View -> Sized With Window (for Excel charts): I want it back, plea

While I appreciate that not every function survives from one version to the
next, this is one I sorely miss !
I use Excel 2003 at work, and 2007 at home.  I can stand the constant
bleating about compatability. I can even (barely) tolerate the highlight
colors not matching.

But this? Why oh why was it removed?

Can you at least recommend a macro / VBA script patch to reurn this
functionality to the program ?

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=0568a934-33a6-4bba-96f5-0ab518fe5778&dg=microsoft.public.excel.charting
0
Alan6824 (103)

This strange design decision is not just an inconvenience. It has broken a
number of chart-event-based solutions I've developed in recent years. I've
had to advise some clients not to upgrade to Excel 2007 specifically on this
basis. I've advised others not to upgrade until they've carefully checked
how all of their important projects work in 2007, and to evaluate how their
efficiency changes when using 2007.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Alan" <Alan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> While I appreciate that not every function survives from one version to
> the
> next, this is one I sorely miss !
> I use Excel 2003 at work, and 2007 at home.  I can stand the constant
> bleating about compatability. I can even (barely) tolerate the highlight
> colors not matching.
>
> But this? Why oh why was it removed?
>
> Can you at least recommend a macro / VBA script patch to reurn this
> functionality to the program ?
>
> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=0568a934-33a6-4bba-96f5-0ab518fe5778&dg=microsoft.public.excel.charting

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

New to excel

Looking for Excel Help

Maximum file sizes

"View Image Slide Show"

File size #11

Excel button problem

Excel 97 #9

learning Excel #3

how do i increase font size beyond 72
highlighting figure in font size box and trying to put larger number in myself does not do it. is there another way? thanks High-light the number, type your number, hit return. It that doesn't work for you, on the toolbar, format, font. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "Polly Vincent" <Polly Vincent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9BDAEB5E-C30C-4721-BB51-F89C1B4332E2@microsoft.com... > highlighting figure in font ...

q Emailing Excel Sheet With Outlook

Viewing group calendars in CRM

SBS 2003 RWW & Windows 7 64 bit

Excel VBA

Test for Windows Classic folders in XP?

Any way to open an excel file directly to a worksheet?
I am building an application with an icon that launches an excel file when clicked. Is there any way I can open the file directly to a specified worksheet? The names of the worksheet are fixed and so is the file, so I am guessing adding some parameter after the filename should do the trick. Any help will be appreciated. Regards Sid -- skiddyrow ------------------------------------------------------------------------ skiddyrow's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=23965 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=386335 Hey...