I have a chart that has blank info in the legend.  I want
to add an * to indicate something, but just inserting a
symbol doesn't work.  Any ideas?  Thanks.
0
anonymous (74722)

Debi -

To add information to the legend, you need to add to a series name.
Right click on the chart, select Source Data from the pop up menu, click
on the series tab, select a series, and either type something in the
name box, or click in it and select a cell with the mouse.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
http://PeltierTech.com/Excel/Charts/
_______

Debi wrote:

> I have a chart that has blank info in the legend.  I want
> to add an * to indicate something, but just inserting a
> symbol doesn't work.  Any ideas?  Thanks.

0
jonNO1 (306)
2/28/2004 3:17:47 AM
You can't type text in the legend, but you could add a text box to the
chart, and add your note there.

To add a text box,
Select the chart
Type your note, e.g.   *no data available for March 2002
    (you'll see the text in the formula bar as you type)
Press the Enter key
The text box will appear near the centre of the chart
Drag the text box to any location within the chart, and
    format it as desired.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List