Values on 'y' axis - columm chart type

Hello,

I just open an spreadsheet with some graphs I did a few days ago and it
appears as if the values on the 'y' axis have been rounded up
(0,1,1,2,2,3,3,4,4,5....etc) instead of been in a scale (0, 0.5, 1, 1.5,
2.....etc). The source data for the graph has not changed.

I would appreciate it if someone could let me knwo why this has happened and
how can I change it back.

Thanks
0
Belcha (2)

Format Axis/ Number/ Decimal places?
You could try changing from Number to General?
--
David Biddulph

"Belcha" <Belcha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I just open an spreadsheet with some graphs I did a few days ago and it
> appears as if the values on the 'y' axis have been rounded up
> (0,1,1,2,2,3,3,4,4,5....etc) instead of been in a scale (0, 0.5, 1, 1.5,
> 2.....etc). The source data for the graph has not changed.
>
> I would appreciate it if someone could let me knwo why this has happened
> and
> how can I change it back.
>
> Thanks

0
groups9994 (52)

return value based on combo box selection
I have a combo box (cmbShipDate) in a form that is based on a table with drop down values of ShipDate1, ShipDate2, ShipDate3, etc. I have created a text box and I want the correct ship date to be displayed based on the combo box selection. These ship dates are all stored in a table called tblOrder. I thought I could use the DLookUp fuction, but I'm not doing something correctly. Thanks I don't understand what you mean by "based on a table with drop down values". And when you say the "ship dates are all stored in ... tblOrder", do you mean tha...

Type mismatch error in Excel
Hello, I receive a type-mismatch error when compiling. The cells being referenced only have dates. Can someone help? Heres some of the code Application.Windows("rpt_BigTicket.xls").Activate a = Range("D:J") b = DateValue(Format(Now(), "mm-dd-yyyy")) - Weekday(Now(), 1) c = Application.VLookup(b, a, 2, False) "This is where the ERROR-13 'Tpye Mismatch occurs' The default property for a range is the .Value property, so a = Range("D:J") is returning an array of values, not a range object. Try something like: Dim a As Range D...

Creating a combination chart using cluster column & stacked bar t.
I need to create a combination chart, using cluster column and stacked bar types. I need to "cluster" two columns side by side without space in between, with stacked bars within each of these columns. Then, have space along the x axis, and have 2 more columns clustered made up of stacked bars within. I am charting 2 years side by side, with different types of data within the columns, so need to stack/segment the column. How do I create and combination chart, and how do I select these 2 types to combine together? HELP, PLEASE?!? If you stagger your data, you can create sid...

Display/Hide a Form Control/Field Based On Another Field Value?
Hi all, I have to Combo boxes on a form. The first one I would always like users to see. The second, however, I would like hidden if the first box has certain values selected. So, if ComboBox1 has values of 1 or 2, I would like ComboBox2 to show as normal. If ComboBox1 has a value of 3, I would like ComboBox2 hidden. Is there a relatively simple way of doing this, if at all? Thanks for your help as always! --Eric You have to take care of 2 things: (1) When you move from record to record and the combo box contents changes (2) When the user changes the contents of the combo box For (1), inse...

Can I add a baseline value to a chart?
I have a chart that shows results of tests taken on different dates to show improvement. I need to add a baseline to the chart showing the Desired Result. From an earlier reply: You can add the lines to the chart by using extra data series. Here is a collection of examples. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/RunChtLines.html http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/straight_lines/index.html http://www.andypope.info/charts/averageline.htm -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Jeanine" <Jeanine@...

Chart automatic sum
I have a huge list of invoices in an excel table, and would like to create a chart that shows the cumulative number of invoices sent by month. What is the best way to do this? When I create a chart with the "Invoice Sent" column highlighted, that data becomes the data range, but what I actually want the data range to be is the row count of invoices sent. Also, when I try to switch the X and Y axes so that invoice sent date is on the X axis, it gives an error because there are too many values (max of 255). However, there should only be a few dozen x-axis values when I'...

Changing positive values to negative
I’m using excel 2007with windows xp pro. I use excel very infreuently and not since upgrading to 2007. I have a long column of dollar values that I need to change from positive to negative values such as: $123.45 ($123.45) I can accomplish the feat manually over many hours by F2>.HOME>- > ENTER> DOWN ARROW and repeat and repeat and repeat. Or I can use a macro. But using a macro has changed from years ago. When I tried the macro inserted a specific value of cell rather than the value of the selected cell. So that didn’t work. What can make this conversion easier? If t...

Cant Type Message in Outlook
Some time I am able to type in outlook and other time it will not work. I dont know that is going on or if there is something that I do to bring it on. I was answering my email this morning and when I got to the last one i was not able to type. Every key stroke it would ding at me. It did this to me before and the problem just went away. I have tried to reboot my computer and that didnt work. I have no idea. Thank You Mark ...

Problem with .Values
Hi all, I have a Sub for construct graphic but if the number of vx is too large, ERROR at .Values = Y. Why ? Thank you for your help, Serge Sub ConstruireGraphiqueParTableauxVBA() Dim X() As Double Dim Y() As Double, i As Long, vx As Double ReDim X(i), Y(i) Application.ScreenUpdating = False ici = ActiveSheet.Name '********************************************* For vx = -15 To 15 'If the number of vx is too large, ERROR 'at .Values = Y. Why ? '********************************************* X(i) = vx Y(i) = vx ^ 2 i = i + 1 ReDim Preserve X(i), Y(i) Next vx Cha...

adding values from 2 columns
I am trying to compose a personal cash flow chart where I can enter outgoings and income for every day of the month and see what the balance is on any day. I need to get a value in Col F which adds the value in Col C (daily income), subtracts the value in Col E (daily outgoings) and shows the balance. Also I may have to specify several rows if I have multiple outgoings on a particular day. Any ideas gratefully received. Gaby Sounds like you want a checkbook register. Something like this? A B C D E Start Bal $1,023.32 Date Item Expense Deposit Balance $10.12 $1,013.20 $23.3...

returning vlookup values for blank cells
I have a spreadsheet that lists "soccer players" by name down the first colunm and "time in game" across the top and the position they play in array. I then use vlookup for another spreedsheet by "position" down the first column, time across the top and puts the players name into the positions. All this works fine. Since there are 5 more kids than positions, the orginal spreedsheet has blanks when the kids are out of the game. How do I use vlookup or other to extract the 5 sub'd out kids at the bottom of the 2nd spreadsheet? It only returns the nam...

How to ignore zero values when plotting a graph
Using Excel 2003. I have a data range for a graph. The values in the cells are the results of a simple If function - If(m28>0,n28,0). The results are taken from a larger data input exercise. But, the graph line (a simple graph!) plots the FALSE value (0) when I would like there to really be no value & hence no plotted point if the result is FALSE. Phil - Change this: If(m28>0,n28,0) to this: If(m28>0,n28,NA()) This results in the ugly #N/A error in the cell, but it makes the chart ignore the point. Debra Dalgleish shows how to hide the ugliness with conditional f...

I want to format a cell based on an adjacent cells value
I would like a cell automatically formatted in the same way a conditional format works - but the format to be based on the value of an adjacent cell. Any ideas as I cant work out how or if I can achieve this Cumbo, Use Conditional Formatting, but change cell valve is to formula is and use something like this, will change the cell if A1=25 =$A$1=25, so if you select B5 and put this in conditional formatting cell B5 will change when A1 = 25 -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on an...

posting values
on excel,i've been using v-lookup to get values in the same row from one column but i was wondering if it was possible to use data in 2 columns and get a value in the same row to transfer into my data sheet. I looked at every function in the program but can't seem to find the way to do that. if anyone knows how to do this, pls respond to this. thanks-lisa Lisa, VLOOKUP can match a value in the first column and return the value from any other column - and the same row as the matched value - just expand the second range to include the data that you want to have returned, and use t...

Save spreadsheet using cell values as filename
I am trying to use a command button to save a spreadsheet using cell values as the file name from the tab Master. For example I want to use cells B2 (Tony.Dungate) and F2 (2010.March) to create a file name of Tony.Dungate.2010.March.xls. Essentialy I would need something like : Master!B2&.&Master!G2&".xls" Can someone advise me on the correct code to do this. I have been trying to use the following without success: Const sRoot As String = "V:\Database Logs\" With ActiveWorkbook .SaveAs Filename:=sRoot & _ ....

Cut X axis
Bom dia = Good morning I need to know, how can i put a variable like "A3" the value of de chart cut de X axis. Obrigado = Thanks Francisco - Something like this, which is shown for the Y axis, but would work for any axis: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BrokenYAxis.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Francisco wrote: > Bom dia = Good morning > > I need to know, how can i put a variable like "A3" the value of de chart cut > de X axis. > ...

Find Value; Return Row number
Goodmorning everybody! I was wondering if someone could help me with the following problem: "I wanted to make a macro which would find the first value (counting from a1) that matches the value stated in C14 of "FORM". When it gives a match I want to return the row number to "Sheet2". I tested it with dates of which I was certain it had to find a match (as I entered them myself in "Sheet1") Still it returns: "Named Argument not Found" (Runtime error 448)" I hope someon sees my mistake(s). Thanks in Advance!! Sub TestDelete() l = Sheet...

How do I turn the pivot chart into a list with all cells filled?
I have the pivot chart and would like to copy and paste it so that all fields are filled Select the pivot table. Choose Edit>Copy Select the cell where you'd like to paste the copy Choose Edit>Paste Special Select Values, click OK There are instructions here for filling the blanks: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataEntry02.html gianna wrote: > I have the pivot chart and would like to copy and paste it so that all fields > are filled -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

change cell values from an edit box
Is there any way to change a cell's value with an edit box? I've used drop down lists to change/update values, but I have no experience at all with edit boxes. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Mike ...

charts #2
I want a chart with one set of columns and 3 lines. But I can only get 2 columns with 2 lines. Is there any way to have an odd number of columns and odd number of lines at the same time? Can anyone help. Hi Colin, Simply select one of the column data series and then change the chart type. (Right click and choose Chart type.) Colin wrote: > I want a chart with one set of columns and 3 lines. But I > can only get 2 columns with 2 lines. Is there any way to > have an odd number of columns and odd number of lines at > the same time? Can anyone help. -- Cheers Andy http:/...

Format Chart using excel object model.
Hi, I want to create bar and line charts using excel object model from VB. I able to create charts but problem is formating. I want two things very urgent: 1) How to change the color of bars in bar chart and change the color of line in line chart. 2) How to show data labels. Waiting for your reply. Thanks AQ Hi AQ, Here is some code to give you an idea of the code needed. These examples where modified from code produced using the macro recorder in Excel. Sub RedBars() ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).Interior.Color = RGB(255, 0, 0) End Sub Sub RedLine() ActiveChart.SeriesCol...

Type mismatch 04-02-10
Can anyone help? I am getting "Type mismatch (error 13)" when I try to call a method. The method is on a class module. The call is from a userform sub. The call: Dim DataSource as Leaf ... Set DataSource = new Leaf .... various properties of DataSource are used successfully ... .... then the problem call ... DataSource.Insert 1,"^" <<. msg occurs trying to execute this line .... The method: In class module "Leaf" ... Public Sub Insert (ipOrdinal, ipSubValue) Dim Ordinal Dim SubValue .... various statements .... call to another met...

how to count if the value falls between a date range
example 1/1/2005 1/2/2005 = 2 2/1/2005 2/2/2005 = 2 I am trying to get the ount if the value is between 1/12005 and 1/3/2005 and similarly 2/1/2005 and 2/3/2005 =countif(a1:a10,">="&date(2005,1,1)) - countif(a1:a10,">"&date(2005,1,3)) (I'm not sure what between means--include the end dates or not???) joe wrote: > > example > 1/1/2005 > 1/2/2005 = 2 > 2/1/2005 > 2/2/2005 = 2 > > I am trying to get the ount if the value is between 1/12005 and 1/3/2005 and > similarly 2/1/2005 and 2/3/2005 -- Dave Peterson Dave, ...

paired bar chart
Is it possible to create a paired bar chart in Excel? please define paired bar chart? "abj2" wrote: > Is it possible to create a paired bar chart in Excel? See Jon Peltier's site on Tornado Charts http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/tornadochart.html "abj2" wrote: > Is it possible to create a paired bar chart in Excel? ...

Change legend text in Excel Chart
Dim appAs Excel.Application Dim chart As Excel.Chart Set app = CreateObject("Excel.Application") chart.HasLegend = true My problem is how do I change the label of the legend used in the excel.chart ? Can someone show me how to access it ? thanks. Quest You use the Name property of the SeriesCollection method like so This will set the name property of seriescollection 1 to the value test Chart.SeriesCollection(1).Name = "=""Test""" Not sure if Excel will like you using the variable Chart?? -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, En...