Vertical page numbers in a graph

I need to add vertical page numbers under page setup when
printing a graph.  Has anyone done this before?  I
definitely want it out of the graph area.

Thanks -

0
anonymous (74722)

I don't understand the problem -- and I suspect a similar reason has
stopped others from responding.  If you set up a page number in the
page header, it is not part of the chart area.

In addition, after setting up the page information in the header,
switch to Print Preview mode and click the margins... button.  XL has a
neat graphical way of adjusting various page borders/margins.

--
Regards,

Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article <055701c3c427$3683c5c0$a101280a@phx.gbl>,
anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> I need to add vertical page numbers under page setup when
> printing a graph.  Has anyone done this before?  I
> definitely want it out of the graph area.
>
> Thanks -

How do I limit the number of emails that are pulled into outlook?
Help - Outlook wants to pull all all of my email (1200) that are saved on the server. How do I only receive todays mail and not everything that is saved on the Yahoo server? You'd have to have Outlook retrieve only headers then choose the items you want, as far as I know "Doug" <Doug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D930556B-4815-42B3-AEEA-75DE92D29F14@microsoft.com... > Help - Outlook wants to pull all all of my email (1200) that are saved on > the server. How do I only receive todays mail and not everything that is > saved on the Yahoo ser...

Locking A Sheet Using Words & Numbers
Before I got Office 2007 I was able to lock a spreadsheet using a word combined with numbers, i.e., locksheet123. Now I can't lock it using that formula I can only lock it using words, i.e., locksheet. If I try to put in the full words & numbers it allows me to do it in the first window, but when it asks for verification, in the second window, it tells me there's an error and I can't do it. -- Thanks, Mumsy This is a silly guess... I'm gonna guess that you made a typo -- either in the letters or numbers -- or even hit caps lock. I'd try it again ...

Merging GP Vendor Numbers
We have a situation with a vendor that has two vendor numbers. Both of his vendor numbers have history attached. Is there a way to merge the two numbers into one? Yes there is. You can use the Professional Services Tools Library to do so, specifically the Vendor Combiner tool, however, this may require you to register the tool or work with your partner to do so. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "BFogle" wrote: > We have a situation with a vendor that has two vendor numbers. Both of his ...

Text to Number format
I have copied a column of numbers to excel and now cannot apply any formulas because the numbers are text. How can I convert the text to numbers? Thanks. -- Janet In an un-used cell enter 1 (as a true number). Copy this cell and paste/special/multiply onto the cells you would like to convert. -- Gary''s Student - gsnu201001 "Janet" wrote: > I have copied a column of numbers to excel and now cannot apply any formulas > because the numbers are text. How can I convert the text to numbers? > Thanks. > -- > Janet perfect timing, I jus...

IE8 welcome page
The IE8 welcome page comes up each time I start IE8, and I can't see a "do not display this again" tick box. How do I stop this? --=20 Robin=20 (BrE) Herts, England=20 Try my FixIE Tool. Download it here http://www.ms-mvp.org/ -- The Real Truth http://pcbutts1-therealtruth.blogspot.com/ *WARNING* Do NOT follow any advice given by the people listed below. They do NOT have the expertise or knowledge to fix your issue. Do not waste your time. David H Lipman, Malke, PA Bear, Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Leythos. "Robin Bignall" <docrobin@ntlwor...

Disabling Page Setup?
Hi, I'm fairly new to Excel and was wondering how one might be able t Disable the Page Setup menu in Excel? Any suggestions would b appreciated. Thank you -- Plazzm ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Plazzma's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2523 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38722 Hi Sub test() Application.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar").FindControl _ (ID:=247, Recursive:=True).Enabled = False End Sub You must also disable printpreview See for more info ...

log graph zero or negative values error
Hi, Excel gives an error message when you try to plot a zero or negative number on a graph. I am using a template, so I don't want to go through and manually remove the zero data every time. Is there any way to turn off the error message, it is getting VERY irritating. Cheers, Joyce [This followup was posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting with an email copy to Joyce. Please use the newsgroup for further discussion.] As far as I know, XL insists on complaining when one wants to plot log(x) where x<=0, since that is no corresponding real mathematical value. You could modi...

Problem in displaying number
Having problem in displaying number! A1=25.25 (outcome of some calculations, formatted as number with two decimal places) In A10, I am trying to display Please pay a sum of Rs. 25.25 only I am using the formula A10="Please pay a sum of Rs. "&A1&" only" Problem is coming with amounts like 25.00 or 25.50, the cell displays for 25.50 ----> Please pay a sum of Rs. 25.5 only (what I want is 25.50) for 25.00-----> Please pay a sum of Rs. 25 only (what I want is 25.00) separating Integar and Fraction part is not of help. Using =right(a1...

Convert Text to number
How can I convert a text field to numeric value? The text values are: < 35 <15 1.5 0.015 >9900 The desired result need to be: 35 15 1.5 0.015 9900 Then in a separate field I need to store the > (Greater than) and < (less than) signs from the same text filed so: < 35 (please note the space between the < and the number 35) <15 (please note that there is no space between < and the number 15) 1.5 0.015 >9900 Will give me: < < (null) (null) > Thank you, Silvio In a query: TheNumber: IIf([TheField]=">...

page breaks and print preview
After adjusting the margins on my excel worksheet I then arrange my charts so they fit within one page, however, when I do a print preview the charts no longer appear within the one page, they spill over to the sorrounding pages. What am I doing wrong? ...

Problem emailing specific pages.
Good morning, I have created a publisher file that has 4 different pages. When I go to email just one of the pages (let’s call it… “Stars”) Publisher always chooses to email another page (let’s call it “bubbles”). If I choose Stars it will show up in the email preview but then publisher will initiate spell check and will change the page to bubbles and email that page. Any ideas on why this is happening and how to make it stop? Microsoft Publisher 2003. are you trying to email from a reader spread? pub seems to email the left page of a reader spread view. .....if so only view the ...

Excel 2007 graph limits
Anyone know if there is a setting for changing the max number of points in a line graph? I'm guessing the answer is "Tough!" I can't believe that 2007 increased the max rows in the table (from 64K to over 1M!) but still has a 32K limit on points in a line graph! What a waste! What the heck were they thinking?! Heck, that's only about 8 hours of data at a 1 second interval! Any suggestions for plotting MANY points over time? NormD <mach2@newsgroup.nospam> said: >Anyone know if there is a setting for changing the max number of points in a >line graph? ...

Find cells containing a specified number of characters
I have a spreadsheet with only 1 column of data, but 18,000 lines. Is there an easy way to find all cells that contain exactly 12 characters? I tried searching for ???????????? and ************ but it finds every cell. If you use Data->Filter->Advanced Filter you can use the 12 ?s as your filter. You need a column header - let's say it is Values, and let's say your data is in column A Then in C1 type Values and in C2 type ???????????? Then select a cell in column A and go to Advanced Filter. Set C1:C2 as the criteria range, and clikc on OK "jdanker" wrote:...

Return only the numbers contained in a field
Hello, I would like some help please building a query that will return the numbers only contained in a field: Table "PurchaseOrder" has a "Memo" field that usually has the following data: "Sales Order 7540:" or "Sales Order 34:". How can I create a query that will show me all the Sales Orders and their linked Purchase Orders (PurchaseOrder.RefNumber) where the SalesOrder.RefNumber equals only the numbers in PurchaseOrder.Memo field? Thanks in advance, Brett Welllll. You can but it might not be pretty, accurate, or fast. Actually I'd expect ugly...

SOP Quick Print
We cannot print more than one copy of the Packing Slip with SOP Quick Print. In Quick Print setup, we have the Destination set to Printer. We want 2 copies of the Order and 2 copies of the Packing Slip. We get the 2 copies of the order but, for some reason, only 1 copy of the Packing Slip prints. We can get multiple copies of every document EXCEPT the packing slip. Even if we print JUST the packcing slip, it still won't print more than one copy. Any ideas? "Elaine" wrote: > We cannot print more than one copy of the Packing Slip with SOP Quick Print. > In Q...

drop page fields here and drop series fields here
I have an OLAP chart ion my chart sheet. On the bottom and top have drop page fields and seriers fields here. I have no idea which fields I can drag and drop. any information is great appreciated, Hi, This chart is a pivotchart? If so the field list should be displayed. You can drag any field in the field list to any area, so your choice should be based on what you want to display and how you want to display it. Note that as you change the pivot chart the pivot table will also change and visa versa, so you can drag the fields around on the pivot table to see the effects on the pivo...

pick a number from 1 to 10
hey all, i want to create an asp.net web page that allows internet users to pick a number from 1 to 10. how do i manage users picking the same number? (if 2 users somewhere happen to be selecting the same number and the same time). Is this a concurrency issue? thanks, rodchar hi Rodchar, On 19.12.2009 19:01, rodchar wrote: > i want to create an asp.net web page that allows internet users to pick a > number from 1 to 10. You may use ten links or buttons. But what should happens after they "picked" a number? > how do i manage users picking the same nu...

Excel default formatting of numbers
I have a CSV file which is generated by an inhouse application. One of the columns in this file has a four digit code, which are text but made of numerical digits. Some of the codes start with one or more zeroes, ie 0012, 0013, 0014 etc. The problem is when my users open the file in Excel the column has been formatted as numbers and the leading zeroes have been trimmed, so 0013 becomes 13. I do not want my users to have to play around with formatting. Also even if I do select the column and change the formatting to text the leading zeroes are still missing. Please could anyone help me with a ...

Store numbering
Does RMS care if stores are sequentially numbered? I.E. if i have 5 stores can I number them 1,13,14,15,21? Or does that mess with the licensing? -- Pat pat@arms wrote: > Does RMS care if stores are sequentially numbered? I.E. if i have 5 stores > can I number them 1,13,14,15,21? Or does that mess with the licensing? The StoreCode is not sequentially numbered... I use 120, 250, 377.. 686 ... the code of main supplier of stores to identify electronic-invoice, orders and others bye antonio ...

Creating a "step" effect with line graphs
I have a graph that charts a velocity over time. As the velocity decreases I want to display the maximum integer velocity possible (without going over) at that time. The problem is that I would like to have the integer values displayed without diagonal lines (can't have fractional parts of a whole number). I know there is a way to do it (a friend did this once, but can't remember how). Can anyone think of how to do this? Code: -------------------- +-----------+-------+-----+ | Date | Vel | Int | +-----------+-------+-----+ | 13-Jan-04 | 24.58 | 24 | | 14-Jan-04 ...

formula to add a number to a long string **
I'm not quite sure how to best describe this: I need a formula that will take the example below and return the "final result" Col. A = 24.43.234.555 and Col B= 23 making Final Result = 24.43.234.578 Is there a way to do this? This seems to work: =LEFT(A1,LEN(A1)-3)&(RIGHT(TEXT(A1,"0"),3))+23 HTH, Ryan--- -- Ryan--- If this information was helpful, please indicate this by clicking ''Yes''. "MMangen" wrote: > I'm not quite sure how to best describe this: > > I need a formula that will take the e...

Count number of records after filtering
Hello, Probably a question that's easy to answer but I have been searching for hours now & it's driving me rather crazy: I have applied a filter to a form and now I want to know how many records I have got as a result, or better, I want to know if there are any records left - how do I do that? Tried so far: If Form.Recordset.Count = 0 Then ... If Iserror(Form.RecordSet.Count) Then ... If EOF(Recordset) Then ... but that all does not work. Thanks, Gerwin Gerwin: An easy way is to add a hidden text box, txtCount say, to the form, with a ControlSourc...

filtering the graphs
Hello, here is the issue. This is important for me. I have the graph object in Report that have row source from query. Query have fields A, B, C while graph only uses A and B. Now here comes the problem, I want to dynamically filter records using field C. When I apply filter in open.report where clause it does not work here. How can I bypass it? Thanx m ...

Vertical line isn't vertical!
Hi All - I need to insert a 'dynamic' vertical line into a line-chart -- the line will separate the Past from the Future. After some searching, I found Jon Peltier's site, which had some really good information on it ...... but I just can't get it work! Right now, the vertical line is in the correct spot and 'moves' properly -- but the line isn't quite horizontal, more of an 85deg angle (like this: / ). The vertical line is definitely setup as an XY scatter connected with a line (no markers). What am I doing wrong? Or did I miss a step? Thanks, Ray Hello ag...

Six Page Newsletter
I want to have a 6 page newsletter using one B size paper for pages 1,2, and 5 and 6. And one A size paper for pages 3 and 4. Is there a way to do this with one file. When tried this before I ended up having 2 files. One for the B size paper and one for the A size. Thank you There may be other ways but here's what comes to mind; Build the two pub files, convert them to pdf and then join the two pdf files into one file. Send out the newsletter as a pdf attachment. -- Don Vancouver USA "pestocat" <gel114@theconnection.com> wrote in message news:enU$gq0UGHA.528...