y-axis problems

Hello,

When I create a bar chart (in powerpoint or excel) on my PC, the last letter
on the X axis label gets cut off when I rotate the label to run sideways.  It
works fine on my laptop, but if I open the file on my PC and click on the
chart area, the last letter disappears.

0
CelMar (1)

This is a very common experience. Some uses add "hard-spaces" which is ANSI
0160  - hold ALT down and  type 0160 on numeric pad

Other add some nonsense text (three periods) and format it with a color and
background to make invisible.

Best wishes
-
Bernard Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme
remove CAPS in email address

"CelMar" <CelMar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> When I create a bar chart (in powerpoint or excel) on my PC, the last
> letter
> on the X axis label gets cut off when I rotate the label to run sideways.
> It
> works fine on my laptop, but if I open the file on my PC and click on the
> chart area, the last letter disappears.

0
bliengme5824 (3040)
10/23/2004 5:48:10 PM
In addition to Bernard's workarounds, you may experiment with video settings (i.e.,
the Windows desktop) and with the zoom in Excel. In most cases where this problem
comes up, there are only certain combinations that exhibit the truncated vertical
axis label.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP