Want to create a separate PDF file for each of multiple charts

I create charts from excel data and want to save each chart in a separate PDF
file or to separate files using "print to file".  Presently they all print to
a printer.
0
Jer1 (17)

Sorry I had a syntax error in my directory string.  F.Y.I.  this works:
   Sheets("Graph_Temp").Select
    myStr = "O:\Groups\2BTRASH\Goven\GroundWater\" & myWellID & ".PRN"
    ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut PrintToFile:="True",
PrToFileName:=myStr
--
Jer

"Jer" wrote:

> I create charts from excel data and want to save each chart in a separate PDF
> file or to separate files using "print to file".  Presently they all print to
> a printer.
0
Jer1 (17)

Write Hex to Output File in MFC
Hi All: I need to generate a file using MFC which is Unicoded. In other words, I need to have a file that has '16-bit hex coding' showing in the file when I open it thru notepad Problem: Even though I store the string in 16-bit format, when I write it into the file, it still displays it as ascii. I need to see '16-bit Hex' instead of the ascii. I am using the following code. The output in the file is "hello". Instead, I want to see "0x0048 0x0065 0x006C 0x006C 0x006F". I am using the following code. wchar_t rashid2[] =_T(L"Hello"); HAND...

problem with ActiveSheet.QueryTables.Add for text file
I am using ActiveSheet.QueryTables.Add in Excel 2003 to import space-delimited text into a worksheet. The import works, but when I re-execute the macro with ActiveSheet.QueryTables.Add to import new data into the same sheet, all references to that sheet get shifted (i.e., what was a reference to cell B1 of the sheet with the imported data becomes a reference to cell C1. I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks ...

How to sort multiple sheets (which have same format) at one time?
I have a workbook with multiple sheets which have the same format. I need to sort all in the same manner. How can this be done. I noticed that the sort function is not available when selecting/grouping multiple sheets. I'm going to take you at your word and make a few assumptions. Taking you at your word: ALL sheets in the workbook need to be sorted. Assumptions: only 1 column is used to determine the sort order, and the sort is to be in ascending order. The following code will do that, and allows you to define which columns are included in the sort, and which column ...

Missing file
I'm getting an error message telling me I'm missing C:\Windows\system 32\mshtml.hlp. How can I get a copy of the file? The message appears whenever I try to save a picture from a newsgroup. Jeff -- "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." Richard Feynman Nobel Prize Physicist IE version? Jeff Stanton wrote: > I'm getting an error message telling me I'm missing C:\Windows\system > 32\mshtml.hlp. How can I get a copy of the file? The message appears > whenever I try to save a picture from a newsgrou...

Excel 2002 Create Workbook (merge/reformat)?
I have 12 seperate spreadsheets I want to combine into 1 workbook (12 tabs). Any other alternative ways to do this other than copy and paste? Need to reformat "most" of the worksheets, I assume this can be done if all 12 tabs are selected. I may have to do this several times otherwise I would just copy and paste. Each spreadsheet has an average of 3k-4k transactions. You can open the workbook, ctrl-click on the worksheet tab and drag that worksheet into another workbook. (Then close that "sending" workbook and open the next...) ~Dave~ wrote: > > I have 1...

Excel file takes a long time to save
I have a 1,000 x 15 straight worksheet with no formulas - about 100K. I went to auto-format a pattern, but didn't select the area and if formatted the entire spreadsheet. It's since gone from 5 seconds to 60 seconds per save and I can't reverse this, even by changing the auto-format setting to "none." I'm backed-up, but the current version is about three hours ahead and it will take longer to retrace the work by hand. Any suggestions? Thanks, Ben Try resetting the last used cell. Debra Dalgleish has some techniques at: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Un...

Autocomplete File Editor for NK2 file
Whew, At first I started writing to each person with a problem about this utility that I found to open and edit the NK2 file. I didn't know there would be so many so I thought I'd post this. The utility is called Owtlook File Editor It can be found at www.dcs-imaging.com/products.htm Good luck ...

How keep chart-datapoints displayed when column-width is set to zero
Hello there, my data basis for a chart has one column, that I don't want to be shown in the spreadsheet. However, when I set this column's width to zero, the correspondig data dissapear from the chart. How can I have both, a hidden column and its values shown in the chart at the same time ? Kind regards, H.G. Lamy H.G. - Select the chart, then select Options from the Tools menu, click on the Chart tab, and UNcheck the Plot Visible Cells Only checkbox. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/index.html _______ hglamy wrote: &...

Create a Line Chart
I am having great difficulty trying to create a line chart in Access 2007. I have a report with the following fields: Staff_Component 1QTR 2QTR 3QTR 4QTR Operations 10 28 45 33 Can someone please explain to me how I can create a line chart? Thanks and Happy Holidays! *Glen* The report fields don't mean anything. You can generally add a chart control to your report and use the wizard to set up your chart properties. I expect you will need to update the Row Source property since the wizard often clobbers it. T...

Charting software: what does The Economist use?
Any clue of what software the people at The Economist uses to create charts? I=92m wondering whether there is some software out there better than MS Excel that would give better control without the onerous workarounds. You can do pretty well with Excel, and the "onerous" workarounds aren't too bad once you've become familiar with them. They are generally a bit more onerous in 2007. http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/2008/05/30/magazine-quality-chart-economist/ - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - ...

Layering Chart Types
I would like to layer a line graph on a second y axis on top of a "stacked column" graph with 3 data series in it. Anyone know how to do this? Create a stacked column chart with all 4 series in it. Then, select the series you want to become a line. Go to Chart, Chart type, and pick a line series. Then, again selecting the same series, right-click, format, axis, move to secondary axis -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!* "Jeff" wrote: > I would like to layer a line graph on a second y axis on top of a "stacke...

Creating a query out of another query
Hi Guys, I have a query looking like that: field1 field2 field3 field4 field5 field6 Data 1 Test 6 Poly 8 Data 5 Poly 10 I need a query from this query like this: Field 1 Field 2 Data 1 Test 6 Poly 8 Data 5 Poly 10 I'll really appreciate if someone can help me with this one Thanks This should do it -- SELECT Field1 AS Field_1, Field2 AS Field_2 FROM YourTable WHERE Field1 ...

How to create a rule which triggers when a condition is NOT met?
.... for instance, in OLExpress and Pegasus one can create a rule with the symbol "@" in the conditions and request the rule to "move to the Junk email folder" all mail which do NOT meet the condition. I can't seem to find this facility anywhere in MS Outlook. Thanks for your help in advance and apologies if this question has already been asked and answered elsewhere (if it *has* I would be grateful for the link). Regards, russel You can achieve this by creating a rule which works on all mail (by not having any selection criteria) then use "except" th...

How do I create a 46 page member directory?
I was wondering if publisher can create a membership directory that would be 46 pages in length? The front of the handbook would be the names/adresses and so forth and the back part would be images of each businesses business card. Is publisher the right software for this? I was volunteered for this job, so any help would be most helpful! Thanks, Bryan I'd use Publisher if I was doing that job. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Bryan" <Bryan @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D94BC8CE-1B55-443E-9925-65AC606F5A52@microsoft.com... >I wa...

Error message creating install package
I am trying create an install package but allways I get error message after pressing OK at the final phase. The message is: "The destination install subfolder name cannot contain any of the following characters: /:*?"<>|+,;=[]" My subfolder's name is Family. Why this message? -- Have a Nice Day! ...

Excell2003 (SP-1) File > Save and File > Save As.. grayed out
Got a user who has Excell2003 and cannot File > Save or File > Save As... He can, however, ctrl-s to save spreadsheets. Any ideas? I"m clueless. JM ...

Pivot Charts Display Filter Box
I would like to have the filter box displayed on my pivot chart. My 2003 pivot charts no longer display the drop down box, how do I get it back? ...

Microsoft File Password Recovery
Hi All A friend and I at work have a file that we cannot open because it was password protected and we can't remember the password. Is someone able to recommend some free file open password breaker software? Otherwise, could I send the file to someone to open the file? For clarity, it is not within the excel worksheet or workbook, it is a password to open the excel file! With thanks Nick well if it was a workbook/sheet password, i'd say www.straxx.com as it' a free password add-in, very effective too. but if it's not one o those passwords, what is it? external? v...

How do I Insert 2C Mac EPS file into Publisher ?
In commercial printing we get a lot of logo's and other art that is created as a Mac EPS and I cannot seem to insert it into Publisher. What are the correct steps for doing this and for it to display. According to Pub 2003, you need a graphics filter to insert .eps files. The following is copied directly from the Help file: The Encapsulated PostScript (EPS) graphics filter (Epsimp32.flt) supports the Adobe Systems Encapsulated PostScript Specification versions 3.0 and earlier. The filter supports .eps images from Tagged Image File Format (.tif, .tiff) (Tagged Image File Format (TIF...

Multiple database files created
I have an Access 2007 database that resides on our company's server. The database tracks incoming and outgoing shipments and is used by several employees throughout the day. I've noticed that in the folder where the database resides several additional database files are created throughout the day with names like database.mdb, database1.mdb, database2.mdb, etc. Can anyone tell me why this is happening? The database was created with Access 2007 using the 2003 mdb file format, as most of the end users have Office 2003 applications. Ken Warthen kenwarthen@gmail.com 1. Turn off...

charting a single bar graph on one line showing continuous info
I must do a time graph showing total workhours with tick marks showing begin and end of tours on a dialy basis. I cannot get the custom or standard chart graph functions to do this without putting in all of the data. I just want the begin tour and end tour of each person. can you help. thx debi ...

Public Folder File sizes
Hi We have a system whereby files from our students are routed to a public folder, so that everyone in the office can see them. However some of our more unenlightened students seem to be trying to send in emails with 9Mb attachments. (AGHHHH) The odd thing is that if they send them to a persobal mailbox, they seem to get thropugh, but if theu send them to a public folder, Exchange cant handle them, or at least we can see them being received, but then they are not delivered to the public folder. Is there something i need to do to get round this please? Thanks A Do you have Maximu...

save only filtered results to csv/txt file
Excel 2000, Win98SE. I need to filter an xls file and then save only what is shown to a csv/txt file. The master xls file has new data added in a single import each day. Then I will have to filter the file 2 or 3 ways and save the filtered results to seperate csv/txt files, so I need to streamline the process. Also is there a means, comparable to scenarios, that I can use to set up different filtering combinations and then easily switch between them? Suggestions welcome. Thanks. -- Igor Igor You should be able to copy and paste the data to a new workbook and save that. Alternative...

Multi-User Excel File on a Network Drive
How can I make an Excel file accessible to multiple users concurrently? With all able to make and save changes to the same file. Thanks, Mike "Mike" wrote > How can I make an Excel file accessible to multiple > users concurrently? With all able to make and save > changes to the same file. Tools / Share Workbook Jordon ...

Multiplication error #2
I noticed that Excel 2003 calculates: 7.5*1.2=8.7 when the correct answer is 9.0. It did this as part of a formula where the 1.2 answer came from calculating another set of numbers. When I asked Excel to calculate this answer by simply inputting those two numbers the correct answer of 9.0 came out. Does anyone have an answer as to why it does that?! Hmmm.... 8.7. Well, 7.5+1.2=8.7. Are you sure there's not a plus sign in there? ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "DeeJay" <DeeJay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:72EA8922-F5BA-486...