Word Doc Macro help needed please!

I need to make a mocro that will work in a word doc. This macro would
start with [000001] and count up one number each paragraph. For example
paragraph two would auto show [000002] and so on. Any help would be
GREAT!

I have a word file which contains 100 pages. All the pages have name &
address of companies.(not in table) i have to transfer them to excel in
column format(for example first name, last name, address, phone etc)
can any one tell me code for this( i know how to open word & creat new
excel sheet) . I need code for how to reach to lines of word. r there
any thing like "document.line.word. character" ????? i know how to use
functions like mid, left, right but dont know about word line,
character reading.
plz help me
thks in advance

--
ExcelPower
ExcelPower's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30964

These posts relate to Excel Charting... HOW?

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

"ExcelPower" <ExcelPower.23khda_1140504602.5168@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote
in message news:ExcelPower.23khda_1140504602.5168@excelforum-nospam.com...

> I have a word file which contains 100 pages. All the pages have name &
> address of companies.(not in table) i have to transfer them to excel in
> column format(for example first name, last name, address, phone etc)
> can any one tell me code for this( i know how to open word & creat new
> excel sheet) . I need code for how to reach to lines of word. r there
> any thing like "document.line.word. character" ????? i know how to use
> functions like mid, left, right but dont know about word line,
> character reading.
> plz help me
> thks in advance
>

> --
> ExcelPower
> ExcelPower's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30964
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=514609

Need to delete roaming profile after logoff
Is there a way to delete roaming profiles off the clients after the user log offs? We don't have enough space on some workstations and need to free space when users are not on the system. The server is Win2K8, and we have clients from XP to Win7. Thanks "Allyn" <Allyn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:40A868B2-479B-479C-ABD6-0DB8FD691E52@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to delete roaming profiles off the clients after the user > log > offs? We don't have enough space on some workstations and need to free > space > when ...

validating xml doc with multiple schemas using wildcards
I am trying to validate a xml file with two schema files cust.xsd and cust1.xsd. The schema file cust.xsd allows addition of elements from another schema cust1.xsd by using xs:any wildcard. cust.xsd - schema <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <xs:schema targetNamespace="urn:xmlns:sysapex-com:customer" elementFormDefault="qualified" xmlns="urn:xmlns:sysapex-com:customer" xmlns:mstns="urn:xmlns:sysapex-com:customer" xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"> <xs:element name="Customer"&...

Microsoft CRM 3.0 Online Help update available for Download
Hi All! The Microsoft Dynamics CRM content development team responds to the documentation feedback entered at the bottom of every Online Help page in Microsoft CRM. This feedback is incorporated into regular updates that are available on the Microsoft Download Center. An update was just posted this week that contains changes based on customer and partner feedback during the months of December and January. You can download it at: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=309129a8-9a6b-478a-87c8-fd7e7e1e6486&DisplayLang=en. Good luck! Crystal L. Smithwick Microsoft Dyn...

Need help on Probablility problem
I have a problem for class i cant figure out how to do this is it: I have to create a worksheet that displays the percentage of peopl having the same birthday and the percentage of them having differen birthdays. My problem is i have no idea what formula to use to ge these percentages for each amount of people. If anyone can help i would be greatly appreciated ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide ...

Macro Editor closes Excel 2000 ?
When I attempt to edit a macro in Excel 2000 the program will close. I can not open the VB Macro Editor. Re-installed Office and downloaded latest updates to no avail. Any help is appreciated ...

graph control needed
hi i want a graph control to draw a linear and smooth graph.I am using MFC. any kind of guidance is appreciated.... check this: http://www.codeproject.com/miscctrl/mschartvc.asp regards, Jayender. quickdeveloper wrote: > hi > > i want a graph control to draw a linear and smooth graph.I am using > MFC. > any kind of guidance is appreciated.... This one might be interesting to you as well: http://www.codeguru.com/cpp/cpp/cpp_mfc/general/article.php/c8535/ Tom "quickdeveloper" <nvamshikrishna@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1137499093.575651.292350@g43g...

I need Office 2003 Icons. Thanks
Could someone please help me to find and download Office 2003 icons. Thanks Wes V. Google for: microsoft office 2003 icons download "pwvjr" <pwvjr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:93249F9D-3361-4ED7-B106-6C62B5FE2183@microsoft.com... : Could someone please help me to find and download Office 2003 icons. : : Thanks : : Wes V. ...

Marsh modfAutoSizeTextBoxMulti help!
Hi Marsh, I was testing the modfAutoSizeTextBoxMulti you modified for me a couple days ago and there is only one thing the I have to ask you. When I add a new record and start to type something the function does not fire. In other word in the very first time you insert a text in the box it does not resize itself. Try to add a new record and you'll see what I mean. I tried to use the On open event in the same way you used the Change event, but it does not seem to work. Could you help in that again? Stefano. ...

Word wrap in the list box or ctrl list.
Hi! Is there a way to make a long line of text word wrap in the list box? I would like to move rest of text to second line if needed, but still be part of the same item. Thanks for any help! Second way: I would like that the whole item be visible when I do "on mouse over" this item which is visible only in small part. After I put cursor over my item (only part content is visible ) it should show all content. These are two slightly different questions. First: there are many ways of doing word wrap but I prefer the lazy way out. First, I do an owner-draw-variable listbox. I c...

Help needed reactivating Journal.
At work I use MS Outlook 2000 SR1 in a Corporate or Workgroup environment. I believe that originally this was supplied with Journal enabled, but that I have at some point in the dim and distant past removed Journal from the Outlook sidebar, since at the time I never used it. I now have a situation where I might want to use it, but I cannot see how to restore it, any help would be greatly appreciated. Assuming that I can restore it can Journal be made to work with contacts in the Global Address List as opposed to my Contacts folder? If so how? If not can I somehow automatically Import the ...

Trying to delete multiple cells that contain a specific word (not equation)
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I've had to export a form from QuickBooks Online to Excel so I could manipulate it. Within a column there are 115+ cells that contain a specific word that I need to delete all those cells. Is there something as easy as find and delete, rather than find and replace? I can't believe that I have to delete each cell individually. On 3/9/10 10:52 AM, JeanM@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I've had to > export a form from QuickBooks Online to Excel so I could manipulate ...

Suggestion needed from experts reg files
Hi, I am doing an app which involves freqent searching. So ,I thought of this way. Reading from the file once the system boots and cache the memory. When the file does not exist ,the app will not be executing else the app runs normal. I have done searching mechanism in the file. I am getting lost in caching the memory ,Pls explain how the whole procedure works and if at all pls give some sample code snippet. Regards YKUT Whether memory is cached or not is usually up to the memory manager. Why are you wanting to intervene? "YKUT" <ykutanoor2003@yahoo.com> wrote in messa...

Lost/help not finding the correct terminology questions for help
I am building a simple work book My first row where my titles need to be are 2 rows tall to enter my data. Typing always starts at the bottom left hand corner I want typing to start at top left corner so I can enter my 2 rows of data?? 2nd question: My wk. book is 6 colums, 36 rows. I enter text in 5 colums and a number figure in colum F, example 10.5 question.. as I enter these number figures dailey I would like them to automatically add the running the total in cell 36 F is this possible?? -- Microsoft Office 2003 Version Thank-you Carl R Hi Carl, Q1 Setting a row to dou...

HTML Help Workshop
Our HTML Help Workshop is dated 1999 and does not match the current HTML Help Work documentation. Our HTML Help Workshop version is 4.74.8702.0. This version is also reffered to as version 1.3 What we want is HTML Help Workshop version 1.4 or later. We hope that version 1.4 will match the current HTML Help documentaion at the MSDN website Please let us know where on the internet we can download a newer version of HTML Help Workshop. Try the following link http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=00535334-c8a6-452f-9aa0-d597d16580cc&DisplayLang=en -- Cheers Check A...

word document not letting me type anything ..help please!
son doing MacBeth homework on word document.it has been saved,we need to add more stuff to it..BUT we can not get the text to work on it..can anyone help? Can you select text? If so, the simplest thing would be to just select everything (ctr + A) and copy and paste it into a new document. There are some other things you could try if that doesn't work. Which version of Word are you using? "lizzydove" wrote: > son doing MacBeth homework on word document.it has been saved,we need to add > more stuff to it..BUT we can not get the text to work on it..can anyo...

Macro help needed
all, thanks for any response. I would like to make a macro to take the contents of 3 columns of 20 numbers and letters, and combine them into one column to form a serial number.....this is relevant for a label making program that allows an Excel import. for example A1 Port1 KVM would turn into A1-Port1-KVM any help is appreciated. -- Rich........ my AOL instant messenger shhhbalto use this link to donate a calling card to our troops https://thor.aafes.com/scs/product.aspx?cid=2 this site helps our wounded soldiers adapt http://www.homesforourtroops.org/pages/4/index.htm Fr...

Differences in Word between Office 2007 Editions
I want to buy Office 2007, but I don't want to pay for more than I need. I only require Word, Excel and Powerpoint, so I could theoretically buy the Home and Student edition. However!!!!!! With Office 2003, I bought the Small Business Edition, but the version of Word in that was not the "full" version. I wanted to edit XML files and I discovered the following text via the help function: "XML features, except for saving documents as XML with the Word XML schema, are available only in Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003 or the standalone product of ...

Hidden Macros
I have an excel worksheet, it is about 2 mb. CReaed in Excel 2000. The customer said the file was corrupted by a virus some time ago, since then when you open it it asks if you want to enable or disable macros. Disabling worked up till today, the file opens then closes as excel generates an error and closes. No Dr.Watson, nothing in the event log. I can successfully open the file in excel 2002 and it still see macros. I open the VB editor and there is nothing in there. What could be causing this problem??? Thanks, Joe Maybe there is a empty module?? Alt-F11 If you see one right cli...

Word 2003 Form Fields
Greetings, I am using Word Form fields in a Word 2003 document. One Calculation Form Field adds several form fields for a total. My user wants a solution, possibly a check box, so that when the box is checked, the Total in the Calculation Form Field is reduced by half. If the box is not checked, the full total will display. The solution cannot be a macro because of firm policies. Does anyone have any creative ideas (non-macro) about how this could be accomplished. Thanks in advance. You CANNOT do it WITHOUT using a Macro. Who ever it was in the firm that said m...

how do I set up a default email program to send docs?
When I try to Send a document from Word I get a message that i need to set up an email program in Default Programs. How do I do this? Open Internet Explorer Tools | Internet Options | Programs tab | Set Programs -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "djrobison22" <djrobison22@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4B89ECE1-7294-4B66-93A7-4113CDC55A8F@microsoft.com... > When I try to Send a document from Word I get a message that i need to set > up > an email program ...

Help with text function
I need a function to help return the first name of a text sting that contains last name,first name, midlle initial. For instance for "Walker,Catrina L" I need to return "Catrina" Terrence Are you absolutely, positively certain that EVERY text string contains the sequence LastName, FirstName MiddleInitial? Cher, for example, ... .... or Jean Claude van Damm .... or Billy Bob Thorton If you can, without question, state that every text string has a single comma in it, placed between the LastName and FirstName (hmmm, what about John Doe, Jr. ... ...

workbook macro help #2
Hello there, I would like some help with a macro that I need to run in a workbook. this is the macro. Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) Columns("A:Z").EntireColumn.AutoFit End Sub what or how do I get it to work for every worksheet in the workbook, I currently place the macro in each worksheet which is very time consuming. Is there a way to place the macro in the workbook so all worksheets have the autofit macro? regards Ditchy Hi ditchy, Try putting the following code into the ThisWorkbook module (replace the names of the sheets to single out as ...

Can't import JPG in Word or Powerpoint, windows 7
Just downloaded windows 7 and now microsoft word and powerpoint won't import any of my jpgs. Any ideas??? Cortneyc If it was me, I'd re-install ms word and ms powerpoint (ms office?) cheers TAJ Simmons Powerpoint Wizard awesome graphics for powerpoint http://www.PresentationPictures.com powerpoint pictures, tutorials, free samples... "cortneyc" <cortneyc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:743A157B-29FA-4AD9-BB0B-6A2CEE78B7B8@microsoft.com... > Just downloaded windows 7 and now microsoft word and powerpoint won't > impor...

Help with Annoyances
I have two annoyances that I can't seem to get rid of in Outlook 2003: 1. Locking the toolbars; the Standard and Menu toolbars alwys move around; I'd like to "lock" them in place; is there anywhere to do this? 2. Custom toolbar removal; everytime i start Outlook 2003, the PDFMaker custom toolbar appears; when I Customize => select the toolbar, Delete, it works for the session only and next time I start Outlook it reappers; how do I get rid of this? Any assistance greatly appreciated! smoovee <smoovee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have two annoyanc...

Paste hyperlink in Word
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel When I Insert > Hyperlink the dialog box pops up. I always was able to cut and paste or drag the URL into the &quot;Link to&quot; box. Now all is grayed out. How can I cut and paste or drag to this box? The Menus & Toolbars are typically not available when foreground dialog windows are open. Use the standard cut/copy/paste keystrokes: Copy: Command+C Cut: Command+X Paste: Command+V HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 4/21/10 12:11 PM, in article 59bb73c1.-1@webcros...