Word Doc Macro help needed please!

I need to make a mocro that will work in a word doc. This macro would
start with [000001] and count up one number each paragraph. For example
paragraph two would auto show [000002] and so on. Any help would be
GREAT!

I have a word file which contains 100 pages. All the pages have name &
address of companies.(not in table) i have to transfer them to excel in
column format(for example first name, last name, address, phone etc)
can any one tell me code for this( i know how to open word & creat new
excel sheet) . I need code for how to reach to lines of word. r there
any thing like "document.line.word. character" ????? i know how to use
functions like mid, left, right but dont know about word line,
character reading.
plz help me
thks in advance

--
ExcelPower
ExcelPower's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30964

These posts relate to Excel Charting... HOW?

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

"ExcelPower" <ExcelPower.23khda_1140504602.5168@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote
in message news:ExcelPower.23khda_1140504602.5168@excelforum-nospam.com...

> I have a word file which contains 100 pages. All the pages have name &
> address of companies.(not in table) i have to transfer them to excel in
> column format(for example first name, last name, address, phone etc)
> can any one tell me code for this( i know how to open word & creat new
> excel sheet) . I need code for how to reach to lines of word. r there
> any thing like "document.line.word. character" ????? i know how to use
> functions like mid, left, right but dont know about word line,
> character reading.
> plz help me
> thks in advance
>

> --
> ExcelPower
> ExcelPower's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30964
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=514609

Help, Excel Files Being Wiped Out: Data Lost or Corrupted
When I try to open certain Excel files, I get this message: Unable to read file. [OK] Unable to read file. [OK] Errors were detected ... MS was able to open the file by making the repairs below. Save the file to make the repairs permanent. Damage to the file so extensive that repairs were not possible. Excel attempted to recover your formulaes and values, but data may have been lost or corrupted. The resulting file is devoid of any formatting, and some formulaes are gone. It's really no use since it takes so much time to reconstruct these files. I've been saving 4 different v...

Macros stopped running
I wrote a macro attached to fill out the Application_ItemSend event and that's been running for a while on my machine here at work. Today, it is not. I opened the VBasic editor and put a break point on the event and created a new email and sent it but the break point never actuated. I'm guessing that macros are no longer running but I don't know how to re-enable them or why they'd stop in the first place. Any ideas? ======= Richard Lewis Haggard Never mind. Figured it out. Tools\Macros\Security - a dialog box appears. Changed it from high to low. Macro runs. ===== Richard Le...

Bar chart help wanted
Hello to everybody ! I have this kind of data: TIME VALUE 0:00:00 0 0:00:34 1 0:00:35 1 0:01:00 0 0:01:30 0 0:01:33 1 0:01:55 1 0:01:59 0 0:02:00 0 0:02:10 1 0:02:15 1 0:03:00 0 0:03:05 0 0:03:07 1 0:03:55 1 0:08:00 0 and I need to create bar chart that would have a bar of the hight equal to 1 at each time value where the "value" in table (Y-axis) equals one (and also between "one"s values). In all other time values the Y value is zero ! Excel bar chart seems to omit all values that are not in the dataset ! I need to include also those time values that are not expli...

Pivot table help #11
I needed help with a Pivot table. In the attached excel sheet i am trying to use the Creatiion date (coloum X)as one of the filters in the pivot table. Could someone please guide me as to how i can filter with the Creation date as one of the pivot tables. Thanks Sammy ...

Need help with a query
Let me start by saying that I have very little experience in Access. I've learned what I know by "tinkering" around in it and a lot of the terminology I've seen on these boards is above my head. Here's the background to my question. I created an employee database that consists of one massive form with several tabs and on each tab there are several subforms. The main form was created from the Employee Header table and the subforms were created from queries from tables. The idea is when you open the form, you see an employee's basic info on the top ...

macros #10
If I have a macro that copies A1 and pastes it into b1, how can I change the macro to paste it into any selected cell? Hi HOHN, Try one of these... Sub S_Copy() ActiveCell.Value = Range("A1").Value End Sub Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) Target.Value = Range("A1").Value End Sub Where you will have to activate the S_Copy() macro with a button or such and the Selection_Change macro will copy A1 th the cell you click on. HTH Regards, Howard "JOHN" <JOHN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:34A28B2B-D959-46...

Visio 2003 Org Chart Wizard Macro
Hi, If someone could do me a favour it would be much appreciated. In Visio 2003 i believe you can record macro actions, using the record, stop method in Visio itself. Please could someone record the process of going through the org chart wizard, linking through to an Access database, and then either post the code here or send to me. Many thanks, Scott ...

Excel with macros to html covnersion
I have an excel sheet with command buttons. If i try to save this excel as a html file, the command buttons with macros does not work. Is there a way that i can convert the excel sheet with macro assigned command buttons to html... ...

help. outlook 2007. not listing contacts
Hi all, i have a small problem in that some of my contacts are not listed in my contacts, example: in address bar type 'b' get a list of all my 'b' contacts, barbara, ben, bill, etc but none of them appear in my address book, or contacts. only listed if i add them to address bar. My question is: where are they stored cos I want to delete one or more. I think they are addresses i have only replied to and never 'created' but have used for new messages, by just typing the first letter and selecting from there. Help please. Many thanks in advance. Lepak Lepak Nera...

Which Office 2010 Configuration Do I Need For Our New Business?
We are starting a new medium sized business and need help deciding which MS Office products we will need. Can someone direct me to the proper place to get this information? So far I haven't been able to find anything. Thanks Office 2010 is still in BETA. You could review all info out there for 2007 which is available for purchase. Saidas wrote: > We are starting a new medium sized business and need help deciding which MS > Office products we will need. Can someone direct me to the proper place to > get this information? So far I haven't been able to find a...

Help with profiles .pst files and roaming profiles
Hi all and thanks in advance for the future answers; Well, we have a enviromente that goes like this: 1 Domain Controller 1 Mail Server running KERIO MAIL SERVER 2 Terminal Servers running CITRIX PS 4.5 1 Server running the citrix console The problem: We have like 50 users now that connect to servers A or B and have their roaming profile working fine, all files and configs come and go, with the exception of the OUTLOOK profile. When i had to add SERVER B to the system, i had to copy users folders from server A and apply the same permissions one by one, otherwise outlook would not work and ...

Help rank features for future Dynamics GP releases
Each year, we ask customers to give us valuable insight into the enhancement of our products. When you give us your feedback and opinions, you help us refine our software to make it even more customer friendly. Please take a few moments to visit the URL below and complete the Product Advisory Board Survey now. This forum is an important way for us to get your opinion on our products, but this special opportunity is available for a limited time. https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/pabs -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. We w...

Need control to not display its data under certain circumstances
I have a form that saves "99" for a particular field if that field is left blank (which for us means that we tried, but weren't able to collect that information). However, when I load that form for a pre-existing record, I would like these fields to not show the 99, but rather to appear empty. Is there a way to do that through the control properties? Meaning, is there a way to not display the saved value for a particular control if the data saved for it was a 99? Thanks for your help. Try conditional formatting. Create a condition that says, if the value of the control = 99, ...

help!!! #2
Can somebody tell me the name and location of the file that holds the address book? I have reinstall the outlook and imported the contacts from a comma delimited file, all of the contacts appear on the contact folder but when I open a new message window and click on the TO: button to add recipients a message saying that the address book could not be found and after that it shows a window asking for the proper list to show in a drop down list; that drop down list says 3 times the word "contacts" and if I select the second then all the contacts would appear but I don't kn...

Office Help and Embeded links
Strange problem on one machine. Help files work, however, like the show all link or any of the other links that show up, clicking on them does nothing. All other machines are working with not problem, just this one. Uninstall/reinstall does not work. It is not the customer feedback problem or the default browser. Any ideas? ...

Macro's #4
I have made a macro to open excel document but when I run it my computer will not allow the macro to run That is probably because you have your security setting at high. Either reduce the setting to medium, which will ask each time if you want to enable macros, or add a digital signature to the file with the macro. -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from email address if mailing direct) "Ron" <Ron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B1FABEC1-3459-4B76-AE9C-81A62E6BE175@microsoft.com... > I have made a macro to open excel document but when I run it my co...

Chart display help
How can I have the chart bars display the percentages and the data labels be the raw numbers? Is this possible? Hi, By default bar charts don't display percentages, however, you could create custom data labels by combing a calculation of the percentage with the actual value in another range and the using a program like the free XL Chart Labeler to pick up that range for the data labels. http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm Suppose the numbers that are your Values are in C2:C10, create a new column by entering the following formula in D2 =C2/SUM(C$2:C$10) Copy this fo...

Re: MACRO Recorded and saved does not run the second time.
"helene and gabor" <gabelene@townisp.com> wrote in message news:... > Hello, > > The Macro was created on a Vista system. > > Steps: > Developer > Record Macro > Macro entered > --------------- > Record Macro > Macro name: month > Store: Workbook > OK > ----------------- > Macro was then entered > Stop recording > > Developer > Visual Basic > Macro name shows as:month > Run > The macro ran OK > ---------------------------. > once more: Run Macro > edit > Save Book1 save...

Suggestions exchange server mailstore best practices needed
I am running out of back-up space for my exchange server. When users move mail from their inbox into another mail folder is the mail still on the server or the local drive? If I have users move mail out of their inbox into the folder tree am I saving any space on the server? Do anyone have an suggestions on how I might better get my users to manage their inboxes? thanks the only time data is being moved off the Exchange server is when it's deleted (and even then, if DIR is configured, it isn't removed right away) or if it's been moved to "personal folders"...mov...

How do I convert the format? (Please see msg for details)
I have once sheet with more than 500 blocks of data in this format: --------------------------------------|-----------------|-------------- comapny1 --------------------------------------|-----------------|-------------- Website: web1 --------------------------------------|-----------------|-------------- Location: loca1 --------------------------------------|-----------------|-------------- How can I convert them to a arranged format like this: --------------------------------------|-----------------|-------------- COMPANY | WEBSITE | LOCATION ------...

copy words as you type
As one types there should be a simple way to begin and end copying a word or phrase for later playback. This would differ from highlighting in that it could be done right when you are typing and without lifting the fingers from the keyboard. For example, I know I am typing a phrase or name I am likely to need to insert into my document again, and I would like to be able to easily click something, type it, and click again, and that name or phrase would be highlighted just as if I had used the mouse. This is a feature from the IBM Displaywriter, and it saved a lot of time which ...

Run-time Error '-2147217900 (80040e140': HELP!!
I receive the above error when I syn my offline database on one machine. Have disabled any firewalls and checked administrative rights. The rest of the error states "SQL Server blocked access to STATEMENT 'openrowset.........." Thanks Open Sql Server Surface Area Configuration, click on Surface Area Configurationi for Features at the bottom of the screen, Check the Enable OPENROWSET and OPENDATASOURCE support box. Then try to sync the database. "Tony" wrote: > I receive the above error when I syn my offline database on one machine. Have > disabled any f...

Scanning E-mail for Certain words & changing the background
Hello, I have been asked to write a macro for Outlook that will scan an e-mail for select words such as Voluntary, Surrender, etc. and then change the background (highlight) those words found in an e-mail. I have used VBA in Excel and Access but not in Outlook. I looked through all 43 pages on the site and could not find a post to help. Probably looked right past several. Anyway, any help would be appreciated. thanks, -- rhutch In what version of Outlook? Highlight those words in an open message? In the reading pane? -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Micr...

ftp hyperlink doesn't work in Word XP
There is a ftp hyperlink in my word XP. When I click it, it says: Unable to open ftp://ftp.mycompany.com/. the Internet site reports that the item you requested could not be found. (HTTP/1.0 404) But I can copy this hyperlink to IE, it works. I googled it, some guys asked the same question, but they haven't got the answer. Could you help me? Simon / Sweden All the ftp hyperlinks in word XP don't work. Is there any solution? "Simon / Sweden" wrote: > There is a ftp hyperlink in my word XP. When I click it, it says: > > Unable to open ftp...

help create a formula using the IF command with AND
I need to create a formula for below: IF A2 is greater than A1 AND A4>A3 then A4 should be multiplied by .04, if not then A4 should be multiplied by .03. Can someone turn that into a formula for me? I'm sorry I should clarify the "if not", if A2 is not greater than A1. =if(and(a2>a1,a4>a3),a4*.04,a4*.03) or =a4*(if(and(a2>a1,a4>a3),.04,.03)) or =a4*(.03+.01*(and(a2>a1,a4>a3))) They'll all evaluate the same, so you can use the one that is easiest to understand. joe54345@gmail.com wrote: > > I need to create a formula for below: > >...