Y-axis title truncated excel 2002

I can't get excel 2002 to show the complete y-axis title along the y-axis.
It truncates in the plot whatever I type
in the Chart Options, Value (Y) axis box.   No problem with the Chart Title
or X-axis.
Is it worth changing from excel 2002 to excel XP (which I have). I'm running
win2000.
Puzzled.
REX

0
T-Rex (4)

Others have reported this problem. One solution is to add some extra
characters to the y-axis title and to format these to a colour that makes
them invisible on the chart. I have never seen this myself - I use XL2002
and XL2003

best wishes
Bernard

"T-Rex" <T-Rex@foo.com> wrote in message
>I can't get excel 2002 to show the complete y-axis title along the y-axis.
> It truncates in the plot whatever I type
> in the Chart Options, Value (Y) axis box.   No problem with the Chart
> Title
> or X-axis.
> Is it worth changing from excel 2002 to excel XP (which I have). I'm
> running
> win2000.
> Puzzled.
> REX

0
bliengme5824 (3040)
11/10/2004 6:11:32 PM
I, too, have seen this problem.  I just tried your suggestion and it didn't
fix the problem.   When I print, the Y label is fully displayed.  I have
Excel 2003.

"Bernard Liengme" <bliengme@stfx.TRUENORTH.ca> wrote in message
> Others have reported this problem. One solution is to add some extra
> characters to the y-axis title and to format these to a colour that makes
> them invisible on the chart. I have never seen this myself - I use XL2002
> and XL2003
>
> best wishes
> Bernard
>
> "T-Rex" <T-Rex@foo.com> wrote in message
> >I can't get excel 2002 to show the complete y-axis title along the
y-axis.
> > It truncates in the plot whatever I type
> > in the Chart Options, Value (Y) axis box.   No problem with the Chart
> > Title
> > or X-axis.
> > Is it worth changing from excel 2002 to excel XP (which I have). I'm
> > running
> > win2000.
> > Puzzled.
> > REX

0
breinhardt (272)
11/10/2004 6:18:31 PM
Bernard
Thanks.  Your fix seems to work...but its touchy about how to apply it.  I
kept on experimenting
using a series of periods after a really short title.  What shows in excel
and what shows when printed out to a .pdf
appears to be different!
REX
"Bernard Liengme" <bliengme@stfx.TRUENORTH.ca> wrote in message
> Others have reported this problem. One solution is to add some extra
> characters to the y-axis title and to format these to a colour that makes
> them invisible on the chart. I have never seen this myself - I use XL2002
> and XL2003
>
> best wishes
> Bernard
>
> "T-Rex" <T-Rex@foo.com> wrote in message
> >I can't get excel 2002 to show the complete y-axis title along the
y-axis.
> > It truncates in the plot whatever I type
> > in the Chart Options, Value (Y) axis box.   No problem with the Chart
> > Title
> > or X-axis.
> > Is it worth changing from excel 2002 to excel XP (which I have). I'm
> > running
> > win2000.
> > Puzzled.
> > REX

0
T-Rex (4)
11/10/2004 9:21:40 PM
See also my response to the thread "Excel does not display all of an axis label"
started by sdthompson, less than two hours after your post.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

T-Rex wrote:

> I can't get excel 2002 to show the complete y-axis title along the y-axis.
> It truncates in the plot whatever I type
> in the Chart Options, Value (Y) axis box.   No problem with the Chart Title
> or X-axis.
> Is it worth changing from excel 2002 to excel XP (which I have). I'm running
> win2000.
> Puzzled.
> REX

How do i retrieve a deleted excel file?????
Unfortunately, if you don't have a backup, or a disk utility that can recover deleted files, you don't. thank you for the bad news. :o) "JE McGimpsey" wrote: > Unfortunately, if you don't have a backup, or a disk utility that can > recover deleted files, you don't. > Do you have a Recycle Bin? Windows puts all deleted files in there. Just a thought. HTH Otto "Julie Semer" <Julie Semer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7C45EA83-69AC-4AF4-9924-DB955562999F@microsoft.com... > You might have success with a pro...

In Excel I have a workbook, and want to select all blank rows for.
I have a worksheet with around 19,000 rows, some of which are blank. It's a price list I do regularly. How can I select all blank rows and then delete them. It will take hours to do them all manually. Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/deleting.htm#DeleteBlankRows -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "HANDY ANDY" <HANDY ANDY@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:FC815E8C-813A-48EA-94A3-26E8B22F8EB4@microsoft.com... > I have a worksheet with around 19,000 rows, some of which are blank. It's a > price list I do regularly. How can ...

HTML & Excel
I am trying to open a ".csv" file that has HTML within one field of the file. I would like the HTML to just get inserted into one cell, but when I open the file, it seems that excel automatically starts to process the HTML and then render it into the spreadsheet making it look kindof like a web page. Does anyone know how I can just get that HTML in one cell on the ".csv" file open? I tried removing all the double quotes and putting in a single quote, neither worked. Try changing the extension to .txt and using the Text Wizard to bring in the columns as Text (cli...

Help in EXCEL functions
Hi just a noob here, I would like to know how or what function do I need to use on this kind of problem. I am creating a template where the 2nd column B3:B50 has a drop down option, so I'd like that Column to be counted examples on the drop down are . NET - TNBA Callbacks and NRA - Montreal EMT. Ex. if B2:B50 have (10) . NET - TNBA Callbacks it will appear (10) on J15 and if NRA - Montreal EMT have (3) it must appear (3) on J16. hope that helps in explaining...its too hard to explain, I am wishing if I could attach the file for better view.. thanks again.. waiting f...

Getting Excel whilst using the sumif formula to search for part of a word
I am using a Sumif formula on a summary page that summarises from a list in another sheet. This is case and word sensitive, is there any way to get excel to search for part of a word e.g instead of searching for Cabin Installers Ltd it could find Cabin? I am just starting to learn VBA is this something VBA could easily do? This same workbook i basically a monthly cost spread sheet that comes in and i have to analysis to show the movement in the month. Is there anyway excel could auto summarise the sheet e.g For every individual name/company on the sheet it could find the sum of their costs?...

How can I convolve 2 sets of data in Excel?
I want to apply windowing functions to the frequency domain data from Fourier analysis. This involves convolution with the transformed window function. For a Hann(ing) window this has only 3 real components but the convolution needs to 'wrap around' at the extremes of the frequency domain. Has anyone solved this problem and has a set of coeficients for all the common window functions? ...

Newbie with excell , need help on formula...
I am using a formula in excel =COUNT(A4:A43). Problem A4:A43 input data from different part of sheet. Not all cells may be used so the unused cells of A4:A43 defaults to 0. My formula shows a count of 40 but I need t to only count values greater then 0. Any ideas on what formula to use? One way: =COUNTIF(A4:A43,">0") In article <IVfMb.62809$ts4.24919@pd7tw3no>, "leave alone" <me@mail.com> wrote: > I am using a formula in excel =COUNT(A4:A43). Problem A4:A43 input data from > different part of sheet. > > Not all cells may be used so t...

How do I measure area under a line chart drawn in Excel file?
Can anyone please let me know "How do I measure area under a line chart drawn in Excel file?" See examples on my website using Trapezoid & Simpson's Rule. Bernard www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips "kp" <kp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F3BF4B4B-6030-45E1-B17E-50005FD9FBAB@microsoft.com... > Can anyone please let me know "How do I measure area under a line chart > drawn in Excel file?" I'm not aware of such a feature in the various chart menus, but you can calculate the area directly from the data used for th...

Excel #25
Can I change text in muliple excel files by using the find/replace facility -- Mark g yes you can do it manually or with a macro. -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200757 "Mark G" wrote: > Can I change text in muliple excel files by using the find/replace facility > -- > Mark g "Gary''s Student" wrote: > yes > you can do it manually or with a macro. > -- > Gary''s Student - gsnu200757 > > > "Mark G" wrote: > > > Can I change text in muliple excel files by using the find/replace facility > >...

Excel Crash

Outlook 2002 level 2 security
Is there a way to change Outlook 2002 so that level 2 files open directly rather than saving to disk first? Specifically, I want to open a .url file from Outlook. I moved .url file extension from level 1 but don't see a way to move it to level 3. Is there a way to accomplish this, maybe a 3rd party utility? Thanks. None that I know of but you can check on http://www.slipstick.com/security/getexe to see if one exists. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Alfonso ...

outlook 2002 #182
I am trying to install this on my pc. I have outlook express up and running, but when I try use 2002 as the program for my mail, it cannot open default folders. That's the message I get. It can open my default files though. As a result, when I go to the mail icon on the browser, I get nothing. Unless of course I go back to making express my default mail client. Any suggestions how to setup the 2002 (I need to use it to sync mail with my PDA)? Thanks much. Steve Under Control Panel->Internet Options, what shows as your default mail program? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] P...

Formatting the Date in Excel
Is there any way in Excel that I can format the Date so I don't have to type any slashes between the month and day? In other words, I would like to be able to type in 0714 press "enter" and have excel recognize that this is 07/14/2005 without typing in 07/14. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, Short of writing code, you could enter your numerics only date in cell A1, for instance: 07142005. Then in B1 write a formula: =mid(A1,1,2)&"/"&mid(A1,3,2)&"/"&left(A1,4) Then you could copy column B and paste as values into their req...

How do I stop mouse from scrolling horizontal in Excel?
Mouse scroll wheel causes worksheet to scroll right and down or left and up. How do I get it to scroll vertical only? ...

Excel -how do I edit an entry that's an email address
Excel has that annoying function that makes all email addresses clickable (like it or not), but as such, are extremely difficult to edit. How do I easily select it only to make changes? -- To reply by email, remove the word "space" Select the cell that the email address is in just by arrowing over to it if you don't want to accidentally click the email and then go to Insert- Hyperlink and on the bottom left of the box click "remove link" and then the email address won't be clickable anymore, thus your problem solved. This is annoying and in word I think you can...

Excel 2000 / send email to a group
Hello ... I have hundreds of excel spreadsheets that need to be sent to different individuals .. i.e. each file goes to a different recipient. I know how to create a macro to send an individual file to a recipient ... don't have the skill to figure out how to have a macro open each file & then execute a macro (or it may be done in one macro) to send the spreadsheet to the appropirate recipient .. I think it can be done by putting the file names in a list, after that I'm lost. As far as I can see once the file has been sent and saved the email address is also saved, so aft...

Error sending Excel worksheet as an attachment
If anyone can give a hand in this that would be awesome. One of our users in this office is unable to send and Excel 2000 worksheet as an attachment when selecting File > send to > Mail Recipient (as Attachment). She can send to Mail Recipient just fine (in the body of the e- mail)... and is she just right clicks the file and sends to recipient it sends fine as an attachment... she only can't send it this one way (as above). She gets the Outlook error: "The action could not be completed" and when she clicks OK to that error she gets the Excel error: "Genera...

Excel docs won't open from clicking file
I have a strange issue us Excel 2002. When I double-click on an excel document it only open the excel program and not the doc. I can then go to file|open and open it just fine and work on it etc. Excel seems to be OK other than this strange issue. Word and the other office programs don't do this at all??? I have checked and verified all folder options | files types, their associated open commands etc. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, Thanks- Hi Have a look at Tools/Option/General and uncheck 'Ignore other applications' if it's checked. Andy. "jayman" ...

Outlook 2002 won't backup
On closing Outlook 2002 I am prompted to backup my personal files. When I hit the "save backup" option I get a message "C:/..../Microsoft/Outlook folder does not exist. Do you want to create it?" When I hit the yes button I get a message "Cannot find the specified path" I have checked my hidden files and it seems that the path does exist. I have reloaded the backup utility and still have the same problem. Any solutions? Thanks for your assistance. Frustrated in Phoenix Set the save location to another location than where the original is located. You ...

Mail (outlook 2002), 'To' field, general question
Why do some names of some messages in the 'To' Field appear with single quotes in my Sent Box? I'm using Outlook 2002. I'm sure there's an easy explanation but it stumps me. ...

Using Regular expressions in Excell 2007
I have code written in excell 2003 where I use Regular Expressions 'heavily'. In Excell 2003 you had to import the RegExp library to be able to use it. Is Regular Expressions part of VBA in Excell 2007? or do you still need to import the RegExp library? Same as in Excel 2003, the library is part of IE not Excel or VBA. -- HTH Bob "ncunha" <ncunha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7EF31D63-6C38-451B-9CEF-2E091DA7B2E7@microsoft.com... >I have code written in excell 2003 where I use Regular Expressions > 'heavily'...

Lost Excel connection to BP
Hello: Last week, the IIS server at a client crashed. They were able to get the server back up and Business Portal is running fine, now, for all users. One user, however, is reporting that his connection to Business Portal data from Microsoft Excel no longer finds the databases (companies) except for that of a test company called “The Phone Company”. In Excel, he goes to Data…Import External Data, grabs the Microsoft Business Solutions data source, types in the URL, and he finds the root directories to the databases. But, again, the databases that he used to see are not there. I c...

Miscellaneous words appear in Excel 2002 cells
I am working on an Excell 2002 workbook and when I put my cursor in a cell , spurious words get entered into the cell e.g. "and thee the and ...." is one example. I have cable modem and it feels like "someone" has taken control of my PC - by the way I have also noticed this hapening in MS Word but is not as bad as Excel - can some one help. thanks KK Have you enabled speech tools? Click Tools / Speech and examine your options. /i. "KK" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:061d01c39d1c$36fc85f0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I am w...

population pyramids using bar charts with a secondary axis
I have a problem that I had given up as unsolvable, but after recently learning about secondary axes, I've made encouraging progress. However, I'm stuck on the last step(s), and I'm hoping that someone will have some suggestions. My organization has been producing reports that contain population pyramids. In the past, all of their reports have been printed, so it didn't matter that in order to get the desired look, they had to use two charts slightly overlapping each other. However, we are getting to the point where we would like our charts to be available online for download....

Missing Function in Excel 2003
Dear All In Excel 2000 I used to use a function called "MS Access Form" , which was located under the DATA menu. Since I have upgraded the Office version to 2003, I cannot find this function anywhere in Excel. This function takes a highlighted table, and makes a suitable entry form in Access to facilitate the data entry process Best Regards and Thanks in advance Ahmed Gaafar You need to load the Access Links Add-In from the Tools menu. HTH, Greg "Ahmed Gaafar" <elameen@intouch.com> wrote in message news:1c60a01c42218$270e3ae0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Dear...