"Disk Full" Message from Excel 97

Two users with Win 98 SE systems running Excel 97 with current SR updates.
They are part of a Windows 2003 domain.  Occasionally, when they go to save
spreadsheets to a network share they get a message saying "disk is full".
The disk, in this case, is definitely NOT full.    The problem only happens
occasionally and it never happens with Word documents.

Has ayone come across this problem before?  Thanks.

0
john5281 (1)

Hi John

You receive the "Disk is Full" error message when you save a workbook in Excel
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;214245

Error Message When You Try to Save a File
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;103329

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"John Balch" <john@jmbalch.com> wrote in message news:5uedne7Pbs-cvTPcRVn-2g@golden.net...
> Two users with Win 98 SE systems running Excel 97 with current SR updates. They are part of a Windows 2003 domain.  Occasionally,
> when they go to save spreadsheets to a network share they get a message saying "disk is full". The disk, in this case, is
> definitely NOT full.    The problem only happens occasionally and it never happens with Word documents.
>
> Has ayone come across this problem before?  Thanks.

0
rondebruin (3790)

sbs2008 backup disk full: cleanup
Doing routine checkups and found sbs2008 external drive for backup full with 197 successful backups. It would be nice if the server console alerted on this but oh well. Can't find way to delete old backups. Don't simply want to deleted volume and start over. I saw mention of a script, like the WSUS cleanup script, that can do cleanup but can't find one. Help Don't delete them they will drop off as time goes on. Is there a reason you don't want that may backups? IMO the more the better? Russ -- Russell Grover - SBITS.Biz [SBS-MVP] MCP, MCPS...

Disk full
When I open excel a message comes that disk is full though I have 30 GB of disk space,When I open an existing file I get an error that I have no permission to open.I have all permissions for the file.My OS is Windows 2000 professsional Any solutions Srinivas When Excel opens, it must create some temporary files. Where is it trying to create them? Is there space there? Do you have permission to write there? If you can start Excel and go to Tools|Options then look on the General tab to see what your default file location is and what other files you are trying to open at startup. If...

disk full error
ok, so for some odd reason, when I tell publisher (2003) to save my publication, it gives me the following error: "The disk is full trying to write (filename). Save this file on a different disk and/or drive." it has never done this before and I've created similar (much larger) documents for three years in a row. currently, my file is only 374 MB, and I'm saving to an external hard drive with 125 GB free. it saves just fine if I save it to my PC's hard drive, then copy it over, but that's getting really annoying! I would prefer to save it directly to my ex...

"Disk Full" message
Hi, I have a workbook with a few worksheets in it. The entire file is only 78,691KB. When I go to copy a worksheet to create another one for editing, I now keep getting "The Disk Is Full" message. My hard drive has 60% unused space. Why is this happening? How to fix Sam I think this can happen if you get too many .tmp files in, usually C:\temp. Need to delete them. Excel works from a temp file, the overwrites the .xls on disk on closing -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Since hard drive was mentioned, presume that there is no diskette involved as diskettes sh...

disk full problem on a server
i am a virtual user in CT. my office/network is in Atlanta. we use a VPN to get into our network. i have cable modem access. one of the servers is something called a "Celerra" (whatever that is) whereupon i gain access to a shared file in Excel. I have Version 11.6355.6408 SP1. i have Office 2003 and Windows 2000 Professional. i keep getting 'disk full' messages when trying to do updates to that shared file. the server has 29 GIG free. my workaround is to save the file to my local harddrive then copy it back into the server. my desktop folks and network services folk...

"disk full" error message
Receive "disk full" error message while trying to save/close several files that are open simultaneously. Have more than enough free space on hard drive and have also deleted tmp files. I am using Office XP Pro....any suggestions? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi one idea: Clear you Temp directory, close Excel, reboot Windows and try again -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Receive "disk full" error message while trying to save/close several > files that are open simultaneously. Have more than enough free space > on hard drive...

"Disk Full" Message from Excel 97
Two users with Win 98 SE systems running Excel 97 with current SR updates. They are part of a Windows 2003 domain. Occasionally, when they go to save spreadsheets to a network share they get a message saying "disk is full". The disk, in this case, is definitely NOT full. The problem only happens occasionally and it never happens with Word documents. Has ayone come across this problem before? Thanks. Hi John You receive the "Disk is Full" error message when you save a workbook in Excel http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;214245 Error Messa...

Disk Full...but it isn't
I have a very large 55 page publisher file. It is about 550mb. It is full of pictures. I wanted to be able to save it as as JPEG but I can't so I wanted to transfer it to Powerpoint. I did this on a majority of the pages. I wanted to delete some of the publisher pages to free disk space and after i delete the pages and resave (much smaller 30 pages smaller now) but it says can't save disk is full. But I have over 1 gb on disk and it should be much smaller now? Why is this? PUB2000: Publication Retains Large File Size When Pages Are Deleted http://support.microsoft.com/default.as...

Disk Full and system Crash
We have some exchange server installed in diferent clients and have detect during last week that some of them are having problems with their disk capacity. It is strange because this server haven't any software installed, but exchange and Sibary. Is there any bug or threat currently for Micorsoft Exchange or Sibary that can cause this problem?? Thanks in advanced. JB, You did not mention if the disk was actually full or not. What is taking up the space if it is full ? JB wrote: > We have some exchange server installed in diferent clients and have detect > during last week...

Public folder disk full
The public folder database of one of our Exchange 2003 servers is on a disk that is now full. The public folder database has been dismounted. Can I just move the database to another disk, using the Exchange System Manager, and then remount it? -Or is there more to it? yes, just change the location of the store in the properties of that store...let ESM do it...then when it's done, you can remount... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Kenny" <Kenny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3AC8FCCB-5684-4626-9290-C583EE4858C5@microsoft.com... > The public folder databas...

Disk Full ALERT ON OPEN WORD DOCUMENT
Hi, Does anyone know how to solve a Disk Full Alert when trying to OPEN any Word Doc? Note: This is not a sDisk Full onSave Alert. This problem has occurred before and the only fix I could find was to reinstall Office X. I am using Office X 10.1.5 on a G5 1.8 dual with 160g HD and 1.5g ram. Disk is definitely NOT full. Disk Full patch when saving does NOT work for this problem. Microsoft gives me more problems than any other software! Anyone know a solution other than reinstall which will only delay the problem happening again? Thanks, Richard I forgot to mention that MS online he...

error "Disk full while accessing <file mane>" is getting
Platform - Windows 2003 Server, OleDB, VC 2005 Database - Oracle, Microsoft Access Hi, I have developed multithread application. Each worker thread uses CFile to access file placed on remote machine. Sometime program report error like "Disk full while accessing <File name>" or "An unknown error occurred while accessing <File Name>". Can anyone tell me why my program is getting such exception? Vijay Singh EDISPHERE Software Could it be you are opening the file exclusively in a different thread. Or Could the disk actually be full? Or Maybe ...

Disk Full Alert
I am receiving "Disk Full" messages, and my disk is not full. What is happening? I am not able to save documents. All my other applications work fine. My processor: 1.6 GHz PowerPC G5 Memory 1 GB DDR SDRAM System: OSX 10.3.4 Thank you for any help. Allen musicman@trinityfellowship.org In article 252601c44f09$a66eb670$3a01280a@phx.gbl, Allen at anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote on 6/10/04 09:40: > I am receiving "Disk Full" messages, and my disk is not full. What is > happening? I am not able to save documents. All my other applications > work fi...

Exchange 5.5 Disk Full Errors
I have recently been put in charge to manage Exchange 5.5 Server with little knowing. Now, users don't connect because disk is full, only 3MB left on partition. When I use exchange administrator I can view how big each account is, but if I go to logins I see error. Same error if I go to recipients. Users can not connect to delete the email they have on account. There are also no log files left on system to delete, so it looks like I must delete mail. I tried to compress accounts but that did not work. Please help! * How big is the drive? How big is Priv.edb and Pub.edb? If these...

Disk Full Alert
Hi - Since installing Microsoft Office 2004 for OS X, I've been receiving "Disk Full Alert!!" dialogs showing a list of open programs which I can force quit and the message that I have run out of disk space. A quick trip to the finder shows 10 GB free on the disk. I have not found any other reference to this Disk Full Alert and am not sure it is even an OS X (10.3.3, Panther) error or one generated by Office. I have seen this only when Entourage 2004 is open and when I have several other programs open. I have observed that the combination of programs worked fine with Entoura...

I get a "Disk full" message,what disk?
I am not using a disk but an excel program created by someone else and given to me by e-mail. "Deputydog" <Deputydog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1E9DEFAA-0B68-46ED-9D9B-6A5A71302633@microsoft.com... >I am not using a disk Well you must be, unless you are using Excel on a mobile phone.... >but an excel program created by someone else and given > to me by e-mail. You mean an Excel WORKBOOK, not a "program". So what are you doing when this message comes up? Yes, It is a workbook. I had entered all the info, alt 4 , save, and the ...