XY Charts

On my Excel sheet I have the following:
1      st          br         pa
2                   23.5
3      25.3
4      25.5     25       24
5                               26.1
6      28.5

On one  chart, would like to see points and lines as follows with the x axis
1-6 and y axis from 23 to 30 and
for "st" a line from 25.3 to 25.5 to 28.5: for "br" 23.5 to 25 and for "pa"
24 to 26.1.
This is a sample of height measurements for three grandsons taken a various
time but not equivalent in age (above in months). When I select an XY scatter
chart I get restricted to only two of the three columns. Help appreciated.
Thanks
0
joe925c (3)

The way it's set up, there is no Y value for X=1. But no matter, let's
continue.

If the numbers 1 thru 6 are typed into cells, you're ready to go. If they
refer to row numbers, you need to insert a column and type the numbers in
the inserted column.

Select this range of data, and insert an XY chart. Double click the Y axis,
and on the Scale tab (in 2003, if it's 2007 it's on the main tab), change
the minimum to 23 and the maximum to 30. With the chart selected go to Tools
menu > Options > Chart tab, and near the top where it says Plot Empty Cells
As, choose Interpolated.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/
_______

"joe925c" <joe925c@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> On my Excel sheet I have the following:
> 1      st          br         pa
> 2                   23.5
> 3      25.3
> 4      25.5     25       24
> 5                               26.1
> 6      28.5
>
> On one  chart, would like to see points and lines as follows with the x
> axis
> 1-6 and y axis from 23 to 30 and
> for "st" a line from 25.3 to 25.5 to 28.5: for "br" 23.5 to 25 and for
> "pa"
> 24 to 26.1.
> This is a sample of height measurements for three grandsons taken a
> various
> time but not equivalent in age (above in months). When I select an XY
> scatter
> chart I get restricted to only two of the three columns. Help appreciated.
> Thanks

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

Charts #6
I has many charts that use the same spreadsheet for information. How can I add lines in my spreadsheet and have the charts automatically update? (currently I go into source data and change the cell number for each one) Thanks! Jon Peltier has information on creating dynamic charts: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html kimw wrote: > I has many charts that use the same spreadsheet for information. How can I > add lines in my spreadsheet and have the charts automatically update? > (currently I go into source data and change the cell number for each one) ...

How to label frequency in Excel Chart
Hi, guys I tried to make a scatter plot in Excel. The issue is that there are repeated data points. For example, (x,y) style (1,3.4), (2,5.5), (2,5.5), (3, 9.9), (3,9.9), (4,23.0)... Can I add a related frequency number around the corresponding data point? Thank you for your help! Ming ...

Chart Colors
This one's got me stumped. I just officiated a test, and would like to make a chart showing 3 different pieces of information: 1. The person's name shown horizontally <---> 2. The person's score shown vertically | 3. The person's exposure time to the subject, shown by the color of their bar (ex: green = brand new / black = very experienced, with shades in between) I know there is a conditional formatting function that does this for cells, but is there any function that is able to do this for charts, or do I simply have to go through and hand-pick the colo...

how do i create 4 pie charts
Hi, Could I enquire if someone could show me the steps to create 4 pie charts in diagram (1 pie chart representing one calendar year)? How do I modify the different size of the pie chart? Thanks a lot. Hi, A chart can only contain a single Pie chart so you will need to create 4 charts. If you create chartobjects these can be embedded in a worksheet or a blank chart sheet. To adjust the size you can alter the plot area. You don't mention what you are using to determine the size of the pie but this page may be of use. http://www.andypope.info/charts/piesizer.htm Cheers Andy Mik...

Displaying symbols in charts with tables
I am trying to create a chart of percentages with the data table displayed with the dhart in Excel 2003. The problem is that I have some symbols in the table (e.g., <1%), which when charted are treated as text and simply show up as a zero in the data table. I would appreciate any suggestions for getting these symbols to appear correctly in the data table displayed with the chart. Thanks! -Aaron jageorge, Unfortunately, you have very little control over the data tables that appear as an option. You can get around this limitation by using worksheet cells as a data table. This exa...

Sales Cycle Flow Chart
I've looked but have only found pieces of the sales cycle flow chart. Can anyone send me the link that shows the entire sales cycle flow chart? I found some really nice graphics for this in the eLearning section of PartnerSource. If you do the Online eLearning, you can download the lessons for offline viewing, then save the images in the lessons. If memory serves, you'll find all sorts of great stuff in the MSCRM 3.0 - Application lessons. "Troy" wrote: > I've looked but have only found pieces of the sales cycle flow chart. Can > anyone send me the link tha...

Unruly chart
I am charting monthly call volumes in a line graph in which I have 7 series (a different line of business). Each series takes 12 cells of data, corresponding to each month of the year, which I have in a different worksheet. Usually I can hit Control and individually click the different cells so that they are all included in the Values, but for some reason this time, I get to the 10th month and it won't let me click on the cell. I click one more time and it starts me over, erasing the previous 9 cells that I have clicked on. Anyone know what's going on and how I can fix it? ...

Building Chart based on Column Value
I would like my chart to show rows where "COLUMN C" = "TEAM1". Then I can change "TEAM1" to "TEAM2" and only chart rows where "COLUMN C" = "TEAM2". Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks! Greg Hi Greggy, There is a sample here http://www.edferrero.com/ReportWorkbook.zip (Might be a bit more than what you want, but the techniques are the same) Ed Ferrero http://www.edferrero.com >I would like my chart to show rows where "COLUMN C" = "TEAM1". Then I > can change "TEAM1" to "TEAM2" a...

How can I prevent Publisher from cutting off an Excel chart?
Publisher resizes the chart I import -- no matter which "paste special" option I use. Using Office 2003 / 2007 Beta. Try an insert instead. Insert, object, scroll down to the program, tick from file... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Yertle" <Yertle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F62BE6A1-91C2-4B4D-977D-87FA52B1E29A@microsoft.com... > Publisher resizes the chart I import -- no matter which "paste special" > option I use. Using Office 2003 / 2007 Beta. ...

text in charts
hi all.. Is it possilbe to have a textbox in a chart, that actaully corresponds to a cell entry in the spreadsheet, to change its contents for whatever I type in the cell? is it possible for the title too? thanks!! To add worksheet text to a chart: 1. Click on the chart to select it. 2. Type an equal sign (you'll see it appear in the formula bar) 3. Click on the cell that contains the text for the chart 4. Press the Enter key. 5. Position the textbox where you'd like it in the chart, and format as desired. tony wrote: > hi all.. > > Is it possilbe to have a te...

Multiple charts in ChartSpace; problems with double Categories
I want to show two or more charts with different categories and data in one chartspace, so I did the following: 1. Create Chartspace 2. Add Chart1 in Chartspace 3. Add Series in Chart1 4. Series.SetData chDimCategories 'A,B,C' 5. Series.SetData chDimValues '5,2,6' Now I see a chart with categories A (value=5), B (value=2) and C (value=6). So everything okay. Next thing I do: 6. Add Chart2 in Chartspace Now I see a second empty chart, BUT WITH already filled categories A,B and C!! I don't want this, because I want to use other categories in this second chart2. And whe...

Efficiently Generate 88 New Chart Sheets
Gang, I've got a simple X*Y chart with year (1977-present) on the x-axis and an estimate of deer population size on the y-axis (actually, there may ultimately be 2 estimates/series). There is nothing really all that fancy about it. It will be updated each year with the current year's estimate. The problem is, I need 87 more just like it - 1 for each of the 88 units that I manage. I have been reading VBA and Excel books and I have yet to find an example on how to "mass produce" a bunch of chart sheets. I take that back - a simple "FOR NEXT" loop will generate t...

Chart Wizard
I have a certain spreadsheet that when i open and then click the Chart Wizard button Excel will close down. The file was created with Excel 2000 and crashes on 2000 and 2003 versions of Excel. The weird thing is , the spreadsheet has AutoFiltered data, and if I untick this option under Data, Filter, and untick AutoFilter the Chart Wizard then works. Any ideas? There's nothing special about the spreadsheet, just numbers and text, some cell formatting and some cells are pick lists. TIA Doug ...

Column chart with 2 Y axis's
I have two Y axis, the secondary is 10x the primary in values. The 1 data series plotted against the secondary axis shows up right on top of the 4 data series plotted against the primary axis. Is there some way to avoid this, so all 5 data series appear side by side with no overlap? Thanks!!! Norm PS Excel 2002 & WIndows 2000 Pro Father Guido ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ I plan on living forever... so far, so good Plot the data series you want on the secondary axis not once but 5=20 times. Ensure all of them are on ...

Workbook reference is reset to [0] in chart data source spec

Help with variables for chart
Hi, I'm hoping someone can point me to a tutorial or helpsite with information as I can't seem to find any. I set up a basic Access database to record stats for my team (it's a contact centre). However, I've now found that the Agent PC's don't have Access, just Excel and Word, so I'm trying to put together something similar. What I had: The Agent chooses a start and end day for their stats. This displays all the data for that time (incoming calls answered, talk time, wrap, idle) and creates a chart for each stat. In addition, it also includes the average for ...

Trendline equation in chart is wrong
I'm having trouble plugging the equation from the trendline of a chart back into the Worksheet to get calculated interpolated values. In essence, I added a 4th order polynomial regression line to an X-Y chart, and then used the displayed equation in the worksheet, working off the X values to get the Y values for the regression curve. It doesn't work. The calculated values are way, way off (several orders of magnitude). I tried it again, lopping off 977 from the plotted Y values, in case dealing with large numbers was causing problems. Again, no joy. I came across an earlier thread desc...

Want to use same Chart against changing data and variable titles?
Excel 2003: I have data for a number of branch offices that is set up in the same format on a spreadsheet. I want to use the same chart to successively display each branch's data and change the title to identify the branch. I have daily data of some of my scrips in rows in a sheet. when I click a particular scrip name that scrip's chart comes up. I presume that this is the similar thing you want. if so send an email I shall send you my sheet as attachment by email and you can modify to suit you -- remove dollars from the following address venkat1926$$$$@$$$$$$yahoo.com "J...

Bridge or Up/Down floating column chart
Might anyone know of an example to a bridge or floating bar chart that I could download and learn from - I need to build a template in excel for lots of Power point slides. I have a book with a picture of one but no examples. Thanks for the time Try either of these tutorial pages: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/FloatingColumns.html http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Waterfall.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ TFrisch wrote: > Might anyone know of an example to a ...

how do i make a chart follow the active cell
I have a worksheet that has frozen panes. I need the chart that is on the worksheet to be visible wherever the cursor is. is this possible? Hi, That would require VBA code. This example places the chart to the right of the active cell. Add this to the sheet code module which contains the chart object. Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) With Target.Parent.ChartObjects(1) .Top = Target.Cells(1).Top .Left = Target.Cells(1).Left + Target.Cells(1).Width End With End Sub Cheers Andy mepetey wrote: > I have a worksheet that has froze...

Adding 2nd Y-axis to Excel2003 chart
I am making a simple line chart with two types of column data. I want to represent them with separate Y-axes. However, when I select the two columns of data and go through the Chart wizard the secondary Y-axis option is inaccessible. Excel 2003 help is no help as it tells me to go to the Format Menu, click Selected Data Series then click the Axis tab, but there is no such option under my format menu. How do I select the secondary Y-axis option? Hi, The chart wizard does not give you the option to place the selected data on 2 axes. You will have to do it once the chart is cre...

ploting one cell from 10 worksheets into one chart
i am trying to figure out a way to plot one cell, lets say c-1 from 10 -30 worksheets, in one workbook; on one chart. Each worksheet is a date and each c-1 value is just a number. any help would help thanks alex n. alex.nazarchuK@unitedwater.com ------------------------------------------------ Message posted from the Excel Tip Forum at http://www.ExcelTip.com/forum/ -- View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelTip.com -- Hundreds of free MS Excel tips, tricks and solutions ------------------------------------------------ You can plot each data point as a separate ser...

Sizing Data Tables on a chart
When I have a data table attached to a chart and size the chart, the data table does not size proportionately ...

URGENT: Creating a chart (Getting the correct input and output) unable to figure out
Hi, I have been trying to create this chart since a long time now and go no clue what am donig wrong. I have some machines in my company and all of them have a end of life for example: Machine 1, at location A with End of Life in 2004 Machine 2, at location B with End of Life in 2008 I want the years on x-axis and the machine locations on y-axis. Afte that I want horizantal lines representing machines which also show th end of life. For a better understanding, see the attached excel file. I have als created an image of the chart I'm looking to draw. Please advise. Thanks. Ker ...

Reduction of data points used for a chart
I have exported a large number of data points from a chromatography data collection program into Excell. I have about 12000 x,y points. (Time versus milliVolts How can I reduce the amount of data points before making a chart? I would like, for example, to use only every tenth point for the chart. Ole - Suppose your data is in column C, starting in C2. In D2, put this formula =OFFSET(C$2,(ROW()-1)*10-1,0) And drag it down as far as you need. This puts the 10th, 20th, etc, points into column D. If you're plotting X-Y data, you need to do this for both X and Y. Use this new data for the...