what happened to[LINK] chart-wrksht,when not same page? (same Wrkb

I have a chart, on separate pg...same Wrkbk.  Selcting a Series - does not
'outline' it's data returning to the Wrksht.
How do you EDIT?

hawk12@peoplepc.com

0
Boswell (3)

Hi,

Simply selecting the series will not change sheet to show you data as
you have discovered. Try using the Source Data dialog, this will allow
you to swap sheets and see and adjust the data used.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
0
andy9699 (3616)

Just one more table to link!!!!!!
-- Kate Hulit Asyma Systems Inc. I can help you but need more details. Can you email me the report at staceyleelee@hotmail.com "Kate Hulit" wrote: > > -- > Kate Hulit > Asyma Systems Inc. If you are trying to link tables to a report and are finding it difficult to create the relationship, you can always use VBA if you are registered for Modifier & VBA to read the data directly from SQL. Just a thought. David Musgrave [MSFT] Senior Development Consultant Escalation Engineer - Great Plains Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific Micorosoft Dynamics (form...

worksheet skipped in page numbering
I have an Excel document with 10 worksheets (tabs). I went to set up footers and my options from the drop down were page 1 for first tab, page 2 for second tab, etc. until I got to the 5th tab and it went back to page 1. Tab 6 gives me dropdown options for page 5 - in short, it is like it skipped a worksheet and will only number that sheet as an indpendent one, and calls it page 1. Any ideas as to why it doesn't recognize a worksheet? -- Zach ...

Re: Windows 7 - Odbc link
"zafer özbek" <awds@microsoft.com>, iletide şunu yazdı news:... > ı am zafer > no english > "Anne" <Anne@discussions.microsoft.com>, iletide şunu yazdı > news:DB6C48AA-DE22-446E-B8E7-82DC5143CA38@microsoft.com... >> Hi >> >> Thanks for responding. I corrected after an update :) >> >> >> "Paul Shapiro" wrote: >> >>> Not sure, but it might work if you right-click the Access shortcut and >>> choose Run as Administrator when you start Access. You might be bette...

Reverse chart column and row order
I'm running Office 2007 and all my charts are showing up in reverse order: I want a bar graph that looks like this: Series 1 -------------------------------->Column 1 Series 1 ------------------------->Column 2 Series 1 ------------------------------------->Column 3 Series 2 -------------------------------------->Column 1 Series 2------------------>Column 2 Series 2-------------------------->Column 3 What I'm getting is: Series 2-------------------------->Column 3 Series 2------------------>Column 2 Series 2---------------------->Column 1 D3M ----------...

Outlook 2010: Unable to open an internet link in a received message
Whenever I try to click a link appearing in an email I get a message saying someting like: "operation aborted due to limitations defined for this computer. Contact your systems manager (it's in Norwegian so I have to translate to the best of my ability. My OS is Windows7. I use Norton Internet security, latest edition. Can anyone tell me how to control this? Jan Erik, Oslo, Norway "Jan Erik" <jefrithj@online.no> skrev i meddelelsen news:1fit56d2ruccndr7pmneqrlm32qohghgnr@4ax.com... > Whenever I try to click a link appearing in an email I get a message > sa...

Text box disappears on chart
I added a text box to a chart and when I click off of it, the text box disappears (goes behind the chart). I have tried Bring to Front and Bring Forward, and it may or may not stay visible and print. I have clicked on the frame of the text box (it changes pattern) and tried Bring to Front - same problem. Any ideas? Carole O The text box is on the worksheet, not the chart. To fix the problem, Select the text box, and choose Edit>Cut Select the chart (you'll see handles on its corners and sides) Choose Edit>Paste, to paste the text box onto the chart. Click away from the char...

Money Bug 03/04: Stock Changes it's name but Maoney wont let that happen.
I have seen this in Money 2003 and now 2004. A company, such as DELL changes it's name but not is it symbol. When I download transactions Money asks if the new name is the same investment as the old name (obviously it is as they have the same symbol). I say yes it is the same. Money asks "Are You Sure Dell Computers is the same as Dell Inc". Regardless of how I answer this confirm It asks the first question again, and again and again and again until I admit that Dell Inc is NOT Dell Computer. Only then can I continue the reconcile. Every time I upgrade I wish I did not. I...

Chart numbers from multiple sheets
Is Excel 2002 capable of creating a chart based on numbers from multiple sheets in a workbook? Addressed in your other thread. Regards, Leni -- LeninVM ----------------------------------------------------------------------- LeninVMS's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=668 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=31954 ...

Break Links command

Bubble Charts Colours go wrong
Hi, I have some bubble charts which are maintained by a VB script i wrote. The script sets up a data series based on a table with custom labels, sizes and colours for each bubble. I've now come across a problem that despite my macro setting the colour of the bubbles correctly and even the sample colour box in >format data series> patterns showing the colour i want, the bubble does not. please help! Darren. You don't show the code. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services - Tutorials and Custom Solutions - http://PeltierTech.com/ 2006 E...

Error 3845 Linking
The code below generates error 3845 as I am using an Access 2003 .MDB file and the new table gets created in 2007 format. How can I create the table in 2003 format? I attempted to convert the database to 2007 format but received multiple errors when using the interface and importing all objects into a new database. With CurrentDb Set tdf = .CreateTableDef(strTBName(i)) tdf.SourceTableName = strTBName(i) tdf.Connect = ";DATABASE=" & ls_import_filename .TableDefs.Append tdf 'ERROR .Close ...

hyperlink list in excel that stays put when it jumps to linked cel
I am trying to use internal hyperlinks in a huge sheet but want the hyperlinks to remain in view - and just for good measure, it has to open with the links visible on other machines. Any suggestions would be much appreciated, TIA ...

How to chart monthly sales for successive years
I want to show monthly figures with a line chart, with the second year coming after the first, the third year after the second, etc. I don't want the years to bunch up, ie 3 years-worth of bars for Jan, Feb, etc. I want Jan-Dec 2006, then Jan-Dec 2007, and so forth. Thanks for your help! Create a table with the dates across the top e.g. Jan-07, Feb-07, etc, then have the monthly sales figures below the dates. Select the dates and the sales numbers and click on insert chart. You can see an example of this at www.tejniya.co.uk, click on documents and goto Excel. MVK "wolf...

http page not found
hi, when i try to open any of the crm folders in my outlook i recive the HTTP 404 pag is not found. can somebody help me? hi again, yes i can ping my CRM server and yes if on the server open browser en type local host i see the crm web site. i have this problem when i try to open any of the crm folders from outlook en i see this error that http 404 page can not be find. any help would be really welcom. thanx "shahin" wrote: > hi, > > when i try to open any of the crm folders in my outlook i > recive the HTTP 404 pag is not found. > > can somebody help ...

Change margin on one page not all
I am trying to insert a powerpoint 2007 created project into Word 2007, but the margins crop some of them off. When I try to change the margins on one page it changes them all. Can anyone offer advise on what to do. I only want to change the margins on the one page. You will need to have a separate section to accomplish what you wish, see http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/workwithsectionscontent.htm for further information. Hope this helps DeanH "firefiten" wrote: > I am trying to insert a powerpoint 2007 created project into Word 2007, but >...

Page Numbering for TextBoxes and Continued on/from
Hello All, I have a template that is a 24" X 11" page with three textboxes of 7.5"W X 11". Basically, I am placing Word docs on this template, with each textbox representing a page. My problem is that I can't find any way to automatically page number the textboxes or make use of the Continued from/on option that will reference the hitherto non-existent textbox page numbers. Any tips out there? Thanks in advance for the assistance. ...

Unevenly spaced x axis on chart
Hi Trying to make a chart where the x axis is number-of-days from a start-date, and y axis is a value measured on the particular date. For example, the columns may be: Date Days from Start Measurement 02/12/09 1 120 06/12/09 5 134 09/12/09 8 118 18/12/09 17 109 etc. I want a line chart showing the measurement vs days which I can do - BUT... I would like the x axis (days from start) to be spaced according to the number of days, which as you can see from the above are not evenly spaced. In other words, if there have been several days between measurements, I...

Removing gris effect in a chart
Hello all! I created a contour chart in Excel 2007. But there is a grid effect on the chart. Is it possible to remove it, and how? Thanks a lot! Hi, Select the legend and then select a legend entry. CTRL+1 to display the format dialog. The dialog should show Format Band in its title. Select Border colour and set it to No Line. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Olivier" <Olivier@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8942BA16-4F43-4983-8057-0FECA1FC1711@microsoft.com... > Hello all! > > I created a contour ch...

created chart will not display
I tried to create a 3D pie chart within a spreadsheet. After highlighting the data that I wanted in the chart , the only thing that shows up is the chart title. The pie chart itself is no where to be found. Please advise Thanks,Belinda That probably means that Excel thinks your data are not numeric. If the values you are plotting are in, say, B2:B5, in some empty column, say C, starting with C2, enter =ISNUMBER(B2) and copy down to C3:C5. What do you get? -- Tushar Mehta http://www.tushar-mehta.com Custom business solutions leveraging a multi-disciplinary approach In Excel 2007 d...

How to stop automatic links
Whenever I type text into outlook that includes an @ symbol, Outlook turns it into a link. That is extremely annoying - how do I turn it off? For example, if I want to talk about the name attribute of a book element, I write "book@name", so outlook underlines it and turns it blue as if it thinks it's an e-mail address. It isn't and I can't stop Outlook from doing its thing unless I go to plan text e-mail. -- Rob Version? Try tools, options, spelling, autocorrect settings, autoformat tab. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Ou...

Links between cells
I have cells linked within my workbook so that I change a source tab and automatically update other tabs. The text updates fine. The color of target won't change when I update the source color. Any suggestions. Hi not possible in Excel. Even with VBA event macros not feasible -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "lsm" <lsm@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:D0940D5D-A044-4B50-945F-B5F749D0DAC7@microsoft.com... > I have cells linked within my workbook so that I change a source tab and > automatically update other tabs. The text updates...

Linking Question #3
I have several books that are all in the same folder (master templates) I'd like to link them with out recording the "full path", that way I can copy the files to "project" folders and use them. But I don't want them pointing back to the files in the master template folder. Can I declare some kind of variable %HERE% so that the linked files always searches the folder where the current file is located? Thanks for any suggestions. xjvs xjvs, Once way to do it that always works is to open the several files from the master folder, then save each file into the p...

Charts for Social Work
Need help in creating 2 charts. Not sure if it�s possible in Excel. Hopefully I�ll give enough details. Chart #1 Y-axis: Range is 35 to 5, where the 35 is a minimum value at the botto of the chart. X-axis: There are actually three categories, but it is not a Bar Chart per se. Category Names(should appear at the top of the chart, not as an axi label): Baseline, Intervention, and Follow-up (The X-axis should hav gaps, so each category is separated; there actually should be no axi label) The Y-axis represents a score between 5 and 35. The score for th Baseline is 22 and is supposed to be re...

Excel should allow chart axes to be set from sheet data.
I often chart account balances where I have x axis of dates and y axis of monetary amounts. It would be helpful if there was a facility to allow the x axis minimum and maximum to be set to some value as calculated from the data itself (or even calculated using a formula). I like to keep a "rolling" picture of the last three months (so, today()-90 to today()) and the next three months (today() to today() + 90) (on two separate charts). I have to manually update the x axis's minimum and maximum each day. you can set up formulas in cells to calculated your desired max/mins a...

Cannot change criteria on copied chart without changing original c
I have a chart that I created from a pivot table. Instead of creating 40 plus charts individually, I tried to copy the original chart and change the location for each chart. When I change the facility location for one chart it changes all others. How can I get around this? Steve You'll need to make independent pivot tables for each chart. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services 774-275-0064 208-485-0691 fax jon@peltiertech.com http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07FF39D...