Y-axis title truncated excel 2002

I can't get excel 2002 to show the complete y-axis title along the y-axis.
It truncates in the plot whatever I type
in the Chart Options, Value (Y) axis box.   No problem with the Chart Title
or X-axis.
Is it worth changing from excel 2002 to excel XP (which I have). I'm running
win2000.
Puzzled.
REX

0
T-Rex (4)

Others have reported this problem. One solution is to add some extra
characters to the y-axis title and to format these to a colour that makes
them invisible on the chart. I have never seen this myself - I use XL2002
and XL2003

best wishes
Bernard

"T-Rex" <T-Rex@foo.com> wrote in message
>I can't get excel 2002 to show the complete y-axis title along the y-axis.
> It truncates in the plot whatever I type
> in the Chart Options, Value (Y) axis box.   No problem with the Chart
> Title
> or X-axis.
> Is it worth changing from excel 2002 to excel XP (which I have). I'm
> running
> win2000.
> Puzzled.
> REX

0
bliengme5824 (3040)
11/10/2004 6:11:32 PM
I, too, have seen this problem.  I just tried your suggestion and it didn't
fix the problem.   When I print, the Y label is fully displayed.  I have
Excel 2003.

"Bernard Liengme" <bliengme@stfx.TRUENORTH.ca> wrote in message
> Others have reported this problem. One solution is to add some extra
> characters to the y-axis title and to format these to a colour that makes
> them invisible on the chart. I have never seen this myself - I use XL2002
> and XL2003
>
> best wishes
> Bernard
>
> "T-Rex" <T-Rex@foo.com> wrote in message
> >I can't get excel 2002 to show the complete y-axis title along the
y-axis.
> > It truncates in the plot whatever I type
> > in the Chart Options, Value (Y) axis box.   No problem with the Chart
> > Title
> > or X-axis.
> > Is it worth changing from excel 2002 to excel XP (which I have). I'm
> > running
> > win2000.
> > Puzzled.
> > REX

0
breinhardt (272)
11/10/2004 6:18:31 PM
Bernard
Thanks.  Your fix seems to work...but its touchy about how to apply it.  I
kept on experimenting
using a series of periods after a really short title.  What shows in excel
and what shows when printed out to a .pdf
appears to be different!
REX
"Bernard Liengme" <bliengme@stfx.TRUENORTH.ca> wrote in message
> Others have reported this problem. One solution is to add some extra
> characters to the y-axis title and to format these to a colour that makes
> them invisible on the chart. I have never seen this myself - I use XL2002
> and XL2003
>
> best wishes
> Bernard
>
> "T-Rex" <T-Rex@foo.com> wrote in message
> >I can't get excel 2002 to show the complete y-axis title along the
y-axis.
> > It truncates in the plot whatever I type
> > in the Chart Options, Value (Y) axis box.   No problem with the Chart
> > Title
> > or X-axis.
> > Is it worth changing from excel 2002 to excel XP (which I have). I'm
> > running
> > win2000.
> > Puzzled.
> > REX

0
T-Rex (4)
11/10/2004 9:21:40 PM
See also my response to the thread "Excel does not display all of an axis label"
started by sdthompson, less than two hours after your post.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

T-Rex wrote:

> I can't get excel 2002 to show the complete y-axis title along the y-axis.
> It truncates in the plot whatever I type
> in the Chart Options, Value (Y) axis box.   No problem with the Chart Title
> or X-axis.
> Is it worth changing from excel 2002 to excel XP (which I have). I'm running
> win2000.
> Puzzled.
> REX

Problems calculating a converted html table to Excel XP (2002)
I have a generated report off the web that must be converted into Excel. When the report comes up initially it is in a .asp format. I save the report off the web in HTML format. Then open excel, then go to file -> open and browse for the file that I just saved. The report opens fine with all data showing up as is. However when I try to go and calculate a column of numbers, the answer that I get is 0. So if I go and add up say this list of numbers which is : 5, 7, and 8. The sum should be 20. Instead I get 0 everytime. I have tried to format the cells to be numbers instead of gen...

Office XP SP3 interfering w/ Excel
I tried installing Office XP service pack 3, but, like many other people, I don't have the Microsoft Office CD to insert when prompted. I figured I wouldn't install this update and ignore it. However, I just tried to open Excel to work on something and I received a message that said Windows in trying to update Microsoft Office with Front Page and I need to insert the CD (which I don't have). It also says I could browse for the file 'PROPLUS.MSI' (which I can't find on my computer). I can't open Excel, but all the other Microsoft Office Applications work j...

Excel #122
How do I get the the last two zeros to appear in cell i.e 10.00 With the cell selected, press Ctrl-1 or choose Format | Cells from the menu In the left panel of the 'Number" tab on the dialog box that's presented, choose 'Number' and then, in the rihgt panel, select the # of decimals you want displayed. "stickybun" wrote: > How do I get the the last two zeros to appear in cell i.e 10.00 ...

Using "and" Instead of "or" Operator in Outlook 2002 Rules
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000F_01C56B5D.0176CA60 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I want to create a rule that looks for "word1" and "word2" in the = subject line of a new message, and if found, move the message to a = specified folder. When creating the rule, though, the only operator = available for multiple words in the subject line is "or", whereas I want = **both** (not **either**) words present to satisfy the conditions for = executing the move. H...

Excel in multiple sessions
A collegue is attempting to access data using vlookup in a spreadsheet from a second spreadsheet which is opened in a separate session on his workstation. It appears that multiple sessions of excel can't 'see' each other. Collegue needs to have multiple sessions as he uses lots of spreadsheets with LOTS of formulas. Attempting to open these sheets in single session usually results in crashes and lost work. Does anyone out there know anything about this? Using Excel 2000 on Windows 2000 Professional sp4. Thanks =vlookup() worked ok for me--but by having the workbooks in separ...

hOW TO USE eXCEL FUNCTION
=IF(AND(M26<=7501,N26="A"),M26*G12,IF(AND(M26<=7500,N26="B"),M26*F12),IF(AND(M26<=7500,N26="C"),M26*E12),0) SO THAT I AM ABLE TO UNDERSTAND IF SALARY OF EMPLOYEE LESS THEN 7500 AND GRADE IS A THEN 10% OR GARDE IS B THEN 8% OR GRADE IS C THEN 6% OR NOINCREMENT Hi, I think this is what you want =IF(AND(M26<7500,N26="A"),M26*G12,IF(AND(M26<7500,N26="B"),M26*F12,IF(AND(M26<7500,N26="C"),M26*E12,0))) -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest a...

Excel 2003
Hi all Excel Gurus, I need help. I have an excel workbook with a sheet called template and i want to create a button to copy a selection of data which is B9:B34 and i need it to paste the information to another excel workbook with a sheet called data which will be A:AA and add each row when pressed. When the data has been copied over i need it to close the data sheet. Can someone help me please? When you copy a range of cells you only have to specify in the destination l;ocation the 1st cell of the range like I did below. Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() FName ...

Excel 2003
When I click on the end of a formula in a cell, I usually get all the associated cells highlighted with different coloured borders. I have one workbook with several sheets where this no longer happens on just one sheet. Is there some option I need to turn on in the sheet to make the coloured cell borders appear? Or might it be something to do with very recently using automaic update to bring my Office 2003 up to date? Any assistance much appreciated. Tom Walker You should always get *exactly* the same actions if you would click in the formula bar. As far as having the cell itself h...

excel 2002 data filter
hello this is the case if i have in column A data like this: http://www.abc.com http://www.cba.com http://www.abc.com ok. When i press select complete column A and then select DATA - FILTER - ADVANCE FILTER - UNIQUE RECORDS ONLY i get folowing result: http://www.cba.com this is not what i want. I want to get folowing result: http://www.abc.com http://www.cba.com u see what i meen? Can u help please and thank you very much!!! On Feb 14, 2:10=A0am, Ivanko <Iva...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > hello > this is the case > > if i have in column A data lik...

as400<iSeries db<ntWS<macro<excel tools
i have an inventory of appx 1000 serial numbers. using keystroke recording, i can populate 2 - 6 fields on 4 green screens to complete a process on one serial number. is there a way to tweak my macro to incrementally continue, automatically, from a list stored in an excel workbook on the client? would be very grateful for fresh ideas. Show us your macro and some data details. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "ayeFayze" <ayeFayze@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7688E31B-F5AD-491F-A9E8-9B03AA0168D6@microsoft.com... ...

how I can insert date picker in excell template?
Maybe one of these will help: http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm http://www.fontstuff.com/vba/vbatut07.htm Regards Rowan ...

Excel crashes while opening excel file imbeddied with macros
Help! This is the similar problem as mentioned by Delbert on 12/12/2005 that whenever they open a particular Excel file, it gives them a "Send Report Error." Weird thing about it is it doesnt happen in all other Excel files, only happens to this file when saving as usual and trying to reopen it shortly after that. It happens on my machine and my friend working on the same file also. Details: OS: Winxp Office 2003 SP2 Files are saved in local drive Files are around 12MB size (varies) Files have Macros imbedded Files have links While opening, the dialogue box appears twice, asking...

Script to backup and rename excel files...
I plan to use a row delete script (I have this already) to get rid of old data here at work. Before I run this though (I will be running it fairly frequently) I thought I should backup the file I am working on. Is it possible to write a script which creates a backup of the current Excel file I am working on, without changing the filename of the 'live' workbook, and which names the backup file with the time and date so it is both unique and also searchable (EG 03122003-1645.xls or similar) ? Ideally I would combine the two scripts so that once the script is run a backup is created an...

SQL Reports in Administration & Excel Crashing
I am using GP 10 and have recently deployed SQL Reporting Services reports in Dynamics. I have a problem when I go to access the reports. In GP 10 after going into Administration and Custom Reports, I get a message that Excel 2007 has crashed. I am not sure why since I am not trying to access Excel 2007 at that time and do not have it open. I realized that that is not an Excel forum, but hoping someone might know a solution due to how Dynamics is relating to Excel in this area that would cause this problem. I had Excel problems that seem similar to your's. I had an Excel...

How to get the Mainwindow of Excel via COM ?
Hello there, I didnot found a methode in the Exel VBA-Documentation to get the MainWindow of Excel. Now Im using CWnd::FindWindow("XLMAIN",NILL). But is not there a COM-Function ? Thanks Mark I dont know if there is a function but that will be available thru the Object Model of Excel if its exposed by it. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Mark Henning" <mhenning@gmx.net> wrote in message news:unG$y6NNEHA.2336@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hello there, > > I didnot found a methode in the Exel VBA-Documentation to get the MainWindow > of E...

using the Lotus 1-2-3 file import, numbers command in excel
how do i use the lotus 1-2-3 file import, number command in an excel spreadsheet? this command in lotus..allows me to just import numbers, no text is imported..i do not want to import text...please advise..im trying to convert a lotus spreadsheet to excel and i need to figure out how to do this in excel ...

CVS file won't open in Excel 97, Help Please!
I'm new at this so please bear with me. I am trying to open a CVS attachment. The attachment contains a spreadsheet with imported tab delimited files.The attachment automatically opens my Excel program. (I have tried to save the file and open but that doesn't work either). When the program tries to open I get the error message: SYLK: File format is not valid My excel program is Excel 97 Any help would be greatly appreciated. This was posted by Myrna Larson: =========== >From - Wed Apr 12 17:18:13 2000 From: Myrna Larson <myrnalarson@home.net> Subject: Re: file form...

How to set Read-Only Recommended as default save in Excel 2002?
How do I set Read-Only Recommended as default to save files in Excel 2002? Thanks. This is not a global option. Must be done on each workbook. One way around this is to open a new workbook then save as a Template with the options you want. Name the workbook BOOK and save as MS Excel Template(*.xlt) Do not enter the extension, Excel will do that for you. Store in your XLSTART folder and it will become the template for all workbooks when opened via File>New Note: this will not affect previously saved workbooks. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 14:11:01 -0700, "flyaj&q...

making a primary key in excel
hiya, i would just like to know howq you can format a column so that it automatically inserts an ID when i input a new record. ta ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ your best bet is to have a formula such as =A1+1 in the cell A2, but you would need to drag this formula down. If you don't want users to overtype this, you'd need to lock it down and protect the sheet. Cheers, Katherine "electric_d" <electric_d.vqwbb@excelforum-nospam...

Help needed in excel transpose #2
I need a macro to transpose data in the excel.The data that i have is in the following format: Summary Some data Steps 1)Some data 2)Some data Expected Result Some data Keywords Some data This is repeated in the next row and so on.. I need it in the following format Summary Steps Expected Result Keywords somedata 1)Some data Some data Some data 2)Some data Summary Steps Expected Result Keywords somedata 1)Some data Some data Some data 2)Some data Note that th...

Excel 2007 & XP/Vista
I hope this is the right newsgroup for this posting, my apologies if not. If I open a workbook in Vista (which also loads Common Macros.xlsm via XLSTART) and then open another workbook this also opens the same instance of Excel. However, if I then try open a workbook in an email attachment another instance of Excel loads and I get the message "File in Use - Common Macros.xlsm is locked for editing" and I am given the option to Open Read Only, Notify or cancel. In my XP installation everything opens within the one instance of Excel without any problems. Is there anything tha...

Input Japanese in Excel X
I have english version of Office X. I can input Japanese in Word X but can not do it in Excel X, when I try to paste the Japanese characters that I type in Word X to Excel X it appear to be some symbol and character, I have also double check that the font of the cell is set to Osaka already. Excel X had already been registered to Japanese. On 7/30/03 8:14 AM, in article c85ebdb0.0307291514.3a5305e1@posting.google.com, "CY" <dcywoo@attglobal.net> wrote: > I have english version of Office X. I can input Japanese in Word X > but can not do it in Excel X, when I try to p...

Is there a limit to the number of worksheets in an excel file?
I have an excel file with about 150 worksheets. It will continue to grow. Is there a limit to the size of this file or can I just keep adding worksheets (they are inter-related with VLOOKUP functions). Per the XL help file, the no. of worksheets is only limited by memory. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I have an excel file with about 150 worksheets. It will continue to grow. >Is there a limit to the size of this file or can I just keep adding >worksheets (they are inter-related with VLOOKUP functions). >. > ...

Comparing Excel Documents
How do may I compare two worksheets the way you can compare documents in word, so that the differences are highlighted? Thanks HTH Brand Myrna Larson and Bill Manville have developed a compare that's very nice. http://www.cpearson.com/excel/whatsnew.htm look for compare.xla But the bad news is that this does a cell-by-cell comparison. A1 compares to A1, x99 to x99, etc. If you insert/delete a row or column, then this won't work very well. ======= Other alternatives that may work depending on what kind of differences you're looking for: Save each worksheet as a .csv file a...

In Excel, how do I get rid of duplicate records? Based on text r.
I work with long lists of people's names and addresses for marketing. I would like to find a shortcut to get rid of duplicate names and addresses instead of manually looking at each record. I looked at Functions and found Exact but that just identifies duplicate records and I find the functions to be complicated if not shown how to create the proper syntax. Thanks. You might like to have a look at Chip Pearson's web page on working with duplicates - http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm Hope this helps cheers JulieD "White T-Bird Kitten" <White T-Bird Kitte...