with VLOOKUP

My VLOOKUP was working fine, but now I have added some text boxes and
pictures around the sheet itself. I have allowed for the extra column, but
the VLOOKUP isn't working anymore.
Does it not like pictures? I haven't included these in the area it is
looking at, so it shouldn't get confused.
Unlike me...
--
Michelle Tucker

Hi Michelle

the #NA error can occur when the VLOOKUP has nothing to lookup ... so my
first suggestion would be to check that the VLOOKUP is still referencing the
correct cells in your workbook.

if that doesn't help, please post your exact VLOOKUP statement and what
you're looking up and what it looks like in the lookup table.

Cheers
JulieD

"Michelle Tucker" <MichelleTucker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:E8E98194-881E-495B-B994-27673EE8D4C9@microsoft.com...
> My VLOOKUP was working fine, but now I have added some text boxes and
> pictures around the sheet itself. I have allowed for the extra column, but
> the VLOOKUP isn't working anymore.
> Does it not like pictures? I haven't included these in the area it is
> looking at, so it shouldn't get confused.
> Unlike me...
> --
> Michelle Tucker

0
JulieD1 (2295)
12/14/2004 12:08:23 PM
Michelle,

The pictures and textboxes shouldn't make any difference as VLOOKUP just
looks at cells, and those objects don't reside in cells.

Give some details of your data and the formula(s).

--

HTH

RP

"Michelle Tucker" <MichelleTucker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:E8E98194-881E-495B-B994-27673EE8D4C9@microsoft.com...
> My VLOOKUP was working fine, but now I have added some text boxes and
> pictures around the sheet itself. I have allowed for the extra column, but
> the VLOOKUP isn't working anymore.
> Does it not like pictures? I haven't included these in the area it is
> looking at, so it shouldn't get confused.
> Unlike me...
> --
> Michelle Tucker

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
12/14/2004 12:10:16 PM
Don't know why it's working now, but it is, so not a problem!!!

"JulieD" wrote:

> Hi Michelle
>
> the #NA error can occur when the VLOOKUP has nothing to lookup ... so my
> first suggestion would be to check that the VLOOKUP is still referencing the
> correct cells in your workbook.
>
> if that doesn't help, please post your exact VLOOKUP statement and what
> you're looking up and what it looks like in the lookup table.
>
> Cheers
> JulieD
>

> "Michelle Tucker" <MichelleTucker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:E8E98194-881E-495B-B994-27673EE8D4C9@microsoft.com...
> > My VLOOKUP was working fine, but now I have added some text boxes and
> > pictures around the sheet itself. I have allowed for the extra column, but
> > the VLOOKUP isn't working anymore.
> > Does it not like pictures? I haven't included these in the area it is
> > looking at, so it shouldn't get confused.
> > Unlike me...
> > --
> > Michelle Tucker

It's started working, but don't know why. Oh well, fingers crossed!

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

> Michelle,
>
> The pictures and textboxes shouldn't make any difference as VLOOKUP just
> looks at cells, and those objects don't reside in cells.
>
> Give some details of your data and the formula(s).
>
> --
>
> HTH
>
> RP
>

> "Michelle Tucker" <MichelleTucker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:E8E98194-881E-495B-B994-27673EE8D4C9@microsoft.com...
> > My VLOOKUP was working fine, but now I have added some text boxes and
> > pictures around the sheet itself. I have allowed for the extra column, but
> > the VLOOKUP isn't working anymore.
> > Does it not like pictures? I haven't included these in the area it is
> > looking at, so it shouldn't get confused.
> > Unlike me...
> > --
> > Michelle Tucker

Server Error "/" Application
Whenever i am submitting datas i get an error popping up in xml parsing. It requests to change validateRequest=false. Where to do it? Or what might be the problem? That setting is located in the machine.config. The path will be something like this. C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\CONFIG Hope this helps. >-----Original Message----- >Whenever i am submitting datas i get an error popping up >in xml parsing. It requests to change >validateRequest=false. Where to do it? > >Or what might be the problem? > > >. > ...

Runtime Error #11
When opening Outlook, I get a Runtime Error stating this application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way. The only optionis to click on OK, and the program closes. If I re-open it, it opens fine. Any ideas on how I can get rid of the error? ...

Error setting Rowsource using VBA for Chart
I have a report that contains an unbound Microsoft Graph Chart. I want the chart's row source to be set based on a query plus some user input from a previous screen. I've tried putting the code in the Activate() Event, Open() Event, and Page() event and I get errors on all of them. The Activate and Open events don't even seem to see my report and I'm thinking it's because it's not technically "open" at the time they run...? The Page event gives me a different error that I can't set the Rowsource property after "printing" has started (I...

Failed to add SAN LUNs to DPM, VDS error
Hi , team,need your advice: I have a DPM 2007 ,patched to .8844, installed on win2008,with RAID5. now it runs out of disk. So I am trying add a few luns from IBM SAN for it. In Diskmgmt, it takes for ever to display. In DPM console, I succesfully added the first LUN ,no error. But for the 2nd, 3rd,4th,all failed toadd with "The operation failed due to a virtual disk service error", ID 360. Can you advise how to resolve it?Thanks! KF This is an error returned by the VDS service. It is something external of DPM. http://www.bing.com/search?q=vds+error+360 Thanks, -f...

Unspecified Error
Hi all, I am using Visio 2007 in my application using VB.NET. Applications run normally on any machine which has licensed version of Visio 2007 but if I run the same application on machine which has Trial version of Visio 2007 Visio control throws "Unspecified Error". I even tried to add control through code but it gives the same error. Is there any way to check either installed Visio Version is Trial or not? Thanks Asif ------=_NextPart_0001_7A88E2B1 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit If you are still looking for resources on this question, there is an ...

Next TRX number error
I'm able to create a batch but once I try to calculate my batches I receive this error. Next TRX number in control file is invalid. Pleae verify the Next TRX number and try again. Is there a check in place I can do to fix this? Are you using the Canadian Payroll module? Look at Knowledgebase article #856366 "Richard" wrote: > I'm able to create a batch but once I try to calculate my batches I receive > this error. Next TRX number in control file is invalid. Pleae verify the Next > TRX number and try again. Is there a check in place I can do to fix this? Tha...

Outlook.exe generating errors
Can anyone help me. Whilst in email, if I click on the Outlook Shortcuts button and then click on My Documents and attempt to open a document within My Documents, I get the error message "Outlook.exe has generated erros and will be shutdown". Originally this used to come up with a Dr Watson log file error which I have managed to clear, but this other one has flumoxed me. Many thanks Ann ...

Integration Manager Error Messages
Hi, I seem to be having a number of issues with Integration manager of late. The most recent is an error stating: This integration cannot be run because of the following problems(s): Source queries are not ready to execute: Query 'GP6 Vendor Master' cannot be executed until the following problem is corrected: Data source _<Company Name> returned empty table list. This problem has happened recently and there have been no changes to the configuration of the system. Does anyone have any insight into what can cause such an error. Thanks Grant ...

Public Stores errors
I have a public folder store error that occurs each time I try to mount the database. THe error is: The store could not be mounted because the Active Directory information was not replicated yet. The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service could not find the specified object. ID no:c1041722 I have change the permission according to article 823022. I can't place my finger on it but it's like there is something with AD or IIS that's stopping my from mounting the public store database. Here are the rights: Administrators: Full Control Authenticated Users: Read and Ex...

"! Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server reported error (0x8004010f): 'The operation f
All, Thanks in advance for the help....... ISSUE: I have just setup a new exchange server 2003 to join our existing domain. All seems to work just fine. I was able to migrate users, send and receive emails. However, when users press F9 or SEND/RECEIVE, they get the following errror message: "! Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server reported error (0x8004010f): 'The operation failed. An object could not be found.'" I tried to rebuild (see steps below) but didn't help: Goto Recipients->Offline Address Lists->Default Offline Address list, right click and select...

vlookup(date, range,3)
Hello Group, I am doing a vlookup on a date, I will take the closest date, so have not used the last parameter. It returns the last date in the list always. Both the date in the Lookup and in the table are type = 1, a number. Am I missing something here or is it not possible to do this? Thanks, David >I will take the closest date, so have not used the last parameter. >vlookup(date, range,3) >It returns the last date in the list always. When you omit the range_lookup argument the table_array *must* be sorted by the date in ascending order. The "closest"...

OWA Error : -2147023569
Hi - I am getting the follwoing error when trying to implement password change. Everything configured as indicated in MS KB article but when I go into OWA and attempt the change, I get - Error number: -2147023569 Odd this is, If the new password doesn't match, I get a page that says - Passwords Don't Match. So I know at least part of the functionality is there. Any help would be appreciated. Using Windows Calculator in Scientific mode, I enter that code and change to hex, and it translates to 8007052F. Google that code and you'll get some interesting and perhaps useful...

Messaging Interface Error #2
Have Windows XP home edition running Outlook 2000. Just starting getting message "messaging interface has returned unknown error. If the problem persist restart Outlook." I have done everthing I can think of except reinstall Outlook. I cannot delete or move messages.I have done the 'detect and repair", the scanpst.exe, restarted Outlook a number of times. I have put in the Office 2000 disk to repair and that has help. My folders are way less than the 2gb. I tried the MS knownledge base, no solution there. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advan...

Error Encountered when importing customizations after upgrade to CRM4.0
Hi people! I have just done an upgrade for a client from CRM 3.0 to CRM 4.0. Following that, i tried imported my customizations into the upgraded system. However i encountered the error message: "Failure: contact-invoice: This attribute map is invalid. A valid attribute map must meet these requirements&#58;&#13;&#10;-&#9;The data type must match.&#13;&#10;-&#9;The length of the target attribute cannot be shorter than the source attribute.&#13;&#10;-&#9;The format should match.&#13;&#10;-&#9;The target attribute must not b...

Exit error
I have just converted an Access 97 mdb to Access 2003. In my application I have a MainMenu form (using a modified switchboard). The form has an Exit button to quit Access. It uses the code; Application.Quit acQuitPrompt (was Application.Quit acSaveYes in Access 97) This always used to work just fine and apart from changing the option "acSaveYes " to "acQuitPrompt " I have not changed anything else in the code. However, when I click the Exit button I now get Error 91 (object not set... etc.). I have also tried changing Application.Quit acQuitPrompt to Dcmd.Quit but I ...

Error sending mail OUTLOOK 2002
Each time I attempt to send an email I receive the message TCP/IP connection was unexpectedly terminated by the server. Error number 0x800ccc0f. Any ideas of what I've done to cause this message. Antivirus or Firewall? Click start, run, enter MSCONFIG, click OK. Change from Normal to Selective startup. Uncheck and disable the 4th option, Load startup items. Click Apply, close, and restart. Open Outlook and test. If it works, Click start, run, enter MSCONFIG, click OK. Go to the Startup tab at the top, Enter everything but your antivirus and/or Firewall software. Norton 2002 = NAVAPW32 (...

Error Number 80040E14
Hello, I am getting this error number in the CRM error page, when i try to redirect a request to an URL.The URL when opened separately works fine. The error look up page in the CRM MSDN does not contain any entry for this number. Any idea on what this error is? Regards, Venkat ...

SchedulePlusFreeBusy
Hello, I am running exchange 2000 SP3 and I am receiving daily the following message: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeFBPublish Event Category: General Event ID: 8275 Description: SchedulePlusFreeBusy folder could not be opened for duplicate message deletion on virtual machine SERVER1. The error number is 0x80040005. I have re-installed the public store from scratch but I am still getting the same error. Any ideas? Thanks, Frank van Niele. Hello, Did you find solution to this problem? I have the same... with Ex2k3 SP1... Regards... "Frank van Niele" wrote: > H...

msimn error
my outlook gives the error: "Msimn has caused an error in DIRECTDB.DLL. Msimn will now close. If you continue to experience problems, try restarting your computer." any ideas, its a windowsME compaq laptop.i have already re-installed the system and updated the antivirus. ...

Error 0x8004010a
Anybody know what this is? We're using Outlook 2002, and we can send messages out fine, but not recieve. When I hit the send/recieve button it goes up to 50%, then sits there for a while, then gives me a "sending and receiving report error 0x8004010a". Don What sort of mail account do you have? That message means that an object that Outlook was trying to access was deleted. Do you perhaps have some anti-virus or anti-spam software installed that could be doing something to messages as they're received? -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided...

Errors in queue jobs

Error trying to install
Installing OL2002 on Win98se machine - Software came with an Viewsonic V36 (They won't support becaseit is not thier software - MS wants $35 to look at the problem). Get error 1919 concerning ODBC MS ACCESS database. Please help... ...

loadsim error not seeing exchange server
I installed loadsim on an XP client. The outlook client on the client can connect to the exchange server (exchange 2003 on windows 2003 cluster) and get mail. However the loadsim 2003 topology property can not see the exchange server. The error message is: Apr 19 15:36:29: ERROR: Failed searching in CN=First Organization,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=poc,DC=local: No Such Object Apr 19 15:36:29: Running with Outlook version 11.0.5604.0. Apr 19 15:36:29: Protocol DLL ("loadout.dll") initialized successfully. Apr 19 15:36:29: LoadSim initialized. Maxim...

Exchange 5.5 SP3 install errors
Hi group Thanks for the help with moving my E 5.5 to the new server. It was moved from NT4 box to W2K. I knew Microsoft only supports E 5.5 on W2K server starting from E 5.5 SP3 so I decided to go ahead and update the Exchange to SP3. I stopped the services, made an offline backup and restarted the services. Then I slipped in a CD with E 5.5 SP3 and run the update.exe. Everything went fine (install was successful and Exchange is up and running so far) exept 3 error messages I recieved during SP3 installation. They were same but for different files: "Can not update file -in use by ano...

Error form control XXXcontrol is not a member of form
Visual Studio 2008 vb.Net .net 3.5 I have a solution in a directory called c:\HereIam\webSiteName\websiteName It compiles and publishes perfectly. I created a new solution in c:\mySrc\websiteName\websiteName I copied all the files from c:\HereIam\webSiteName except the solution & project (vbproj & vbproj.user) files. I am adding each page to the NEW solution one by one. As long as the NEW solution only contains hyperlinks it compiles perfectly. As soon as I add pages that contain controls it get the error: Error 1 'hdnIsFirstTimeThru' is not a mem...