y-axis lable truncates words, why?

I upgraded to Office 2003 and now my y axis chart lables are truncated unless
I use a very small font.  What is wrong?

1 word doc, multiple tabs
Other people have referenced a tabbed view to be able to view multiple documents at one time. Really Windows 7 taskbar takes care of this. I, on the other hand, want to see multiple tabs within 1 document like Excel. Example of use: I'm thinking about writing a book, and I have SEVERAL scenes in my head. Right now I would have to create SEVERAL word documents to get them all down, then create a main document and copy and paste stuff back and forth as I write. With a single tabbed document, I could write all my scenes as individual tabs, then "link" them to the m...

Column chart with 2 Y axis's
I have two Y axis, the secondary is 10x the primary in values. The 1 data series plotted against the secondary axis shows up right on top of the 4 data series plotted against the primary axis. Is there some way to avoid this, so all 5 data series appear side by side with no overlap? Thanks!!! Norm PS Excel 2002 & WIndows 2000 Pro Father Guido ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ I plan on living forever... so far, so good Plot the data series you want on the secondary axis not once but 5=20 times. Ensure all of them are on ...

Excel to Word #3
I have just completed a userform with tons of fields. Once submitted it places the data into the worksheet. The worksheet itself has 141 columns of different values. Now I need to have some sort of code that fits into a command button from the toolbox on the actual worksheet to transfer data form each row that has data into a word document. Each row has to be it's own paragraph. Is this possible? A short sample of the data layout: Column Headers: ID Description Total Location Date Coats Labor (hrs) 20 Room Painted $500.00 Living Ro...

word docs converted to Winmail.dat
Ok I have been doing some searching and seen that this is a big issue. I am the system admin in our company and have done the setup on all the systems. We are all using Outlook 2000. All are setup as Internet Mail. One system is setup as Corporate and that one is having problems sending emails. Every word document they send is being changed to winmail.dat. I looked at the formatting and it was not set as Outlook Rich Text it was set to HTML. Conversly I have tried to create the problem on my system by using the Rich Text Formnatting and all my mail is sent and received properly. Clearly the fo...

Important Word Options to be selected in Word 2007
-- mprnair What about them? -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "mprnair" <mprnair@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:355F31FF-4AAB-4ED6-B326-88FA301C0EED@microsoft.com... > > -- > mprnair > ...

Bottom border line won't print in Word 2004 for Mac
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel On the screen I can place a page border in Word 2004 for Mac document, but in Print Preview the bottom line of the border disappears. And, of course, when I print, the bottom line won't appear. It doesn't appear that any footer (which I don't want) is in the way of the margin that I have set. Any solution to this? See: http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/BottomsDontPrint.htm Also confirm that you have the latest printer driver from the mfr's web site as well as all current updates for Offi...

Number to Word
I want to enter "1" in cell a1 and i want "annual" to populate into b1. Iwant to enter ".52" in cell a1 and i want "semi-annual to populat into b1. so on and so on. I want excel setup up so if i type 1 that it puts annual into a cell Annual, semi annual, quarterly and monthly. Is this possible?? Thanks -- 867503 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- 8675039's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1633 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27756 A VL...

Transfer a Publisher file to Word
I have made of a front page for a book in Publisher and want to copy it to the front of a Word document. It consists of a border, background, text and a jpg photo. I cannot save it as a *.pub and transfer to Word, so I am resaving in 'JPEG File Interchange Format' and transferring it that way. It goes across successfully but the text prints hairy edged. Any suggestions? -- B.Collin Transfer the images as images and the text as text. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "B.Collin" <BCollin@discussion...

Autoadjusting Y axis minimum
I want the axis to adjust to 2/3 of the lowest value in my chart. How do I get my minimum to change? When I set it to auto it just starts at 0. You have to do it programmatically. Jon Peltier has shared code on the subject. Search google.com's archives of the XL newsgroups. For a readymade solution check the AutoChart Manager add-in available from my web site. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <088801c3c33e$a17899d0$a001280a@phx.gbl>, adam.skin...

Word as email editor and attachment problem
Using Outlook 2000 with Exchange Server 2000. I have a custom form published to a public folder and all is well, except for those users that have Outlook set to use Word as the e-mail editor.. They can see and use the form fine except for one thing...they can't open attachements. The attachment icon is there, but if they right-click on the icon, the only menu choice is copy. Double-click does nothing as well. If they switch the Outlook mail format to NOT use Word, attachments work fine again. Does anyone know the fix for this? Thanks in advance!!! Tyler ...

Where is print preview in Word 2010
I'm lost - where under print do I find print preview? cb4134 wrote: > I'm lost - where under print do I find print preview? Click the File tab and click Print, or just press Ctrl+P. The entire right side of the screen shows the print preview. In fact, unless you put the Quick Print button on the Quick Access Toolbar and use that, you can't avoid the print preview. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. Jay seems to be re...

Copying and Pasting Excel Tables into Word
We do our financials in Word, and copy and paste special as enhanced metafiles the tables that we do in Excel. This works perfectly in Word 2003. In 2007 however, when we past the table and print it, the table looks different (letter spacing funny, not smooth). I have tried printing to five different printers and it still happens. I'd suggest a slightly different approach. If you insist on using enhanced metafiles, try the following: 1. Select the range that you want to copy. 2. Instead of Copy, select the dropdown under Paste>As Picture>Copy as Picture. 3...

Word wrap #2
This is driving me nuts. I'm trying to insert a picture into a text box that already contains text. I want the text to wrap around the picture, but nothing I do makes it work. What am I missing? Jeff Are you setting the wrap properties on the picture? Outline the steps you are taking, and the problem you are having/seeing. What version of Publisher? -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression "Jeff Stanton" <jstanton@hughes.net> wrote in message news:BFNyk.205$wr1.171@newsfe02.iad... > This is driving me nuts. I'm trying to ins...

webdings characters and word
hey, im trying to do a mail merge to word and one of the columns on m spreadsheet ive formatted with webdings and a "c" character cos i nee to have a box on the word page, but when i do the mail merge it jus comes up as a "c". if I format the text in word as webdings it gives m a half block kind of thing. any ideas? thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Matt In the cell is the letter c. That's it!! It's the Wingdings font that makes it look like the graphic. You'd have to format the mailmerge font to Wingdings for that letter, to get the sa...

Change "Y" axis from integer to text
Excel 2k Is it possible to change the range on the Y axis from numbers (0-50-100) to text (low-medium-high) without just placing text boxes on the chart? Please let me know how!! You can simulate the effect. See http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/DummySeries.html#VertCatAxis -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <077501c48c13$dde7a6b0$a401280a@phx.gbl>, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says... > Excel 2k > > Is it possible to change the range on the Y axis ...

Adding 2nd Y-axis to Excel2003 chart
I am making a simple line chart with two types of column data. I want to represent them with separate Y-axes. However, when I select the two columns of data and go through the Chart wizard the secondary Y-axis option is inaccessible. Excel 2003 help is no help as it tells me to go to the Format Menu, click Selected Data Series then click the Axis tab, but there is no such option under my format menu. How do I select the secondary Y-axis option? Hi, The chart wizard does not give you the option to place the selected data on 2 axes. You will have to do it once the chart is cre...

different colors for x-Value axis
I want to use different colors for X-Values in X-axis of a chart. Is it possible? Example I-1, I-2 black II-1, II-2, II-3 grey III-1, III-2 red IV pink V-1, V-2, V-3 green -- Rasoul Khoshravan Azar Civil Engineer, Osaka, Japan The best solution is that, Excel brings the formatting of x-axis value from source cell. -- Rasoul Khoshravan Azar Civil Engineer, Osaka, Japan "Khoshravan" wrote: > I want to use different colors for X-Values in X-axis of a chart. Is it > possible? > Example > I-1, I-2 black > II-1, II-2, II-3 grey > III-1, III-2 red > IV pink >...

truncation of customer fields
I am moving data from a legasy system that allowed 60 to 100 characters for customer name and address fields. GP only allows 60 to 30 respectively. Is there a workaround for this? For example if I used integration manager could I some how put 30 char in address then the remaining in a user field? Would that work or is there a more elegant solution? Thank You for any info. Certianly using the scripting language in IM to split the fields and use one of the address fields is one solution. You could also use extender fields but it is difficult with IM. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Co...

MS Word Formatting
When I start a document and use font size 36 on the first page and go to the second page and change the font it changes it on the first page. Also when I highlight a few words to bold or underline it bold or underlines everything in the whole document. Does anyone know where I change this setting?? HELP PLEASE! For Word you need to go to the Word Newsgroup. If this is an issue in Publisher with an imported Word document, you need to give substantially more information. What is the version of Windows, Publisher and Word involved. Is this a Template you are using, and what type of document...

Displaying Total Word Count on Cover Sheet
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I want to display/show the Total Word count of my document on the Cover Page, when I print my document is is there on the Cover Page. How can I do that? Is there an Auto Text or something like that that I can use? Please anyone reply please. You can use Insert> Field to insert the NumWords Field from the Document Information category. However, the field does not update automatically. You need to update it manually by clicking in the field & pressing F9, by Control/Right-Clicking the Field & selecting...

insert multiple page Word document into Excel
How do I insert a multiple page Word document into Excel so that I can view the pages by scrolling down the spreadsheet without opening or editing the Word document? Hi this is IMHO not the way Excel will work (and I doubt this is possible) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "S.W." <S.W.@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:D7087D76-A4F3-46BB-90A9-FEB054B24AEB@microsoft.com... > How do I insert a multiple page Word document into Excel so that I can view > the pages by scrolling down the spreadsheet without opening or editing the > Word doc...

word document erased and saved
Have a user (office 2007, vista business) who is working on a document. Something happens and document is cleared and saved as blank document. Is there any scenario (apart from operator error) explaining this? I take it you have checked that the text hasn't been inadvertently formatted as hidden or in white color? -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "dcovington" <dcovington@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2AE949F5-0928-4AF8-AB1C-12968D34B14B@microsoft.com... > Have a user (office 2007, vista business) who is working on a document....

Q: Charting with two variables on the Y-axis
Using Excel 2000: Hey all, I have two tables and want a line graph based on one row, but with the values of another row: Votes: ------ Region1: 10, 10, 15 Total: 50, 60, 100 Satisfaction Rates: ------------------- Region1: 60%, 80%, 45% Overall: 50%, 90%, 50% I want a line graph that compares the satisfaction rates of region 1 vs. overall (ie, it will show two lines, one for region1, one for overall). That's pretty straightforward. However, what I also want is, for Region1, to show the vote counts as values above (or below) the datapoints for the region 1 line. Can this be ...

import from word
I can import a large document from word, but I'd like to format all of the pages at once, rather than one page at a time. I created a master page with the right formatting, but I can't get all of the text to go into that at the same time. How do I change the formatting for all the pages (and text boxes) at the same time? Or, how can I select all of the text and copy and paste it into the text boxes created with the master page? Thanks Create one text box with the page margins correctly arranged to your specifications. (Why the Master page?). Select the text box, right-click, ...

X axis needed for Line Chart
-- FL ...