XY Scatter Chart Not Showing X Axis

I'm trying to create a quadrant analysis.  I have the four quadrants as
stacked columns and the real data as a XY Scatter.  The x axis for the XY
Scatter is not showing.  The real data series are marked as the secondary
axis.  Does anyone know how to make the  X axis appear?

Usually Excel gives you both secondary axes when you add an XY series to a
column chart. Go to Chart menu > Options > Axes, and check the box for the
secondary X axis. If you're using Excel 2007, it's found on the middle of
the three charting tabs, under Axis.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"WolfgangPD" <WolfgangPD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to create a quadrant analysis.  I have the four quadrants as
> stacked columns and the real data as a XY Scatter.  The x axis for the XY
> Scatter is not showing.  The real data series are marked as the secondary
> axis.  Does anyone know how to make the  X axis appear?

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

Cutting a line in a line chart when data series stops
I have a series like so: Jan 10 Feb 10 Mar 11 Apr 12 May Jun Jul And so on - the rest of the year is blank. When I draw a line chart for the full 12 months the series draws a line up to April, then plummets to zero in May. I want the line to just stop at April. If I use a series as above and genuine empty cells for the end of the year this ok, but since my May cell reads =IF($A11<=$D$17,G11,"") the "" does not seem to get recognised as a blank cell. Please help!! Change your formula to =IF($A11<=$D$17,G11,NA()) -- David Biddulph "DannyS" <Da...

All charts in gray color
In SharePoint Sever after I upload a excel file all my charts are displayed in single gray color, not even a different tones of gray just one tone, any idea how to correct that behavior? Thanks in advance ...

text not showing when i type in the email body
when i type in the body of the email nothing shows up. i can type in the subject and type in address. i cant copy and paste from a word doc. any suggestions. thx What version of Outlook are you using? I assume you've already tried rebooting? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.html Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon "yanto" <yanto@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8DEEB82A-EF41-4692-9470-8713...

label points on an XY graph
Please add the ability to label points in an XY graph. This feature was available in the very first release of Lotus 123 in used back in 1984. The add in "XY lChart abeler" works okay, but is very slow with large data sets and does not work well when the data is modified (e.g. it does not adjust when a row is deleted). ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to ope...

Other References for VBA on Mac OS X?
Does VBA on Mac OS X have any References (object/type libraries) other than the default ones supplied with the Office X installation? And if so, where/how does one obtain them? -- Debi On 3/31/04 7:27 PM, in article 1e3d5e9a.0403311927.3abf148@posting.google.com, "Debi" <debit72@yahoo.com> wrote: > Does VBA on Mac OS X have any References (object/type libraries) other > than the default ones supplied with the Office X installation? And if > so, where/how does one obtain them? There's no VBA specific to a particular Mac OS. It's specific to the version of Of...

how do I show filter information on a pivot chart in excel2007?
In the previous version of Excel that I used you had the option to show Pivot Chart buttons which detailled how the chart had been filter. I can't find a replacement for this in 2007 so if someone prints the chart it isn't comprehensive in that you can't tell how it's been filtered. I create a lot of these for less experienced users and this info can be critical since descisions are made based on these charts. Can anyone help please? -- ATB Russ Hi, See the reply to my question about the same issue (added 16/9). That works. You just need to modify the macro for every s...

How can I add values from several worksheets in a line chart seri.
I have an Excel document with 12 (monthly) worksheets. I want to make a line chart pulling data in one cell (same cell on each sheet) from each of the twelve sheets. In other words, Jan F2 + Feb F2 + Mar F2, etc. Can I do that on the chart's Source Data menu in the Series/VALUES field? If so, what is the proper language/formula. If not, what are my options? Do I have to make a total page and pull from it? Also, is it possible to make the Category (X) axis label be the Worksheet Name (Jan, Feb, Mar) Lastly, is there a place that gives sample formulas for someone trying to brush...

ActiveX control wont show
Hi all, I am trying to use an activeX control on one of my docking windows. I create it with WS_VISIBLE style but when I run the application it isn't visible. I have even tried using ShowWindow but that doesn't work either. But when I add the control on a dialog within my app it works all right. Is it because I create the control on the dialog in the graphics editor and the control on my docking window through the code? Please help. Any suggestions would be much appriciated. Thanks ...

[Entourage 2004] Show me the date!
Hi, How can I force Entourage 2004 (SP2) to sort mails by received and at the same time show me the receive date instead of weekday and time? It doesn't work to disable 'Use relative dates in lists (Today, Yesterday)' in General Preferences > General. It still shows me weekday and time instead of the date. -- Regards Madsen Under the "View" menu, set "Preview Pane" to "Below List" or "None". If the Preview Pane is set so that it is "On Right", the message list will always use relative dates. I agree that it is an unfo...

Deleted scheduled transfers still showing on bill calendar
I have Money 06 and use to have a scheduled transfer in the bills section. Recently, I deleted the scheduled transfer from the bill page. However, the future transactions will not delete from the bills calendar. Does anyone know how to delete these future transactions from the calendar. If it makes a difference, the account that is being transferred to was originally set up as an online account and was recently changed to an offline account. Thank you ...

v.X 10.1.5, Filevault, 10.3.3 = no good?
enabled filevault, and all office apps spit out an error: "An unexpected occurred while trying to load the Microsoft Framework X library". V.x 10.1.5, 12pb 1ghz, filevault on,10.3.3. anyone know a fix? In article <ebd69ebb.0404291817.41e30ce@posting.google.com>, ekoelbel@mac.com (Eric Koelbel) wrote: > enabled filevault, and all office apps spit out an error: > > "An unexpected occurred while trying to load the Microsoft Framework X > library". > > V.x 10.1.5, 12pb 1ghz, filevault on,10.3.3. > > anyone know a fix? I've never had ...

Chart's DataTable
Some times we need to show source data with chart. we could turn it true by use specific name in axis(xlcategory) or by using source data 's linking picture . Both of these could help us to show specific series. and as all of us know that, the chart's datatable will show all of the series' value. I want to know whether we can hide any dummy series in chart's data table directly. Thanks for your answer in advance. Hi, No. Formatting, including hiding, of chart data table elements is very restricted. This may help http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/data_table/index.htm...

OS X 10.3.3 & Office 98 partial launches
I transferred Office 98 folders from my old G4 OS9.2.2 system to a G5 10.3.3. Most of my OS 9 apps, including very old and recent ones, load and work properly. However each app in Office [Word, Excel, PP] load partially: PP actually gives me the OPen new project dialogue, Excel and Word only get to the splash screen, and then they crash. Alerts have popped up during some of the partial launches saying that ATM can't do this or that. So presumably this has something to do with fonts. If so what fonts does MS Office need, etc. Can anyone help me with details or suggest a line of trial an...

How do make a cell show a check mark on 'click'
Hello, I am trying to have a column whose cells toggle a check or a 'tick' sign when clicked on. How can I do this? I can't find any info on the excel books I have Thanks in advance for your help! Michelle Excel doesn't really have a way to catch a single click on a cell. How about a right click (or even double click)? Here's a routine that checks to see if you rightclicked in column A. If you did it checks to see what's in that cell. If it's empty, it adds a formula (=char(252)) and formats the cell with a Wingdings font. If the cell has something in i...

wrap text in a chart data table #2
Hi, Im have created a graph, which ive had no problem, but i when i click the option to "show data table" i cannot get the titles to wrap to the box, i have searched but i cannot find an option to wrap the text as i need it for a presentation. I do not want to just simply alter the font size if possible. Is there anyway of doing this? ...

Chart line colors
Hi I create a few charts in code from VB.NET using the excel interops, office 2003. In my software I need to be able to set the color of the lines i.e. the color of each series on the chart. There may be up to 9 series per chart. How do I asign a color to the series lines on the chart? Thanks Pieter Get out your version of Excel, make a chart like the one your code will produce, then record a VBA macro while you change the series formats manually. Then all that's left is to translate the VBA into VB.Net. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solut...

Chart background color not copying along
Hi, I have a problem with charts that are placed on seperate chartsheets within my workbook. The chart-area is filled in different of yellow with a fill-effect. No problems thus far. But now when I'm copying the chart to word, the background-fill is reset to a black/white scheme instead of yellow. Strange behaviour that didn't occur up till november 2008. I've been researching this for a while. Up till now I found the following: This only happens when the chart is on a seperate sheet, not when it is positioned on a worksheet. It only happens with fill-effects. The color-swit...

Automatic axis format

Autofilter not showing all data
Hi, I am using Excel XP (2002) and have a created a very simple Spreadsheet over time. The first column shows the names of songs and the second shows the artists name. There are about 15000 rows would you believe and I am having a problem using the autofilter on the artists column, where as it doesn't show all the artists names, if I add any new artists to the list they now don't appear inthe autofilter list.... What can I do? Andy Read this Andy http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter02.html#Limits -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl...

how to chart same cell in multiple sheets
I have an excel template with 3 worksheets that I created for others to input information into certain cells on each sheet on a daily basis, and resulting save with similar file names. I want to compare the information between workbooks (plotting) to see if the trend results are going up or down. Is there a way to plot a chart, based upon the information in one specific cell (or same specific group of cells) within multiple sheets (excel 2000 or 97)? I can present the information in various ways. 1) Same cell or group of cells within same named worksheet, over many workbooks (files)....

VBA
Dear all, I have several charts in a sheet for which I need to change the data ranges. Currently each chart has a different data range, and for each chart the new desired data range is just an straightforward extension of the original (i.e., the new data ranges could be easily calculated from the original ones just by adding a fixed number of rows/ columns). I am therefore trying to implement a macro for updating the data ranges of my charts automatically, but so far I haven't found a way for getting the actual data range of a chart. I guess I'm looking for something like the opposit...

How to stay in biosloader splash screen until wince os screen show
Hi? I'm using atom bsp and iegd driver at x86 board. Using a biosloader, the logo image is cleared and black screen shows up during over 10 seconds. I'd like to make the logo image remain until wince os screen shows. How can i do it? I already tried it by modifing config.bib to set framebuffer reservation. Then the logo image didn't disappeared but the os screen didn't show up. Modding the config.bib is not the right way to solve this issue. In most cases it is the display driver that wipes the video memory (or at least the primary surface) as part of its initi...

Some accounts don't show up on the Get online statement list
I've set up some new accounts with my financial broker and check "get online statements". But when I go to connect these accounts do not show up in the "Get Statement" List for that institution. What do I need to do to add these to the list? In microsoft.public.money, Steven Friedman wrote: >I've set up some new accounts with my financial broker and >check "get online statements". But when I go to connect >these accounts do not show up in the "Get Statement" List >for that institution. What do I need to do to add these to &g...

Outlook 6.x Link freezing
I have a user running winME, and Outlook 6.00 (fully updated) Embeded links (straight html format) keep leading to a temporary freeze. Usually after 2min, activity resumes, but without opening the link. And ideas? ~Yue Yue <daovanveries@msn.com> wrote: > I have a user running winME, and Outlook 6.00 (fully > updated) > > Embeded links (straight html format) keep leading to a > temporary freeze. Usually after 2min, activity resumes, > but without opening the link. > > And ideas? Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

XY Scatter Chart #2
I am creating a chart inside of a microsoft access form. I am trying to use the XY Scatter chart. On the Y-axis, I have 2 columns of data listed based on 50 units. On the X-axis, I have a timeline based on days. When I press the 'Preview Chart' button when I am going through th wizard and the chart and data look exactly like I need it to. Once click the finish button, I get a totally different look. Has anyon ran into this before? Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Maybe the chart was created with series in rows, instead of columns. To fix that: Open the f...