Vertical Gridlines & Data Marker

Firstly, I noticed that a vertical gridlines of the chart are not align with
the gridlines of the data tables.  I am wondering how it can be aligned.

Secondly,  I also noticed that a marker is located on the leftside virtical
gridlines of X scales.  I am also wondering how to place it on the center.
0
Gary103 (266)

Hi Gary,

In my version of Excel they are.  Try it with a line chart.  In Excel 2007
you might have to make an adjustment.  We need more info.

With a data table the markers are placed between the vertical gridlines, if
you don't like that you can remove the data table and then format the X-axis
by choosing the Scale tab and unchecking Value (Y) axis crosses between
catergories.

If you want both of these features you can screen shoot a data table and
place it on a chart that doesn't have a data table or you can place the
equivalent of the data table in the spreadsheet and put it directly below
the chart.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Gary" <Gary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Firstly, I noticed that a vertical gridlines of the chart are not align
> with
> the gridlines of the data tables.  I am wondering how it can be aligned.
>
> Secondly,  I also noticed that a marker is located on the leftside
> virtical
> gridlines of X scales.  I am also wondering how to place it on the center.

customizing contact data where is the master?
somehow i have a "1" in the area code master field but can't get it to hold the real area code. any idea where i go in the program to change the basic of the contact record? sometime i get soooo tired... *sigh* thanks ...

no data in "To" column, IMAP sent email folder
There is no data displayed in the "To" column until the email has been re-opened and then it appears. We are using IMAP folders & this applies to the Sent Email folder. Does anyone know a fix for this? In message <<056b01c3aa37$c305b440$a101280a@phx.gbl>> "Tim" <tpienaar@bigpond.com> did ramble: >There is no data displayed in the "To" column until the >email has been re-opened and then it appears. We are using >IMAP folders & this applies to the Sent Email folder. >Does anyone know a fix for this? If you set Outlook to down...

Excel 2007 texture fill of chart data series columns
I need a way to use fill type to distinguish columns in a column chart for a black and white publication. Ideally, this would be the traditional horizontal, vertical or diagonal stripes or dots or checks. The only fill options I seem to get in 2007 Excel are shading, colors, or "textures", none of which really fulfill my needs. Is there any way to access the traditional stripes or dots from previous versions of Excel? Hi, The UI for that feature was removed in xl2007 but this addin provides a method of doing pattern fills. http://www.andypope.info/charts/patternfills.htm ...

How to Trap Rogue Data ?
I have an application that generates hourly system performance logfiles which I graph to look for long term trending. The metric I use gradually varies from 1% to about 15% depending on various external factors - such as time of day and day of week. My problem is that the logfiles sometime hiccup and generate bad data resulting is huge spikes in my curve. I have trapped for the big ones > 20% in my source data but I need something smarter so I can catch large deviations from the curve. Unfortunately I do not have the option to fix the application that generated the bad data. Are ther...

Cleaning all data from Money 2002
I want to "start over" using Money 2002 or clean all the data infomration from Money. I tried uninstalling it and then reinstalling it but all the old data is "saved" and reloads. How can I completely remove all the data that was previously installed so I can make a fresh start using Money 2002? The data is held in typically My Money.mny. Anyway look for a file *.mny and delete it. Alternatively to keep it for reference, rename the *.mny file and in Money use File > New. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support....

Regular data file imports
We have a General Ledger file that is beining imported by Users on dialy basis into excel from a text file. The column widths are identical every day. Currently the Import wizard is used on a daily basis to split the dat into the selected columns. How can I have the file automatically complete the format when the fil is opened or after the file is opened. The file will have a different name each day. Is there an easy way or will a macro have to be written. Thanks ca -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I receive a 4,000+ line bank statement each month in text format and h...

Search through Data
I have created a drop down list for my data. Is there a way i can make it so i can search through the data in the drop down list without scrolling Try Debra's nice coverage on "autocomplete" for data validation at her: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal10.html Data Validation -- Combo box -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 xdemechanik --- "adz" wrote: > I have created a drop down list for my data. Is there a way i can make it so > i can search through the data in the drop down list without scrolling ...

Gridlines #5
I have an Excel Spreadsheet that when accessed and printed through Excel 2000, the gridlines print fine. However, when accessed and printed through Excel XP, there are only random gridlines printed. Page Setup is checked, Print Preview appears fine, but random gridlines only on printed document. Any suggestions? It's very annoying! ...

Pivot Table -Want to display field rather than preform claculation in Data box
Is there a way in a pivot table to simply display a value of a field in the Data box rather than perform a calculation on that value. I don't want to count it, sum it. I just want it displayed. Thanks! Hi if you only have one filed for a row/column item SUM would display that value. So I'm not sure what you're exactly trying to do. A pivot table is used for the aggregation of values -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Vincent wrote: > Is there a way in a pivot table to simply display a value of a field > in the Data box rather than perform a calculation on that v...

Getting Data from Web pages
Hi All I have a task involving getting house council tax information from a web page. Basically it involves entering a postcode followed by the pricing band then council. The data is presented within the page and I copy and paste the relevant part to notepad before importing into Excel.Is it possible to automate this, I am looking for someone to point me in the right direction and I will hopefully research the rest. TIA Karen Karen What is the web address?....this should help us see if there is anything that can be automated -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England n...

How do I copy data (word) into respective cells when the data bei.
I have word data in 2 or more collums (not cells). When I copy and paste that data into a cell (word or excel) all that data goes into one cell. How do I get the data into the respective cells without going back and cut from one cell to another? Hi one method that i've used before to do this may work for you, in Word, select the columns then click on the INSERT TABLE icon on the toolbar - if you're lucky the columns will convert to two tables side by side then select the left hand side table (it might also select the right it doesn't matter) then click on the split cells ico...

external data & excel
Hello everybody. I have database in excel and in linked with access table via getexternal data|linlk. I works well. My problem is when i copy the two files into another system it is giving some error. saying that link fine is missed. Thanks to all for the suggestions in advance. Regards Sridhar In the client database try clicking Tools/Database Utilities/Linked Table Manager. Then click Select All to select all tables and put a tick in "Always prompt for new location". Then click OK and navigate to the database containing your tables. It may refresh all in one go or ...

Data aggregation with multiple workbooks
I am currently setting up a workbook. In this workbook I have a data input sheet where people would fill out information. Multiple people will be filling out this worksheet. What is the best way to aggregate the data among multiple workbooks. -- Kad On May 10, 2:39=A0pm, Kadco <Ka...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am currently setting up a workbook. In this workbook I have a data inpu= t > sheet where people would fill out information. Multiple people will be > filling out this worksheet. What is the best way to aggregate the data am= ong > multiple w...

Filter data based on multiple columns
I would like to see the unique values from column A, where Column B is a max() for that value in A. For example, in Column A there are several 1's, I would like to see the max of column B, where column A is a 1, and the same thing repeated for all the other unique values in column A. INPUT: A B 1 07/22/05 1 08/26/05 1 10/11/05 2 11/04/05 2 01/04/06 2 07/22/05 3 08/26/05 4 10/11/05 4 11/04/05 The output I'm looking for would look like this: A B 1 10/11/05 2 01/04/06 3 08/26/05 4 11/04/05 Try a Pivot Table: First, make sure your table has column headings (exampe: A1: MyNumber, B...

Disguising data entries
I am using MS Excel 2000 and Windows 2000. My spreadsheet requires users to enter an ID before they can access the info it holds. But when they type the ID in, it is visible to to client they are working with, which is not very secure. I thought I could format the cell as a password so that when the ID is typed in only asterisks would show, but this does not seem to be possible. Is there a solution to my problem please? HTH Wicked Wizard AFAIK it's not possible to do it directly in a worksheet cell, but it is possible to do this with a textbox on a userform. Set the textbox p...

Importing data into CRM 09-06-04
We initially implemented CRM about 6 months ago. Since then, we have received approximately 3 lists with a total of about 4,000 contacts and accounts from various sources. I would like to import this data but there doesn't seem to be a good way to do so. If I import using the import wizard, I lose a great deal of valuable data by the time the data gets to its final destination (contact or account tables). In addition, many of the records I would like to import are updates or duplicates. How is it possibly useful to have an import function that cannot check for duplicates or ...

crm does not get data in regular time periods
Hi Everyone, CRM does not get any data from our sql server machine around every 10 to 20 minutes. Sql Server times out trying to send the data. This has been happening ever since we changed a users business unit and changed the users properties ie (roles) through the active directory. When I go to the event viewer This error message coinsides with the time crm is not getting data. Error: Some security descriptors could not be adjusted after a privilege change. -2147217871 (0x80040E31) SOurce:MSCRMSecurityService EventId: 6148 The numbers above are the code for sql server timing out...

Problems with data files/*.pst import/Contacts
Problem: Contacts File shows up empty. Address Book email names and addresses does show up properly. Background: Previously was using Outlook 2003 Pro on Windows XP Home. Had an increasing number of weird “buggy” problems in various applications, so finally decided to upgrade OS to Windows XP Pro by installing over XP Home as an alternative to re-formatting the hard drive and/or hacking the registry. (I’m pretty sure I was having registry issues). The new OS loaded successfully and I began re-installation of frequently-used software, including Office. Mistakenly installed Office ...

collect rows of damaged data
Hi, I have to repair overflowed column contents in a SQL Server 2005 database. I would like to write a C++ program (with OLEDB) for fix the problem (on future databases also). I had found http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923247 but the solution does not work on my environment. There is a double precision floating point column ('float' in SQL Server), The query (rewrited to new object names) what should show the damaged rows does not work. SELECT IDBilder, Im_IDMeasurement FROM Bilder WHERE (Im_MicXPos <> 0.0) AND (Im_MicXPos < 2.23E-308 OR Im_MicXPos > ...

"Data Range"
I'm running Access-to-Excel automation for a Calendar Year's Data. If I set the Data Range to 53 rows, by 2 columns, I can populate up to 53 weeks worth of Data...365 (366) days = "53 weeks". As the Chart fills w/ data for a full-year, I need to widen it (and print on 11 by 17 paper) to see all 53 data points. Is there a way to have the "Data Range" "select" only the number of weeks that have occurred...IE, If 12 weeks, the "Data range" plots only those 12 weeks... TIA - Bob Bob: You want to set up a dynamic data range using an Offset...

Different data shown based on user input
Bit of a strange one for you. I have a form which has a number of different tick boxes (unlinked to a recordset). Each tick box represents a field within a number of different tables. What I want to do is to have a user tick a number of fields and click a button which will export only the fields they have ticked/selected into an excel spreadsheet. Does that make sense? Let me know if you want me to explain it any better. Cheers for the help. Maver1ck666 Hi, are you using code to do this and not a macro? The basic process is to build the query using the fields that have been ticked o...

CRM Data Migration 1.2 Failure 02-14-05
I try to use the Data Migration Framework to my swedish version of CRM 1.2, but get the message "The version of the CDF database you are attempting to use does not match the version of your Microsoft CRM database" when trying to initialize the CDF Database. Doesn´t the Migration Framework support any other versions but the english version? Any clues on this? Any help is greatly appriciated. Thanks, Gunnel Hi, You need an update: Microsoft CRM Update for Data Migration Framework: 831202 which is awailable here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?amp%3Bd...

linking several data sheet into one master workbook
I have a workbook that contains 5 worksheets that are the same except that each one is for a different business unit. There are also a couple of other sheets that do some comparisons of the data by business unit. What I want to do is make it so that each business unit can do data entry without the others locking them out. So I have created separate workbooks for each unit. The problem is when I open the worksheet with the overall reporting, I want to have an exact copy of the raw data (i.e. formatting and all) in the worksheet. I have tried to link worksheets cell by cell but where t...

PivotTable Filter Automaticly adds new data
Hi, I have a strange problem. MS Excel 2003 pivot table linked to SSAS 2005 Cube. One of the dimensions let's say Customer is filtered on the pivot table. 5 from total of 100 Customers are selected in filter. Next day assume 2 new customers added to customer dimension and when the pivot refreshed those 2 new customers are automaticly added to filter and the result is 7 customers selected out of 102 total. Do you know any ways to prevent this and keeping the only original filter without adding new records? Thanks in advance erdal On Mar 20, 12:45=A0pm, "erdal akbulut&q...

Transferring Money 2005 data files to another PC
I;ve got Money 2005 Standard installed on an old PC and need to transfer the data over to a new PC. So I've made backups of my Money data files: data.mny and the Money-backup file data.mdf (located in "c:\documents and settings\username\my documents") I've copied the data files over to the new PC but Money 2005 refuses to open the data file saying it couldn't find the file, its read only, or I don't have permission to it. BTW on the new PC I have deleted the dummy data file that I created. I've tried the Restore from Backup feature of MS Money 2005, as wel...