X axis lables on a + and - scale?!?

I have a line graph which has both positive and negative numbers.

The problem is that I want to show the X axis labels on the graph but
the labels get thrown in the middle of the graph on the zero line and
I want them on the bottom, is there anyway I can do this (I'm sure
there is!)

For example if I have profit by month for 12 months I would have

01 100K
02 -500K
03 250K
04 100K
05 -100K

etc...

And If I wanted to graph that I should show the 01, 02,03 at the very
bottom of the graph, not in the middle.

Thanks in advance!
0
chadt74 (5)

Chad -

Double click on the axis, and on the Patterns tab, select the Low option for Tick
Labels.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

chadt74 wrote:

> I have a line graph which has both positive and negative numbers.
>
> The problem is that I want to show the X axis labels on the graph but
> the labels get thrown in the middle of the graph on the zero line and
> I want them on the bottom, is there anyway I can do this (I'm sure
> there is!)
>
> For example if I have profit by month for 12 months I would have
>
> 01 100K
> 02 -500K
> 03 250K
> 04 100K
> 05 -100K
>
> etc...
>
> And If I wanted to graph that I should show the 01, 02,03 at the very
> bottom of the graph, not in the middle.
>
> Thanks in advance!

Thank you so much, that is all I needed.  Sorry for the easy question,
but I play with Excel, not graphs so much!!

Thanks again
0
chadt74 (5)

respect proportions of x and y axis
I want to create a (bubble) chart that looks square. I gave the same max and min value to x and y axis, but by default the chart area is set in a rectangular shape. How can I make the chart area square, having also a plot area with a square shape ? Thanks Enzo Hi, Click on any spot in the the chart area; you will see that 'handles' (tiny solid squares) are created at the corners and the midpoint of each side of the rectangular chart area. Move the cursor to one of them (preferably a midpoint); the cursor will change into a tiny double-headed arrow. Resize the rectangle int...

Bar chart with XY on secondary axis
I have four quarters of data that I display as a bar chart. I want to add additional data superimposed on each (XY) as a secondary axis. However, the XY coordinates are displayed on a single vertical axis in the center of the bars rather than on each related bar. Data: (BAR) 1st Qtr 2nd Qtr 3rd Qtr 4th Qtr A 7.1 2.3 4.5 8.7 B 10.5 1.5 6.7 4.8 C 14.6 4.0 7.9 11.1 (XY) 1st Qtr 2nd Qtr 3rd Qtr 4th Qtr A 25 55 67 ...

X-Y axis
Is there a way I could get the x and y axis coordinates to display in cell as I drag the shape around with a mouse? Example ActiveSheet.Shapes.AddLine(14.25, 7.5, 143.25, 8.25).Select With ActiveSheet.Shapes.BuildFreeform(msoEditingAuto, 10.5 378.75) .AddNodes msoSegmentLine, msoEditingAuto, 10.5, 297# .AddNodes msoSegmentLine, msoEditingAuto, 109.5, 297# .AddNodes msoSegmentLine, msoEditingAuto, 109.5, 381# .AddNodes msoSegmentLine, msoEditingAuto, 10.5, 378.75 .ConvertToShape.Select I want to be able to cross compare other shapes relative to the ne position of this shape after it has b...

Is numeric "Series Axis" possible?
When I make a simple 3-D surface chart in Excel, the "series axis" i automatically displayed as S1, S2, etc. Is there a convenient way t have that axis display numbers instead? For example: the following surface is generated by multiplying th x-value to the y-value: 5 10 15 4 8 12 2 3 However,the Y (series) axis (4 and 5) automatically defaults to S1 an S2; I know I can change the names of the series to match, but I wis they would change automatically if I were to change the Y-axis values (e.g. from 4 and 5 to: 1 and 2) 2 4 6 1 2 3 2 3 Any ideas -- fendwic --------------...

4 different axis in chart ?
Hello, for a particular analysis I would like to use all 4 axis with different label. Is that feasable, and if so, how can I tackle the task? Thank you in advance! Kind regards, H.G. Lamy ...

Colour part of a line on an X Y graph
I have an XY graph which connects the series with a line. Lets say the series runs left to right on the chart creating a straight horizontal line. Is it possible to have multiple colours on that line? That is, I want to colour certain portion of the line a certain colour and other portion another colour. Is this possible Hi, You can format the line between points by selecting the series and then selecting the specific line segment. Use CTRL+1 to bring up the format dialog. Note that formatting the line segment will affect the legend so you might be better off plotting additional d...

Y Axis Labels #2
I have a chart that is listed weeks against a score, ie: Week 1 2 Week 2 5 Week 3 1 and so on. The numbers however refer to a word, ie: Week 1 2 Bad Week 2 5 Very Good Week 3 1 Very Bad When i chart it i chart against the numbers to make sure it works but i need the Y-Axis labels to look against the words. Any ideas? -- chalky ------------------------------------------------------------------------ chalky's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=23758 View this thread: http://www.ex...

Creating a scaled down CRM
Hello, I am creating an Outlook 2003 based CRM for my organization and would like to model the approach after Outlook BCM. Unlike BCM, this CRM will be accessible throughout my company (20+ users). First, I'll be creating a MSDE SQL Database on my SBS 2003 server and then I'd like to customize an Exchange Public Folder (containing Contacts) to pull extra data from the MSDE. I will create custom forms (public folder wide) that link to this external datasource. The external datasource will have to use the Contact's unique ID to perform lookups, I looked at the accessible schema for ...

How can let user scale the window just in the original ratio?
I wanna let the user scale the main window just in the original ratio (ratio = width/height), so that things on the main window won't be distorted. Any One Can help? >I wanna let the user scale the main window just in the original ratio (ratio >= width/height), so that things on the main window won't be distorted. Bryan, Handle WM_SIZING and adjust the RECT values to suit your application's requirements. Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq ...

2nd vertical axis
I have read the thread on adding a second axis for one of my series. But when I choose (under format serier) a secondary axis, Excel is combining my two series together into 1 bar (with 2 different colors). What I want is for each category axis unit, TWO bars, each a different color, and each tied to a different vertical axis (left and right). Surely this is possible? Any ideas? Many thanks Ben Ben, you need to make the second data series a point plot instead of a line. this way, it'll place the points over top of the lines. >-----Original Message----- >I have read the ...

Using DateTime X-Axis Labels on MSChart control
I am using the below subroutine to load data for a MSChart control in Access. The query "ChartData" is dynamically linked to a SQL linked table. I wanted to take this approach so the chart would dynamically adjust itself to the table regardless of the number of columns in the recordset. My problem is that the first column in my record set (columns below) is a DateTime data type. I found that I could not use this timestamp as labels for my X-Axis unless I cast it as a VARCHAR before using it. However, if I do this, the X-Axis is no longer automatically scaled, so when I get >5...

Can I download Active X for Office 2000? How?
I am still using Microsoft Windows 98. Also use Microsoft Office 2000. Doing a tutorial which offers access to a practice worksheet but I need to download Active x. Unable to do so. I established office.microsoft.com as a trusted site but when I clicked to download Active x nothing happened. Any suggestions? Thanks, Karen Hi Still, try google...is a thousands of sites to download it regards "StillHanginWith98" escreveu: > I am still using Microsoft Windows 98. Also use Microsoft Office 2000. Doing > a tutorial which offers access to a practice worksheet but I need ...

Scale Scanners With RMS
Hi, Had anyone used Scale/Scanners like PSC Magellan (Datalogic) or Metrologic Stratus with RMS. Do they have OPOS Drivers? Any experience is welcome. Thanks, Sacha ...

does anyone know how to hook up avery berkel 6720 scale ?
I'm setting RMS with Berkel 6720 scale. but i don't have any idea how to hook up. the scale doesn't work at opos driver. I got an error message. please help me ^.^ Have you tried the Configure Microsoft Opos Service Objects in Start -> Programs->RMS ? "nick" wrote: > I'm setting RMS with Berkel 6720 scale. > > but i don't have any idea how to hook up. > > the scale doesn't work at opos driver. I got an error message. > > please help me ^.^ ...

Display sample population size in chart i.e. n=X
Hi, Does anyone know if Excel can display the sample group population within the chart i.e. N=100, (if 100 people answered the question) obviously this can be done manually but it would be cool if excel could do it itself. The reason I want to do this is so the reader of the graph can gauge the significance of the % figures, my chart is reading of a pivot table wich I plan to update over time with new data so has to be dynamic, maybe there is another solution which could work, Thanks, Here is one way. If you create a formula in a cell with a count of the sample, and maybe some expl...

Create and customize axis on all sides of charts
It would be very helpful, especially for large charts, to be able to define/create an axis for all sides of the chart. Currently you can only have a secondary axis if you have multiple data sets in the chart, but it would be great if you were able to have the chart print the secondary axis even with a single data set. If this was possible, it would make sense to have each axis be independent of the others, allowing for custom scale, units, formatting, etc. We have several professors asking for this feature, and currently they have to kludge the chart to get it. For the sake of my ow...

In EXCEL, how do I make date-time the x-axis of a plot??????
Under Format/Cells/Date (or Time) I can pick a Type as 3/14/01 1:30 PM. And entering that within a cell works fine. But if I try to use that column as the x-axis of a graph it only supports the date. For example a value for a reading at 3/14/01 1:30 PM and one given for 3/14/01 2:30 PM will appear as two events both given as 3/14/01. The date part is the x-axis, but the time part is simply lost. How can I make both date and time be on the x-axis, so two events at different times on the same day will show up separately? You have to use an XY chart to get thee fractional days (i.e., t...

x Axis labels
I have 2 columns - one with the months of the year and the second col. with the years back to 2002. The 3rd col. contains the data. When I chart the data, the years show in the vertical - OK. However, the months only show in the horizontal and I would like them to show in the vertical as well to save col. space. Can't seem to get the months to change direction. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Norm. Norm, Try double-clicking on the category (x) axis labels. When you do so, the Format Axis dialog box should appear. In the Format Axis dialog box, go to the Alignment tab ...

Query of customers who spent $x last year
I think I am close to nailing this I just need help on the last part. I am trying to create a list of customers that have ordered from us since last year. And also if their annual spending is greater than a certain amount. I created a query of my order tables , contactid (Group By), orderdate(Max - >#12/31/08#), ordertotal (Sum) I created a query of my customer table contactid (<> 5779), business name, address, city, state, zip, qrymaxof:orderdate 5779 is a dummy customer so I am excluding it from the list. Anyway, when I run my ordermax query it works fine. I c...

Allow active x controls to run in RMS POS
Hi there. When trying to run drilldown.htm in RMS on my POS computer, I get the error message "Your current security settings prohibit running active x controls on this page", and it doesn't work. It works fine on my back office pc, and I can't find any difference between the IE settings on the two pcs. Where would I find the setting to allow active x controls to run? Cheers Problem solved, windows automatically blocked it because I sent it as an email attachment from my office pc Mheill wrote: > Hi there. > > When trying to run drilldown.htm in RMS on my POS co...

How do I change X-Axis values in a chart with 2 Y-Axis?
I am attempting to chart two data series that share a X-Axis. The Y-Axis for these series are at different ranges so I have two Y-Axis. When I do this the X-Axis turns into a non-numerical entry, example, 1-2-3-4, when my data is a time and is organized as this (15-30-60-90...etc.) Is there a chart with two Y-Axis and one X-Axis with the plot showing the appropriate spacing that I require? I am using Excel 2002 if that changes anything when You go to <chart><Chart data><series> does it show two different x data sets? if your x axis lables were on the set you chang...

Scale Setup
hi, I's currently working with RMS (learning the program), and I have a little bit of trouble configuring a scale. I have a NCI Avery Berkel Scale Modem # 7820. It communicates ok with the software they provide, but the OPOS configurator from microsoft won't read it. I have the checked the Serial port settings and all works ok from outside of the application, but not from RMS. Any suggestions? -- Ricardo Rocha Ricardo, Have you installed the OPOS driver for the scale? Have you gone to Database->Register->Register List and assign a scale to the register? Good luck, Matt...

Auto Empty Deleted Items on Exit OR after X days or X Items accumulated?
In Outlook 2003 is there a way to Auto Empty the Deleted Items Folder, either on Exit OR after X days since deletion or when X number of Items accumulated? -- "J. J." Go to "Tools" : "Options" : "Other" First option is "Empty Deleted Items folder upon exiting" You can set it to delete after x number of days for certain e-mail account types. Go to: "Tools" : "E-Mail Accounts" : Select, "View or change e-mail accounts" Select account to chnage and click "Change..." : Click "More Settings" Se...

Updating Values and X Axis Labels
Thanks for your help. This response by XP wasn't expected. When ever I update the chart value range and X axis labels the chart (line graph) doesn't update. I click and drag to update the Value and Categoty X axis labels. Do I have the axsis formated incorrectly? Under the format labels, Right now I have "base unit" checked. And the Max and Min dates are entered. In previous versions of excel I know you could just update the cell range and the chart would update. This should be so elementary. Thanks - Tom -- Sony Luvy If the min and max are not set to au...

Setting x-axis crosses with VBA
I have a chart that at the moment has a vertical range from -70 to -92. I'm trying to set the horizontal axis to cross at the minimum value, in this case -92. Using With ActiveChart.Axes(xlValue) .Crosses = xlMinimum It crosses at -70. If I use xlMaximum I get the same thing. Using .Crosses = xlCustom .CrossesAt = -92 it crosses at -92. however, I need it to be dynamic so the x-axis labels stay below the data field. Am I using xlMinimum in a place it cannot be used? Any help will be appreciated. In the format axis dialog, there is no way to specify tha...