X axis tick mark over label

A client wants the x-axis tick mark label (bar chart) to be positioned under
the tick mark instead of between tick marks. We've managed to do this before
but didn't write it down and now we can't remember. I've been trying every
combination I can think of and nothing makes the tick mark label show under
the tick mark. The Data Series options is at 0 so the bars touch on the sides
and they want the labels to be between the two bars where they touch, which
would be right under the major tick mark. Thanks!
0
RoxSn (8)

Hi,

Double click the category axis and on the scale tab uncheck,
Value (Y) axis crosses between categories.

This will mean adding a dummy set of data to the begining and end of the
data series otherwise you will loses 2 columns.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

"Andy Pope" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Double click the category axis and on the scale tab uncheck,
> Value (Y) axis crosses between categories.
>
> This will mean adding a dummy set of data to the begining and end of the
> data series otherwise you will loses 2 columns.
>
> Cheers
> Andy
>
> RoxSn wrote:
> > A client wants the x-axis tick mark label (bar chart) to be positioned under
> > the tick mark instead of between tick marks. We've managed to do this before
> > but didn't write it down and now we can't remember. I've been trying every
> > combination I can think of and nothing makes the tick mark label show under
> > the tick mark. The Data Series options is at 0 so the bars touch on the sides
> > and they want the labels to be between the two bars where they touch, which
> > would be right under the major tick mark. Thanks!
>
> --
>
> Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
> http://www.andypope.info

0
RoxSn (8)

Chart custom labels
I can individually reference a cell as a data point label, but how can I reference a series of cells for teh whole series of data points? I don't want to have to individually link data points to single cells. When I allow data labels and try to enter teh formula reference in the formula bar, I am unable to - I can only edit when I am referencing a single data point on the chart -- Mardi Hi, Try Rob Bovey's free addin. http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Mardi"...

Mailing labels using Excel
Can anyone tell me why I can't get my mailing labels from excel to work in word? Is there anyway to do mailing labels out of excel without word? Please help. tgonzalez1@nc.rr.com "terri" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:096a01c3d517$b2eb8750$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Can anyone tell me why I can't get my mailing labels from > excel to work in word? Is there anyway to do mailing > labels out of excel without word? Only by writing a macro using VBA. What's the problem when you try to mail merge into Word? Try a simple example...

How do I make a address book for mailing labels
I just got my new computer XP from Dell and it has Microsoft Word and Excel and Outlook. I prefer to use my Outlook Express for my email. What I have been trying to figure out is how to make an address book. Not an email one but an address book with names and address's so I can make labels for return address's and labels to send out Christmas cards. Can someone please show me how to do this, I am going nuts trying to figure it out! I'm not sure if I should be trying to do this in Excel or Word. I do know I don't want to use Outlook for anything at the moment. Any...

Swap Y-Axis numbers
I have a "Line - Column on 2 Axes" chart that looks exactly like I want it to except I want to swap the Y-Axes but leave the chart as is. Is this possible? The primary Y-axis corresponds to the bar charts and is located on the left side of the chart. The secondary Y-axis corresponds to the lines and is located on the right side of the chart. I want to simply show the Primary axis numbers on the right and the secondary axis numbers on the left. Thanks! Change the Line series so it's plotted on the primary axis (double click the series, click on the Axes tab, select prim...

Undoing Mark Read/Unread
I have accidently marked all messages in my supervisor's inbox read or unread. Needless to say he was not a happy camper. Others have also done likewise. Is there a way to undo read/unread to show the inbox as it was previously. Or could there be a prompt added to warn that the entire inbox will be marked read/unread. Do you want to continue? This would save alot of man hours those whose inboxes accidently marked incorrectly and save jobs for those folk like me who accidently marked incorrectly. -- Happydiva There is no undo, unfortunately, and there isn't a built i...

cd/dvd label
I need a template for Memorex cd labels; I've lost mine. Can anyone help me. They are labels at opposite corners of the page. Google for Memorex Label Template -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "MamaLu" <MamaLu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E3ADF434-BAC6-4E10-8AE2-4F530BC6C8B5@microsoft.com... > I need a template for Memorex cd labels; I've lost mine. Can anyone hel...

Force bar chart x-axis labels to two lines?
Is it possible to force the X-axis labels onto two lines, no matter how wide a bar chart is? For a client, I'm creating a series of 50 bar charts showing distribution of prices and margins in certain ranges, so the X-axis labels are like this: "$1.00-$1.50", "$1.50-$2.00", "$2.00-$2.50" and so on. On some of the charts, the labels are split onto two lines, on others, they are not. The client is adamant that all the labels be on two lines. So far, the only option I've found is to copy the chart and paste it into Powerpoint as an enhanced metafile; then ...

How to rezize data label box in pie charts (label wraps to two lin
When creating a pie chart in Excel then pasting into Powerpoint, I have trouble getting the data lablels to look ok. Often times the font is so small it can't be read. When you increase the font size, often a the label such as "October Sales" would be pushed to 2 lines with "October Sa" on the first line. When you select the label, a box appears around the words, but it can not be resized, to get the label back to one line. My work around has been to delete all the label info and leader lines and then to retype the info using drawing/text boxes. Problem...

Tertiary Y Axis
Hi, Would anyone please be able to help me add a tertiary axis to an xy scatter graph? Previous threads on this subject had a link to a site which once contained this information but no longer does. Whilst I realise that having three y-axes is not usually desirable this is a special case. I am using Excel 2003. Thanks Hi, Construction of the axis itself is straight forward. Use a variation of Jon's arbitrary axis http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ArbitraryAxis.html You will of course need to rescale your data to this new scale. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Exc...

Labeling contour lines in surface plots?
Hello, I have plotted the contour lines illustrating the combinations of various reinforcing bars necessary to achieve a desired steel area. The contour plot looks great, and it's fairly clear. However, I'd like to label the isolines (i.e., As = 1 in2), and have not been able to figure out how to do this yet. I've adjusted the chart style to show the lines (as well as the x- and y- axis gridlines), but I cannot figure out how to label the lines. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks! ...

Self-emerging labels
Is it ever happenning to somebody? After re-opening xls files with embedded xy-charts, some of the charts appear sometimes with never asked labels. No problem with erasing them but it is still annoying. Re-installation of Offices (Excel 2002) seems to be of no avail. Thanks for opinions Petr -- Petr Bezucha ...

Mac user sending Japanese characters are received as question mark
I have a Mac user using Safari to access OWA hosted on a Exchange 2003 server. He can read and type Japanese characters but when he sends a new message or a reponse to a message the Japanese characters are received as question marks. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? Steve <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a Mac user using Safari to access OWA hosted on a Exchange 2003 >server. He can read and type Japanese characters but when he sends a new >message or a reponse to a message the Japanese characters are received as >question marks. Does any...

Printing mailing labels with multiple recipient name records associated with a single address
I have been browsing this, and other Access groups, as well as some of the Microsoft KB articles, and while I find posts decribing similar objectives to mine, can't seem to find anything that specifically shows me how to solve my problem. I have a property management database which contains many related tables, including a table "Units" and a table "Tenants". Tenant records have a corresponding foreign key for the UnitID relating them to the Units table. A tenant can only be associated with one Unit record, but a Unit may be associated with many Tenant records. I need ...

displaying x number of rows on top
How do I display the first two rows all the time even when I scroll? Thanks. Clayton See answers in worksheet functions. Andy. "Clayton L. Wilson" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A67CA9D-6101-4BE6-8E8F-FB757985244F@microsoft.com... > How do I display the first two rows all the time even when I scroll? Thanks. Hi Clayton - move your cursor in cell A3 - goto 'Window - Freeze Panes' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Clayton L. Wilson wrote: > How do I display the first two rows all the time even when I scroll? > Thank...

Convert Word Label to Excel
How can I convert a word address label document back into an Excel spreadsheet? Thanks for the help. G. ...

X Upgrade
I have a client that purchased the Office X upgrade. They had Office 6 on their Mac. Am I correct to assume that Office 6 is too old to qualify for the Office X upgrade? Hi Erin: You should be able to find information about upgrading from this URL: http://www.microsoft.com/mac/products/officex/officex.aspx?pid=howtobuy -Jim Gordon Mac MVP All responses should be made to this newsgroup within the same thread. Thanks. About Microsoft MVPs: http://www.mvps.org/ Search for help with the free Google search Excel add-in: <http://www.rondebruin.nl/Google.htm> ---------- In article <93...

Can't use "X" to exit Excel
At a new job an acquaintance tells me he is running Windows XP and the "X" at the upper right of the Excel window is greyed out. He is only able to exit Excel by using the File-Exit command. I've never heard of this before- anybody know what's going on? Best bet is that he is also running Groupwise. This is a known issue and is addressed at Microsoft Knowledge base. Do a search within Excel for Groupwise. They have instructions for deleting the offending file. "Steve Farrar" <stfarrar@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:73182d45.0312091041.15be9ab@posti...

Critical sections and OS tick resolution
I would like to send some serial data every 33ms. I'm using the following code in my transmit thread: // Point A dwWaitResult = WaitForSingleObject(pParent->m_hStopEvent, 33); // Point B switch (dwWaitResult) { case WAIT_TIMEOUT: EnterCriticalSection(&m_csReadWrite); // Point C // Transmit the data here Using QueryPerformanceCounter(), etc. I can confirm that 33ms is the time between points A and B but between A and C it's 40ms even though I know that my GUI thread is doing anything so there should be no delay in acquiring the critica...

Printing Multiple Sale Price Labels
We currently put 50 or so different items on sale each week. Normally we print out special price tage for these items to reflect the sale price. This involves going into each item, changing the price to the sale price, printing the label, and then changing the price back. Is there an easier way? Lance, We offer a RMS Add-in called RITE Label that knows when you put an item on sale, and from it's list you can see all items you put on sale on a given date. You can then choose which items to print labels for and how many copies to print. Very convenient, and this is only a drop in...

Outlook 2003 showing Red X in E-Mails with embedded pictures
I am having some users who have an issue with outlook 2003 showing a Red X when they send an e-mail or received an e-mail with an embedded picture. If they forward the e-mail they then see the picture. I know there is a temporary solution by deleting the files in the temporary outlook folder (OLK). What I am looking for is a permanent fix so we don't have to go and clear out OLK folders every few weeks. Thanks RED X’s IN EMAIL When pictures in your email won't download, even though you have Outlook configured to download external content (or allow it on a per-message basis), ...

Broken/Offset X-axis on a time-scale
Hi, I am trying draw line charts with a broken/offset x-axis with the x-axis being on a time-scale. I am mainly trying to show time kinetics of immune data at first few time points (2, 5, 9 and 12 weeks) and then split the graph and show data for same individual at 1, 2, and 3 years down the line. One way I am trying to do this is by changing the dates for the week time points to months so that that portion of the graph is stretched out and then manually labelling the time points as weeks and years. But the graph dosent look too good. Could you let me know if there is a better way ...

Y axis start on Monday
When I format the Y-Axis and use the Number - Custom - ddd option, how can I make it start on a Monday instead of a Sunday? -- Nicola ...

data labels to show value, label & percent
Does anyone know how to show data labels for percent, label AND th value all at once? I tried to use the concatenate formula, but i won't keep formats, such as a dollar amount containing dollar sign comma separators and correct decimal places. Thank -- niha ----------------------------------------------------------------------- nihad's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3028 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=50172 Hi, You need to format the values within the CONCATENATE function by using the TEXT function. As...

Importing emails saved in Netscape 4.x
I have numerous emails saved in Netscape 4.x that I do not want to loose. Is there a method to export them from Netscape and import them into Outlook (2002)? ...

Format Axis
I have a line chart which is pulling data from a different sheet in my workbook. The X axis is the date, formatted: Jan-XX, Feb-XX, etc. The Y axis is dollar amounts formatted as 200000, 400000, etc. - increasing by 200K at each interval. - this is correct. The X axis is defaulting to date the same date all the way across, "Jan-00, Jan-00, Jan-00". So, I'm seeing Jan-00 12 times, where I would like to see each month of the year. When I change the X axis to so that it reads each month, as I'd like... The scale on my Y axis changes to: min = 0 (this is correct) ma...