"Arranged" files scroll together

This is driving me crazy...  I often display several files at once so that I
can see different sections.  Ever since I've had Excel 2003, all the
"arranged" files scroll together when I move in one of them.  This makes it
impossible to see the areas that I need.  I've tried both the Arrange and the
Compare Side by Side (which, by the way, is a very frustrating new utility),
but cannot figure out how to keep the non-active files from being affected by
cursor movements.  I waste literally hours a day trying to deal with this.
0
Camper (3)

Q: how to set the default arranged by
Outlook 2007 Every time I create a new mail folder the "Arranged By: starts out as "From", I virtually always want to arrange by "Date". Can anybody please let me know how to control the initial Arranged By setting for every time I create a new mail folder. Thanks, mdj. Reset the view - date should be default. If it needs set on every folder, see http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/grouping.htm for the method to globally change views. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.s...

Arranged By: Conversation problem
Hello, I am subscribing to several mailing lists. All messages from these lists have a subject prefixed by "[listname] ", e.g. "[vlc-devel] Re: Memory leaks". I'd like to use Outlooks "Arranged by conversation" feature, but Outlook gets confused by the prefix. In an attempt to solve this problem, I wrote a little script which removes the prefix from the subject: Sub vlcdevel(Item As Outlook.MailItem) Item.Subject = Right(Item.Subject, Len(Item.Subject)-Len("[vlc-devel] ")) Item.Save End Sub I applied this script by using the email ...

"Arranged" files scroll together
This is driving me crazy... I often display several files at once so that I can see different sections. Ever since I've had Excel 2003, all the "arranged" files scroll together when I move in one of them. This makes it impossible to see the areas that I need. I've tried both the Arrange and the Compare Side by Side (which, by the way, is a very frustrating new utility), but cannot figure out how to keep the non-active files from being affected by cursor movements. I waste literally hours a day trying to deal with this. ...

Problems using the "Arranged By: Conversation" option
Hello, I have Outlook 2007 and have a problem getting Outlook to group conversations the way I want. I haven't found an answer from my web searches so I thought I'd ask here. Sometimes Outlook creates two conversations for the same thread if the thread title contains "Re:" at the beginning. For example, if the thread title is "How do I do X?" and then changes to "Re: How do I do X?" then there will be two conversation groups I need to look at in order to read the entire thread. How can I make Outlook put them all in the same conversation group?...

Worksheets do not open Arranged
As of a few daze ago, I see the following problem. When I open a new, or extant, workbook, the sheet(s) are not Arranged to fit the Window. I have to use the Window menu to Arrange as desired. I had this same issue several years ago. As a last resort, I'd use an AutoOpen macro, but my recollection is that there was a Data key, or somthing like that, in the registry and I was able to fix things by deleting that registry key. I've used Windows.Arrange, but the settings do not stick when I save the workbook. Anyone know the trick? Do you mean that the workbook appears within the ...

Printing from Arranged View
Is it possible to print two workbooks, that are in a Horizontal Arranged View, at the same time and one one page? For example, workbook A (sheet1) and workbook B (sheet 1) are arranged together in a horizontal view and I like to print the contents of this view on one page. I tried the arranged feature and the compare side by side feature but did not avail. Neo, Excel prints one sheet at a time, on as many pages as it takes. It won't combine sheets. The view settings have no effect on printing. To get stuff from two sheets to print on one page, you'd have to link the d...

how do i type a telephone book arranged alphabetically
i need to do a telephone that will automatically arrange alphabetically when i finish. i have tried the tool - sort program, but it doesn't work with anything except names, not street addresses or phone numbers. they just get jumbled up. I would keep the database in Excel and mail merge it into a (my choice: Publisher) template. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "mskitty30168" <mskitty30168@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:851555FF-9027-4137-8FB1-4D5E3DB3D5D...

Outlook Toolbars re-arranged
How do I stop Outlook 2003 from automatically re-arranging my toolbars on 4 rows when I start the program, instead of my manual arrangement of 4 on two rows. ...

Difference between Arranged By Categories and Current View By Category?
In the Tasks folder, does anyone know the difference between Arranged By > Categories and Current View By Category? I ask because, in my Tasks folder, the Arranged By Categories displays tasks grouped by categories and the Current View By Category does not display anything. I thought these two were the same. Both are filters, although Current View By Category actually displays the words "Filter Applied" at the right side of the Tasks title bar. I apologize that this post is similar to my earlier question that I recently posted, but I just discovered that one works and the ...

Data arranged in calender format
I'm being asked to summarize and show data in a calender view. Does anyone know how to accomplish this without having to copy and paste each time? Is there a way to create a pivot table design that can do this? Any help would be appreciated. Chris Some time ago I developed a solution for another poster. She had a list of activites with dates on one sheet and wanted to show those activities on another sheet in a calendar format. Is this the kind of thing that you want to do? If so, send me an email to: pashurst <at> auditel.net (change the obvious), and I'll...

Arranged by date
Is it possible to set up extra ranges for the arrange by groups in Outlook 2003. For example I would like to extend "arrange by date" to group emails by 2 months ago, 3 months ago, ... last year, 2 years ago...... Currently everything that is older than 1 month gets grouped as "Older" Any ideas. Regards Alex Weatherall ...