X, Plus, and Star marker styles do not show all data points

In a scatter chart, the X, Plus, and Star styles simply mark the right end
of each string of data; data points to the left of that position don't show,
unless I use a background color different from the Chart's background.

The square, diamond, triangle, and circle styles show all the data.

Is there a property of these 3 problem styles I should set to make them
display like the 4 that work?

Thanks for any help.

Larry Mehl

0
mehl (38)

Larry -

I've never noticed a problem like that. You're saying the markers only
mark the last point in a series? Are these charts you're doing your VBA
experiments on?

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

L Mehl wrote:
> In a scatter chart, the X, Plus, and Star styles simply mark the right end
> of each string of data; data points to the left of that position don't show,
> unless I use a background color different from the Chart's background.
>
> The square, diamond, triangle, and circle styles show all the data.
>
> Is there a property of these 3 problem styles I should set to make them
> display like the 4 that work?
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> Larry Mehl

0
DOjonNOT (619)
6/7/2004 10:59:53 PM
Hi Jon --

Yes, only the the last point in a sequence.

E.g., there are many x-values of 0 to 500 ; I see the grey background color
sticking out the left side of the chart but nothing indicating values until
500, where is one marker.

Similarly for the range 500 to 1100, except for no marker's background seen
at the right edge, because the x-scale max =1,300.

These are the charts I have been posting about for the last several months.

Larry

"Jon Peltier" <DOjonNOT@SPAMpeltiertechME.com> wrote in message
> Larry -
>
> I've never noticed a problem like that. You're saying the markers only
> mark the last point in a series? Are these charts you're doing your VBA
> experiments on?
>
> - Jon
> -------
> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
> Peltier Technical Services
> Tutorials and Custom Solutions
> http://PeltierTech.com/
> _______
>

> L Mehl wrote:
> > In a scatter chart, the X, Plus, and Star styles simply mark the right
end
> > of each string of data; data points to the left of that position don't
show,
> > unless I use a background color different from the Chart's background.
> >
> > The square, diamond, triangle, and circle styles show all the data.
> >
> > Is there a property of these 3 problem styles I should set to make them
> > display like the 4 that work?
> >
> > Thanks for any help.
> >
> > Larry Mehl

0
mehl (38)

Why XP style not appeared?
I write a IE Band ( A DLL. )like googlebar. I set the RT_MANIFEST and rewrite the resource ID = 2. #define IDR_RT_MANIFEST1 2 Why XP style not appeared? but googlebar has. // this is my stdafx.h #ifndef WINVER // #define WINVER 0x0400 // #endif #ifndef _WIN32_WINNT // #define _WIN32_WINNT 0x0400 // #endif #ifndef _WIN32_WINDOWS // #define _WIN32_WINDOWS 0x0410 #endif #ifndef _WIN32_IE // #define _WIN32_IE 0x0501 // #endif build environment: VS2003 + XP SP2 + IE6 thanks ! ...

Showing 0 after decimal with ROUND

The Bullet Points, And the Paragraph Symbol
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Today I had a problem on MS Word 2008. I opened up the page and went under the note book option for a new document. When it had opened there were bullet points all the way towards the left of the page. Also, after ever line there was a small blue paragraph symbol. If you know how to disable this feature or you can give me some type of hints, please message me back. You have simply toggled the display of non-printing characters. You can toggle them off using the keystroke Command+8, but they are valuable assets when reviewing/...

can I snap wrap points to a text box

Data migration - Adventure Works

Money-style software??
Hi all, Sometime agao I was surfing and found a health & nutrition product that has the same look-and-feel as Money2004. Alas, I didn't bookmark the site and forgot the address :( Anybody has any idea what I'm talking about?? Ivan Ivan Debono wrote: | Hi all, | | Sometime agao I was surfing and found a health & nutrition product | that has the same look-and-feel as Money2004. Alas, I didn't bookmark | the site and forgot the address :( | | Anybody has any idea what I'm talking about?? | | Ivan Maybe it was Fitday: www.fitday.com -- Peter Thank you!!! That ...

adding extra marker styles
how do we add extra marker styles into an excel chart? we have used all the ones it has given us in 2003, but there use3d to be many more in 2002, how do we get them back? Hi, Here is an explanation on how to add custom markers. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/CustomMarkers.html I don't think the marker style have changed since xl2000. Cheers Andy Grizzabella wrote: > how do we add extra marker styles into an excel chart? we have used all the > ones it has given us in 2003, but there use3d to be many more in 2002, how do > we get them back? -- Andy Pope, Micro...

Reading ruler/marker/thingy
Hi, Are you familiar with the process of using a ruler or (I'm talking about actual paper here, not a computer screen) if preferable using those rulers with a colored transparent strip in them to mark the page you're reading or proofing? As you move further in the document you mark the line your reading with the ruler. Kinda like keeping a finger pressed below the last word you've read. It makes it easy to proof against another copy when you must move back and forth between pages without getting lost. Does Word have a similar feature? Something that when click...

Items for review wont show up
I am using MS Money 2004 Small Business. My checking account balance is downloaded each day from my bank. For the last couple days, it continues to download transactions, and tells me that there are now 8 items to review, but when I open up the account, nothing is bold faced to review. On the pane to the left, it still lists 8 items to review. I even went to the bank website and downloaded in the most recent transactions, but this only made the list of items to review larger. I still can't accept any of them. I have tried a quick repair. I also tried restoring the back up, bu...

referencing lines and series points
what is the VBA code for referencing to individual points in a line on line graph? i would like to create a macro to change indiviual points shapes and the color or the lines in between them to different color depending on different parameters. is this possible -- medicenpringle ----------------------------------------------------------------------- medicenpringles's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1645 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39101 Ther easiest way to do this is to first record a macro doing what y...

How to show query parameters on an Excel page header or worksheet?
Is it possible to display query parameters on a page header or on a worksheet? I have a worksheet that uses a query to retrive data from an ODBC database. The Query prompts for the Start Date and End Date. I would like to be able to print the worksheet and display the Start Date and End Date the user typed in. Thank you for your assistance. ...

Option trades with past expiry dates not showing up in Portfolio M
Hello: Money 2006 Portfolio Manager does not show closed option trades that have expiry dates in the past, even when the "show closed positions" is checked. The transactions are still there in the investment accounts, just not visible in portfolio manager. I just called microsoft support and have notified them of the issue and hope that this issue is fixed as an update. If not, it pretty much makes the portfolio manager (and Microsoft Money 2006) useless for option trading investors. "MumbaiBabu" <MumbaiBabu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1...

Source data, in Chart Menu, is grey and not accessible.
I set up a pivot table and designed a chart, saved and closed out of the workbook. Upon returning to work on this project, when selecting the chart menu to work with my source data, the source data is grey and not accessible. What might be causing this and can I correct it? It's a pivot chart. As soon as it's created, it's linked permanently to the pivot table, and you cannot change the source data. you cannot add more data that's not in the pivot table to the chart, nor can you remove data that is in the pivot table from the chart. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft...

Book2 on open; click on X's twice to close Excel 2007?
I had a very annoying quirk that suddenly appeared in my work copy of Excel 2007: whenever I opened Excel, I was presented with a blank workspace. I was accustomed to seeing Book1 and a blank spreadsheet. When I clicked on the New icon, I always started out with Book2! This was the first book I created, why should it be Book2? Also, everytime I tried to close my session of Excel, I would click on the upper right X and the file would close, but the application would not?! I had to click on the same X a second time to close out the whole application. In reading several posts in thi...

calendar showing multiple months
I'm looking for a calendar that will let a user pick MULTIPLE days from a large calendar (6 months or maybe a year). Stephen Lebans version looks good except I don't think it supports multiple day selecting. The days selected might be the first wednesday of each month for 5 months for example. I would use this to then create records in the database for those days selected. Can anyone point me to a NON ActiveX version. I already know of some good activeX versions (but hoping to avoid using ActiveX for this project, since I only need date selection). Mark ...

resetting flyer from 8.5 x 11 to 11 x 17 paper size
in publisher, has anyone ever created a flyer for an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper then wanted to stretch it to fit an 11 x 17 poster size? Select all, group items, stretch to fit new paper size, resize fonts in text boxes. If you don't want to do that, select all, group items, copy, paste special, paste as an enhanced .wmf., resize, all items will scale properly. Keep the original for editing, as you can not change the text or graphics after athe enhanced .wmf is created. "the librarian" <the librarian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:95DAC63E-9E29-4B...