XY marker change for entire workbook

Is there a way to change the markers for data series across several charts
within a workbook?  I have been given A LOT of charts to make consistent and
was wondering is there is a way to apply a certain marker style to an entire
data series across several charts.  Each chart is made from one data sheet in
the workbook, but placed on a separate page within the workbook.
0
rnason16 (2)

You would need to use a macro to loop through the charts, changing the
markers. For example

Sub ChangeMarkers()
  Dim cht As Chart
  Dim srs As Series
  For Each cht In ActiveWorkbook.Charts
    For Each srs In cht.SeriesCollection
      Select Case srs.Name
        ' add cases and marker info here based on series name
        Case "Alpha"
          srs.MarkerStyle = xlMarkerStyleSquare
          srs.MarkerBackgroundColorIndex  = 3
          srs.MarkerForegroundColorIndex  = 3
        Case "Beta"
          srs.MarkerStyle = xlMarkerStyleTriangle
          srs.MarkerBackgroundColorIndex  = 5
          srs.MarkerForegroundColorIndex  = 5
      End Select
    Next
  Next
End Sub

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"rnason16" <rnason16@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to change the markers for data series across several charts
> within a workbook?  I have been given A LOT of charts to make consistent
> and
> was wondering is there is a way to apply a certain marker style to an
> entire
> data series across several charts.  Each chart is made from one data sheet
> in
> the workbook, but placed on a separate page within the workbook.

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)
2/13/2007 6:18:54 PM
YIKES!
thank you for the information.

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

> You would need to use a macro to loop through the charts, changing the
> markers. For example
>
> Sub ChangeMarkers()
>   Dim cht As Chart
>   Dim srs As Series
>   For Each cht In ActiveWorkbook.Charts
>     For Each srs In cht.SeriesCollection
>       Select Case srs.Name
>         ' add cases and marker info here based on series name
>         Case "Alpha"
>           srs.MarkerStyle = xlMarkerStyleSquare
>           srs.MarkerBackgroundColorIndex  = 3
>           srs.MarkerForegroundColorIndex  = 3
>         Case "Beta"
>           srs.MarkerStyle = xlMarkerStyleTriangle
>           srs.MarkerBackgroundColorIndex  = 5
>           srs.MarkerForegroundColorIndex  = 5
>       End Select
>     Next
>   Next
> End Sub
>
> - Jon
> -------
> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
> Tutorials and Custom Solutions
> http://PeltierTech.com
> _______
>

> "rnason16" <rnason16@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Is there a way to change the markers for data series across several charts
> > within a workbook?  I have been given A LOT of charts to make consistent
> > and
> > was wondering is there is a way to apply a certain marker style to an
> > entire
> > data series across several charts.  Each chart is made from one data sheet
> > in
> > the workbook, but placed on a separate page within the workbook.

0
rnason16 (2)

Changing Display Name of Account Entity
I have changed the name of the account entity to Groups and this has displayed correctly. However, when looking at Views the headings still have Account Name which I assume it is picking up from the Display Name on the entity. I can't seem to change this as it is greyed out - is there a way to change the headings on Views? Thanks Sue Ignore this - I was looking in the wrong place! "Sue Westlake" wrote: > I have changed the name of the account entity to Groups and this has > displayed correctly. However, when looking at Views the headings still have > Account ...

Online screen changes not offline
We made some screen changes (added fields and moved fields) to our crm screens. The changes are there in IE and look great. Our SFO people don't get the screen updates. New Installs have the changes, but our existing users don't. Even when the SFO people go 'online', they don't have the updates (looks like it's pulling the screens locally). Of course, if the SFO people use ie, the updates are there. BTW. The SFO users appear to sync cleanly. How do I sync the screen updates to my laptop/SFO folks? thanks Try clearing the cache of forms on the SFO mach...

copy and paste whole worksheet from one workbook to another
I need to copy an entire worksheet from one workbook to another. Currently, i am using the following code: Set objExcel = CreateObject("Excel.Application") set objWorkbook = objExcel.Workbooks.Open(Filename1) set objWorksheet = objworkbook.worksheets(1) objExcel.displayalerts=false Set objRange = objWorksheet.UsedRange objRange.copy set objworkbook = objExcel.workbooks.open(filename2) set objworksheet = objworkbook.worksheets("FS Data") Set objRange2 = objexcel.Range("A1") objrange2.activate objworksheet.paste objworkbook.save My data get...

Change Folder icons in Folders list
Hello! I wanted to ask if anyone knows how I can change the icon of a new folder in my personal folders list. So I created a new folder and for example want to have it the same icon as the sent items folder. Thanks! -mac- ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Did anybody figure out how to do this? I would really like to know =). Thanks ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet me...

Publisher changes the default paper size before I print
I go to page setup and change to 5 x 7 (as I am makeing a postcard of that size). I create the document. Then I go to print. I make sure the paper size under page set-up and on my printer is "index card 5 x 8" I hit print. The printer or program has changed the papersize to 8.5 x 11 and my pre-cut postcards are ruined. What is the issue here? Does anyone know? What are the dimensions of your pre-cut card? If there are two cards per page, use the postcard half page setting. If you are setting up your printer for 5 x 8 then the printer is expecting stock that is 5 x 8. If ther...

Any changes in CAdapt class from ATL 6.0 to ATL 7.0?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C377BD.65849D60 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable This used to compile fine in VC 6.0. Now I get this error -=20 error C2664: 'ATL::CAdapt<T>::CAdapt(const T &)' : cannot convert = parameter 1 from 'ATL::CComPtr<T>' to 'const IXPtr &' Thanks in advance. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C377BD.65849D60 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DO...

Changing Business Units / Organization Charts
We are doing a demonstration to a potential client that has been known to change the structure of their sales organization on a frequent basis. We are very familiar with the management of Business Units, territories, etc. but we have not encountered this sort of situation where changes are needed. Has anyone encountered this scenario? Has CRM been able to support it and retain the relational data from past structures? Are there any tools out there that would be an "add-on" to CRM to allow for this happen? You might get some mileage out of c360's products which lets you vie...

Changing property in control
I have a border property in my control. In Word97, when I change the value of the border most of the time it does not get applied immediately. Sometimes the controls draw function is called and sometimes not. I don't know why. Even when the Draw() function is called the border may not change. If I change the size of the control in Word, then the border is always applied. Occasionally it is applied; that is when I click Ok to close the property box, the border immediately changes. It seems like there is some issue with activation (the control is WindowLess). Again I don't have any probl...

Changing the amount of leads that appear on lead page.
This seems like it would be something rather simple to do with customizations but I have not yet found a way. Right now we have 50 leads showing per page and some people have 500+ leads is there a way to have it so that more leads say 100 or maybe even all leads appear in the my leads page. Is there a reason 50 is the default limit? I am pretty new to CRM so forgive me if this is an easy question Hi, There is a setting under Workplace-->Personalize Workplace-->General that lets one modify the number of records that show up on each page. Please note that this will change the num...

Changing result color
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01CA4D8A.E24B1F00 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Need help (again) I have an Excel 2007 worksheet column that contains a calculated average = of some daily postings. Is there a way to change the font color of the = results when the average exceeds a certain number ? The calculation of the average is fine but I would like to have high = results really stand out when the average exceeds 150. Thanks for your help. Gene L. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01...

Exchange Hosting and PW Changes
Hello, We are hosting an Exchange 2k3 server that customers access via a VPN connection using the Outlook 2003 client. The Exchange server is it's own AD server and is separate from the end-users AD environments. We have implemented password expirations, but due to the pass-through authentication that appears to be used in a VPN/hosted configuration, the "14 day reminder" messages are never displayed.. How do others handle this? I'm planning to write a daily vbScript to send email notifications, but is there something better? Thanks, Troy ...

How can I change an excel document
How can I change an excel document back a regular folder? I opened a folder with excel by mistake, it had several emails in it. Now I can't read it. what do I do to be able to change back to a folder so I can open it? Thank you. Sara gkuhL3@adelphia.net It sounds like you opened a file and actually saved it in excel (or let autosave save it). It that's what happened, do you have a backup of your original file? I don't think there's a way to go back. Depending on what that file was (plain text???), you may be able to reopen it in excel and extract some info--but I would...

Modify This Code for WorkBook Loop
As you can see the code below, everything is the same, except template(x).xls where x is 1,2,3 and so on. Can someone help me to modify this code so it'll look through every template(x).xls workbook in the same folder? as an additonal question, when I use the below below on a new worksheet, it starts at line 2, is there a way to start at line1 or line 5? Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() Dim wb As Workbook, ws As Worksheet, i As Integer Set wb = Workbooks.Open(ThisWorkbook.Path & "\template1.xls") Set ws = wb.Sheets("Sheet1") Dim intRow As Int...

Coding form to change multiple records
I have a form that displays one record displaying information about a piece of equipment. Each similar piece of equipment is marked with a "use order" which indicates what order they will be installed on the machine. When the user changes the status from "inventory" to "on machine", I automatically change the "user order" on that piece of equipment from 1 to null (since it is now installed). But I also want to change the other equipment that is marked 2, 3, 4 to 1, 2, 3 to show that they have moved up in the queue. I used the AfterUpdate event...

Change to different sender in outlook 2003
Hello Today I use outlook 2003 with exchange 2003. On a user in AD i have enter sevral diffrent email addresses. HOW can I change the sender in outlook 2003 ex email on user info@domain.com defaul support@domain.co when I send a mail the resever will se info@domain.com as sender BUT some times I want to have support@domain.com as the sendar. How do I fix this.? I dont want do enter AD every time to change there thank Mikael <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > when I send a mail the resever will se info@domain.com as sender BUT > some time...

Can I change text in Pop-Up Boxes for chart items?
I know that I can change the data labels, but I have hundreds of items in the xy chart and want to be able to scroll over a xy data point and have text show instead of the xy coordinates. Thanks! Hi mike, Check out Tushar Metha's Hover Chart Label addin. http://www.tushar-mehta.com/ Cheers Andy mike wrote: > I know that I can change the data labels, but I have > hundreds of items in the xy chart and want to be able to > scroll over a xy data point and have text show instead of > the xy coordinates. Thanks! -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope....

Mulitple saving on a shared workbook
I have a logsheet created in excel 2002 that is a "Shared" workbook. Whenever more than 1 person is logging and saving (this is automated via VBA and userform) at the same time, they get a dialog box that says that someone else is using the form (or changing), do they want to save-as? Is there a way to fix this feature so that it can automatically compare and merge? ...

custom format changes to special
I need to regularly reformat numbers in cells into a custom number (000000000). I create a formatted cell and place a number 1 in it (000000001). I thne copy it and use paste special multiply. This has work great reformatting cells until this week. I tried it and now the cell formats itself into Special Social Security (Portuguese) format. It changes all of the cells even the orginal. Any ideas? I can not change it back. I need the formatting to help with vlookups Thanks Jan ...

How can I change Format Axis Scale Units of a chart ?
Hi there, I have several charts which I created. when I view the Scale information for the X-Axis which always are chronological dates I notice that the "Number of catagories between tick mark lables" section is just a straight Integer value for some of my charts and for some of my other charts it is using date values for the "number of catagories between tick mark labels" how can I change the charts that are using Date values to use integer values the same as my other charts ? Not sure if this will fix your problem but try... In 2003 (or earlier) Select the chart, ...

How to change the "Save As" default path
When I open a preexisting file in Excel and choose to save it under a new name, "Save As", the default path displayed is "C:\My Documents". How can I set it so that the path displayed is the last one accessed? Go to Tools|Options Choose the General Tab Change the file path for the default file location You'll need to know the whole path ahead of time because you have to type it out yourself If you have folder set to display the whole file path in the address bar, I'd suggest navigating to that folder in Explorer, then copying the whole path You can set folders ...

referencing workbooks
I have a small problem with referencing workbooks. There is a workboo set as a parent with a number of child workbooks reference. These chil workbooks also reference the parent which is one directory up. Th problem occurs when the main directory holding all the workbooks an subfolders is moved. The references in the parent to child links ar updated but the child to parent aren't. Any ideas on how to get aroun this -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try openening all workbooks after moving them around. This should help -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "ri...

Comdlg32.ocx Error
I have installed a small COM add-in that creates stationary from HTML templates stored on local computer or network location. I have installed it on Outlook 2000, XP and 2003 with no problems before. I have one computer in particular running Outlook XP, where once installed, when I open Outlook, I get an error telling me comdlg32.ocx could not be found. I did some research and found it is related to trusted sources and security in Outlook. If I change his security settings to low, the add-in runs, but not at the medium level. Computer is a month old running Office XP and Windows XP Pro. ...

Is there any way to recover changes after closing w/o saving?
Well, I did a really stupid thing. Is there any way to recover some recent changes to a spread sheet after accidentally closing w/o saving? Does excel happen to make auto recover files one can get to even if the file not damaged? Sorry--nope. John wrote: > > Well, I did a really stupid thing. Is there any way to recover some recent > changes to a spread sheet after accidentally closing w/o saving? Does excel > happen to make auto recover files one can get to even if the file not damaged? -- Dave Peterson ...

Allow to change the refresh interval time of dynamics home page
Hi, There should be some way that allows user to change the refreshing interval time for the dynamics home page. Regards, Moiz ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx...

Write Contents of TextBox to new Workbook
Hi, I am trying to get a macro to write the contents of multiple textboxes to a new workbook. The idea is that the macro would open up a new workbook, write the contents of the textbox to a named cell range and then save the new workbook with the name of say range "A1" in the new workbook. Is this possible. Many thanks as always. -- Andy Tallent ...