X-axis labels -- text "jan" "feb", comes out "1" "2" etc....

I'm trying to set up a simpe line graph with months label on the x-
axis....but just i can't label the months , the labels come out "1" to
"12".  Any help?

The source data are months, and I tried messing around with
the axis label but can't seem to change it...

Thanks.
Jeremy

forum1 (79)

Take a look at the series data for that series.  I'm guessing you don't have
anything listed for Category (X) axis labels.

"jeremy via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

> I'm trying to set up a simpe line graph with months label on the x-
> axis....but just i can't label the months , the labels come out "1" to
> "12".  Any help?
>
> The source data are months, and I tried messing around with
> the axis label but can't seem to change it...
>
> Thanks.
> Jeremy

BarbR (262)
6/9/2005 4:43:56 PM
No the x series is defined as jan feb....

forum (466)
6/9/2005 9:04:30 PM
What EXACTLY do you have listed for the Category X axis.   You should see
something like:

=Sheet1!$A$1:$A$3

for example.

"jeremy via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

> No the x series is defined as jan feb....

BarbR (262)
6/10/2005 12:42:01 AM
Jeremy -

Did you actually create a line chart, or did you make a scatter chart? A
scatter chart will convert a list of nonnumerics into {1, 2,  3,...} for
the category axis.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

jeremy via OfficeKB.com wrote:

> I'm trying to set up a simpe line graph with months label on the x-
> axis....but just i can't label the months , the labels come out "1" to
> "12".  Any help?
>
> The source data are months, and I tried messing around with
> the axis label but can't seem to change it...
>
> Thanks.
> Jeremy

X-axis labels -- text "jan" "feb", comes out "1" "2" etc....
I'm trying to set up a simpe line graph with months label on the x- axis....but just i can't label the months , the labels come out "1" to "12". Any help? The source data are months, and I tried messing around with the axis label but can't seem to change it... Thanks. Jeremy -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com Take a look at the series data for that series. I'm guessing you don't have anything listed for Category (X) axis labels. "jeremy via OfficeKB.com" wrote: > I'm trying to set up a simpe line graph with months la...

X-axis labels -- text "jan" "feb", comes out "1" "2" etc....
I'm trying to set up a simpe line graph with months label on the x- axis....but just i can't label the months , the labels come out "1" to "12". Any help? The source data are months, and I tried messing around with the axis label but can't seem to change it... Thanks. Jeremy -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com I tried answering this before and it didn't come through. Let's see if it works this time. Take a look at the source data for the series. I'm guessing you don't have anything listed for Category (X) axis labels. "...

Need to create an excel chart 21 depts jan-feb 04-06 how?
I have a list of data that is basically the wages cost per department per month for 2004 and 2005 and I want to add 2006 to it. I have tried everywhich way of using the chart wizard in excel with no success and have tried a pivotchart/table using the wizard with no success. The regular chart will only display the value on the Y axis and either the department or the month on the X axis, I cannot get it to do for example Sales and show Jan 04, 05 and 06 next to it (the data is laid out this way). Using the Pivot table all I get is a total eg 21 departments..............not even a chart ju...