x axis tick mark labels

I have a bar chart with x-axis  tick mark labels ranging from 0-13 (text
format), but the display of the graph truncates the right digit from 10, 11,
12 and 13.  It will display properly if I change the format to numbers with
one decimal place but I don't want that.  I am sure there is a simple
explanation/fix but I am baffled.
0
LouT (6)

I "accidentally" fixed this by putting a space before the "0" label in the
spreadsheet.  I have no idea why this worked but ...problem solved

"Lou T" wrote:

> I have a bar chart with x-axis  tick mark labels ranging from 0-13 (text
> format), but the display of the graph truncates the right digit from 10, 11,
> 12 and 13.  It will display properly if I change the format to numbers with
> one decimal place but I don't want that.  I am sure there is a simple
> explanation/fix but I am baffled.
0
LouT (6)

Receiving Transaction Entry
In Dynamics Version 8.0 Purchasing Module, when in the Receiving Transaction Entry(Shipments) there is an Auto/Rcv button at the top of this screen. This then takes you into a screen that displays all of the purchase orders on the left side that have material on them that is waiting to be received. To the right there is the Mark All button. Users shouldn't should be able to use the Mark All button if a specific purchase order hasn't been highlighted or selected in the left column. There needs to be more control for this function as this leaves too much room for errors that...

bold button labels
Is it possible to make several button labels of CMFCToolBarButtons to show bold? Try to override CMFCToolBarButton::OnDraw and use the bold font to draw the text. Victor "Sergei Riaguzov" wrote: > Is it possible to make several button labels of CMFCToolBarButtons to > show bold? > ...

how do I display 2 secondary Y axis' side by side?
I am setting up a chart for the following Month Jan Feb Mar Apr Units 5 4 3 6 Dollar 55 35 40 67 with units and dollar as primary and secondary Y axis'. My problem is that the two vertical bars for each month overlap each other. How can I display the units bar and dollar bar for each month side by by side? If you wish, you can call me at 215 375 4528 cell. Thanks, Kevin Si Jon tells all at http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ColumnsOnTwoAxes.html best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "K...

Any way to force multiple details on a label?
I'm trying to print labels, each with a group header and then a variable number of detail line. The report should go to the next label (2-3/4" high) regardless of the number of detail lines printed. The labels are 2-up (columns). Thanks .... Is there a question in your posting? What did you try and what were your results? Are you concerned about how to print a variable number of labels? -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "Elliot" wrote: > I'm trying to print labels, each with a group header and then a variable > number of detail line....

How can I add a break in the X or Y axes?
My x axis range is from 0 to 2000000 and my Y values are at 0, 1000, 5000, 10000, 50000, 10000, 200000, 600000 and 2000000. When I plot my values the first 4 data almost over lap with each other and there is a huge gap between the last two data points. So my question is : 1. How can I add a brak in the x-axes (to reduce the gap between last two data points)? 2. How can I expand the x axis (to show the first 4 data points clearly)? I am 99.9% sure that the last option is not possible isn excel. However, if it is and someone know that would be of great help. You can use a logarithmic sca...

Active X controls
Ok, I have a issue understanding how to use the Active X contols. I wa trying to create a "combo drop down box", which I can do, I just can no figure out how to assign list of data to it. Anyone know how to d this -- dksorea ----------------------------------------------------------------------- dksoreal's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=222 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38332 Click on the 'properties' icon on the control toolbox and it will display a properties window. Look for the List...

Using the Question Mark With COUNTIF
Excel 2007 I have a small table that shows me the status of each item on the list. The status can be "Y", "N", "NA", or "?". I am using the COUNTIF function to tell me how many of each status is on the list. For items with a status of "?", which denotes an unknown status, I simply take the total number of items on the list and subtract the sum of the other status values to arrive at a count of items with an unknown status. This works fine. However, I am curious as to whether or not the "?" can be used with COUNTIF....

Secondary Y axis #2
I created a chart with 2 axes: left axis is a line chart and right axis is a bar chart. Both series have both positive and negative numbers. Problem is that both have their origin at 0 on the scale, but the 0 on the left axis is slightly higher than the zero on the right axis. Any ideas? Hi, Have a look at, http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AlignXon2Ys.html Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "chadmh" <chadmh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:399B9D2B-E85D-4270-ACBC-4007D0960661@microsoft.com... >I created a c...

Converting labels to an Excel Sheet
I have labels in Word that I want to use in Excel. If I just copy and paste it I get 1 column with everything in it. I want it in separate columns. Is it possible to do it automatically or do I have to do it manually? See some responses to your identical post in .excel.newusers (Please do not multi-post) -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 xdemechanik --- Leah Stein wrote: > I have labels in Word that I want to use in Excel. If I just copy and paste > it I get 1 column with everything in it. I want it in separate columns. Is > it possible to do it automatically or d...

Excel Label Printing Problem
I am trying to print my list of movies from an Excel sheet to Avery fil folder labels. I have tried Mail Merge, to no avail. The problem i when I merge, there is nothing on the label sheet. I'm pretty sur there must be some way to do this. I can't believe I have to forma file foler labels as addresses! Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com David McRitchie's web page should tell you what you need to do: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep al...

How long labels can I insert to CTreeCtrl?
Hi, An ancient problem is still bugging me... My app populates a CTreeCtrl derived tree from a data file. I put CStrings to the tree by calling m_MyTree.InsertItem(strMyString, tParentitem); Now, sometimes the data can be quite big. I noticed that if the CString variable is 260 characters long it still fits into the tree view, but anything above that will not display entirely. It just leaves rest of the string off. Now, first of all, I suppose it's just not me? Maybe someone with a tree ctrl can verify this? (You can easily check your string length inside VC IDE by looking at the colu...

How do I get years to show on x-axis?
I am plotting two time series lines on a line graph (they show up as a single line, solid for the actuals and dotted for the forecast): Yr. TS-1(actuals ) TS-2 (forecast) ----- ---------------- ------------------ 2001 value1 2002 value 2 2003 value 3 value 3 2004 value 4 2005 value 5 When I plot this, I get consecutive numbers (i.e. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5) instead of years as labels on the x-axis. How do I fix this? THANKS! Clear the top left cell, then make the chart. This helps Excel decide what to...

how to display a range of cells if "x" appears next to it
I have a list of 700 apartments in unit number order all with their lease expiration month next to it. At the bottom of my worksheet, I want to be able to type "12" in a cell and have all the units with leases expiring in December be displayed. I also want their other information to follow with the unit number (about ten columns). I appreciate any help I can get, Thank You! Hi, Check out: http://www.contextures.com/excelfiles.html#Filter >-----Original Message----- >I have a list of 700 apartments in unit number order all >with their lease expiration month next to i...

How to Rip DVD and Convert Video on Mac OS X?

Category Axis Lables
I work with Excel a lot and I often get request to "Bold 1 or 2 lables on the Category Axis" of a graph...I'm unable to customize a formula, so I just ended up floating the Bolded Text which I despised. IS THERE A TO DO THIS WITHOUT FLOATING THE TEXT Thank You You can construct an alternative axis, using a technique like this: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ArbitraryAxis.html You can individually select and format the data labels that make up the custom axis labels. One single click selects all the labels, the next single click selects one of the labels. With one ...

Move the Y axis below negative values
Hi, I am currently creating a line graph which has both negative and positive values. However the line cuts through the descriptions on the y axis, how can I move the y axis to the bottom of the graph below the negative values so people can still read these descriptions? Hi, There is an explanation here. http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip002.htm Cheers Andy Vic Mel wrote: > Hi, > > I am currently creating a line graph which has both negative and positive > values. However the line cuts through the descriptions on the y axis, how > can I move the y axis to the botto...

scatter chart won't accept primary axis
Can someone explain what is happening. I have a very standard line graph w/ dates in col.A & values in col.F. In cols. X&Y I have the following. 06/30/08 2.95 These pairs of data represent trend lines in the -- 07/25/08 4.21 original data. "space" 08/04/08 3.41 0910/08 4.95 "space" 01/27/09 .36 02/11/09 .49 I select the two ranges, copy, select chart and ctrl+V. I choose this seconda...

How to mark / build C# / WPF component STA
I am hosting WPF components in unmanaged MFC. This WPF components will do some ricktext editing. Hosting / editing are working fine but closing will crash application on exit (release version only and no crash on debug). The following is the current structure: class parentA_COM : definited / implemented in unmanaged C++, STA class memberB_COM : definited in unmanaged C++, but implemented in C# (ComVisible) class winUserControl: implemented in C# to host WPF user control; class wpfUserControl: implemented in C# class MyApp // unmanaged C++ { main () { parentA_COM pPA();...

Margin problems printing Avery 5160 labels in Publisher
I just got a new Canon printer and all of a sudden my 5160 labels (that used to print fine on an HP printer) are cutting off my text & graphics inside the edge of the label. On both the far left and far right margin, it cuts off about 1/8" into the label as if a margin was set. However I can't figure out how to change my Canon printer margins and calling Canon didn't help. Any other solutions? Please help! Do you know the margin limitation of your printer? The side margin of these labels is .19". If your Canon can't print that close, objects will be cut off. Yo...

paper size stuck at 5.507 x 8.5 for booklets in Publisher 2003
After creating a booklet, the page size became 5.507" x 8.5" and if I change it, it won't stay. Change it to what? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Wallmax" <Wallmax@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E351A33D-2F73-432C-972B-7DD9322BF1A4@microsoft.com... > After creating a booklet, the page size became 5.507" x 8.5" and if I > change > it, it won't stay. > 5.5" x 8.5" "JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote: > Change it to what? > > -- > > JoAnn Paules > MVP Microsoft [...

Labels not duplicated
Hi there, i have a db with tblclients and tbladdress. I have a one-to-many relationship between then two as i can have 2 clients (typcally Wife and husbnad) at the same address. I would like to create a mailing list using a query but dont want duplicated addresses on my labels. More specifically, Right now the simple query is producing dup addressess. i would like to create a new field [WifeHusb] in the query that somehow knows IF there is a dup address then concat FirstName (wife&husband) so i can use that field in the label report. I have FirstName and LastName in my table. Inst...

creating label formats
how can i create a label format with publisher xp ? ...

Can I mark a point on curve?
I want to mark a point in curve of chart. it is possible? Hi Cactus, Provided your curve is on a calculable line,Yes. What is your curve? Please also post an example of your X and Y data, and an explanation of where you want the point. HTH Martin "Cactus" <cheunglap [at] 21cn [dot] com> wrote in message news:uR16Tu0fIHA.4728@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... >I want to mark a point in curve of chart. > > it is possible? > > Hi Cactus, I've changed your chart to an XYscatter chart and put the first marker in for you in series 1. You will obviously want to ...

plotting multiple x y data on same graph
my friend is pulling his hair out trying to plot something for his engineering class and i figured id ask on the board.. he has a large amount of data, grouped in twos. theres about ten sets of two. each set he wants plotted as x and y respectively, but all on the same line graphy. I think he laid it out wrongly but he w3ont hear any of it and its been a few years since i was using excel myself. so how does one plot it out as thus on the same graph. data looks something like this x y x y x y # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # etc thanks If we a...

How to print 8 1/2 x 11 pages on a 17 x 11 to fold in half?
I am trying to get our newsletter to print directly to our new Kyocera printer/copier, but am having trouble getting publisher to sync with the printer. Our leasing company can't help us. I have a multi-page document 8 1/2 x 11 that I want to print on 11x17 landscaped paper which will then get folded. I've played around with the page setup, the print setup, but nothing works. I've tried using a special fold but it wants to segment the page and I get pieces of my document on multiple pages. The same thing happens when I try to set up a special paper size. We want to be...