want a,j&s to =1 when i type a letter in a box

I would like to make a chart when i type a letter in a box  like A,J,S would
= 1 and BK&t would = 2 and so on

If you provide more information, someone may be able to help you.

Is the box on a UserForm, or on a worksheet?
One box, or several?
What kind of chart do you want to make?

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

Why do sheet tabs keep disappearing? Box in Tools is checked.
When I open a new or existing Excel file, the sheet tabs at the bottom may or may not show up. I have repeatedly gone to Tools, Options, View and made sure the sheet tabs box is checked, but still no tabs. How do I get them back? I can't get from one page of a workbook to another. This is in Offfice 2003. Hi Arlie, Try Tools/Options/General In the Sheets in new workbook box, check and see how many sheets are set to appear when opening a new workbook. Larry -- keithl816 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ keithl816's Profile: http://w...

Event 9646
E2K3 SP1; Mixed Mode I received a few of these in my Application Log on the E2K3 server, but I cannot find any information regarding them: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeIS Event Category: General Event ID: 9646 Date: 1/11/2005 Time: 10:30:51 AM User: N/A Computer: MXMA2 Description: Mapi session "/o=Org/ou=Site/cn=Recipients/cn=RMonti" exceeded the maximum of 32 objects of type "session". The MS KB Article http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;830836&sd=ee has the same Event ID, but does not reference the object of type "session&...

Letter Writing Assistant won't recognized MS Word IS installed
When I go to Reports/Letter Writing Assistant, I get an error message that "Microsoft Word must be installed on the machine to use the Letter Writing Assistant". I running XP on a networked client notebook with full Office 2003 installed (SP2) and I'm using GP 9.0 Has anyone else had this problem? Got a solution? I faced this before when i installed Great Plains first and then followed by Office. If your case is same as above, then you need to uninstalle the client version first then i reinstalled office followed by Great Plains Again. I suggest in your case try to rei...

how can I convert a emf logo into a corel draw type logo
I need to get a logo into a 'mac standard' format and only have it in jpeg, wmf etc. How do I do this so I can use it in quark etc? FlashmanLeo <FlashmanLeo@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I need to get a logo into a 'mac standard' format and only have it in > jpeg, wmf etc. How do I do this so I can use it in quark etc? What version of Publisher are you using? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher According to Corel, the Mac version can read .emf files. I have Corel, maybe I can convert it for you to a MAC friendly format...

I want to send autom fax using a distribution list
I live in USA. I create a distribution list with 125 fax numbers in Honduras. All the fax numbers are +011 (504) number, but the fax in Windows XP don't recognize that list. What can I do? You can start by not multiposting. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "JLG" <JLG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ED7BFC16-71A5-4800-A36C-000E85163913@microsoft.com... >I live in USA. I create a distribution list with 125 fax numbers in >Honduras. > All the fax numbers are +011 (504) number, but the fax in Windows XP don't > recognize that list. What can...

I want to add new Tab for all the entity even for custom entity
Hi, I have requirement to add new Tab for all the entity even for custom Entity. In EntityName > Details > Information there are 4 tabs - General, Details, Administration, Notes. How do I add another tab over there? Regards, Chittu Hi, You need to open each entity’s form and then add new tab. There is no one step to get it effected on all entities. Settings -> Customization -> Customize entity -> Account -> forms and Views -> Account Form -> Add Tab -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post is helpful or not for our feedback. uMar Khan :: CRM Freel...

Stopping Automatic Message Box
I am using some Combo Boxes and in a number of them I am using the NotInList property to bring up a customised message box. This works fine but my message box is followed by another automatic one giving the standard error message. How can I prevent this second message box from appearing? I am sure that I am probably overlooking the obvious. Here is an example of the code: Private Sub cboMRproductType_NotInList(NewData As String, Response As Integer) MsgBox ("Selection not recognised, you must select an item from the list. To abandon the record click Cancel.") End...

Resource Units
I want to be able to have a resource, say 'electrician', with 5 available for the day shift and 2 available for the night shift. This would allow e to just assign the 'electrician' resource and have project level based on unit availability. If I setup 'electrician Day' and 'electrician Night', then I need to carefully select which to use and if the schedule shifts it is a nightmare. Any thought on how to do this? Thank-you! On Jan 6, 10:43=A0pm, John K <John K...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I want to be able to have a resou...

Where's the Transactions?
I recently closed my checking account on Money 2003. I wanted to start over fresh in 2005. So when I closed the old account I renamed it with the same basic name but added 2004. When I go to my credit union to download transactions into the new account in Money I never can see there transactions. They keep getting directed to the old closed account. Is there a name association I'm missing? Bill In microsoft.public.money, Bill Crews wrote: >I recently closed my checking account on Money 2003. I wanted to start over >fresh in 2005. >So when I closed the old account I renamed...

HTML Email templates in MS CRM 1.2
Dear all, In MS CRM version 1.0 there was the possibility to include HTML in an email template. When you would include some table, link or image html tags in the email they would be converted and diplayed as html. Our problem is that version 1.2 doesn't seem to support this any longer. Is this true or is there another way to do this. If it is remover, why has that been done. Regards, Edwin Jongsma, Accenture ------=_NextPart_0001_0993C774 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, Yes this is a removal in v 1.2 to disallow scripting via the editor. Thanks, Priya J...

msg template. Text sent not what typed!
Hi I have had the strangest issue with Outlook. I sometimes use msg files to send emails to colleagues. Normally I have a template set up and I may change the to, cc, subject and body of the email slightly to reflect the topic of the email. However the bulk of the email remains the same. The other day I was sending an email and had amended the template (not saved as need to use the template again), and sent it out. Whilst the to,cc and subject fields were correct the text i had entered in the body of the email had gone and other text had been entered and my signature had dissappea...

Access Denied when connecting to CRM 1.0
Hi, When accessing the MS CRM 1.0 Server I am always receiving the 401.3 error, access denied/unauthorised to access this resource etc... I am a domain user on a computer connected to the domain (SBS2003 with CRM running on a Win2K Server). IIS 5 is configured for Windows Authentication only and the web page is prompting for a username and password but failing for my domain user account however it succeeds for the domain administrator account. I have an MSDN edition of CRM and have licensed it successfully using the MSDN Subscriber Organisation etc. I am registered in the CRM as a user with ...

Solved! (This time for sure!
Wait... Bullwinkle? Boris? Hmmm.... Boris, I owe you. I never in a million years would have guessed it was the icon, but that's exactly what it was. I just got an e-mail from the client. The system now works 100%. If by chance you are on facebook, please add me as a friend, or just send me an e-mail sometime - discgolfdad@cox.net And say "Hi!" to Natasha for me! I don't know Bullwinkle, and Boris is not my real name, but I'm glad it works now! Cheers!! On Sat, 17 Apr 2010 14:06:40 +0200, Boris Pauljev <nordiccoder@hotmail.com> wrote...

Digits in textbox's
Hi all just wondering how I can get someone only to type number in a certain textbox? Thanks in advance Greg Is this a TextBox on a UserForm? Somewhat crude, but try the following: Private Sub TextBox1_Change() If Not IsNumeric(TextBox1.Text) Then _ SendKeys "{BACKSPACE}" End Sub -- Vasant "Greg B" <laptopgb@ihug.com.au> wrote in message news:dff3gt$uti$1@lust.ihug.co.nz... > Hi all just wondering how I can get someone only to type number in a > certain > textbox? > > Thanks in advance > > Greg > > Thank you for ...

Max. no. of characters in a message box line is less in Vista when compared with XP
Hi, I have noticed in Vista, the maximum no. of characters which could be displayed in a messagebox line is 85 characters where in XP it was 131 characters. Following is a summary when compared this with OSes, OS - Max. no. of characters per messagebox line. XP - 131 Vista, Windows 7 - 85 Windows2008 Server x32 and x64 - 81 Following is a code in VB to run in Vista simulate the problem which spans into 3 lines, where it was expected in 2 lines. MsgBox ("**Maximum number of characters per messagebox line in Windows Vista is 85 characters.**"+CHR(13)+CHR(10)+"...

Missing message body's
I have an enterprise exchangeaccount with the error that there are no message body's in a few mails which are marked as unread. These emails have been moved bij a rule to a subfolder and now it's impossible to download the full content. Other mail is not affected. I've tried to mark for downloading etc. but nothing works. Any help on how to retrieve these emails from the Exch2003 server? ...

I want to allow mail forwarding for another domain
I have a user setup in AD with mail forwarding to an external contact/email. Only the users added to the "Accept messages from" are able to send mail using my smtp connector, so when an internal user sends mail, it forwards properly. When an external domain sends mail to this user, it does not forward. I cannot add a @domain.com to the list of Accept messages from. I tried adding the domain to the recipient policy but it doesn't work. Any help appreciated. Gruen What you're observing is by design because external mail isn't authenticated. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Excha...

Check box setup
I am brand new to Excel 2007, and want 1 column to have a checkbox for a yes/no option. How in the hell do I do this. I know how to do this in Access, but not Excel. Thanks ...

Linking a Combo box to variable SQL query in subform
I am in the process of creating a relatively small D'Base that will monitor employee competency. There are several tables and relationships within this, but I don't consider this to be a big project (although my first post-graduation in the real world). I have configured the records to be spread over two tables. One is the tbl_ReviewHearder (containing employee info', review date), the second, tbl_ReviewContent contains the competency information. This is based on a 1-many relationship (1 header, lots of content) I have written VB to filter the combo boxes, but I am having ...

problems with eps file type
Hello I am attempting to create my business card in Publisher. My logo's are eps files. Publsiher would not show the logo image (I guess the logo image did not have a tiff preview file embedded). I would like to upload my finished business card as an eps file type. The online printers do not accept ps file type. Can I simply change the ps extension to eps? If Publisher does not work well with eps file types (which appear to be an industry standard) then what other program should I consider using? I am baffled at how difficult this effort has been - My guess is that eps is perhaps...

Want to Change the eConnnect Domain
hi, i want to change the eConnect Domain,so i want to know what are the changes i have to make in that case. Regards, Nilotpal Chouhury I would recommend viewing the anwer below from Keith at Microsoft. It was an excellent post on how to set up MSDTC for econnect. Of course, this assumes you are talking about your domain user. If not, please elaborate as to what you mean by changing the eConnect Domain. http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.greatplains&mid=f0f43d96-03ec-423d-9e5f-3f5aba574fe2 -- Lorren Consulting Technology Lead ...

Pickuplist type values from db
Hi, I created a custom field of type Pickuplist using Schema Manager, publish it and add it in an Account record type form. Question: How can I make its values loaded from another table (custom table in SQL Server database) instead of using the Values tab in the Form customization manually? Is it possible to load the values for this custom field dynamically? Please help. the sdk exposes classes to modify customizations...it may be possible to load values into picklists from a datasource using these classes...take a dig through the sdk -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www....

flaw in Excel's filter command for negative numbers
When I filter to show all values less than a negative number, screwball results happen. I can't believe this problem exists to this day. Is there a workaround? What is a screwball result? If some of the negative values are text they won't be included since text is always greater than any number -- No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup. Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Easydoesit" <davehumphrey2@home.com> wrote in message news:efxVAoiTEHA.2908@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > When I filter to show all values less than a ne...

content type
Hi,at the time of the installation of the customer Microsoft CRM 3.0 for outlook a warning is posted: error of connection to the server Microsoft CRM (lient found response content type of 'text/html; charset=utf-8', but expected 'text/xml'.) in spite of when I connect by IE with URL (http://crm:5555/loader.aspx). Thanck you. Hi, Please use the url "http://crm:5555" when installing CRM for Outlook. Best regards, Merijn van Mourik http://crmerijn.blogspot.com "ahmed" wrote: > Hi,at the time of the installation of the customer Microsoft CRM 3.0 fo...

How do I count check boxes?
I have a simple database with a check box, set as a Yes/No field. I need to count the number of checked boxes in my report. I have tried a few different things, but nothing worked. If someone could help me with this, I would be most appreciative. Thank you. On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 15:39:01 -0700, springschick wrote: > I have a simple database with a check box, set as a Yes/No field. I need to > count the number of checked boxes in my report. I have tried a few different > things, but nothing worked. If someone could help me with this, I would be > most appreciative. Thank you. ...