Variable series multi line chart?

I have a set of records each having a month/yr value, a product value and a
number field called Backlog that is either 1 or 0. There will always 24
month/yr values represented in my data (24 month range) and there can be at
least 40 different products. The month/yr values will change depending on
what month my report is run, but there could be any number of products.

I want a multi line chart that has the 24 months listed across the bottom
and shows the count of backlog for each product per month (with each product
as a series I guess). I guess my chart data source will have a column for the
month/yr value, and a column for each product showing the backlog count for
each month. I'm dumping my data to a spreadsheet via VBA and I can handle
setting up the data for the chart.

My biggest issue is that there are a variable # of products. How do I set up
my chart to work off of an unknown set of series? Also, Is a limit to the #
of series I can use on a chart?

Thanks!

"Is a limit to the of series I can use on a chart?"

MS documentation states:-

"Data series in one chart 255"

I don't have time at the moment to look at the other issues that you have
raised.

Thanks.

"cherman" wrote:

> I have a set of records each having a month/yr value, a product value and a
> number field called Backlog that is either 1 or 0. There will always 24
> month/yr values represented in my data (24 month range) and there can be at
> least 40 different products. The month/yr values will change depending on
> what month my report is run, but there could be any number of products.
>
> I want a multi line chart that has the 24 months listed across the bottom
> and shows the count of backlog for each product per month (with each product
> as a series I guess). I guess my chart data source will have a column for the
> month/yr value, and a column for each product showing the backlog count for
> each month. I'm dumping my data to a spreadsheet via VBA and I can handle
> setting up the data for the chart.
>
> My biggest issue is that there are a variable # of products. How do I set up
> my chart to work off of an unknown set of series? Also, Is a limit to the #
> of series I can use on a chart?
>
> Thanks!

How do you control the color/pattern of a pie chart?
I need help with my pie charts. I need to create pie charts that are easily understood in B&W. How do I set the color or pattern for each portion of my pie chart? Hi, To format a slice you need to select it first. Click the pie once to select all slices. Click again to select individual slice. You can use the Fill Effects > Patterns to fill with b/w patterns. Also in print preview the Setup dialog has a Print Black & White option on the Chart Tab. Note this is only visible if you have a chart sheet or select the chartobject before print preview. If you are printing chartobje...

Pivot Chart
I have to make a pivot chart, but i want to set fixed fill color for every series (and them to stay tha same when i and or filter some data in the pivot chart) Any ideas? Thks -- Nacho Chivil´┐Ż _______________________________________________________________________ mail: ichivilo@alu.itba.edu.ar msn: nachochivilo@hotmail.com Tel. (54-11) 4792-8757 .. Loss of formatting is a known problem with pivot charts. There's information in the following MSKB article, suggests recording a macro as you apply the formatting: XL2000: Changing a PivotChart Removes Series Formatting ht...

Creating Complicated Charting
Ok, I know some one will be able to help me. I need to create a chart that is based off of 26 sheets give or take 3 or 4, this chart needs to be an advance skill level when mine is only intermediate. I need the chart to not only self expand, but I need it to also contain drop down menus, to make selection on what should show on the chart. I need to have at least 3 different drop downs, with up to 7-10 choices in each. I also need help on how to create a table that allows subcatagories in it. Such as a section named Falls needs to have 7 subsections numbered 1.1,1.2,1.3...etc...how do I ...

How do I create a one variable data table? #2

How do I alter the number of bar series in a combination chart?
The default combination chart had 4 bar series and 3 line series. I would like to have 5 bar series and 2 line series. Next time, don't bother with one of the built-in custom types, just start with a column chart, then one by one select the series you want to change, and use Chart Type from the Chart menu to change it. This time, just select the series to change, and use Chart Type from the Chart menu to change it. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ rjs wrote: > The default ...

Truncate message after certain number of lines
Hi All; Is there some way in which this can be achieved through Exchange 2003 and pushed onto all users on the domain? Cant seem to figure out how to do this. TIA On Thu, 8 Sep 2005 05:35:04 -0700, WhoC@nItbN0W <WhoCnItbN0W@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi All; > >Is there some way in which this can be achieved through Exchange 2003 and >pushed onto all users on the domain? Cant seem to figure out how to do this. > > > >TIA Whats the goal? Hi: 1. A simple issue really (a) Cant prevent users from fwding emails over emails, appending their rema...

what is the difference between normal chart and pivot chart
what is the difference between normal chart and pivot chart A pivot chart is tied in to the data in a pivot table, and as a result, is less flexible in terms of formatting and also in terms of what data you can include or exclude. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://peltiertech.com/ DAZ wrote: > what is the difference between normal chart and pivot chart ...

chart "sized with window" in office 2007
Hey for every chart i ever created I set the sized with window option. Hate have pointless grey borders above and below my chart... think this is real popular. Where has this feature gone in the dreaded Ribbon?????? HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE You can't set a chart in 2007 to be sized with window. It has been removed from Excel. Yeah, I m...

Multi-Tier Commission Report
Has anyone developed an RMS report that allows Sales Rep commission to be calculated depending upon varying sales figures i.e. 1% comm up to sales of £300k, 2% comm between £300k-£500k and 3% comm above? If the commisson is by product you can set the products with an sql query to whatever percent you want and then with MS Access create a report with the products that sold at 1% and the product that sold at 2% and so on. But this is by product. Thanks for the post, unfortunately our commission is set by each individual Sales Reps "Total Sales" within a given peri...

Doughnut Charts
Hi, Have a doughnut chart - how do I get the numbers for each category to actually appear on the chart itself, as opposed to just appearing in the legend? many Thanks, Gary. Hi have a look at the following add-ins: http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/charttools.htm http://www.appspro.com/utilities/Labeler.asp -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Gary Thomson" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:196e801c41c95$a4c62390$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Have a doughnut chart - how do I get the numbers for each > category to actual...

Excel Charts in 2007
I want to create one chart which donot show the blank series in the X- axix Hi, I'm not clear on this one - if a series is blank it doesn't display. Why don't you show us sample data and tell us what you get with that data and what you want to get. Also the chart type. -- If this helps, please click the Yes button Cheers, Shane Devenshire "Raiju" wrote: > I want to create one chart which donot show the blank series in the X- axix ...

View pareto chart by sorting the max number on the bottom
Is it possible to format the pareto chart by sorting the maximun number show in the bottom of each bar and ignore sort by Legend item? The order is determined by the Row Source of the chart. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "sq75222" wrote: > Is it possible to format the pareto chart by sorting the maximun number show > in the bottom of each bar and ignore sort by Legend item? > > ...

How do i change the axis location on a chart that has negative da.
I am charting data on a line chart that is negative. The x axis catagories are displayed below the zero line, but not below that last line of data. How do i move the catagories below the last line of data. I have used the offset but it only allows up to 1000. This isnt enough. You can leave the axis where it is, in fact, for a column chart moving the X axis will change the origin of the columns. Double click the X axis, and on the Patterns tab, for Tick Labels, choose the Low position. To move the axis itself, double click the Y axis, and on the Scale tab, change the Category Axis Crosse...

User defined charts- font size too small
I saved a user defined chart in Excel. The font size of the titles was saved as 16 pt. When I creste a new chart, using the same user defined chart, the font sizes come up as 4 pt. It somewhat defeats the purpose of having a user defined chart. Any suggestions? -- Bill B Bill, Apparently Excel does not set the chart autoscaling to false before saving the chart as user-defined. As a result, the chart font sizes appear to change when the chart is saved to the file that holds the user-defined charts. To prevent this from happening, activate the chart that you want to save as user-de...

Presenting all months in a year in a Pivot Table/Chart when all months are not included in source data
Excel 2007, Windows 7 I'm creating a series of pivot tables and charts to show price data by month in a given year for different categories of products (in different locations). If I have entries for most but not all months in a given year, is it possible to have excel render a table and chart that displays all 12 months of the calendar year even though not all are included in the source data? As it works by default, it only presents data for those months that are included in the source data. I know a work around would be to include the missing months with a blank entry in the source d...

Creating mailboxes via command line.
In Exchange 5.5 I used a CSV import to create mailboxes from a script. Is there an equivalent (or better) functionailty in Exchange 2003? I use dsadd to create the user account on the 2003 AD server but cannot figure out how to create the mailbox. Any ideas are appreciated. I did look on the windows scripting page, but did not see much that was useful. David Eaton David: You can use LDIFDE or CSVDE. Do some research on both. Neither are as friendly as the import/export features of Exchange 5.5. I personally would recommend learning some scripting and using VBS instead. Do a search for ...

Chart 'crowding' problem. Chart suddenly overlaps axis text.
My manager created several chart sheets on his system (currently Windows 2000, Excel 2002 I'm pretty sure...he's in a meeting so I can't get his SP#). The charts look good, have a couple added lines to split the quarter visually into three months (the X-axis is the day of the quarter), and it displays both X- and Y-axis labels. When I open them on my system (Windows XP, Excel 2002 SP 2) they look fine. But the following day when I open the workbook the charts are now a little larger and are overlapping the axis labels...very annoying! Any idea why this is happening? The workb...

Spreading apart lines on a scatter plot
Hi, I'm trying to add a constant value to the each data point in my chart so as to sread the two lines apart so that it's easier to compare and interpret them. Is there an easy was to do this Hi Billy why not create a helper column in your sorce data, adding a constant value to the original value and use this helper column as source for your chart? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Billy Wilton wrote: > Hi, I'm trying to add a constant value to the each data > point in my chart so as to sread the two lines apart so > that it's easier to compare and inter...

Resize chart (Word 2007) while keeping H/W ratio?
How to resize chart (Word 2007) while keeping H/W ratio? Hi, Hold down the Shift key while sizing from the corners, not the center. Cheers, Shane Devenshire Microsoft Excel MVP "Binh" <Binh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A215421E-6D08-49A5-9DBA-9CA6C0A1ED5D@microsoft.com... > How to resize chart (Word 2007) while keeping H/W ratio? ...

saving data from a formula into a variable
hi all, does anyone know how to save data coming form formulaarray directly to a variable? How about you getting your formula to work in the worksheet? Then copy|paste that working formula into your reply. It'll be easier to modify that than to start from scratch. yaniv.dg@gmail.com wrote: > > hi all, > does anyone know how to save data coming form formulaarray directly to > a variable? -- Dave Peterson haven't we been here before? -- HTH Bob Phillips (replace somewhere in email address with gmail if mailing direct) <yaniv.dg@gmail.com> wrote in mess...

Missing title, axis, Y info on some charts within a workbook
Problem with a User profile and Office 2007 docs I work as a Network/help desk technician for a company and both myself and the administrator are stumped as to what is happening. We upgraded from Office 2003 to Office 2007 in late July and August This problem started about 3-4 months ago. A user had a problem with some of the Excel charts within a worksheet not showing the title, Y & axis information. I could open the file just fine on my PC. I logged into users PC and opened the file just fine. We checked/compare the application configurations, etc and they seemed fine against ...

Sunbeam 2551 Heritage Series 6-Speed 250-Watt Hand Mixer, Silver
List Price:$49.99 Image: http://bestdeallocator.info/image.php?id=B001AO1X1U Best price found: http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B001AO1X1U Manufacturer: SunbeamModel #: 2551Condition: Brand New In Retail BoxList Price: $49.99 Description: Whether you need to beat eggs, whip cream or prepare cake batter, this 6-speed handheld mixer delivers 250W of power to get the job done. Features: 250W motor for smooth, powerful mixing 6 mixing speeds for blending a variety of food consistencies, from eggs and heavy cream to pudding and thick cake batters Burst of Power feature deliv...

How to use two parameters in input of popup Variables
HI All Gary's Student kindly made some to code to allow input of variables via popup : Dim colstring As String Dim findit As Double, replacewith As Double colstring = Application.InputBox("Select Column ....", "Stage 1 of 3", Type:=2) findit = Application.InputBox("Column Selected : " & colstring & vbCr & vbCr & "Select Value To Replace?", "Stage 2 of 3", Type:=1) replacewith = Application.InputBox("Column Selected : " & colstring & vbCr & vbCr & "Value Selected : " &am...

Creating Form, Need 1st 2 lines of field to indent, 3rd to wrap
I'm creating a form for myself to enter into. I have lines that are formatted in what they call "Indented Block" - I have a heading on the left margin, which I don't touch when filling in the form, the field starting at an indent of 3", the 2nd line of the field if it's long enough to wrap to also be at 3" and any lines after that to wrap back to the left margin. Kinda like this: heading: field 2nd line of field 3rd line of field continued BUT, I need to be able to indent the 3rd line also to 3" if it's too short &...

Graph
Hi, Here is the problem - There is a graph I have to create, based on the following information: I have projects names, and each project has the following data: 1. Estimated cost. 2. Actual cost. 3.Status, which can be one of 3: a. over with b. in progress c. per demand I need to put the data on a 3D column graph, in a way that each project will have 2 columns that compare estimated and actual cost, but the problem is I also need to put some kind of an attribute on every project which reflects its status. How do I do that? Convert the status to a number you can display eg 0 = overwith, 1 = ...