"cannot empty clipboard" error message.

Hello all,

Any time I do copy and paste in Excel, I get error message
saying "cannot empty clipboard" but it still does the
copying and pasting. How do I make this error go away?
Thanks.
0
anonymous (74722)

Chip Pearson has a page on this
    http://www.cpearson.com/excel/clipboar.htm

---
HTH,

"fenisol3" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1bf3101c42179$1316fe90$a301280a@phx.gbl...
> Hello all,
>
> Any time I do copy and paste in Excel, I get error message
> saying "cannot empty clipboard" but it still does the
> copying and pasting. How do I make this error go away?
> Thanks.

0
dmcritchie (2586)
4/13/2004 6:20:30 PM
This seems to be popping up lately, wondering if it's a bug with an
Excel update.

We have a user here with Excel 2002 having the same problem. Whenever
copy or paste is done, "cannot empty clipboard" appears. Not using
complex excel books either.

"David McRitchie" <dmcritchie@msn.com> wrote in message news:<OhG1ERYIEHA.828@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>...
> Chip Pearson has a page on this
>     http://www.cpearson.com/excel/clipboar.htm
>
> ---
> HTH,
> David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel    [site changed  Nov. 2001]
>
> "fenisol3" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1bf3101c42179$1316fe90$a301280a@phx.gbl...
> > Hello all,
> >
> > Any time I do copy and paste in Excel, I get error message
> > saying "cannot empty clipboard" but it still does the
> > copying and pasting. How do I make this error go away?
> > Thanks.
0
lvangundy (1)

RDC / Excel 2K3 "cannot empty clipboard"
I would like to report this error, but I cannot find a better place than this. If you know where I can reply, please let me know. Here is the error I am seeing: This is an inconsistent repro, however it has been seen several times. I have only tested on one account, and a single pair of machines. Issue: Excel generates a "cannot empty clipboard" error dialog when copying used via Remote Desktop Connection (RDC). Version info: OS XPSP1 ( both computers ) Excel 2003 (ver 11.5612.5703) Using domain account. Both machines using logged on as same account. Repro: View ...

Cannot empty clipboard
I'm getting a lot of "cannot empty clipboard" erros lately. Is there something that I can do? Like debugbing it or something. Please help because this is really annoying. Maybe this http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;196620 XL97: "Cannot Empty the Clipboard" Error Message When Dragging Cells -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "Brenda" <bvazquez@lplegal.com> wrote in message news:041801c35c61$60ee5100$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I'm getting a lot of "cannot empty clipboard" er...

Copy and paste not working
A user in our department regularly copies data from a non-Microsoft program (Business Objects) to Excel 2003. By selecting "Copy All" in Business Objects, she usually has no difficulty in copying and pasting the data to Excel. However, at least once or twice a week the copy and paste function stops working (the "Paste" is grayed out when she right clicks in Excel,and CTRL V doesn't work either) and she has to reboot her computer, which is obviously a frustration and waste of time. I looked at her computer today and went to Edit > Office Clipboard, but the erro...

Cannot Empty Clipboard #2
I get this (error?) message [cannot empty clipboard] quite often when copying and pasting. Anybody know the reason for it? ...

Excel 2003 -- cannot empty clipboard
Hi -- I am running Win XP Pro SP2 and Office 2003. Every time I move a cell in Excel , I get a message stating 'cannot empty the clipboard'. I click ok and life goes on. How do I fix this so it doesn't keep popping up? Many Thanks -- memcneely ...

Cannot Empty Clipboard Error #2
I get this error frequently. Today I copied a small range, and up pops "cannot empty clipboard." If I just wait a second it will usually let me copy, but this time it wouldn't, and I had to reboot. Any ideas what causes this? Hi Jim, You may need to add a fix for this, go to this site http://support.microsoft.com/kb/899266/en-us If this helps, please click the Yes button. -- Thanks, Shane Devenshire "JimS" wrote: > I get this error frequently. Today I copied a small range, and up > pops "cannot empty clipboard." > > If I just wait a se...

Cannot Empty ClipBoard
Windows Vista 64-Bit with Office 2007 Small Business Edition both have the latest service packs installed. After copy and pasting a number of times I receive the following message: cannot empty clipboard, eventhoug the clip board is empty. Any ideas what is the fix for this. Currently the only way I can continue to work is to reboot the computer. Thank you ...

Hello all, Any time I do copy and paste in Excel, I get error message saying "cannot empty clipboard" but it still does the copying and pasting. How do I make this error go away? Thanks. Chip Pearson has a page on this http://www.cpearson.com/excel/clipboar.htm --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm "fenisol3" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1bf3101c42179$1316fe9...

Cannot Empty Clipboard error
Hi, I am runnig a java application which outputs data into excel. I am currently getting "cannot empty clipboard error" when I try to run the application. Also I need to mention that there are two instances of excel running which are accessing the clipboard as the application is doing parallel processing. I have got Win 2K and Excel 2000 on my system. Hi see: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;196620 XL97: "Cannot Empty the Clipboard" or http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;840872 You may not be able to paste an item in an Of...

Cannot Empty Clipboard Error when pasting graphs as pictures
Hi, I am getting the following error while working in Excel 2000 "Cannot Empty Clipboard Error" when pasting graphs as pictures. It is important for me to paste graphs as pictures and I have not found any workaround for this. I have also clsoed the Office Clipboard, so the WIndows Clipboard would be used. Please help me on this, TIA. Hi see: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;196620 XL97: "Cannot Empty the Clipboard" or http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;840872 You may not be able to paste an item in an Office 2003 program a...

Cannot Empty Clipboard in Excel 2003
Two users are having an issue in Excel 2003 when you empty the clipboard it shows empty but when you try to copy and paste and cell it states the clipboard is full. It is hard to duplicate. Once it happens, not even a reboot will get rid of the message. Both users have Dell computers with Windows XP and Office 2003 with all critical updates and service packs. Any ideas out there? ...

Cannot Empty Clipboard
Hi, When using excel , when I try to paste charts as graphics, I get the error after some time " cannot empty clipboard". Most of the documents online don't seem to help me. Is there any other thing that I need to check ? -Thanks Hi Akkiman, In response to a similar question Frank Kabel posted: ------------------------------------------------------------ see: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;196620 XL97: "Cannot Empty the Clipboard" ------------------------------------------------------------ --- Regards, Norman "akkim...

cannot empty Clipboard #2
Quite often, but not all the time, when I want to drag a cell to a different position, I get the message " cannot empty Clipboard" . Then I have to click on "OK" and everything is fine. This is very annoying and wasting a lot of time. What to do about it ?? Thanks for any help. Wolf [Zscheile] ...