X axis label help

I have created a line chart with four values from cells in sheet 1, sa
A1:D1. Each data point corresponds to a different material. Th
material names are in cells in sheet 1, say A2:D2. I select those cell
with the material names as my category (X) axis labels. The materia
names in the cells have underlining and subscripts, however thi
formatting does not appear on the chart. How can I get the underlinin
and subscripts to appear as they do in the cells on sheet 1? Thank yo
for the help

Hi
AFAIK you can't do this as the formulas only link values but not
formats

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

> I have created a line chart with four values from cells in sheet 1,
> say A1:D1. Each data point corresponds to a different material. The
> material names are in cells in sheet 1, say A2:D2. I select those
> cells with the material names as my category (X) axis labels. The
> material names in the cells have underlining and subscripts, however
> this formatting does not appear on the chart. How can I get the
> underlining and subscripts to appear as they do in the cells on sheet
> 1? Thank you for the help.
>

> ---

frank.kabel (11126)
4/9/2004 8:44:02 AM
Frank's right, the axis labels will not show subscripts or superscripts.
But there are workarounds.

First, I've heard of special fonts that have superscript and subscript
characters. Perhaps the OP can make use of such a font.

Second, you can hide the "real" axis labels, and create textboxes on the
chart. Individual characters within a textbox can be formatted
independently.

Third, you could use a macro technique that automatically draws the
label, either as a textbox or as a data label on a dummy series created
for this purpose (as described in
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ArbitraryAxis.html). The macro can
subsequently step through the characters in the cell, and apply each
character's formats to the corresponding character in the label.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
http://PeltierTech.com/Excel/Charts/
_______

Frank Kabel wrote:

> Hi
> AFAIK you can't do this as the formulas only link values but not
> formats
>
> --
> Regards
> Frank Kabel
> Frankfurt, Germany
>

>>I have created a line chart with four values from cells in sheet 1,
>>say A1:D1. Each data point corresponds to a different material. The
>>material names are in cells in sheet 1, say A2:D2. I select those
>>cells with the material names as my category (X) axis labels. The
>>material names in the cells have underlining and subscripts, however
>>this formatting does not appear on the chart. How can I get the
>>underlining and subscripts to appear as they do in the cells on sheet
>>1? Thank you for the help.
>>

>>---
>>Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/

0
jonNO1 (306)

How do I add missing Active X controls to non-admin accounts in Mi
In Access 2003 when I log on as any administrator, I have an Active X control called "Microsoft Web Browser". However, if I log in as a regular user, this Active X control and several others aren't there. How can I get these Active X controls to show back up as a regular user? ...

Help with VBA code please
Greetings, I am stumped so I am hoping the experts can help. I have spent many hours trying to write code to accomplish a certain task and no matter how I tweak it I keep running into problems. I will attempt to explain my goal: I have a worksheet that contains two columns of numbers (with no empty cells in the columns) that need to be compared. It will not always be the same two columns, so I need to be able to input which two before the program runs. The number of rows will also vary. For the sake of simplicity let's call these columns dataOld and dataNew. First I need to search ...

help with inserting a cell value into a named formula
If someone could help me solve this conundrum, I'd be wonderfully grateful... The Setup - I've got 2 columns, one named "text", one named "numbers"; lets say A,B,C,& D in A1-A4, and 1,2,3,&4 in B1-B4. I also have four formulas - let's say they're named AA,BB,CC,&DD. (AA would multiply by 2, BB multiply by 3, CC by 4, DD by 5). The Problem - In column C, I want to have an IF function that... logical_test = looks at whether the value of a cell in a "text" column cell is A,B,C,orD, value_if_true = uses the corresponding formula (AA,...

How to sort x-axis in pivot chart
Hi, I've a pivot chart, based on a pivot table. In the chart I display per x-label 3 variables, on top of each other. In the corresponding pivot table I have the x-lables as rows and 3 columns. Now I want to sort the x-labels on the sum of the 3 variables (or sorting the rows of the table). How can I do that? ( I'm able to sort on each variable distinctly, but that is not what I want. Further I can add a new variable to the table containing the sum of the 3 and sorting on that. But that gives a 4th variable in the chart. ) Can anyone help? Regards, Henk ...

Formula help--lookup?
I have various items in a spreadsheet. Some of these items are repeated in various rows, but have a different text description for it. They all have the same reference number, just a different description. I want to combine all the descriptions into one cell. I am doing vlookup, but it is only putting in the first occurance. Is there a way to combine all descriptions into one cell? Yes, I like to use COUNTIF to set up a sequential number for each multiple of the unique reference. However, your description of your data is a bit vague, so I can't really recommend a particula...

How do I make a break in the y-axis?
I've read the responses to the previous questions like this and visited the sites suggested but I can't make any sense out of them.. and I'm trying to do it with a bar graph...I really hope someone can help! thanks Have you looked at http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BrokenYAxis.html ? -- John MOS Master Instructor Office 2000, 2002 & 2003 Please reply & rate any replies you get Ice Hockey rules (especially the Wightlink Raiders) "Vanessa" wrote: > I've read the responses to the previous questions like this and visited the > sites suggested ...

help with chart wizard
I am creating a chart based on 2 data series. (there is 28 inputs in each column). I would like to create stacked column chart but it does not work for 28 inputs. It works only for 7 inputs where it shows whole colmuns and color devision but after that it shows as plane lines (sticks) instead of columns....please help thanks 28 columns would be pretty thin anyway, and the default is that the space between them (the "Gap Width") is 150% the width of a single column. Make the chart, then double click on a column, and on the Options tab, change Gap Width to something smaller, l...

formula help!!
Hello there, I am desperate for some help on a excel project....basicaly I have 2 columns, one will be a "Y" and the other a "N"...I need to come up with a formula to add these up at the end of the column...I don't know how to write a formula that tells it that, for example Y=1 and then add columns C3 to C175..I would really appreciate it if some kind soul could help me out...thanks, Mike Hi Mike i think you're after the SUMIF function =SUMIF(A3:A175,1,C3:C175) will add up the values in C3:C175, where the corresponding cell in column A has a 1 in it or =SU...

help with a formula please #3
Hello, I have a workbook with several sheets. The 1st sheet is called 'Sums', and is used to analyse and summarise the data from one of the other sheets. At the moment I just use copy & paste to copy the data from e.g. sheet 'March' into 'Sums'. This is OK, but it would be nice to be able to enter a string 'March' into a cell in sheet 'Sums' and have the sheet pick up the correct data automatically. I can see how to do this (I think) but it is a bit messy, . Is there an elegant way of doing it ? Thanks KK On Jan 15, 1:16=A0pm, "dido2...

How could I forget this formula? Help please
Good afternoon, Alright, here's a simple one. How I have forgotten it (when I use it almost every day) is beyond me. All I know is that my mind is mush right now. I am preparing a blank work sheet for others to use, so here it is: I have multiple columns that all sum different cells. I need the "Answer" cell to not show a 0 if there is nothing to "sum". ex. Cell A1 is the sum total of A2-A10. If A2-A10 are empty, I do NOT want A1 to show 0. I have no idea how I am forgetting this today. I need a drink. Thanks for your help. Really. -- Scuba Wino -------...

Newbie configuration help
I have installed CRM 1.2 on a SMS2003 Premium Server and I'm having the problem of creating users as well as getting the "You are not authorized to view this page" within IE on companyweb. The exact message I receive when I go into CRM Deployment Manager's User Manager is: "The server localhost is not responding. This might happen if it is currently unavailable, it is not a Microsoft CRM server, or you do not have sufficient privileges to run User Manager. For more information, contact your system administrator" Unfortunately, I am the system administra...

Envelopes and Labels Dialog question
When I write a letter, the address to whom it is addressed comes with big letters, ect. This is new, it used to be OK before. How can I change or where I change this so the default matches the addressee? I have Word 2007 (Office Professional 2007) "Octavio" <inquirer@inquirer.com> wrote in message news:uxZMay0qKHA.5936@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > When I write a letter, the address to whom it is addressed comes with big > letters, ect. This is new, it used to be OK before. > > How can I change or where I change this so the default matches the ...

Excel Question....Help !!!!
how do i save multiple versions of a document in microsoft excel? (Because in word you can save multiple versions of a document rather than saving multiple files of the document.) Thanks! Excel does not have that built in Regards, Peo Sjoblom "matt guy" wrote: > how do i save multiple versions of a document in microsoft excel? (Because in > word you can save multiple versions of a document rather than saving multiple > files of the document.) > > Thanks! ...

Database help
Hi everyone, I have a slight confusion here, hope someone can shed some light on this cubject for me. calendar month - (tables - general, misc, notes). I have a database with three tables, I have a month calendar view on my form. General, Misc and Notes will be on three different tabs. For every selected date that I input data in the three different tables, I am not understanding how to link the data to be displayed back to the user. Lets say I have information added for November 10, when I click on that date, all the information pertaining to that date will populate the ...

Need help formatting dates
I am using Excel to track the Accounts Receivables for a small business. I have added a column to track the # of days an invoice is overdue. For example, the invoice date is 7/1/04 due date 8/1/04 It is 2 days overdue. Tomorrow it will be 3 days etc. Right now I am manually calculating these date. Is there a way to format the column to automatically calculate the number of days overdue? -- Thanks! Cathy Hi Cathy yes assume due date is in cell A1 and number days overdue in cell C1 then in c1 enter =today()-A1 then right mouse click on C1 choose format cells choose number click OK Ch...

SUMIF or SUMIFS help
I have 2 sheets in one workbook (Sheet 1 and Sheet 2) Sheet 2 has 3 columns: A B C MAKE TYPE QTY 1 toyota compact 10 2 ford pickup 15 3 toyota sedan 20 4 toyota pickup 80 5 nissan hybrid 10 Sheet 1 has 2 columns: A B MAKE PICKUPS 1 toyota ? (SUM) I need Sheet 1,B1 to calculate the total number of matching items in sheet 2 that matches the data entered in Sheet 1,A1. In other words, I need sheet 1,B1 to automatically sum up the total number of to...

Help with user form
I need help with a user form that basically mimicks my worksheet. I need to get the data from the 29 text boxes on the user form to the matching columns and row on my worksheet. My worksheet looks like this: V# Vendor Name Inv-No Inv Amount Cat Amount Cost Retail Cost Retail Cost Retail the above columns are repeated 4 times My user form basically follows the same form. I need to have the user enter the data for the invoice which is then copied to the worksheet, and start the process over again until all invoice are entered. Any help is appreciated, I have been struggling with th...

Help with Formula #27
Goodevening, How do I get a number to show up in a cell if I wrote this formula, =if(h2="BUY",e2*1.02,"") RIght now I wrote this and nothing appears for any corresponding "buy". I appreciate the help. Noel Hi Works fine for me !! Have you got any data in e2 ?? Regards Michael "zmr325" wrote: > Goodevening, > > How do I get a number to show up in a cell if I wrote this formula, > > =if(h2="BUY",e2*1.02,"") > > RIght now I wrote this and nothing appears for any corresponding "buy". I > ...

Help! Powershell changes text file sizes??
When I run a command with invoke-expression in Powershell, it creates a file almost twice as large as the same thing run from command prompt. Can anyone tell me what is going on here? If I run the following command from a command prompt, I get a 14K text file: dfsradmin rg list /attr:RgName,ObjState >> report.txt If I run the following command from a Powershell prompt, I get a 27K file: invoke-expression -command "dfsradmin rg list '/attr:RgName,ObjState' >> report.txt" Gary schrieb: > When I run a command with invoke-expression in Pow...

how do i change column labels back to letters? currently columns.
when i opened excel this evening, i found that columns and rows are both labeled with numbers. How do I relabel the columns alphabetically so that I can use formulas? thanks Click Tools > Options > General tab Uncheck "R1C1 reference style" > OK -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22' N 103� 45' E xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "slthompson" <slthompson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2DF283F7-A345-46E9-AD0C-148B8BDC200B@microsoft.com... > when i opened excel this evening, i found that columns and rows are both &g...

need T-SQL query help with set-based approach
Hello, I have two tables: one contains customers and [customer-specific] promo dates while the other contains customer sales records. CREATE TABLE #PromoDates ( CustomerID int NOT NULL , PromoDate datetime NOT NULL) INSERT INTO #PromoDates VALUES (1, '2010-01-01') INSERT INTO #PromoDates VALUES (1, '2009-06-15') INSERT INTO #PromoDates VALUES (1, '2009-05-20') CREATE TABLE #Sales ( CustomerID int NOT NULL , SaleDate datetime NOT NULL , SaleAmount money NOT NULL) INSERT INTO #Sales VALUES (1, '2010-02-16', 5) INSERT INTO #Sales ...

Novice requires macro help
I require a macro to sort the following example: Sheet1 FRED BOB SID BERT MARY a SUSAN b c FAY d e f JAN g MARGO h JO I j Where the cell has text in it copy the text from the cell along with the row title and column title and place in a new worksheet. e.g. Sheet2 a MARY BOB b SUSAN FRED c SUSAN BERT Hope someone can help! Thanks is advance, KP -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =----- http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! -----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =----- Sorry that the spaces got messed u...

Custom sales report help
Hello. I am trying to print out reports for quantities sold that also show me 0 quantity. I have added all the item numbers that I am interested in and it works great for ordering, but I need to be able to see which ones didnt sell during the period I set. The equals to 0 or less than 1 options dont work. Is there a trick? Thanks, Orlando ...

Help with If formula
This is my formula which works ok. =IF(D6<D16,"","over") What I am trying to do is extend this and in the same formula have D6,D7,D8,D9,D10 included,ie if any are greater than D16 then "over" but I get to many arguements. I have tried D6:D7<D16 and a couple of other things but cant get it to work. "ss" <weels51@hotmail.com> wrote: > This is my formula which works ok. > =IF(D6<D16,"","over") > What I am trying to do is extend this and in the same > formula have D6,D7,D8,D9,D10 included,ie if any are > ...

Still need help pre-populating a new form
Hi Wayne, Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I think its the wrong way round. If i read your code correctly, it opens an existing appointment with matching criteria.. What I need is a way to get from the Customers form into a new appointment form with just the customers ID pre-populated. So lets say I have a Customer record for Mrs Jones... currently I can go to a new appointment form and select her name from a drop-down and fill in the rest. But it would be so much nicer if I could click on a "Make Appointment" button in the customer form that opens the Appointments form and...