"If in last week" formula

I have a number of simple two column sheets, one column contains dates.
Basically each sheet is an employee, and the items list the date and
notes for any "one on one meetings" that I have with that employee. I
want to have a summary sheet that lets me know when the most recent
meeting was.

I think it would be ideal to check sheet1-5, if date is older than 1
week, output false or true.

I can't find any formula example on the net that uses dates as a
condition of true or false. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

0
oatmeal (3)

Does

=IF(A1<(TODAY()-7),true,false)

work for what you need?

--
Bryan Hessey
Bryan Hessey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=21059

Yes that does work to an extent, thank you. The trouble is that is only
for one cell. I tried modifying it to:

=IF(A3:A30<(TODAY()-7),TRUE,FALSE)

or

=IF((A3:A30)<(TODAY()-7),TRUE,FALSE)

but neither of those work. I need it to check the entire column, and if
one of the dates is less than a week old, spit out true. It seems to be
adding them together or something.

-Steven

Bryan Hessey wrote:
> Does
>
> =IF(A1<(TODAY()-7),true,false)
>
> work for what you need?
>

> oatmeal Wrote:
> > I have a number of simple two column sheets, one column contains dates.
> > Basically each sheet is an employee, and the items list the date and
> > notes for any "one on one meetings" that I have with that employee. I
> > want to have a summary sheet that lets me know when the most recent
> > meeting was.
> >
> > I think it would be ideal to check sheet1-5, if date is older than 1
> > week, output false or true.
> >
> > I can't find any formula example on the net that uses dates as a
> > condition of true or false. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
>

> --
> Bryan Hessey
> Bryan Hessey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=21059
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=471990

0
oatmeal (3)
9/30/2005 6:52:58 PM
Try...

=IF(COUNTIF(A3:A30,"<"&TODAY()-7),TRUE,FALSE)

Hope this helps!

In article <1128106378.784627.124700@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
 "oatmeal" <oatmeal@spymac.com> wrote:

> Yes that does work to an extent, thank you. The trouble is that is only
> for one cell. I tried modifying it to:
>
> =IF(A3:A30<(TODAY()-7),TRUE,FALSE)
>
> or
>
> =IF((A3:A30)<(TODAY()-7),TRUE,FALSE)
>
> but neither of those work. I need it to check the entire column, and if
> one of the dates is less than a week old, spit out true. It seems to be
> adding them together or something.
>
> -Steven
0
domenic22 (716)
9/30/2005 8:05:21 PM
Try:

=MAX(A3:A30)>TODAY()-7

You don't need an IF() function when all you're looking for is a TRUE
or FALSE answer

This will give a TRUE result if the most recent date in your range is
less than 7 days old and a FALSE result otherwise

--
Cutter
Cutter's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=9848

Thanks to Cutter, all is working fine now. Your little formula worked
without any modifications.

Thanks to all for their help on the matter. Kudos to this group!

0
oatmeal (3)
10/2/2005 1:28:15 AM
You're welcome.  Glad to help.

--
Cutter
Cutter's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=9848
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=471990

"If in last week" formula
I have a number of simple two column sheets, one column contains dates. Basically each sheet is an employee, and the items list the date and notes for any "one on one meetings" that I have with that employee. I want to have a summary sheet that lets me know when the most recent meeting was. I think it would be ideal to check sheet1-5, if date is older than 1 week, output false or true. I can't find any formula example on the net that uses dates as a condition of true or false. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Does =IF(A1<(TODAY()-7),true,false) work for what ...