Using part of a cell in a chart title

I have a chart which should get a title. However, this should be partly be
used from a cell e.g.

"counted with 5%"

5% should be taken from the cell and used in the title.

Is this possible?

0
Nicole (56)

Hi,

Yes it's possible but all of the chart title needs to be in the cell. So you
may need to use a helper cell and concatenate text and value.
http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip001.htm

Cheers
Andy
--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"Nicole" <Nicole@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a chart which should get a title. However, this should be partly be
> used from a cell e.g.
>
> "counted with 5%"
>
> 5% should be taken from the cell and used in the title.
>
> Is this possible?

0
andy9699 (3616)

how to copy the same cell across different work books into another workbook easily?
i have the daily sales from 1.xls, 2.xls likewise till 31.xls, in a single folder. now i have a final consolidated workbook called final.xls, wherein i would want to copy the same cell across all the workbooks into final.xls(which is again in the same folder) easily,..someway like the fill handle or is there someother way, other than selecting each time the cell to be linked??? can anyone help, this is really breaking my head,,.... -- sageerai ------------------------------------------------------------------------ sageerai's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo...

macro to move cursor one cell right
If I need to move the cursor to the right to paste a value copied from another sheet , what macro command should I use You don't need to. The Copy Method accepts a Range argument which would be the destination for the paste operation. For example: Worksheets(1).Range("A1").Copy Destination:=3DWorksheets(3).Range("B12") --JP On Sep 22, 3:31=A0pm, Kodak1993 <Kodak1...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > If I need to move the cursor to the right to paste a value copied from > another sheet , what macro command should I use If JP's reply does not do...

Using web services in client-side JS
Hi all! I have a lookup to contact and want to place contact's last name and parent account name in two custom fields on the form, when I select a contact from lookup. I found two articles related to this topic. The first one is "Using CRM web services in client-side JS" by Michael H=F6hne (http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/topic.aspx?id=3DJSWebService) and another named "Customizing CRM made easy" at MS CRM Team Blog (http://blogs.msdn.com/crm/archive/2007/01/18/customizing-crm-made-easy.asp= x). This articles are really useful and clear to understand, so everything see...

Change a cell's fill color dynamically?
Is it possible to lookup a value in a cell over here and change a cell's fill color over there based on certain criteria? For instance, if all the workdays for a month are listed in column A, is it possible to look up all the Fridays and change the corresponding cell in Column C from whatever color to Yellow? While I'm at it, is it possible to unlock those certain C cells for editing, as well? Thank You so very much. Arlen You can handle the color issue with conditional formatting; you don't need any lookup function. As far as locking/unlocking the cells, you probably ...

Can we use the "F6" or "Load Driver option" available during OS i
Hello All Can we use the "F6" or "Load Driver option" available during OS install any and all PNP drivers ? If yes, what special stuff needs to be added in uninstall section so that we donot get a blue screen saying CRITICAL_SERVICE_FAILED. reason why i asked is When we install driver using the "F6" or "Load Driver option", OS adds some special registry for these drivers in hklm\CCS\criticaldevicedatabase. How this content must be cleaned ? regards, -Jagadish Hadimani In general the answer is no. The real question is wh...

error bars on bar chart in Excel 2007
I would like to assign a separate error bar value to each of the data sets within my bar chart. When I use the customise error bars feature it allocates the same error bar to all of the bars in the graph. Each chart in the bar is a mean in itself, hence the requirement for individual error bars. I see from previous posts that this appeared to be possible in Excel 2003 but I don't have access to this version. If each bar represents the average of a set of numbers, then you can calculate the standard deviation (or other measure of dispersion) for this set of numbers. Put these ca...

How can I check a cell for current date and insert it if blank?
I am modifying the invoice template. I want to create a formaula that checks the date cell for the current date. If a date occupies the cell nothing happens, otherwise, the current date is inserted. Can this be done? Thanks Don Sub insertdate() With ActiveCell If Not IsDate(.Value) Then .Value = Date End With -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Don K" <Don K@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:85927992-1BA5-4B6A-94A7-AFFCCB607BD7@microsoft.com... >I am modifying the invoice template. I want to create a formaula that >checks >...

How to chart a series of formulas?
Hi, does anyone know how to chart a series of formulas? I currently chart cells in column C. Each cell in column C contains a formula - "=A1+B1", "=A2+B2", "=A3+B3", etc. I would like to do away with column C and just get the chart to calculate the values that are being displayed automatically. How can you do this? Thanks Marcus - Charts aren't that smart, and worksheet ranges are pretty cheap. Compute the data in the worksheet, and plot the column with the formulas. Of course, you could name your ranges (Adata and Bdata) by selecting each range, ty...

Log files using up all of my disk space please help!
I used to manually move over all of my log files the ones that are 5mb each but that corrupted my DB so I had to rebuild it. The tech support from Microsoft said all I had to do was run a full backup using ntbackup and it would automatically delete the log files that were already appended to the DB. Well I ran the backup and all my log files are still there with only 500mb left of disk space. My exchange server will probably crash in a few days so how do I remove these log files without removing them manually? What are you backing up? Filesystem or Exchange Information Store? Where a...

VBA and Charting Named Ranges?
Our developers write out a .csv file, with row 1 being the strings for the column titles. I can read these .csv files into a worksheet, so that column 1, for example is titled "LogTime", and Column 10 is TimeOnDisk. I can create a named range for each that covers just the cells that are populated e.g.($A$2:$A$2280). I can use the Names drop-down to verify the named ranges are correct. I have to do this, because in the next release, the developers may add or delete columns of data, but have promised to keep the column names. And the number of rows varies by the number of days worth of...

Protecting cell contents
I have about 5 cells on my sheet that contain formulas which reference other sheets. I therefore want to prevent users from accidentally changing or deleting these 5 formulas. They are free to modify any other data on the sheet. How can I preserve these 5 cells which cointain formulas without using the "Protect Sheet" options??? BTW, users have the ability to protect and unprotect this sheet at any time with their own passwords, so it seems like I need another way to protect my formulas. I mean, once the user un-protects the sheet, they are able to delete anything an...

Help Programming an XY scatter Chart #2
I have a user form that inputs data onto a spreadsheet. I have a command button that runs a macro that activates the sheet, selects the data, and creates the XY Scatter chart. My Problem is that I don't know how to set a loop to set each series' properties . (The number of series changes every time) Bellow is an example where I manually set the properties for three of the series. Any Ideas on how to create a loop to set all. Range("A:A,C:C,D:D").Select Range("D1").Activate Charts.Add ActiveChart.ChartType = xlXYScatter ActiveChart.SetSourceData Sour...

netlogon using wrong DC
I have an odd scenario. I have a DC (win2003 but ADPREP'd to 2008) we'll call DC1 that needs to be turned off. Because of the odd scenario, DC2 has forcefully taken over FSMO roles from DC1. All references to DC1 have been removed in AD and DNS. As far as DC2 knows, DC1 doesn't exist. Similarly, DC1 doesn't have any data about DC2 (had some stale data which I've removed). DC1 and DC2 are on different subnets and firewall rules prevent them from contacting each other. I have a couple production servers that still authenticate against DC1 (in the same subn...

Counting dates using "more than"
Hi all This is hard to explain so please bare with me I would like to count in a column with dates. The formula should count or group the periods when the gap between th dates are more than 3. (days) 1-May-04 4-May-04 5-May-04 6-May-04 7-May-04 11-May-04 14-May-04 15-May-04 19-May-04 In other words; 1,4,5,6,7 is one period 11,14,15 is another and 19 is another With the total being 3 Thanks in advance Joey:confused -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Assuming the dates are always in sequential order and the range of dates in this case is A1:A9: =IF(SUMPRODUCT(--(A2:A10-A...

Cell Styles on Ribbon
The context window that should "pop-up/out" when I click on Cell Styles on the Home tab is "locked" on to my ribbon. Normal, Bad, Good, etc. is on one line and Check Cell, Explanatory, Input, etc is on the second row. I looks like something that you would do if you wanted to modify a ribbon. What is your question? -- HTH Bob "Stephen J" <Stephen J@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D1F8E067-FD46-442F-81BF-9F28AFE465BE@microsoft.com... > The context window that should "pop-up/out" when I click on Cell Style...

IF clause for a range of cells
The following formula works well for me but is there a way to make it shorter by defining a range of cells, rather than individual cells, in the IF part? =SUM(G8:AJ8)+IF(G8="",4)+IF(H8="",4)+IF(I8="",4)+IF(J8="",4)+IF(K8="",4)+IF(L8="",4)+IF(M8="",4)+IF(N8="",4)+IF(O8="",4)+IF(P8="",4)+IF(Q8="",4)+IF(R8="",4)+IF(S8="",4)+IF(T8="",4)+IF(U8="",4)+IF(V8="",4)+IF(W8="",4)+IF(X8="",4)+IF(Y8="",4)+IF(Z8=&quo...

PowerPoint 2007 Org Chart
Do you have any training on how to do an org chart in 2007 PowerPoint? The online training is inadequate in reference to org charts. Loved 2003 but so far hate 2007. -- Sunsen Hi I found quite a lot of info on the MS website - but you may not have found it as they have sneakily renamed org charts. They are now part of SmartArt... There is a training course here: http://office.microsoft.com/training/training.aspx?AssetID=RC101772971033 And SmartArt related stuff here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/powerpoint/CH100675761033.aspx If you have a particular question, l...

Multiple Colors on Area Charts
I would like to know if it is possible to have two different colors in the plotted area of an area chart. In the end, I would like to have the color for numbers less than 0 be one color and greater than 0 be second color. Thanks Hi Have a look at Jon's page on horizontal bands. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/HorizBands.html Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "SarahR." <SarahR.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A77861A3-B9B7-4926-BA1F-9FBE14BE03B4@microsoft.com... >I would like to know if it is pos...

Selection List box in a cell?
How do I use one sheet to allow the user to enter text in each cell of a column. Then in another sheet convert it to a selection list in one cell ? Hutch, You can accomplish that using Data|Validation|Allow List. The List reference should be to a Named Range where the user inputs their data. You should be able to use a dynamic range that would allow for a variable list length using something similar to the formula below as the Name Definition =OFFSET($A$1,0,0,COUNTA($A:$A) To create the named range. (This formula would assume that there is no row heading and that there would be no o...

how to create a line-chart with 2 sets of data who has different x
hi, i don't know how to create a line-chart with 2 sets of data, they have different size. Say set_1 has x-axe from 0 - 12 with 150 intervals. Set_2 has x-axe from 0-14 with 130 intervals. How to put them into a single line chart? Make an XY chart instead. You can connect the markers with lines in both types of charts. http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/2008/07/10/line-charts-vs-xy-charts/ - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Frank_C" <Frank_C@discussions.microsoft...

Using add-type to show a file's property page
I am trying to use powershell 2.0 to show a file's property page by using add-type. The code below is the closest I have got so far but haven't got a clue how to get it working I can't pretend I know what I am doing with this, I have just tried to hack it together from various sources. I certainly know nothing about C# $source=@" public static void ShowFileProperties(string Filename) { SHELLEXECUTEINFO info = new SHELLEXECUTEINFO(); info.cbSize = System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.SizeOf(info); info.lpVerb = "properties"; info.lpFile = Filename; ...

why cut and insert cells only works randomly?
It seems that cutting and inserting cells in the spreadsheet, errors every other time and locks the excell spread sheet... Hi Tony, You'll have to be more specific, but you might find the answers to such problems as inserting rows, using OFFSET with formulas. And you will probably find why extending formulas and does not work for you. -- if any of those are the problem. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/insrtrow.htm I don't know what you mean by locking the sheet, have you turned on sheet protection or have merged cells in your copy.. --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft...

copy cells which are horizontal to verticle
Hi, How do I copy a set of cells which are horizontal to verticle or vice versa? For example: A B C D E F G H I J 1 a 2 b 3 c 4 d 5 6 To become A B C D E F G H I J 1 a b c d 2 3 4 5 6 Thanks. You could copy the selection and then use paste special and check the transpose check box on the bottom right corner of the dialog box. Ed -- nuver ------------------------------------------------------------------------ nuver's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=10036 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/show...

Creating an age or service spread chart
I have an XL2003 spreadsheet containing employee names, departments and dates of birth. I would like to set up charts showing (a) how many people are in each department and (b) how many people are of each age. -- Dave B You could set up a separate table to get the info. List the departments and use an indirect sumproduct formula such as =SUMPRODUCT((ChecksB=B10)*1) or =SUMPRODUCT((ChecksB=B10)*ChecksD) -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Dave Bradshaw" <DaveBradshaw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A90CCA2A-DFEE-449A-9316-E0049...

Chart size relative to contents
2 questions: 1.) I have a chart which plots circles in an X Y scatter. Based on the size of the circles within the chart, the circles appear as an ellipse. I can resize the chart manually to bring the circles back to shape - I was wondering if there was some quick VBA to make the chart area relative to the X and Y axis length. 2.) I use these charts as a template, so the data changes. If I know the extreme X and Y values, is there a method to control the axis length with that information - while still taking advantage of the "automatic" scaling feature? (this will be i...