Wrapping of Text in X-Axis 2007 Charts

Hi,

I have developed a macro in 2003 that automatically creates charts. The text
labels underneath the chart wrap perfectly and the chart is auto sized.

I am now using that macro on 2007 and when charts are created the text
underneath the chart no longer wraps. Looking at the options in 2007 there is
an Alignment tab for formatting the axis but none of the available options
seem to be able to set label wrapping. The auto-fit option is greyed out.

Any help would be appreciated

how do I get rid of the dark lighting under surface plot chart?
I have created a 3d surface plot - Chart On the underside of this surface is a dark 3D lighting effect. How do I get rid of this? ...

How to keep the original format of copied text
When I copy text in MS Word 2003 it arrives at the new location with an extra (empty) line at the end. When I try to delete this line it causes the just moved text to revert to the defalult text of the current document. FOR EXAMPLE: I copy a paragraph that is Arial 10pt into a document that is Arial 12pt. The copy brings an extra line at the end. When I try to delete that extra line it causes the just pasted text to change to Arial 12pt......my problem is that I want to keep the original format. when you paste text in a word document from a different file, at the bottom of th...

Moving Outlook 2007 to New Computer
I will be moving my Outlook 2007 to a new computer and want to know what files I need to copy to minimize my setup. I know that I need to copy my pst file for the data but I don't know what other files should be copied (i.e. to get profile, etc). Would appreciate any information -- Neil What OSes are on the computers in question? Vista's migration program works pretty well for this "Remove ABCD from Email address to reply" <neil154ABCD@gmail.com> wrote in message news:%23XyjYJVzHHA.5380@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I will be moving my Outlook 2007 to a new...

Restricted Access Error with Microsoft Office 2004 SP2 and Mac OS 10.3.x
We updated to Microsoft Office 2004 SP2 and everything runs fine. However, on the 20 or so restricted access ID's that we had previously setup now encounter the infamous http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;908466 error: When you start Microsoft Excel 2004 for Mac, Microsoft PowerPoint 2004 for Mac, or Microsoft Word 2004 for Mac, you receive the following error message: "An unexpected error occurred while trying to load the Microsoft Framework library." This only happens with a restricted account. We have uninstalled, cleared the startup items, startup addi...

Control in Chart Sheet
Well, I put a chart sheet with a chart that depends on the scroll bar control. This control is also on the Chart sheet. I change the value of the scroll bar, it changes the value of the link cell and finally the link cell modifies the chart. 1) If a put a name to the cell (like 'variable') and put 'variable' on the link cell field, when I save, close and open the .xls, the link cell field will be empty. 2) If a put Sheet1!A1 on the link cell field (supposing that my cell is A1) and save, close and open the .xls, the link cell field will be correct (it will have Sheet1!A...

Truncating a text string
In A1 I have the following: A4 Black A4 Black+1 A4 1 colour A4 2 colour A4 4 colour A3 Black A3 Black+1 A3 1 colour A3 2 colour A3 4 colour I want to strip the leading two characters and the first space away leaving me with: Black Black+1 1 colour 2 colour 4 colour Black Black+1 1 colour 2 colour 4 colour I've been fiddling with this for a while but can't get it - I'd appreciate some help. Regards, Gavin Hopefully you meant that it starts in A1 with A4 Black and A2 has A4 Black+1 and so on, if so you can use a help formula and copy it down alongside =MID(A1,FIND...

Excel 2007: Cannot open documents by double-clicking
Suddenly I'm getting the following error when I try to double-click on an Excel spreadsheet to open it: Windows cannot find 'xxxx'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. "xxxx" is the full path and filename of the document I'm trying to open. Additionally, it seems that double-clicking a spreadsheet opens a second instance of Excel instead of using the currently open instance. I have no problem dragging a spreadsheet into Excel or opening a sheet from within Excel. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Robert Robert If the same a...

Using template to create email signature for Office 2007
When creating an email signature in Outlook 2003 we were able to select an option to use the template from our desktop. In Outlook 2007 we don't have this option. By copying and pasting the template in the signature area and then editing with our personal info losses it's format especially the email address link. What is the best way to use our company email signature template? Thanks for any suggestions. Did you try saving it as HTML and putting it in the Signature folder? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exc...

Outlook 2007 Returns Error 0x800CCC13 When Sending Calendar Items
Recently, I have run into an issue where any responses to Calendar invitations or even new Calendar invitations return return an error that states: Task 'E-mail account' reported error (0x800CCC13): 'Cannot connect to the network. Verify your network connection or modem.' All other e-mails sent and received with this account work properly, so both SMTP and POP work properly. I have tried disabling anti virus, etc. I even captured packets during an attempted send of a calendar invitation or response and have found that Outlook contacts the SMTP server, authe...

Windows 7 and Outlook 2007 problem
I updated to Windows 7, and reinstalled Office 2007. I cannot install Outlook, and when I go into Control Panel/Mail I get the message that the Exchange Server is not available. I cannot get past this. "doctoral student muma" <doctoralstudentmuma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:24D9800F-52FA-4416-AF66-0DC2454F2B89@microsoft.com... >I updated to Windows 7, and reinstalled Office 2007. I cannot install > Outlook, and when I go into Control Panel/Mail I get the message that the > Exchange Server is not available. I cannot get past this. Su...

How to monitor DPM 2007/2010 without SCOM/SCE ?
I'm looking for solutions to monitor DPM 2007/2010. The e-mail alerts are not si usefull because it's sometime like a spam machine. Unfortunaly, i dont have SCOM ;-) Is it possible to have some informations about SQL view in DPMDB database ? For example the vw_DPM_Jobs view seams to be the view i need. What are the possible values for the field Status ? ErrorCode ? If SQL acces is impossible, is there an other way ? Thanks, François - France DPM UI, E-Mail alerts, SCOM are the ways to monitor DPM health status. Viewing/running queries against DPM databa...

bar chart #3
I am trying to make a bar chart. My problem is that excell keeps combining info from 2 different projects and inserts both of them into one bar chart. How do I fix this problem? I assume that you want to see the data as two series in one chart? Put your different projects into different rows, or preferably different columns, select them both, and the Chart wizard should split them into two different series. If that doesn't work, select one series, insert the chart, then go to source data, & add the second series. -- David Biddulph "Ann" <Ann@discussions.micro...

Text box shadows
I have put several text boxes in a Word document and some have shadows, some do not. I want to remove the shadows from all of them but when I format there are no borders/shadows set. Any suggestions for how I may remove the shadows? ...

Inserting text in a CEdit/CeditView
I've been working on this for a week, and did a scan of this NG. That pointed me to SetWindowText, but as expected that simply replaces the text in the Notepad like window with the string passed to SetWindowText. What I want to do is take a string of text I have assembled in a CDialog and insert in the current position of the main CEdit window. -- Gary G. Little Gary G. Little wrote: > I've been working on this for a week, and did a scan of this NG. That > pointed me to SetWindowText, but as expected that simply replaces the text > in the Notepad like window with the stri...

How to convert 2007-001 this year and day to a normal date?
I want find out how to convert a julain to a normal date format: for example:- Julian date is : 2007001 convert to "01 Jan 2007" Regards, You should be able to use the DateSerial function. DateSerial(Left([Julian],4),1,Right([Julian],3)) IF Julian is a number field then DateSerial([Julian]\1000,1,[Julian] Mod 1000) You should check that Julian is a numeric value before trying this -- John Spencer Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007 Center for Health Program Development and Management University of Maryland Baltimore County .. "Julian Date Conversion" <Julian Date Conv...

Excel sheet bar chart
Using source data from an Excel sheet I have created a bar chart on the same spreadsheet that goes across horizontally. The data is just start and finish dates of jobs. Some jobs have started and finished. Some have started and are yet to finish. Along the Value Axis along the top there are a series of datesset a week apart. I would like to pu a line or arrow along this value access that show he current date whenevr this spread sheet is opened Look here for information about adding lines to your charts: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Mic...

editing multiple charts excel 2007
I have numerous charts that will eventually be copied into Powerpoint. I want to edit all of them at one time to have the same formatting. When I choose more than one chart, the formatting for the charts is not available. This is very frustrating as now I will have to change each segment of each chart. Is there a way to choose multiple charts and edit them or am I barking up a very empty tree? On Fri, 18 May 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, ccinseward <ccinseward@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I have numerous charts that will eventually be copied into Powerpoint. I ...

Excel Chart with equal length axis
Is it possible to create a chart that is square? i.e. the length of the x axis is equal to the length of the y axis and be centered in landscape? Hi, I this you are going to need VBA code to do this. This example uses the smallest length to square the chart to. '-------------------------------------- Sub Squareplot() Application.ScreenUpdating = False With ActiveChart If .PlotArea.InsideHeight > .PlotArea.InsideWidth Then Do While .PlotArea.InsideWidth < .PlotArea.InsideHeight .PlotArea.Height = .PlotArea.Height - 1 L...

2 cycle logarithmic charts
I'm trying to get a 2 cycle log chat. i know that you can create the 1 cycle log chart in the user charts area. Could someone point me in the direction of somewhere or tell me how to get a 2 cycle chart Cheers Mark Mark - You get a two-cycle (or whatever number cycle) log scale by double clicking on the axis and choosing appropriate min and max values on the Scale tab. Or do you mean a double log (or log-log) plot? You have to start with an XY Scatter chart, not a Line chart, then change each axis to a log scale. Double click the axis, click on the Scale tab, and check...

Add series names to legend after the chart has been created
How do I do the above other than edit the series name in the source data window. Hi, You can edit the series name in the source data window. Or selecting the series and then editing the series formula in the formula bar. Or by linking to a cell reference, then you simply edit the cell. Cheers Andy Barry wrote: > How do I do the above other than edit the series name in the source data > window. > > Andy, thanks for the reply. I do not think I explained it very well. I have a chart that is complete, and in the legend it just shows the little colour squares. Is there ano...

Changing Text Import Wizard Defaults
I am using Excel 2007 and would like to change the Text Import Wizard's default column data format from General to Text; that is, whenever I run the wizard and go to Step 3 of 3, I would like all columns to be pre-configured as Text instead of General. Can this be done? If yes, then how would I do it? TIA for any assistance. -- Cm~ I don't think you can do it. But if your data always has the same file name and layout, you could record a macro when you open the file and specify each field. If the fields vary (in width??), you can make make it a bit easier. Open the f...

Filtering resource texts in dialogs and menus
Hello, is there a way to make an MFC application (dialog, SDI or MDI) filter the strings it loads from resources (dialogs, menus etc.) through a function in the application? I want to do text replacements, like replace "article number" by "part number" or similar, throughout the application without having to modify the resource file or use multiple resource DLLs (as in the common internationalization concepts). Just for illustration, I came up with the following function: void Reverse(CDialog &Dlg) { for(CWnd *wnd=Dlg.GetWindow(GW_CHILD);wnd!=NULL;wnd=wnd->GetWin...

Text Wrap from Copied Access Data
When I copy data from Access to Excel, Excel automatically wraps the text. Is there a fix for this, so when I copy the data it does not wrap the text? Thanks! ...

Medium Date format and calendar in Access 2007
Hi there Due to complaints from users, I will have to use medium date format for dates instead of Short Date in my forms. The Tables are in the short date format. So the data tables are Short Date and the Forms are Medium Date. When I changed the format of dates from Short date to medium date in my form, the calendar is no longer available for me to select dates. Essentially the users want to use the calendar to select the date but on the form they want to see the format as dd-mmm-yyyy. The users do not want to change their computer settings to the dd-mmm-yyyy and would r...

Vista and Novell, with Office 2007 SP1?
Just wondering if anyone here with Vista on a Novell network had installed SP1 for Office 2007 yet. There were serious issues with Vista+Novell+Office 2007 before the new Novell client for Vista was released in June/July, and didn't know if changes in Office 2007 SP1 brought some of those back. I've received no answer from Novell on this. Anyone have such a setup? -- __________________________________________________________________________________ Ed Hansberry (Please do *NOT* email me. Post here for the benefit of all) What is on my Pocket PC? http://www.ehansberry.com/ Microsoft ...