Vb macro stops when I try to create more than 89 charts

I created an Excel2002 VB macro that manipulates some data in different ways
then it creates charts of the certain parts of data that I extracted.

Every time when the macro is trying to create the 90th chart the macro stops
(the VB Editor still says that the macro is running but nothing happen).
When I press the pause or the stop button the Excel closes without any
warning.

Is there a limitation on how many charts I can create, or is something to do
with my computer memory (and if that is the problem any suggestions on how to
re-write the procedures to manage the memory better?)

I have  WIN XP S2 with Intel P M 1500MZ with 598Mhz, 512MB of RAM

0
Tiberius (1)

Edit or Create a Partylist Lookup field
I have an issue - we have Cytrack running between our AVAYA phones and CRM 4.0 and I have enable the option that when a call comes through it opens a Phone Call activity and it automatically connects to the contact for the person calling in. Great except while we have all cleitns in as contacts - we also have clients either in as a Lead or an Opportunity when we are doign current business and I want to change the phone call activity recipient. I can do this but it comes up a "Look Up Records" screen and you havea drop down list to pick what entity you wish to locate the cl...

Macro or Function to make text size to suite text Length?
I would like to find Macro or Function that will make text size to suite text Length? eg. if the first cell has "bill smith" then the text size would be 10. But if you had "Christina Vandermear" then the text size would be as small as 7 in order to fit in that same size cell. I know it's a bit of an odd request, but is there a way to do that? thanks Hi only possible with VBA. You may download the following addin for this extension of the conditional format (as Excel's build in format can't change the font size): http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.CF...

How to create a task view where completed tasks are omitted
Hello out there! I'm trying to create a task view where my hundreds of 'completed tasks' are omitted - leaving all other tasks that have yet to be completed. I've searched help and rung the customer support line but to no avail. Anyone know how? Would be much appreciated. Paul Create a custom view of your Tasks folder with a filter that says "Completed equals no" (you will find this on the Advanced tab when you click the Filter button). -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the...

Create Template
Hi i am new with Outlook How can i crate a Template so that when i send mail it should go my Co. logo and address evey time to other. pls help. Shital In news:13072DF7-B1A1-4ED3-8E94-4128335F3992@microsoft.com, shital shah <shitalshah@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Hi i am new with Outlook > How can i crate a Template so that when i send mail it should go my > Co. logo and address evey time to other. > > pls help. > > Shital I don't understand. Are you saying you want an e-mail signature automatically put at the bottom of your messages? Please provi...

Word 2003 stops working
Hi folks, Never had a problem with Word 2003 in the 3 years I've had this program. Suddenly, I have issues. A few minutes into opening a Word document, or upon attempted close of the document, I get a popup box with message "Microsoft Office Word has stopped working. A problem caused the problem to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." When I close the popup, sometimes a new blank "document 1" opens up automatically. This happens with both Word docs and Outlook messages. Don'...

chart formatted for Weeks, not Days
I am trying to graph some data in Excel 2002 SP3. Column A contains dates (1 date every 7 days) and Columns B through Z the actual data. On my graph I wish to change to eliminate the extra spaces between data points because every day is displayed, not just the weekly dates entered. The only options in the Format Axis I can find are Days, Months, Years. Where is the Weekly option ? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks ! ...

How do I stop 1 day tasks splitting over 2 days?
I am using Project 2003 and it has got an annoying habit of splitting most tasks with a duration of 1 day into 7 hours of work on one day and 1 hour of work the following day when you look at them within the Resource Usage view. This is mucking up my Gantt chart as the tasks effectively look as if they are 2 day tasks (although the duration cell definitely says 1 day). Any idea what is causing the problem and how do I fix it? Things to note: - The project calendar and resource calendars are definitely showing 8 hour working days (8-12 then 1-5) so that isn’t causing the probl...

Chart Legend #3
I have Line charts on various sheets. The charts are identical in size. There are 12 items graphed on each chart. However, the legend on each of the charts seems to be displaying different numbers of charted items. I'm not sure how to explain this clearly. On one chart's legend, it might show 12 items (three columns with four items each), which is correct. Another chart's legend may only show 2 columns totally only eight items (it should be 12). I even have one chart's legend showing only 4 items (as if it is only one column displaying). I can't figure out what...

Creating CRM Users 02-22-05
HI, Thanks for your response. No there are no strange characters, the two names are John Phillips and Steve McDonagh. These two users have been added to our pilot CRM system, which is independent of this live version, with out any problems. Cheers Ben can you try add a user through the web interface to see if that works? -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Ben Smallwood" <bsmallwo@softhome.net> wrote in message news:de61721b.0502220242.48137f63@posting.google.com... > HI, > Thanks for your response. No there are no strange characters...

A question regarding coordinates of points within a chart
Can anyone explain how x-y coordinates for points within a chart can be accessed via a mousemove event? I realize this will require quite a bit of coding, but I would like a little comment box to appear for any given point on an X-Y scatter I have. The data set consists of around 27000 points, and I would like the mousemove event to trigger a lookup into a table that contains a fairly lengthy descripion of each point. Wazooli Wazooli, Take a look at Jon Peltier's article on chart events . . . http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=221 then, take a look at this post ...

Bubble Charts
Does anyone know if the bubble chart default shape of circle can be modified to other shapes (i.e. triangle, square)? The flexibility to present different shapes could be useful when presenting two series on the same chart. For example, one series could be the default circle, another a triangle. I have seen this capability in other applications with advanced charting capabilities. I am using Excel 2003. Regards, Joel Hi, Yes you can change the shape. To do so you need to use a custom marker. Create a shape using the autoshapes menu. Format the shape in terms of colour and border. Copy...

Macro cannot be disabled nor signed.
Following Error message. "This workbook contains a type of macro (Microsoft Excel version 4.0 macro) that cannot be disabled nor signed. Therefore, this workbook cannot be opened under High Security Level." Why is this happening....and what is the solution. -- PeteM ------------------------------------------------------------------------ PeteM's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=23736 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=374104 Pete, You have an Excel 4 macro in the workbook. It's a completely diffe...

Help with macro #5
The following macro puts the file names on the worksheet that has the command button. How can I put the file names on a different worksheet? Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() Dim FN As String ' For File Name Dim ThisRow As Long Dim FileLocation As String Application.ScreenUpdating = False FileLocation = "C:\Documents and Settings\nc1\Desktop\TAS forms\*.xls" FN = Dir(FileLocation) Do Until FN = "" ThisRow = ThisRow + 1 Cells(ThisRow, 1) = FN FN = Dir Loop End Sub ...

Encrypt or Hide Macro
Hi All Hopefully someone out there can help me! I have written a macro that will auotomatically retreive fields from a database. How can i encrypt or totally hide the macro, so that users will not be able to see what is contained within the macro? Thx Go to the VBE, right click the project from the browser on the left an select "VBA Project Properties" On the second tab you should be able to set a password and lock it. Dunca -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You can also hide by putting this as the first line on the module Option Private Module -- Don Gui...

A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. #3
I disabled this prompt always when it first started coming up and now, I need it again. Anyone know where I can reset it? You can't disable the prompt as an end user, so I'm baffled as to what you did and what you're now trying to do. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "connieh" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3d0101c47f27$61d33420$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I disabled this prompt alway...

VB.NET for Office Open XML
I have been working on a function that inserts a slide into a presentation. I am having a problem grasping the steps to add a child node to the parent document. in this case a slide to the presentation. There is code on the MSDN site but it has several errors and when I fixed them it would not update the slide title. It would actually corrupt the file. Here is what I have so far: Public Function PPTInsertNewSlide(ByVal fileName As String, ByVal position As Integer, ByVal title As String) As Boolean Dim returnValue As Boolean = False Dim documentPart As PackagePart = Noth...

How to stop a file from opening when XL starts?
Hi, This isn't as easy as you may think. I'm running XL2003 on Windows XP home and have a strange problem. When I start XL it opens with a file named chart 1 gif 1.gif. I have looked in the XLSTART folder but there's nothing in there, I do not have anything in the folder to open files from upon starting XL either. I have searched my hard drives for a file named as such without luck. While testing I tried saving the file as chart 1 gif 1.guf to see if I could find out where it was stored unsuccessfully, so now I get both of those files opening each time I start XL, but their is n...

ESM in Exchange 2003 won't start/stop SMTP Virtual Server
Has anyone seen an Exchange 2003 cluster where the SMTP virtual server won't start or stop in ESM. I can change the properties in the virtual server and can fail it over successfully in cluster admin. Every time I go to start or stop the virtual server in ESM in tells me to create an SMTP resource (Which I have already done). If I take the resource off-line the SMTP Virtual server stops as well. Thanks for any help todd wrote: > Has anyone seen an Exchange 2003 cluster where the SMTP > virtual server won't start or stop in ESM. I can change > the properties in the v...

Trendline erases chart name
When I add a trendline, the chart name gets changed to "Chart Title." The name can be seen in the Chart Objects drop box, if I scroll down enough. When I add the tendline, I'm leaving the Chart Title box marked as automatic, but it still replaces the name to Chart Title. (The name on my charts just comes from the data field that is above numerical data when I create the chart.) I have a lot of charts to go through, >100, so any help in retaining the name without having to retype it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! I cannot think how this can happen. Email me the fi...

Copy/Paste Excel Macro
Hello, What I'm trying to do is automate a process using an excel macro. What I need the macro to do is to look for a blank cell in a range of data in Column A, and whenever there is a blank space within that range, paste some specific above information into this row. (I'm formatting an excel file after taking it from another program). I would greatly appreciate any help! Thank you! You could record a macro to filter on blank in coloum A then paste a formula +cell above- this would then fill in your blanks -- Thanks for your help "Justin" wrote: >...

Advice or tutorial on creating variables from clkipboard contents
Where can I find advice or a tutorial for creating a variable from selected cell contents, i.e. from the clipboard content. I have a relative macro that captures a string from one worksheet and searches for the string in a second worksheet. On finding the string in the second sheet, it returns to the first sheet and picks up the sting in an adjacent cell and returns to the second sheet and pastes the second string into a cell adjacent to the 'found' cell. The macro then returns to the first sheet and moves down one row, preparatory to repeating the capture/switch/search/ etc routi...

How do I create a secondary free/busy replica??
Hi, I just ran Exchange Best Practices Analyzer and it recommends creating a secondary free/busy replica. I double click tell me more but I just want a quick and easy way to creat this secondary free/busy replica. Can anyone give me instructions please? Thanks, TKE402 First, you have to have more than one Exchange server with a public folder store on it. Next, locate your Public Folder hierachy in Exchange System Manager, right click on public folders and choose View System Folders. Then, locate the Schedule + Free and Busy folder, right click on it to display it's propert...

Set table name dynamically for CR 11 in VB.Net 2003
I posted this question earlier today. It showed up but has disappeared now. I have the following code in VB.Net 2003 for CR XI; I would like to set the table name for the report in VB.Net code. All tables would have the exact same structure. With crConnectionInfo .ServerName = MyServer .DatabaseName = MyDatabase .UserID = MyID .Password = MyPWD End With Dim MyTable As String if s=1 then MyTable = TableA else MyTable = TableB end if CrTables = sReportName.Database.Tables For Each CrTable I...

XL2000 stopped showing me the Macro commands list
I must have done something wrong. While I was in the VBE Editor working on a macro, Excel2000 used to show me suitable commands as I type in...Now suddenly it stopped. I'd appreciate if someone help me correct this. TIA Martyn try tools>options>editor>auto syntax>check it -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Martyn" <ayes@post.com> wrote in message news:O5Rvjc78DHA.1632@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I must have done something wrong. While I was in the VBE Editor working on a > macro, Excel2000 used to show me suitable commands as I type in....

Creating a Dropsource correctly.
Hello, I've got a custom control within a dialog that I'm using for previewing bitmaps. I also need for it to act as a drop target and drop source. I've got the drop target part working, but am still having some issues with the drop source part. Here's what a I've got so far... (Note: This happens on a Ctrl+WM_LBUTTONDOWN) COleDataSource* pDataSource = NULL; pDataSource = new COleDataSource; pDataSource->CacheGlobalData ( CF_BITMAP, copiedImage ); pDataSource->DoDragDrop ( DROPEFFECT_COPY ) ); The issue I'm having is th...