"links" tutorials

Dear All,

It is very critical for my business to learn the basics
and the backbone of links in Excel. Are there any
tutorials or articles that gives wealth of information
about MS Excel links? (in Excel 9.0.6)

Web addresses are also welcome.

You can also post to my e-mail above.

Thank you in advance.

Mustafa

Hi Mustafa,
 You have additional answers in  excel.links

You have asked the same question several times  in the Excel
newsgroups.  Basically you are not reaching more people but
are asking the same people who may visit different newsgroups
at different times.   Please stick to one newsgroup and one thread,
so that you can get the best answer and not waste other people's time
including your own.   If you don't like the answer you get somewhere
then make your question less ambiguous or more explicit that usually
helps.
---
HTH,

"Mustafa" <mustafa_sapmaz@lycos.nl> wrote in message news:1b17701c44f7c$a48efdb0$a101280a@phx.gbl...
> Dear All,
>
> It is very critical for my business to learn the basics
> and the backbone of links in Excel. Are there any
> tutorials or articles that gives wealth of information
> about MS Excel links? (in Excel 9.0.6)
>
> Web addresses are also welcome.
>
> You can also post to my e-mail above.
>
> Thank you in advance.
>
> Mustafa

0
dmcritchie (2586)

Links won't break
What a mess! I saved a workbook (old) as another name (new). I then changed the new workbook as necessary, but it seems to think I'm linking to the old workbook. I have used the <edit, link, break links> in the workbook, and it seems to be ok for a moment, and then seems to link back to the old workbook. I have no idea what's going on.... In addition to this problem, the arrow keys are now moving the entire sheet up/down, right/left, instead of moving to a different cell. Can someone explain what I need to do to make the new workbook unrelated to any other workbook And wha...

how do I unblock links in email mesages received in Outlook?
LInks in emails in Outlook are blocked-they will not iopen What happens when you try? A common error begins 'restrictions in effect... ' - for this problem, see http://slipstick.me/restrict -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Poll: What version of Outlook do you us...

E-mail with web links never arrive at destination
Every time I insert a web address in an e-mail, it never seems to arrive at its intended destination. I've even tried forwarding them to my other address and a hotmail address. Any ideas? My MS OE 6 is set up for HTML mail. Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Good Luck! -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related...

excel and links
We have a number of excel files that have links to other files , but the links are not used. However, the links are causing the files to be 10 times larger than the actual data. Is there a way to easily remove links from an excel file to reduce the size? Jim, Bill Manville (Excel MVP) has an addin that find and optionally deletes links. His addin is located in the Office Forum in CompuServe or you can find it with this URL under Bill Manville. http://www.bmsltd.co.uk/MVP/MVPPage.asp Best regards, Kevin "JIm" <jsample@northportpm.com> wrote in message news:0ebc01c37e2...

Help links in Outlook Don't Work
When I click on a link in Outlook help section nothing works. The space on the right hand side of the help page is totally blank. What can I do to fix this? Thanks in advance. Candy Have you run Office Diagnostics from the Help menu? Do you have Offline = content enabled? Were you querying Online content while disconnected = from the Web? --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 "Candy" <Candy@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

Any good links on the limitations of Outlook 2003 Rules Wizard?
I'm trying to see if there's a way to allow my user's to exceed the typical 50 rules limit, when using Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2003. 32k Limit is still in affect. No changes. -- Martin Blackstone MVP - Exchange http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm http://www.swinc.com/resource/e2kfaq_appxc.htm "Robert Gordon" <Robert_Gordon@nospam.perlegen.com> wrote in message news:esgfK5NGEHA.3856@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I'm trying to see if there's a way to allow my user's to exceed the typical > 50 rules limit, when using Outlook 2003 with Ex...

links in an html email
Here's the setup: Windows XP Pro w/ Outlook 2000 IE 7 Beta was installed on this machine, and also the latest XP patches from the other day. Sometime around those last things happening, links in html emails don't open the browser when clicked. Basically if you have a Rich Text email, and there is a web link in there, when clicked it launches FireFox and opens the link just fine. However, when this user now receives an HTML-formatted email that has a link in it, when clicked, no browser is launched, but the following folder is opened: C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\Map...

Links to Dynamic Named Range = Problem
I have a template that references data in another workbook with the following formula. =IF(ISBLANK(B26)=TRUE,"",VLOOKUP(B26,Masterprice_CONFIDENTIAL.xls!all_prices,MATCH(which_price,Masterprice_CONFIDENTIAL.xls!plist_code,0),FALSE)) The named range all_prices refers to =OFFSET(Prices!$A$1,0,0,MATCH("*",Prices!$A$1:$A$15000,-1),MATCH("*",Prices!$1:$1,-1)) When I open a new file based on the template I have to edit the links because I am getting 'Error: Undefined or non-rectangular name'. When I click on Open Source the linked file opens OK ...

Visual Basic Help Links don't all work
Hi, all, I upgraded to Excel 2003 (and Office 2003) recently and am using WinXP (Service Pack 2). My problem? Many of the links in Visual Basic Help don't work. None of the ones that say "Visual Basic for Applications" in parentheses work Others that don't say that like "Understanding Visual Basic Syntax" also don't work. Others do work. I uninstalled VBA and reinstalled it and still no-go. Any help out there? Seems I'm missing something rather "basic" (pardon the pun). But the Help feature is a crucial one for me. Thanks, Pete ...

Links to Image Files Won't Open In Excel
Hi - I have a workbook that has links to tif images using the file:/// link form. These links work on some of our machines, i.e., the MS Image Viewer opens as it should and a scanned document is displayed. On other boxes, when the link is clicked, excel tries to open in another instance. The versions of excel are the same. If you click on the image icon outside of excel the image opens up as it should. Very weird. Any and all help is greatly appreciated ...

copy formula without links
I have forgotten how to copy and paste a page with formulas from one workbook to another workbook without having it still linked to the first workbook. Can someone help? -- Jim S do edit=>Replace Replace What = Replace With ZZ= copy the page Reverse the replace. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy big jim <jws@nospam> wrote in message news:#weZIzSkDHA.2444@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I have forgotten how to copy and paste a page with formulas from one > workbook to another workbook without having it still linked to the first > workbook. Can someone help? > > -- > J...

External Links
I am working with a number of very detailed schedules that have cross dependencies (represented as external dependencies) as well as a high level milestone schedule that brings all the other workstreams togther to provide a single view of the program. The milestone schedule is entirely driven by external dependencies from the respective schedules, however, I am experiencing some difficulties with MSP behaviour. 1. MSP adds or removes external links without given instructions. 2. I sometimes get told there is a circular reference when I open one of the schedules and the milesto...

links don't work in Outlook 2002
Whenever I click on a link in my Outlook inbox, I receive an error message that the operation has been canceled due to restrictions on my computer. It looks like this is a common problem that SP3 was supposed to have fixed. Well, it didn't. Any help would be greatly appreciated. It's frustrating as all hell to copy and paste links into browsers. See if this helps: From Internet Explorer's Tools menu, click Internet Options, Programs tab, click Reset Web Settings. Clear the Also clear the reset my home page check box. Restart the computer. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlo...

Editing links to work when setting the desktop as a web page.
I am creating an html document to use as the desktop for our display laptops in my store so the customers can click on the the links on the desktop and be sent to their respective web pages. I've created the HTML file sucessfully and when I open it as a web page in explorer, it correctly directs me to the url I specified in the link. However, if I set it as the desktop, it doesn't open up IE. Is there a code that I'm leaving out that causes it to open up i.e. in order to send people to the website? I'm not finding it. thanks for the help. =) ...

Links to/from Office documents hang or fail
I can no longer launch MS Office documents or URLs from either: (a) Shortcuts, attached files, or plain-text URLs in Outlook or other Office documents (b) Select+Enter or Double-click on Office files within Windows Explorer. >From (a) it hangs for 2-3 minutes (or more) then eventually opens (if I don't lose patience and kill it first) >From (b) it hangs for 2-3 minutes (or more) then gives the error: "there was a problem sending the command to the program" Copy+pasting the URL directly to IE works fine; opening documents from File->Open in any Office document works fi...

Office 2010 Beta Outlook can not follow hyper links
When I click on links in email I get the following message: This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator. I am using Office 2010 Beta (Outlook), Windows 7, IE 8. I had Office 2003 and it is not compatible with Windows 7. So I had to download Office 2010 Beta. Since links wouldn't work I tried Widows Live email. Links work in it. I like Outlook better and would like to get it back. tgrfn2 wrote: > When I click on links in email I get the following message: > This operation has been cancell...

How to make "This workbook contains links to other data sources" appear?
Hello How to make "Microsoft Excel This workbook contains links to other data sources To update all linked information, click Yes. To keep the existing information, click No." pop up or appear on the Task bar after clicking "Open Link" in "Linked Worksheet Object" in a context menu of a linked object in Word 2003 sp2? The window appear only after clicking an Excel button in the Task bar. ...

links #12
the problem i'm having, and i've tested this in a very slimmed down version of the big file, is that when I insert rows above data that is linked, the linked cells don't change, just the data in them. So if I have two rows of data (row one and two), and then insert a row above them, then the other documents will show one blank row of data (the new inserted row) and one row of data (row one) instead of showing both rows of data (row one and two). I'm looking for a way to have the links watch the cells, and if they move then for the link to reflect that. Yes, sorry....

How do I remove links in a chart
I have a chart based on a data table in one workbook and want to move this chart to another workbook without the links to the original. I tried Copy-Paste Special-Values, which works OK for the data outside the chart, but all the data inside the chart remains linked. How do I remove these links within the chart? Thank you Jon Peltier has instructions on his web site: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/DelinkChartData.html Tony Bender wrote: > I have a chart based on a data table in one workbook and want to move > this chart to another workbook without the links to the ...

Excel Links removed but now file not found dialogue box appears.
I used the Excel Add-in for removing links hidden in the workbook. I must have really done something wrong, because now when I open a file that previously contained links, the "file not found" dialog appears with a file name that is probably what the links were referring to. AFter I click on cancel the box disappears and the file is usable with no problem. I would like to get rid of this message. I can't seem to find anything in the startup folders, nor do my macros seem to be affecting this. I also went and in deleted the add-in file. Nothing seemed to work. Can anyone help me?...

Unable to reach HTTPS links in Outlook
Hello All other links are fine, but the ones that try to get to https links will not have it Any idea appreciated Thanks ...

Links

links to a second sheet
good day excelers,i have a work book with two sheets,1 an invoice template 2 a control sheet.what i am trying to do is link pertinet data from the invoivce to the control sheet. i tried copy and past link,but when i save the invoice in a customers name the template is cleared and no data shows on the control sheet.is there a way to save this data to the control sheet from every invoioce that i save as? any help would be appreciated. thx wynb. -- wynb If you want too create a list on the second page formulas will not do as they always reflect the values of the cells they link to after a...

Links and Filesizes
Hi all, i have two queries about XL. I am currently developing a system which is used to measure performance. This is a hefty sized file consisting of two workbooks 1. Rough Work Workbook has all the formulas needed for the system and the working out the information i need in the 2nd workbook (which we will call Results) is linked to Results just simply by clicking the "=" sign and clicking on the cell in the Rough Work workbook. The Rough Work workbook is not intended to be used/seen by anyone but me. The Results workbook is meant to be sent to top managers to evaluate their pe...

Updating Links between workbooks
My office is going to be moving workbooks to different files. Am I going to have to manually create a new link between the workbooks or is there a way that excel can automatically update the link. Go to the Edit menu and choose Links. It allows you to change link sources. "Camilla" <Camilla@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:001A0DAE-4D19-4855-9D59-76F82D7F6310@microsoft.com... > My office is going to be moving workbooks to different files. > Am I going to > have to manually create a new link between the workbooks or is > there a way > th...