Using Relative path for XML data file?

Is there a way to specify a relative path to an XML data file imported into
Excel 2003? I am writing a web app that generates report data as XML for the
user to download to their local machine. This data is to be consumed by an
Excel reporting spreadsheet, which contains display-formatted tables and
charts that are mapped to various data fields in an XML Map, which is in turn
linked to the xml data file they will download.

The idea is the user only needs to download the data for updates, not the
whole spreadsheet. However, since I cannot predict the path where the user
will store their reporting spreadsheet, I need to be able to specify a
relative path (i.e.: the same folder where the spreadsheet is stored) for the
XML data file.
Unfortunately, Excel *always* inserts a full path when selecting a data
file. I cannot find any option that allows me to specify a generic relative
path.

Can anybody help?

Maximum file sizes

find action on log file

File size #11

Linking files 2 ways

Using Relative path for XML data file?

How to repair a .dll file in IE8

Pulling data from separate tabs

data sort

CSV Files and VLOOKUP error

using the journal on outlook

predict future data

Help with importing data

Does Outlook use the DAV protocol?

Formula for cross tab data filling

Any way to open an excel file directly to a worksheet?
I am building an application with an icon that launches an excel file when clicked. Is there any way I can open the file directly to a specified worksheet? The names of the worksheet are fixed and so is the file, so I am guessing adding some parameter after the filename should do the trick. Any help will be appreciated. Regards Sid -- skiddyrow ------------------------------------------------------------------------ skiddyrow's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=23965 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=386335 Hey...

Trouble in Save existing file
Hi there, I am using GetSaveFileName(), OnSaveDocument() to save configuration file of my application. Trouble is when I open existing file, edit, and try to save it as the same name, it compains like "Access to file was denied" and I can't save it. But it can be saved as a new name by SaveAs menu. One other thing is this trouble is happening only in Window2000 PCs. It just works well in Window 98. The application is developed in Windows 2000 and I am using Flags like OFN_PATHMUSTEXIST | OFN_FILEMUSTEXIST; Please help. Bob NZ >Hi there, I am using GetSaveFileName(), OnSaveD...

Search media files
I have WMP 11 on Windows XP SP3. I have recently move all my music on an external hard disk. Now that I want to search the media files so that it changes the file path and I can listen to my music, it seems that there is no search media files in my Tools menu. What am I doing wrong? On Sun, 14 Mar 2010 14:22:01 -0700, newsy <newsy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have WMP 11 on Windows XP SP3. I have recently move all my music on an >external hard disk. Now that I want to search the media files so that it >changes the file path and I can listen to my music, i...

Reference / Copy Dynamic Data
Have a worksheet listing products and prices for numerous suppliers. eg.: Supplier--Product---Price ABC-------apple-----1.00 ABC-------orange----1.20 XYZ-------brick-----3.40 XYZ-------cement----0.80 This worksheet will change often. What I would like is to reference this information on other worksheets. I would also split the info onto a worksheet for each supplier. Therefore i will have a worksheet for ABC and for XYZ, and the info in these worksheets will change as the main "index" worksheet changes. eg. Worksheet ABC contains: Product---Price apple-----1.00 orange----1.20 ...