y label truncated

I have truncated y labels in excel 2000. I have a widescreen laptop and a
microsoft technical article says it is a widescreen specific bug. The
solution is to change resolution. This doesnt work. What does work is a
fullstop several characters after the text which you must make white to stop
from showing.

Does anyone know if there is a patch for this?. Also, does anyone know if it
affects all excel versions including 2003?

Thanks to anyone with info

Skip Used Mailing Labels and Print Duplicates in Access 2003 / 2000
On Sep 8 2004, 12:04 pm, "pete johnson" <petejohnson...@att.net> wrote: > Microsoft Knowledge Base Article -231801 > kb atricle #231801deals with skipping used labels which would normally be > wasted if you print on part of a sheet of labels. it claims that it is foraccess2000. i just used it onaccess97 and it worked perfectly, the first > time, every time. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/231801 #231801 is a very useful article.. But, it can be made even better by making it even more generic... Replace STEP 2 Statement, From This: =LabelLayout(...

incoming (forwarded) mail being truncated
I just converted to Outlook (running Office XP, Outlook 2002?). and have been forwarding messages from my old e-mail account(s) to the ones I have set up in Outlook. Unfortunately, far too many messages are being truncated. What do I need to do to fix this? What do you mean by truncated? Text is missing or graphics are missing? "vachona" <vachona@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:55C3F0B4-68DC-4B4C-AEC1-020CDA5CDF6F@microsoft.com... >I just converted to Outlook (running Office XP, Outlook 2002?). and have >been > forwarding messages from my old ...

Mailing labels, mail merge
When doing a mail merge from Excel to Word everything seems to work fine but I am only getting one page of mailing labels when there should be several pages of labels due to the number of recipients listed in Excel. How do I get all of them to format as opposed to just the first, or one page? moto For help on Word mail merge using Excel as the data source. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateAMailMerge.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateADataSource.htm Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 07:37:14 -080...

Wrapping labels
Does anyone know if there is a way to get the labels on either axis to wrap to a second line when you use a 45 degree alignment? They wrap when I have the words set at automatic or 0 degrees, but when I turn them sideways, they don't wrap anymore and are too long for the space. Any ideas?? ...

excel chart data-labels
in the excel chart "format-data-series" the "data-lables" function should accept reference to any range of cells, not just the 'series names', 'category names' and 'value' as currently implemented. the input for this range reference could be the same style as for x-categories and y-values at data-series specification. this simple enhancement would make it easy to display comments or any additional information related with the data points. such display is often required with evaluation charts, and the workarounds with dummy series or manually ed...

Truncated messages
Hi, I have a NT workstation with MS office 2000 installed on it. Some of the users are experiencing weird problem with that specific machine. some of the messages are being truncated to 2/3 the regular size. Sometimes when they restart the machine, those messages looks fine! Any idea why it happens ?? Thanks, Negar ...

y axis #6
I have a chart that auto-formats the values of the intervals of the y axis. That is fine. However, when I preview the chart, the intervals change and the chart prints with those changed values. Double click on the axis, and on the Scale tab, enter the scale values you want the chart to use. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/ _______ "lily" <lily@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:548B8CBE-F01F-4064-8185-8D77BC9F358B@microsoft.com... >I have a chart that auto-formats the v...

EXCEL
The label for the Y axis for a graphed data is character-limited. Is there a "setting" that allows this to be expanded to display more characters? (I know that font size has some effect.) Thanks Hello- How many characters do you need? Don't let the fact that you cannot manually resize the label box deceive you. Just keep typing and the width & height will increase as necessary - width to the edges of the chart sheet, height to as many as 5 or 6 lines. The one 'buggy' issue is that the next additional line does not display until it has a certain amount of con...

chart labels
hi everyone im realy realy stuck here. i have 3 colums, 1 is month, 1 is percent of attendance and 1 is whether the attendance is good / bad average etc. done using an IF function. I need to use the third clum as a label on the chat - so x axis is month, y is % and label is attendace level - good / bad etc. but i cant get the label to look at the third column i hope you understand what i mean. thanks for any help Simon. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.c...

Making a file for labels?
Hi folks. I don't use Excel at all, but need to now. I have a mailing list, that I want to print out labels of, how do I do it? I don't see a "Labels" setting anywhere. I don't see a way to export or save the file as a MS document, which would be easier to make labels from. I'm working on a Mac running OS X and the latest MS products, so I'm sure it can be done:) I'd love to have a file, that I could import or even better yet, open up as 30-up labels, all ready to print� wishful thinking no doubt. skip vze2rwkt@verizon.net - subject line: Mailing List...

Truncated Zero (0)
Greetings, Does anyone know how to prevent Excel from truncating zero in a Zipcod field, when the first digit is zero? I am importing data from a tab-delimited .txt file. Any help would be appreciated. cdfran -- cdfran ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cdfrank's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1474 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26361 In one of the steps of the Import Wizard (don't remember which one) it asks for the type of each column. Designate the zip code co...

LABELS DESIGINING
HI, I wonder if you can help me. I have designed a label from RMS with the size 105mm width x 71mm height. However RMS only prints one label that has been designed. THe A4 sheet has 8 labels. How do I specify that I need two labels across and 4 labels down so that it prints 8 labels in totla per sheet? I have only one label format on the rMS system. Please advice how to import other labels forts and where I can find them. Regards Bob HI Bob, there are 27 format comes with RMS I am not sure why you have one try to find from %installdrive%\Program Files\Microsoft Retail Management S...

Printing Labels from a form?
Greetings, Goal: I just want a form where the user can type in what needs to be printed on a label and click the print button to print it. For example: If the user needs to print a label that says: Monday, they type monday into a text box and click print and the label prints. Any ideas, I don't need the any of the information they are typing in saved, just need the user to be able to print custom labels when needed. Thanks in advance for your responses, they are appreciated:) -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 12:47:08 GMT, "...

CheckBox Label
How do you make a checkbox label equal a cell input? For example, the cell A3 = "Blue", how do you make the label for the check box say "Blue" so that if I change A3 to "Red" the checkbox label will now say "Red"? Hi Pablo! You can use a macro that update he checkbox label, like the sample below: 1. Open the workbook where you want this macro 2. Open the Visual Basic editor (Tools, Macro, Visual Basic Editor) 3. In the Project window, doubleclick on the "Sheet1" object (or the sheetname where you have the check box and cell where you...

excel to merge for labels in windows
I have been given a Excel spreadsheet and need to print labels with the information and i am new to excel. I am trying to get the ionfo to word,but the information doesn't not transfer over. Find a tutorial here: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm In article <227EEA8C-C116-4FEB-B660-9E8578673EF3@microsoft.com>, "water" <water@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have been given a Excel spreadsheet and need to print labels with the > information and i am new to excel. I am trying to get the ionfo to word,but > the information doe...

Y error bars #2
Can anyone tell me if there is a way to adjust the width of the horizontal portion of the y error bar. I want it to be the same width as the bars on my bar chart. Thanks John Technically you are limited to what you can do with error bars. You can work around these limitations but its quite a chore. For example, create two additional series one with a value of the lower error bar, the other with a value of the amount the upper error bar extends beyond the lower. Add these two series to the chart. One at a time change their axis to the Secondary axis. Then change their type to Sta...

Three y axis
Is there a way to have 3 y axis? Nathan - Excel doesn't offer a tertiary Y axis, but you can fake it: http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/Charts/TertiaryAxis.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/index.html _______ Nathan_S wrote: > Is there a way to have 3 y axis? ...

IN Publisher I only want to print one label not all 6
I am using Publisher 2002 and Form 8254 6 to a page. I only want to print one mailing label not 6. What steps do I take? Thank you, You will have to setup the labels manually. Look here to see if yours is listed, if not post back. http://publishermvps.com/ -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Tom" <Tom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D25CA06F-0F6A-4743-99D3-38B688BB842B@microsoft.com... >I am using Publisher 2002 and Form 8254 6 to a page. I only want to print > one mailing lab...

is there a way to have data labels on top and inside of a bar?
I'm trying to complete a simple chart that includes both total number and total cost of a given. Is there a way to have a data label and a label on the inside of a bar? Here's what I do. Chart the series, then chart it again. One of these series has the data label in the Inside End position, the other is changed to a line series (right click > Chart Type > select a line style), formatted to be invisible, and its data label is in the Above position. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech....

truncation of y-axis text
Excel 2003 Chart y-axis: how do I stop it truncating the text? It used to be ok in Excel 2002! Hi, The truncation is a know problem. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;870698 A work around is to add additional characters to the end of the text. Try using the non-breaking space character. To enter this type ALT+0160 using the numeric keypad. Cheers Andy Trainman wrote: > Excel 2003 Chart y-axis: how do I stop it truncating the text? > It used to be ok in Excel 2002! -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info Andy Thanks for the advice. I w...

Access Labels
I have a label designed in access 2000 that is used for barcoding garments. I would like to take that design and transfer it to word and also lock the size so when it's printed the label doesn't jump (stays inline). How can I do this? From: "K. Stanford" <krocks77@hotmail.com> Subject: Access Labels Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 17:02:37 -0700 Newsgroups: microsoft.public.access.conversion I have a label designed in access 2000 that is used for barcoding garments. I would like to take that design and transfer it to word and also lock the size so when it's printed ...

MS chart control row label
I have add a chart control in my dialog, but the problem now is i dun have any idea on changing the row label which indicate the particular bar to other label.... The default is R1, R2, R3... How can i change to the label that i desired? Did anybody can help?? ...

Custom Y-axis scale
I was hoping someone might be able to help me with a small problem I have got which has been baffling me for some time. I would like to graph data onto a bar chart but do not know how the amend the y-axis scale to show a customised set of grades. For example, I would like the y-axis to represent the following scale: A1i, A1ii, A2i, A2ii, A3i, A3ii, A4i, A4ii. How do I do this and get Excel to recognise these figures within the dataset I am graphing? Any help would be much appreciated. Cheers Phil Use this custom format \A#i in chart Format Axis|Number|Custom Assign: 1 to A1i 1.5 to A1i...

Missing Mail Merge Label
Hi I wonder if anyone can please point me in the right direction with this one. Using Office 2003, I've created a set of 2x7 labels using Word Mail Merge fed from a data source in an Excel spreadsheet. The odd thing is that between every sheet of labels one record goes missing i.e. between the last label on sheet x and the first on sheet x+1, a record exists but no label is produced. Everything else works perfectly! Can anyone suggest why this might be happening please? I've tried everything I can think of! Thanks, V Too many �Next Record� fields. -- ...

xy scatter additional labels
Hi, I'm putting together a plot which shows the number of days taken to complete documents against the date of completion. This is then grouped per month. The purpose is to report number of documents in any month which toook more than 15 days to complete. I've got a nice looking scatter plot with a red line across the 15 day gridline so it's quite easy to look above this line and count the number of late doc's in any given month(there's only a handful each month). What I would like to do is add to the chart a label under each month showing the percentage of the total d...