why i can not run excel2000 in windows XP?

i have installed office2000 in windows XP correctly, but i
can not open it. after the splash window, there are nothing
displayed.
please tell me why i met that mistake and how to resolve it.
thank you for your help

The following MSKB article may help:

OFF2000: Program Quits Immediately After Starting When SR-1/SR-1a Update
Is Applied
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=255503

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

Can outlook have two completely seperate users from same computer?
In Outlook I would like to have to completely seperate users so that each cannot access the others account information and also so that emails sent to my account cannot be opened through her account.... almost I guess as i had two different outlooks on my computer thank you In news:7A4A32AD-E398-4945-BA92-6B9D53F1ADD1@microsoft.com, Hayley <Hayley@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > In Outlook I would like to have to completely seperate users so that > each cannot access the others account information and also so that > emails sent to my account cannot be opened through he...

users can delete public folder calendar entries without permission
why would a user be able to delete a calender entry in exchange 2003 (Active Directory) public folder with permissions on that folder set to none in the delete section? any help would be greatly appreciated. shrp On Mon, 15 Mar 2010 17:23:15 -0700 (PDT), shrpshtr <shrpshtr@gmail.com> wrote: >why would a user be able to delete a calender entry in exchange 2003 >(Active Directory) public folder with permissions on that folder set >to none in the delete section? any help would be greatly appreciated. The short answer is that they wouldn't be able to do that. ...

Can i see my archive emails in the same folders as they were befor
I don't want to see my emails in a separate location. I want to be able to archive my emails but still be displayed [with a different color tint perhaps, indication that they are archived] in the same location. Imagine that I have the following structure: Customers -> Germany -->DHL -->ZDF -> France -->France Telecom -->Canal+ If i am looking for an email i don't want to look in two locations. [current and archive folder]. Is it possible ? "Johnny" <Johnny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:644549CE-D381-4331-...

convert Date formate (windows default) to Arabic
Dear all, any one have an idea about how i can convert the Date from gorgian Date formate (windows default) to Arabic Um AL Qura format (Hijiri) ? -- MBS Developer Abdelrahman Nabil ...

Any security concern about Windows event 529?
We have been seeing large amount of windows event 529 on our domain controller. Sometimes it has a valid user name. Sometimes, it sends the computer name as the user name. We have the account locked out rule set on DC, but no account locked for these 529 events. And what is the potential cause for those w/o the actual user name? Raw Event = Logon Failure: Reason: Unknown user name or bad password User Name: WORKSTATION01$ Domain: DMNET Logon Type: 3 Logon Process: NtLmSsp Authentication Package: NTLM Workstation Name: WORKSTATION01 Caller User Name: ...

Windows Media Center Update
This is a problem I have been having, this morning I wanted to use the WMC (Windows Media Center) TV internet service, but when I launched it in WMC it said for me to update WMC. I used Windows Update to check but I encountered "ERROR 80072efd", with that I decided to manually update WMC. Now that is my problem, I can't find the update for WMC. I have Windows Vista Home premium 32-bit, unknown WMC version. I request simple and strait forward responses, and I do not wish to update to Windows 7. You may encounter temporary connection-related errors [e.g., 0x80072EFD]...

How can I draw a Parabola in Excel? like y = x^2 + 3
In a1:a10 enter numbers such as 1,2,3.... In b1 type =a1^2+3 copy this down to B10 select a1:b10; click chart wizard; select XY chart done now play with values in A to get what you need best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Max" <Max@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F72AB641-F882-4DAD-B0C3-322297A124FC@microsoft.com... > ...

Can't give access to new Test Company on GP10
I created an additional company on GP10 which I called TEST. Through SQL Server, I restored a backup file of our production database to test. Then I went into GP > User Access Setup, and tried to assign access to the TEST company to users, but it would not allow it. The message read, "The user could not be added to one or more databases." I created the new company as sa, and sa does have access to the TEST company. I would appreciate any help with this. Thanks! Have you tried going into SQL server and removing all the permissions from the Test database before going into...

Updating Contract PriceBook after Integration Manager runs.
I want to create a process to add new inventory items thru Integration Manager and then kick off a script to update the Field Service Contract Pricing for the new item and also update the Item Extensions to be Contractible or not. I have the Integration Manager part down - what I'm needing help with is what kind of script to run to update the SVC00951-Item Master Extension and SVC00654-SVC_Contract_Price_Book_Group tables. Item Master Extension gets automatically created when the new item is saved in Item Master. It defaults to Contractible, but about half of our new item...

How can a set an alarm in Excel?
I don't know if this is possible, but I figured I would ask: I have a spreadsheet that I work with that shows the schedules of my students; each different place my student goes has its own row, so a student may have many rows if they have many activities. currently, i auto filter the day column to the current day so i can see what students have activities on that day, and when/where they are. i was wondering if i could set an alarm on the column labeled 'start time' that would pop a window up when any value in that cell matched the system time... is this possible?? thanks, -...

Outlook XP asking for username/password/domain on startup
I seem to have a problem in that each time I startup Outlook XP with accessing Exchange I get a dialogue box coming up asking for a username / password / domain. I put in the required info and the domain will not allow more than 8 characters. I deleted the profile and created the profile and I'm still having the same issue when creating the email account. I'm running the latest fixes for Office XP / Windows XP. Any idea's on this? Hi John, maybe this site could help: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290684/en-us -- Oliver Vukovics Share Outlook without Exchange: Public Sha...

Error can't Find File
Hi, I have a macro that opens a file and pulls any outstanding tasks from the previous day. I have a problem when it is a new month because the previous month's file is called MyFileMarch2010. The macro now looks for MyFileApril2010. How do I capture the error and look for the previous month's file if it is the first business day of the month? Any help or suggestions is appreciated. -- Thank you Dave As ALWAYS, post YOUR code for comments if day(date)=1 then do this else do that end if -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguill...

Upgrade from Windows 2000 to Windows 2003 Killed OWA
I upgraded a Windows 2000 Server machine running Exchange 2003, to Windows Server 2003. Now after authenticating to OWA, "HTTP/1.0 503 Service Unavailable" is displayed in the browser. I seen this (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=305030 ) from another post, but have not tried the items at the bottom yet. In IIS, the VDirs, Exchweb, Exchange, EXadmin, were not using the ExchangeApplicationPool, they were using the default. Plus I had to click the create button next to application on all three. I tried and iisreset after that, but it did not help. I also made sure the se...

Why does Outlook display text in yellow? How can i change it?
When pasting text into an e-mail, it appears in pale yellow. Sometimes, parts of meesages from others are also yellow. How can I prevent this? Are you using stationery by any chance? -- Kathleen Orland "Wise Dog" <Wise Dog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2D2FBAF7-2B2B-4C66-AE33-B2CA5A51B821@microsoft.com... > When pasting text into an e-mail, it appears in pale yellow. Sometimes, > parts of meesages from others are also yellow. How can I prevent this? ...

Can't paste text to a document because of macros
When I open a document in Word 07, and try to copy text to it it, I get a message that macros are disabled and to go to help for instructions. Instructions say to close the doc. and reopen with macros enabled. BUT it doesn't say HOW to do that. And, why is this happening all of a sudden and everytime I open a doc.? If this happens with all documents in Word, it's probably being caused by poorly designed code in an add-in (or in the Normal template). Did you install something recently? -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "leslie7" <leslie7@discus...

windows forms controls
Does a control similar to the the asp.net repeater or datalist exist for winforms? One where I can have a group of controls repeat like in the asp.net repeater. DataGridView doesn't appear to do that. Ralph wrote: > Does a control similar to the the asp.net repeater or datalist exist > for winforms? > One where I can have a group of controls repeat like in the asp.net > repeater. > DataGridView doesn't appear to do that. I don't know much about the ASP.NET controls. But the Windows Forms namespace includes layout controls, such ...

window close on login
The CRM browser window closes automatically on logging in from some machines. Any ideas anyone? Thanks in advance. Turn off the 'Pop-up' blocker functionality on the browser, the default.aspx page redirects to the loader.aspx page using the window.open javascript that the blockers prohibit. "Ram" <ram@nospampleasethanks.com> wrote in message news:035301c37628$8b36ce20$3101280a@phx.gbl... > The CRM browser window closes automatically on logging in > from some machines. Any ideas anyone? Thanks in advance. damn!its the google pop-up blocker ..the default.aspx ...

Using the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility for Office installation
Windows XP Professional, ver 2002, (9.0.6926) SP2 NTFS Office 2000 Professional SP3 Internet Explorer 7.0.5730.11 128 bit cipher strength I'm using Shenan Stanley's cleanup procedures, prepping for install of Windows XP SP3. Confirm answers regarding instructions for using the Windows Installer CleanupUtility to remove Office 2000, Office XP or Office 2003. (1) Right now, I'm running Office 2000 Professional SP3. I know Microsoft article 290301 says the Installer Cleanup Utility it is not going to remove the actual Office program; it is only going to remove ...

Can you offer a solution
I need to use an emailed form that can be populated and then the inf extracted into a particular format on one overall .csv file. Can macro type add in be used for the extraction?Any input as to the bes and easiest method of doing this would. be great. Sorry I am new a this. many thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

OWA can be use and sometimes could not
Hi to proffesionals I have Exchange 2003 on Win 2003 Active Directory Domain. Some users can use OWA sometimes, and other users could not use OWA partly time. Why does this happen? Regards, B.Majidi In news:u2YBFh8NHHA.320@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl, Babak Majidi <b_majidi@yahoo.co.uk> typed: > Hi to proffesionals > I have Exchange 2003 on Win 2003 Active Directory Domain. > Some users can use OWA sometimes, and other users could not use OWA > partly time. > Why does this happen? > > Regards, > B.Majidi It's impossible to say with so little information - you h...

Runtime error 429: Activex Component Can't create object
Dear helpers, Kindly guide me to resolve my vista related problem. I am running .exe file on Vista ultimate but it giving run time error "429: Activex Component Can't create object". The exe file works well on XP. May be it's a scripting error .... kindly advise what to do ro resolve it. Regards, Hina Naz -- Hina Naz ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Hina Naz's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/226902.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-help/1342465.htm http://forums.techarena.i...

can you add a day counter for a colum and row
trying to add a day counter so I can see how long an item has been in stock. It would need to be able to use 1 coloum and each row in that colum. Hi Depends how you have your data set up, but assuming date into stock is column A =IF(A1="","",TODAY()-A1) Format>Cell>Number>General Copy down as required -- Regards Roger Govier "poohgld" <poohgld@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:31454DD6-A5C5-40E3-A0E8-9F3827E73551@microsoft.com... > trying to add a day counter so I can see how long an item has been in > stock. > It wo...

how can I clear an apostrophy in front of number in excel
I know how to change formats - however I have a formatted cell for a 100 + rows that appear to have an apostrophy as a lead. While I don't see it, I am concluding that because changing formats to general or text is not removing the green box in corner and is not allowing me to do a vlookup using this column of info. try copying an unused empty cell. Select your data & edit/paste special, click Values & Add. "KCESS" <KCESS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B7DF4106-9C51-4FEF-9C9A-A4E95BB1FBE8@microsoft.com... > I know how to change formats - h...

how can i copy formula?
hi, please help! my problem was i create a formula that gets the total sum from another workbook. i want to copy the formula and past to another cell but the only thing must change is the name of the workbook. example. i want to paste the formula of A1 to B1 and so on which autoamtically link to another workbook. Workbook1. sheet1 A1=sum of workbook2 B1=sum of workbook3 C1=sum of workbook4 Hi Into A1 enter the formula like ="_=SUM('C:\My Documents\[Workbook" & COLUMN()+1 & ".xls]Sheet1'!A1:A100)" Copy the formula to right. Select all formulas, copy ...

how can i hide my dialog when the dialog initilizes
i want to hide my dialog when the dialog initilizes.i add this line in the function Mydialog::InitDialog() ,ShowWindow(SW_HIDE) but it cause a exceptaion.what should i do thanks I have found a way . Like this: if (m_bFlg) { ShowWindow(SW_HIDE); m_bFlg = false; } add it into OnPaint(). May be there someother way, let's find it. "cyperus" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5FCB642-9078-441A-AF18-53091688E8FA@microsoft.com... > i want to hide my dialog when the dialog initilizes.i add this line in the function Mydialog::InitDialog(...